• K Gopal Krishna

★★★★★ Rewatched by K Gopal Krishna 23 May, 2016

Love is an experience, love is a feeling, love is when two people so indulged and wound up in each other are oblivious to the feelings that creep up. But when does love happen, when does it really? Does it happen to us more than once but too soon or too late? Do we not realize the drowsy future we're heading towards? Are we trapped into memories and secrets we create in ourselves where nothing ever changes?

2046 is nothing…

• eyestrane

★★★½ Rewatched by eyestrane 21 May, 2016

2046, should be required viewing for every wanna-be filmmaker and DP (director of photography) out there, Christopher Doyle is unmatched to this day in his composition of shots and use of color and motion to convey emotion. Now I do realize a host of visual effects artists worked on the film and most likely largely contributed to this but it was under his direction without a doubt.

As far as the film is concerned I found the timeline and message…

• K Gopal Krishna

★★★ Watched by K Gopal Krishna 20 May, 2016 3

Beautifully shot, wonderfully narrated, 2046 comes in dark colours and cynical undertones on love found and love lost I still can't wrap my head around.

• ιωαννα με το μηδεν

★★★★★ Rewatched by ιωαννα με το μηδεν 18 May, 2016

Τί θα ήταν το 2046 χωρίς το in the mood for love?
     Μάλλον τίποτα.
    Δεν μπορώ να επιλέξω το comfort food μου, αλλά είμαι σίγουρη για την comfort movie μου.
    Αυτό ειναι το δικό μου Voight-Kampff test.

• Aaron Hammond

★★★½ Watched by Aaron Hammond 15 May, 2016

Ok now THIS is how you do a shared cinematic universe.

Turns out memories do reverberate in the ether, the strands coming together to create, what else. a Wong Kar-Wai film. Doesn't quite have the emotional punch of CHUNGKING EXPRESS or IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE, but Wong's style is effortlessly intoxicating. Oh and Tony Leung putting on a chemistry clinic with Faye Wong, Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li doesn't hurt either. REALLY makes me want to give DAYS OF BEING WILD another look.

• Hibiscus

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hibiscus 15 May, 2016 1

To me, this will always be one of few absolutely perfect films ever made.

No matter how much you wear it, through sunshine or rain, 2046 will forever be one of the few completely stainless shirts.

No other director can make films with such romance as Wong Kar Wai!

• Diosglosia

★★★★ Watched by Diosglosia 01 May, 2016

Venimos de In The Mood For Love. Una obra tan perfecta como real. Llegamos a 2046, y en ella buscamos las mismas cosas. Las mismas sensaciones. Los mismos detalles. Y si bien no vamos a encontrarlos, no vamos a salir insatisfechos de nuestro viaje al 2046.

De una de las historias más crudas sobre el amor romántico llegamos ahora a la historia sobre esa sensación tan dolorosa y tan perdida que es el desamor, y buscaremos en donde no hay…

• Mars

★★★★★ Watched by Mars 07 May, 2016

"Love is all a matter of timing. Its no good meeting the right person too soon or too late."

After being blown away by In the Mood for Love, it comes as no surprise to me that I've also fallen in love with its sequel. I've said this many times: I think Kar-wai's true talent lies in his ability to make his films feel like private and personal experiences to every individual viewer. It is with this talent that he…

• Mark Boszko

★★★ Watched by Mark Boszko 05 May, 2016

Took so much of what I loved about Mood and tossed it out the window. The 2046 wardrobe and clouds of hair were interesting choices, though.

• Gaines

★★★★ Watched by Gaines 04 May, 2016

Not as spellbinding as In the Mood for Love, but still deeply engaging. I need to see it at least once more to parse out the connecting storylines and the jumbled timeline. Zhang Ziyi: breathtaking.

• Filipa Costa

Watched by Filipa Costa 04 May, 2016

Dear Diary,

"Love is all a matter of timing. It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late."

But who exactly is the right person?

Maybe there are a lot of "right person"s out there, but I've been too picky. Or maybe I'm not the right person for anyone, at this time.

But I will, let's hope! I just need to build a life on my own, first. Quoting Tumblr: "I need to get a real job so I can stop crying over expensive lingerie, and start crying in expensive lingerie."

Once that time comes, I'll think about the right person!

Love,
    Lipa

• Capra_cinefila

★★★ Added by Capra_cinefila

2046 è una chimera sentimentale, un amore senza lieto fine. In questa ideale prosecuzione del bellissimo In the mood for love il regista cinese vuol completare il suo discorso sull'amore, i ricordi e il tempo. Elegante come sempre, anche se l'eccessivo estetismo formale (la prima parte è esasperata dai ralenti) rischia di stancare e irritare, mentre l'abuso delle tematiche comincia a mostrare la coda. Come al solito cast ineccepibile, con il solito campionario di sinuose bellezze orientali.