• Carson Hearne

★★½ Added by Carson Hearne

Extremely fun popcorn movie. Pretty much all I have to say.

• Steve G

★★★ Watched by Steve G 20 Sep, 2015 10

Sunday Munch!

This was probably pretty good but to be honest I wasn't paying much attention because David Cameron put his cock in a dead pig's mouth.

• damug

★★★ Watched by damug 23 Aug, 2015

All this trouble because an Italian child needed a 200 lira hat from Texas.

• Tyler Featherstone

★★★½ Watched by Tyler Featherstone 17 Aug, 2015

Like I'm sure most have, I only really watched "20 Million Miles to Earth" for Harryhausen's stop motion work. After all, it is the only reason the film got made in the first place.

So in that sense, yes, it's excellent. His stop motion work is top notch, and doesn't just include the Venusian creature Ymir, but also a person (being horribly attacked) and an Elephant. It stands out from a lot of other creature features in that the Ymir…

• CarcinoGent

★★★ Added by CarcinoGent

Notable for its Harryhausen effects. The rest is a pretty average affair.

• tjeckz

★★½ Watched by tjeckz 02 Aug, 2015

A United States Air Force rocket ship crash lands off of Sicily after a secret expedition to Venus, and a fisherman's kid finds an egg-like item in the ship's wreckage. After the egg is sold to a local zoologist, it hatches, and the reptilian alien creature inside begins growing at an exorbitant rate. The race to prevent it from doing damage is led by the ship's only surviving crew member and the zoologist's attractive granddaughter. Good effects by Ray Harryhausen, and the ending scene at the Colosseum is pretty good, but not much happens before the end.

• Muddguts

★★★★ Added by Muddguts

I love Ray Harryhausen movies to death but this one I have only seen once. I felt so incredibly sad for the Ymir all movie long that I haven't been able to watch it again.

• evlkeith

★★★ Watched by evlkeith 11 Jul, 2015

Ray Harryhausen Festival No. 4

Another enjoyable slice of rampaging action with yet another sympathetic creature. It all brings back harrowing memories of Shadow of the Colossus...

Brilliant characterisation and some stunning lighting add up to some of my favourite Harryhausen effects so far.

Harryhausen's Effects - 4 out of 5

• Andrew Draper

★★½ Watched by Andrew Draper 05 Mar, 2009

My daughter (5 years old at the time) had been asking to see "scary movies," and I thought between the b/w photography and the old-style stop-motion animation this old B-movie would be remote enough from her world to be scary without being too scary. Actually, it was a bit too scary! When people got hurt, it was distressing for her (though the violence is mostly implied... the main exception is when rubble falls on some bystanders in Rome, which made…

• SammyBronkowitz

★★★½ Watched by SammyBronkowitz 11 Feb, 2014

An entertaining monster movie, that obeys every rule and cliche from that time and genre. (That makes it sound worse than it is, btw.)

• Not Dave Kehr

Added by Not Dave Kehr

A giant Venusian whatsit, animated by Ray Harryhausen, tramples the tourist centers of Italy in a superior piece of SF cheapness (1957). Nathan Juran (The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad) directed; with William Hopper and Joan Taylor. 82 min.

• David Dougan

★★★½ Watched by David Dougan 01 Jul, 2015

In a lot of ways, 20 Million Miles to Earth is a cheap and cheesy film. There's a lot of stock footage and poorly used rear projection in it, but what makes it so much fun to watch is the genius of Ray Harryhausen. His stop-motion work in the film is glorious, and it overcomes the film's flaws elsewhere to make it a very entertaining watch.