Just some notes on the film itself:
- I'm surprised Godzilla didn't stomp on the knock-you-over-the-head bumblefack-Sikel & Ebert impersonators.
- Matthew Broderick is kryptonite for trim, even in fuzzy, rain swept tv footage covered in a heavy, unflattering coat
- I'm only giving this .5 because I'm not sure it will show up as 0 out of 5
- The car, yes, it has high beams. It's a highly advanced super-taxi
- Maria Pitillo is a poor woman's Leslie Mann
- The Riffs were excellent
New Ninja Turtles is a solid 3.5 stars, really not understanding the low Tomatometer rating. It's been explained to me that Megan Fox & Bay have a lot of preconceived notions that sour people going in. But Fox is really good as April O'Neill, looks her part (a slice of life TV reporter in NYC), she's definitely no Shia. Will Arnett is funny and a relatable everyman, remarkably sedated as quirky comedic relief Vern.
There's enough shout outs to keep old…