Top Fives by Year
Inspired by Devon's Five in a Row list (letterboxd.com/dtb/list/five-in-a-row/), but with my own top five per year across each row. These are subject to change at any time, as I both watch new films and reevaluate ones I've seen before.
I'm really weak in the '80s, I'm just gonna let you know. '70s too, to some degree, though I've been working on that lately. But those decades I don't always have a lot to choose from for these lists, because I simply haven't seen too many, so the picks may be somewhat suspect. For now. Meanwhile, in the '20s, there are a couple of years where I haven't even seen five films, let alone five good films, so to keep the rows even I used a few "dummy" films. You'll know them when you see them. :)
Added Gravity to 2013, removed Star Trek: Into Darkness.
- Added Never Weaken to 1921, removed The Sheik
- Added The Office Wife to 1930, removed The Blue Angel (it's not better, but I liked it more)
- Added Side Effects to 2013, removed Gangster Squad
- Added Crossfire to 1947, removed Out of the Past (yeah, deal with it)
- Added Much Ado About Nothing to 2013, removed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
- Added Man of Steel to 2013, removed Oz the Great and Powerful
- Added Ed Wood to 2004, removed Little Women
- Added Star Trek Into Darkness to 2013