• mellowigloo

★★★ Added by mellowigloo

B-E-A-U-tiful shots. Story is shitty and slow but Kubrick's intention was probably more about getting highly philosophical and bending the limits of what a movie could do/say. Glad I saw it but wouldn't want to see it again.

• Peazze

★★★★★ Watched by Peazze 30 Aug, 2015

I'm not able to review this.
    Stanley Kubricks masterpiece is definetely too big for me.
    It was brilliant !

PS: HAL 9000 - I hate you !

• TheFilmCave

★★★★½ Added by TheFilmCave

Stanley Kubrick's film, 2001: A Space Odyssey is a compelling space adventure with incredible visuals and a very ambitious story which is handled perfectly by Kubrick. Although it's very slow at times, Kubrick does a great job with telling this space film with visuals instead of characters just taking with each other.

• Jake M

★★★★ Watched by Jake M 29 Aug, 2015

wow.

• Kai

★★★★★ Watched by Kai 29 Aug, 2015

I love the work of a few directors but nobody blows my mind like Stanley Kubrick. I watch his work slackjawed and utterly confused about what is happening on the screen until I read an essay about it after its over and get the most satisfying 'Holy shit' moment I can possibly experience. It is fucking wonderful

• Funnyguy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Funnyguy 29 Aug, 2015

2001: A Space Odyssey is a masterpiece. The correlation of the mind-blowing cinematography and soundtrack, and the superiorly ambiguous ingenious plot and symbolic use is sublime.

This film is emblematic of film as a craft.

For any film, the target is to be as good as possible in doing what the film does. That means to be extremely funny, very emotional, uncannily scary, and so on - or maybe a mix between two or more genres.

What makes 2001 special,…

• thi_trinh

★★★★½ Added by thi_trinh

80%

• Matt

★★★★★ Added by Matt

GREAT MOVIE

"Kubrick’s film is borderline inaccessible to a modern day audience because we’ve become accustomed to quick storytelling and fast paced sequences which is a real shame." - whatculture.com on "2001"

There has been much criticism of "2001" since its release back in 1968. People have complained it's too slow, or that it doesn't make any sense, or that it's too boring. Complaints like this existed back in 1968, when it appeared this film wouldn't amount to much, and…

• JimJig

★½ Added by JimJig

A REVIEW BY MY BROTHER:
    NOT MY RATING

Movies can leave a certain impact as I stated in a film essay I did. Only some are meant to get you in a more philosophical way. Or how about films that are a bit more hard to follow and whose meaning isn't quite clear. So I brought my sarcastic smart ass brother Connor in to comment on 2001: A Space Odyssey. What could be deeper?
    First off, I made a bit…

• John Winters

★★★★★ Rewatched by John Winters 27 Aug, 2015 2

There is a point at which the terms "favorite" and "best" can sometimes bear the same meaning, and I think one of those few points in film history is '2001: A Space Odyssey.' As far as I'm concerned, there is not much else in cinema history that rivals the pure achievement of '2001'. The film takes us from the humble beginnings of human history all the way to the end of humanity as we know it, and the visual journey…

• Thegrandpuba21

★★★★★ Rewatched by Thegrandpuba21 18 Aug, 2015

This science fiction masterpiece by Stanley Kubrick is a beautiful and haunting film that eases you into this future. Through great acting, incredible cinematography, and the creation of one of the greatest antagonists of any movie, HAL 9000; 2001 pulls you into its world and allows it to speak for itself.

• Menag Sacul

★★★★★ Added by Menag Sacul

As all we know this films is from 1968, what can we say about? I have a deep respect for the movie, Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke as well.
    A movie full of philosophy and history, imagination and great quality.