The Avengers 2012 ★★★★

This review reportedly contains spoilers.
I can handle the truth.

This review reportedly contains spoilers.

I am gonna try my best not to spoil any part of this film and I will be upfront with my opinions. First, the obvious, this has the best action sequences in any film so far. There is simply no question about it. I saw it in 2D and the sound (along with the mesmerising visuals) blew me away. The most butt clenching action film I have seen.

The story is satisfying, with some really awesome nerdy asides. Mark Ruffalo nails it and Samuel L. Jackson is even more of a bad ass. I hated Thor the movie but Thor was a great character in this.

There is a lot (read: A LOT) to hate about this movie but this seems to be as good as an action movie can be to satisfy the masses (take note, Bay).

From here on out, there be spoilers.
First, Marvel, it is ok to KILL people. If Thor had done its job right, there would be no Avengers. In fact, Loki tries to kill everyone and, when caught, he asks for a freaking drink? WTF!? I do not want to empathise with a villain!
So many points in the film do they capture him and do...f*** all.

But that is minor, other small things which I do not need to vent about will be noticed by all but there will be things I liked and others did not, such is life.