• Kevin Weist

★★★ Watched by Kevin Weist 02 Jul, 2015

First of all, you have to see it.
    Secondly, if you DO see it, try hard to watch it in one sitting, with no distractions, the way Kubrick meant it to be seen. I promise that despite the glacial pace of some scenes, a focused viewing will leave you transported.
    Lastly, do drugs first. Pretend you're a movie-goer in 1968 when it came out. It would have blown minds. Still does.

• Jonah Chavez

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jonah Chavez 30 Jun, 2015

Absolutely iconic. Not much to say. It's a masterpiece and a brilliantly influential cinematic experience. Incredible science fiction, beautiful visuals, and a wonderful score.

• Cameron Clarke

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cameron Clarke 01 Jul, 2015

My father showed me this film when I was very young and beginning to show interest in science and astronomy. Consequently I have been wearing 2001 tinted spectacles ever since.

However, this being only my second time to watch the film, after reading the book and its sequel, watching dozens of films inspired by Kubrick's work, and after nearly 12 years since the first watching, my expectations were a little to high perhaps. I think I was much more able…

• Matt Pierce

★★★★ Watched by Matt Pierce 02 Jul, 2015 3

I don't have enough drugs for this shit

• Razz Rahman

★★★★★ Watched by Razz Rahman 02 Jul, 2015

As a guy who is fairly partial to good cinematics and photography, this film gave me a visual orgasm, that is to say my eyes were very satisfied with this film. Having read other analyses of this film after watching it myself, I feel like an idiot for not initially understanding the underlying motifs and central point of the film. I guess that's testament to the subtlety and knowing confidence a man like Kubrick can harness for a film like this.

This film makes Interstellar look like a lowbrow Marvel flick.

• Val

Watched by Val 01 Jul, 2015

wtf is this trash

• Reece Calvert

★★½ Watched by Reece Calvert 01 Jul, 2015

I desperately wanted to love this film, as a film lover and art house lover, I was itching in anticipation to watch this classic film, but, alas the famous Kubrick had a long way to fall off his throne. Thank you once again, Stanley Kubrick, for bringing us a 7:3 pretentious art to plot ratio. Sure, it s a pretty film, but to be honest, you want to watch a film to enjoy a good story (most of the time)…

• Dave Kehr

Added by Dave Kehr

With Arthur Penn's Bonnie and Clyde, this was the movie that stirred up the "film generation" of the late 60s, spreading the idea that movies had at last become an art form at precisely the moment when (it now appears in retrospect) the most fertile period of American filmmaking was coming to an end. Stanley Kubrick's 1968 film (made in England) is fascinated by the technology of movies as much as by the technology of space—it presents film as a…

• WesternUnion

★★★ Rewatched by WesternUnion 20 Mar, 2014

62/100

Kubrick in deeply meditative mode. Tolerable enough as that, but more a purely visceral trip than one that resonates anywhere else. I've never been that enthused about the orchestral sequences bookending this one (obv. not because of the music itself).

• Felipe Queiroz

★★★★★ Added by Felipe Queiroz

Nada mais nada menos do que o melhor filme de todos os tempos. Simples.

• peach30

Watched by peach30 30 Jun, 2015

0. 첫 느낌 : 와 뭐야 너무 무서워 ㅠㅠ 너무 무섭고 ㅠㅠㅠ 그냥 무섭고요 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

1. 스타차일드가 카메라 렌즈 보는 마지막 장면 지릴뻔 ㅠㅠㅠ 헐 너무 무섭고 ㅠㅠㅠ 야 이거 스페이스 호러였어? ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 심해 공포증 저리가라 우주 공포증 ㅠㅠ 야 너무 무섭다... 저 진공에 나 혼자라면 ㅠㅠㅠ 진짜 느릿느릿 + 장중하다 약간 성스럽고 거대한 문화유적 보는 느낌ㅋㅋㅋ 스톤헨지나 피라미드 같은 무엇인가를 보는 느낌. 글고 퍼스트 시퀀스에서 '짜라투스트라는 이렇게 말했다' 나올 때는 이 장면 자체가 너무너무 아이콘화 되어 있어서 웃음 나올뻔..…

• PerseuEvans

★★★★★ Rewatched by PerseuEvans 28 Jun, 2015

Watching it for the first time on the big screen, several elements stood out - especially the visuals in the final segment and how flawless the "Dawn of Man" prologue is. Moreover, it remains one of the most haunting and enigmatic meditations on mortality ever produced by cinema.