Jun 07, 2012
This review reportedly contains spoilers.
I can handle the truth.
Some of the things I loved about The Cabin in the Woods:
- Buffy/Angel/Dollhouse actors popping up all over the shop. Amy Acker! Fran Kranz! Tom Lenk! Geek squeal!
- Richard Jenkins telling adorable Japanese schoolgirls to fuck off.
- Richard Jenkins doing anything.
- Every scene is fun. No exposition, economical filmmaking, respect for the audience. Yummy treats!
- Am I on speaker phone?
- Raising an eyebrow and making disappointed face at anyone who finds making entertainment out of girls being hunted down and chopped up (or tortured in their underwear) entirely unproblematic.
- The valuable lesson that in the end, we are all eaten by our own merman.
Please sign in to comment.