Beatrice & Benedick 4evarrrrrrrrr (though I preferred Bearded Benedick)
Claudio is still an ass.
This generation's Romeo + Juliet. Special mention to the fab updating of the Hey Nonny Nonny song and the Nathan Fillion cameo that will make you wonder if he's gained weight with age or is padded for the part.
This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.
Mixed feelings on this one, but they can pretty much be summarised thusly:
- James is a fun teacher, but a complete unlaugh as a romantic partner
- Sarah is waaaaaay too good for him
- Similar to Pretty Woman - guy meets woman with past, guy "rescues" woman, woman leaves guy, woman decides to make something of herself by going to uni, guy wins girl back, Romance wins over Education - but not as fun a soundtrack
- the students are great
- liked the mother-daughter scenes
- sign language is awesome
- apparently large bodies of water are an aphrodisiac?
"I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?"
I wanted to be so much more impressed by and engaged with this film than I was. Honestly, rather than gasping at the supposed twists, I was gasping at the sudden and unexpected appearance of Jaime Lannister. That and the blatant Matrix plagiarising. Though the HAL-esque drones were good.
Also, the ending...WHUT.