What do you get if you cross Herschell Gordon Lewis and Michael and Roberta Findlay? The answer is quite possibly this film.
Massage Parlor Murders is a curious scuzzy gem dug up for mass consumption thanks to the fine folks at Vinegar Syndrome. The film trundles along to the tune of a mixture of funk and synth as our resident madman carves his way through the staff of the local massage parlor. Whilst the film does drag a little earlier…
Why I love this film so much:
- The Bat Copter!
- Bitch-slapping an exploding shark
- Dodgy Irish accented cop
- 'That' theme tune
- The Bat Boat!
- The nobility of a suicidal porpoise (!)
- A ball point banana
- Jet-pack umbrellas
- "Bless my dust pan!" & "Holy Halloween!"
- 'Dehydrated' pirates.
- "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
- 'Re-hydrated' pirates
- The Bat Cycle!
- Cat in a dinghy
- Umbrella/sword duel atop a submarine
- Bat Centrifuge!
- Bat ropes!
In summary: Forget Nolan's films; watch this instead.