Where to begin with this. I don't know if I've ever seen so many ideas crammed into one film like this before, not that that's necessarily a compliment in this case. If only it had a sense of when to pull back and when to reign it in. Self-referential and meta to the max and to the point of being almost insufferable enough to bail on it completely. Tons and tons of references and layered jokes that would take maybe…
Young Baz Luhrmann: "Hey mom! Look what I found in the dumpster: it's some old book!"
Mom Luhrmann: "Honey, put that thing back where you found it and get back to filming me throwing glitter at your father."
Young Baz: "But ma! It's got some superficial romance and a melodramatic tragedy of an ending and some subtle political commentary that I can wash over if not ignore completely!"
Mom: "Well, okay honey, I'll let you read it just this one…
1. Uma Thurman in Batman & Robin
2. Halle Berry in Catwoman
3. Dennis Quaid in Vantage Point
4. Greg Kinnear in Loser
5. Emma Stone in Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past
6. Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing
7. Liev Schreiber in The Omen
8. Naomi Watts in Tank Girl
9. Richard Gere in Amelia
10. Kate Winslet in The Life Of David Gale
11. Seann William Scott in Cop Out
12. Johnny Knoxville in Men In Black II
13. Jack McBrayer…