Body Bags 1993 ★★★½

This horror anthology flick is an absolute must for John Carpenter fans. Carpenter actually stars in this as a kind of Crypt Keeper (Tales from the Crypt). Here he is "The Coroner" who tells his tales from a morgue. He is completely hilarious, especially because we know it's JC. He obviously had a lot of fun with this. There are 3 short segments here, two directed by Carpenter himself and one directed by Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Tobe Hooper's "Eye" is the best in my opinion. It's great to see Mark Hamill in a large role. For the most part the shorts are kind of forgettable. "The Hair" with Stacy Keach is fun, but gruesome towards the end. A favorite here is that there are great director cameos throughout the film. Besides Carpenter, we also see Tobe Hooper, Wes Craven, Sam Raimi and Roger Corman. This was originally planned as a Showtime series (to compete with HBO's Tales From the Crypt) but instead was ultimately only arranged in to a single film. It would have been fun to see more.

Comment?

Please to comment.