• Niva

★★★ Watched by Niva 25 Nov, 2015 1

nunca tive tanta certeza de nao ter entendido um filme

• Miami Conroy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Miami Conroy 24 Nov, 2015

On this episode of I get mad emotional at 1 am....

• Nick Prideaux

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Prideaux 25 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Screened together with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.

• Zaw Mine

★★★ Watched by Zaw Mine 23 Nov, 2015

I enjoy this movie. I know this is a masterpiece, but I didn't love it. Love the beautiful cinematography. The scores in this movie is amazing. I'll definitely watch this movie again.

• Wooderson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Wooderson 24 Nov, 2015

Film #26 of the Scavenger Hunt #1
    Task #23 A Space film

One of the few films I sit in complete darkness (dankness) turn off all electronic distractions and just bask in it's glory.

• Aadya

★★★★½ Added by Aadya

Its an obsessive , beautiful and genius piece of Visual art by Kubrick ! But its lack of dialogues and story and slow pace made it hard to sit for 2 hrs 41 minutes !! If u want to witness or experience a visual masterpiece then yes..! if u wanna have a good time ..or just for entertainment ,then No ! I am giving it 4.5 for Kubrick's dedication and hardwork !!

• Ben Oliver

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Oliver 22 Nov, 2015

We spend the first few minutes of 2001 gaping into the void, looking at nothing but a black screen. Much like the apes and the spacemen in the film, we stare at a monolith, unsure what to do.

It’s unclear what Kubrick intended with his film and it seems as though he made it deliberately ambiguous, but a piece of work that still invites new interpretations 47 years after its release is a rare thing.

I tend not to delve…

• Adithya Kantewada

★★★★★ Added by Adithya Kantewada

It took me 5 days to complete this movie because its so pain-stackingly boring other than the first & last 15 minutes.But its still its the greatest Sci-Fi movie of all time. Its not gonna be on my favourite movies list but its definitely gonna make my list of greatest films of all time, there lies the difference. This is Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece but I loved The Shining .

• Aaron Devery

★★★ Watched by Aaron Devery 22 Nov, 2015 1

I am looking at this as optimistically as I possibly can. Perhaps I'm veiwing the film the wrong way, perhaps there's some detail you should know before you watch it. However I ended up quite confused by the end, and certainly can't see why this is proclaimed as a cinematic masterpiece. I'm going to read into it and see if I'm missing something. Maybe I'll watch it again in a few years and see if I feel different but right now I'm just bewildered and slightly disappointed.

• Steffen Lunau

★★★★★ Watched by Steffen Lunau 22 Nov, 2015

lay down your tools and stop relying on machines!

• Kristian Cooper

★★★★★ Added by Kristian Cooper 1

What can possibly be said about 2001 a space odyssey that hasn’t already been said to death about this film? There really is not much else we can say because it truly is an amazing piece of cinema. The simple tale of a group of astronauts who take a trip to Jupiter became so groundbreaking and the basis for all future science fiction films from alien to Interstellar to star wars and Kubrick’s ideas actually transpired into reality when the…

• Derenzo

★★★★ Added by Derenzo

Incredible in its technical achievement. Took a optics class once which stepped through all the FX shots and how they were composed (all first generation, on the film) and was blown away.

Why only 4? Well, I'm not trying to sit around and watch 2001 all the time, so my enjoyment of it is a little lessened. An amazing movie, however.