+ It's a fun exploitation movie. What raises it above the films Tarantino is paying homage to is the performances, the lyrical dialogue and his music choices.
+ Very interesting setting and characters
+ Ridiculously bloody fun gun fights
- he made the third act up while shooting and it feels weaker and makes it like its gone on long enough.
It's a fun nostalgic time at the movies.
+ Scenes with Batman and Catwoman together
+ The batwing and batcycle were cool thanks to the practical effects
+ Nice Cillian Murphy cameo
+ It was interesting to see the chant and the chalk Batman logo. Never scene a movie try and be viral before.
- Focused on plot exposition so there is no reason to rewatch it for anything but the action which there is very little of. It's full of plot holes and the character motivations make…
+ The cinematography is beautiful throughout, best thing about the movie
+ Bond is as cool as ever
+ They emphasise the 50 year legacy of Bond with multiple references, including the only laugh the movie got out of me with the Aston Martin DB5.
- The action is a disappointingly small scale
- The cheesy one liners are back but they aren't very clever
- The villain has small scale ambitions too, he just wants to kill M, a…
+ Haven't seen this good of a thriller film in years, usually Homeland and Breaking Bad fill that void. To get me so nervous about a true story is a remarkable achievement.
+ Script was like a classic 50s Hollywood movie. Very enjoyable.
- I think he made it one close shave too far which made it ridiculous.
+ I enjoyed it while it was on. Sort of inspiring to make changes to your life.
- Then I thought "that's it?" and saw the director's name who's a dick and then the Weinstein's name who's responsible for it getting Oscar Noms and the reason I watched it. I didn't see this romcom as being special. Just sort of pleasing.
+ Best art direction of scene on a film in forever. Definitely the best from a fantasy film.
+ Finally sold on CGI. The expressions from the CGI characters out perform any puppet or prosthetic monster.
+ Sure the music is mostly a repeat of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack but it's so great.
- The movie really drags. Half the scenes were just unnecessary filler. Like the plotline with key didn't need of be brought up at length…
- The plot is retarded
- The characters are retarded too
+ I couldn't help but get giddy at seeing the futuristic holographic computers and space exploration.
+ Loved the sci fi sounds
+ Well done action scenes
Overall: Turning off your brain is the opposite of what this film promised but if you do you get an excellent spectacle. I seriously want to see Ridley Scott's new Blade Runner movie now.
I love Wes Anderson's style of storybook visuals that set him a part from any other film maker. My problem is that monotone robotic delivery of his. It makes me wonder if the symmetrical detailed cinematography of his is because he has some sort of autism. Also the violence and raunchiness of the two lead children surprised me a few times.
+ Entertaining funny characters
+ Good monster designs
- I was waiting for all the crazy things to happen but that was only the last 20 minutes and was like a rehash of the last season of Angel
- The satire/analysis of teen slasher films didn't make sense and wasn't interesting
Overall: Enjoyable horror comedy but doesn't offer enough "fuck yeah" moments that it could have easily had with the premise.