• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 91

61eR ®

• framptonhollis

★★★★★ Added by framptonhollis

A true epic of science fiction. With fascinating symbolism and astounding visuals, this is one film I love to watch again and again.

• michaelgd

★★★★½ Rewatched by michaelgd 02 Feb, 2016

This gets better every time I see it. As I get older, I think I gain a greater appreciation for its deliberate pace, and willingness to withhold information from the viewer. The younger me was often perplexed and frustrated by this film, but I've learned to accept that what I once thought of as weaknesses, may actually be strengths.

• Tony

★★★★½ Added by Tony

It is extremely beautiful for its age and has an amazing soundtrack.

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

All-Time Great!

• Mactroid

★★★★★ Added by Mactroid

Impressionante o trabalho do Kubrick nesse filme, mal dá pra acreditar que esse filme foi produzido na década de 60!
    Os efeitos são incríveis, mas tem um problema... NÃO ENTENDI NADA!

• therealkim

★★★★ Added by therealkim

the video art part was very good but overall just good.

• Sillie

★★★½ Added by Sillie

Epic visionary science-fiction masterpiece. Sometimes too dry or too radical, but certainly unique. Even 50 years later… some bits are dated, but more are still unforgettable.

• Kikuchisawa

★★★★ Rewatched by Kikuchisawa 02 Feb, 2016 4

Film #2 in the February 2016 Scavenger Hunt!
    Task #1 - A film that was snubbed for an Oscar
    letterboxd.com/kikuchisawa/list/scavenger-hunt-february-2016/

Stanley Kubrick, the universally praised, 140-takes-a-scene, perfectionist director, who has made some of the greatest films of all time, some of which include Dr. Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, and, of course, 2001: A Space Odyssey.

While it may be very slow, and not for everyone, it is definitely a mesmerizing film, from the original sci-fi concepts, to the excellent set…

• Andrew Gelinas

★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Gelinas 22 Jan, 2016

Stanley Kubrick Reviews (2 of 7)

I went into this movie knowing full well that many people love this movie and mark this as the single greatest sci-fi movie of all time. I remember seeing this movie as a young kid and just not understanding a thing that was going on, this was also because I started learning and film theory and auteurism. So I was all set to fully embrace this movie and finally understand why this movie is…

• Ad Weterings

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ad Weterings 01 Feb, 2016

I am suspecting this movie(in 1968) caused the public to steer away from SF in the cinema for almost ten years. As the movie is hard to understand and most people are not into meta-physics... not so much.
    Nevertheless, to my taste this remains a landmark in cinema-history. It does however require a peace of mind as some scenes are quite lengthy, involve beautiful music by Strauss and great pictures. Although at one scene at the end some form of…

• naanbred