• Hamushy

★★★★½ Rewatched by Hamushy 17 Nov, 2014

Well, I don't even know where to start on this one. Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey has one of the most though-provoking messages and one of the biggest payoffs in cinematic history. Giving a brief summary of the story is barely worth it since the various acts are entirely different from one another and doesn't seem to form a coherent plot line until the message of the film is presented. The film was adapted from a short story by…

• omerh

Rewatched by omerh 23 Nov, 2014

The stick!..

• frognebula

★★★★ Added by frognebula

i dont even know how to describe this movie honestly

• PaulLlewellyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by PaulLlewellyn 22 Nov, 2014

With the boys. During the last shot Joel(6) delightedly exclaimed "It's a baby planet!" Yes, it is Joel, yes it is.

• dnklgr

★★★★★ Added by dnklgr

"HAL: I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

• Serph

★★★★★ Watched by Serph 22 Nov, 2014

No tengo palabras, pero no las necesita.

• kevstar

★★★★★ Watched by kevstar 19 Nov, 2014

How is it that I've never sat all the way through this until now? Part of the answer for me was the realisation that the TV broadcasts of old would just never do, not even the bizarre letterboxed version broadcast by BBC2 about a decade ago (or maybe more) in which the black lines at the top and the bottom of the picture were 'disguised' with the addition of random stars. Occasionally I watched the beginnings of such screenings but…

• havardob

★★★★½ Watched by havardob 19 Nov, 2014

"Dave, I'm afraid"... How the heck is this movie made BEFORE the moon-landing? This movie is nearly 50 years old, but it doesnt feel that way at all. I've seen plenty of references to this film before, in The Simpsons, Recess (The Cartoon Network show) and in Futurama, so I already knew what would happen. Not the ending though, it took me by suprise... Great movie all in all

• André Veiby

★★★★★ Added by André Veiby

If you do not like movies where you have to think to understand whats going on, do not watch this movie. It is a typical Kubrick movie with good visuals for being made in 1968. This one of my favorite Kubrick films and it keeps me at least entertained and wondering what the hell Kubrick is trying to tell us. Good movie, watch it one day you feel smart.

• KekMaster2

★★★★½ Watched by KekMaster2 25 Dec, 2013

I thought it was confusing but apparantly people think that's what makes it good so im gonna give it a high score

• Alex

★★★★★ Watched by Alex 07 Oct, 2009

This is my absolute favorite movie of all time. Everything about it is a masterpiece.

• Nick