The PG rating is largely to blame for The Hearse's failings as a horror film, with the horror element being severely down-played resulting in what often feels like a plodding drama with soap-opera undertones.
PG horror can (and does) work, however The Hearse is unfortunately also plagued by a dull story, which on paper probably looked and sounded better than the result on screen... I mean, a film where a demonic hearse terrorises a young woman who has inherited an…
Why I love this film so much:
- The Bat Copter!
- Bitch-slapping an exploding shark
- Dodgy Irish accented cop
- 'That' theme tune
- The Bat Boat!
- The nobility of a suicidal porpoise (!)
- A ball point banana
- Jet-pack umbrellas
- "Bless my dust pan!" & "Holy Halloween!"
- 'Dehydrated' pirates.
- "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
- 'Re-hydrated' pirates
- The Bat Cycle!
- Cat in a dinghy
- Umbrella/sword duel atop a submarine
- Bat Centrifuge!
- Bat ropes!
In summary: Forget Nolan's films; watch this instead.