Why I watched it:
1. Filler material for my December Challenge 2.
2. I had seen the first one.
3. I need to see bad movies to appreciate the good ones even more.
4. I'm secretly hoping that each next project Sandler does matches the spirit of Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.
5. I don't like to watch classics or movies I think I'll like (or hope I'll like) when I'm tired. I have made this mistake before.
6. To read Forrest Ellsorth's review of the film.
When reviewing films like THE ACT OF KILLING, I wish I good write better. The movie begins with a well-picked quote from Voltaire that says killing is not allowed and punished, unless the killers are warriors and kill in the thousands. Winners of war have the power to distort the truth and say what they want. The Indonesian government celebrates these killers. And they say that god hates communists (which reminds me of a Bob…
Three cars piled up, one of them burning, people injured or dead, and a woman crying: "My Hermes handbag."
This was my first dip into the revolutionary waters of French Nouvelle Vague and my first Godard film. WEEK END is a film that is very critical towards society. People caring only for themselves, forcefully taking what is not theirs.
2 scenes stuck out to me. First was the long take discussion of a sexual encounter which…
This notorious film about making a snuff film won't leave my mind for a while. The lengths that this movie goes to... I rarely decide not to re-watch a certain movie, but this one is probably going into that pile. Unless someone pays me to watch it again. Hopefully I don't have to sign a contract like that Serbian porn actor did.