Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close 2011

This review reportedly contains spoilers.
I can handle the truth.

This review reportedly contains spoilers.

This film is terrible and here is why

1. The boy is awful. He may or may not have a mental disease, but that is no excuse to yell at other people like that.

2. His voice overs are just unnecessary (Lie Number 42).

3. Poor Sandra Bullock. She was just a waste of space in this movie.

4. Sandra Bullock letting her son (who might have a mental illness) walk around all of New York City as he went on his personal quest to find out where the key fits is the purest finest bullshit this side of the running from the bulls.

5. The whole idea that she went to all the people named Black telling them that her son will visit them is a bigger piece of bullshit. She to was damaged by the loss of Tom Hanks' character. She could have gone on the journey with her son and it would have been more rewarding.

6. The film is balancing two tones: The tragedy of 9/11 and the comedy of the boy interacting with other people

7. I got a bit teary eyed, but it didn't come from the story. It came from my own memories of where I was on 9/11.

8. This film is tasteless in showing the events of 9/11 and the constant showing of bodies falling in mid air.

A lot of people criticize "War Horse" for being too sentimental. But at least that movie had a great story with characters that I cared about and a great filmmaking style. It's tasteless.

For all of the people who hated this movie, I call on sending out Seal Team Six to go after Stephen Daldry, Scott Rudin, Eric Roth and Thomas Horn.