Why I love this film so much:
- The Bat Copter!
- Bitch-slapping an exploding shark
- Dodgy Irish accented cop
- 'That' theme tune
- The Bat Boat!
- The nobility of a suicidal porpoise (!)
- A ball point banana
- Jet-pack umbrellas
- "Bless my dust pan!" & "Holy Halloween!"
- 'Dehydrated' pirates.
- "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
- 'Re-hydrated' pirates
- The Bat Cycle!
- Cat in a dinghy
- Umbrella/sword duel atop a submarine
- Bat Centrifuge!
- Bat ropes!
In summary: Forget Nolan's films; watch this instead.
A plodding, meandering, mess of a story mixed with bland and uninspiring performances and some of the worst CGI I've seen in the last few years is how I'd sum up Dario Argento's take on the Dracula legend.
To be fair, I went in with low expectations. Having not made a decent film since 2001's Sleepless (and even that wasn't nearly as good as some of his earlier work), and having seen the trailers, I was expecting Argento's latest feature…