• fengypants

★★★½ Rewatched by fengypants 13 Jan, 2015

Steven Soderbergh’s 110-minute edit — or as John Gruber calls it, “The ‘HAL was right’ cut,” a counter to 2001’s early critics.

I thought it was particularly interesting to see how much dialogue could be removed, while maintaining many of the story’s implications.

And even though I wouldn't say this version completely changed my understanding of the film, I enjoyed this leaner, meaner cut. And, I appreciate Soderbergh’s willingness to share these little experiments with us.

• Zac

★★★★★ Rewatched by Zac 25 Jan, 2015

Saw this in 70mm and I was blown away. there's not much to say that hasn't already been said. This is, if not the, then one of the three greatest achievements in cinema of all time!

• tempo_plus

★★★★★ Rewatched by tempo_plus 25 Jan, 2015

I've finally seen a 70mm presentation of it in the cinema. I can now die happier. It most propably is the greatest movie of all time.

• jessikatz

★★★★ Watched by jessikatz 25 Jan, 2015

What just happened and why did I like it so much

• Brandon Santana

★★★★★ Watched by Brandon Santana 03 Jan, 2015

I know people are questioning the meaning or the Plot of the movie but if you know Stanley Kubrick you would understand that he tries to have a significant meaning behind his movies. But he doesn't really clarify the meaning behind this movie because he wants the viewers to think hard about the meaning and come up with their own answers. Overall this movie to me was beautiful, the scenery was amazing. After I watched this movie I stayed thinking about it for a few hours because it left quite an Impact on me. I give it a 5 out of 5 Stars.

• AYPerelson

★★★★★ Rewatched by AYPerelson 24 Jan, 2015

A Film full of wonder awe and amazement, and Stanley Kubrick at his best.

• Gareth Rees

★★★★½ Watched by Gareth Rees 24 Jan, 2015

9.5/10.

• Doomsday

★½ Added by Doomsday 1

On September 11, 2001 terrorists hijacked several airliners, crashing them into the twin towers of the World Trade Center, Pentagon and having one plummet to the ground thanks to the bravery of its passengers. Thousands lost their lives and Western civilization was set on a course that would change the modern course of history. National policy and the mindset of the American people and her allies were forever changed. Thousands more would die in the ensuing wars and guerrilla attacks…

• wonderlanding

★★★★★ Added by wonderlanding

It's everything you want from a sci-fi film. Space. Aliens. Unidentified objects. Danger. Robots. Astronauts. And a ton of colours.

It's visually stunning - indescribably so. It still feels impressive nowadays. Even if you don't know what's going on, it's hard not to enjoy every second.

• Craig Minett

★★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Minett 20 Jan, 2015

I watched it for the first time on the big screen and it was magnificent, one of the best cinematic experiences I've had in years.

• Ali Aoun

★★★★½ Added by Ali Aoun

some movie watching advice: skip the first half and watch the rest while you're high

• Jesper Tebrand