• José Rubio

★★★★★ Added by José Rubio

Dvd

• Tom Prankerd

★★★½ Watched by Tom Prankerd 20 Oct, 2016

A worthy follow-up to In The Mood for Love. Catching up with Chow again is a delight and while the film lacks its' predecessor's intimacy and intensity it's still a genuine magical experience and sees Wong Kar-Wai showing off even more flair.

• Jaime Grijalba

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jaime Grijalba 22 Oct, 2016

2046 (2004)

10/10

I can now understand this film much much better than in my first viewing, and I can now safely understand why while I love this movie enormously, I don't think it's as great as its "prequel".

While I love Tony Leung, I do think that this film relies heavily on his voice over to make sense of what is happening, the relations between characters and how they relate to the literature that is represented in the science…

• Yeezus808s

★★★★★ Added by Yeezus808s

One of the best films of the 2000s.

• MOVIE POOP

★★★★ Watched by MOVIE POOP 18 Oct, 2016

zoo wee mama that is a nice film

• the_narrator

★★★★½ Watched by the_narrator 14 Oct, 2016

Given this film's reputation, I'll admit I was expecting something a bit more impenetrable than this ended up being. This is essentially several small In the Mood for Loves shuffled around and spliced together (albeit with more than a hint of 90s Wong Kar-wai kineticism added to the stateliness), with even the sci-fi angle being more emotionally direct than I was expecting. And just viewed as a collection of storylines, this is absolutely top-notch, with each one (but the Zhang…

• Emily Barton

★★★½ Watched by Emily Barton 30 Sep, 2016

i think i would have enjoyed it slightly more had i not been told it was a loose sequel to In The Mood For Love but i still love Wong Kar Wai's form and style and i love the humanness of the characters especially Bai Ling aka i would die for Bei Ling

• Agnes

★★½ Rewatched by Agnes 30 Sep, 2016

Second watch and my feelings haven't changed much, though I was able to make sense of the plot this time. I think I'm missing something here because while I've seen the film described as an expansion of the themes explored in Days of Being Wild and In the Mood for Love, it felt more like a complete retread to me, just presented more chaotically and with a sci-fi allegory. (Yet the film is somewhat impenetrable without having seen those two…

• Mithrenn

★★★★★ Added by Mithrenn

there is more than a little noir in this film. i think not so much intentionally, but inevitably.
    not violent, nasty noir to be sure; but more a noir sensibility arising from an atmosphere of
    nostalgia. certainly not noir is the bold, supple and sophisticated use of unexpectedly raucous
    color and texture. Wong Kar-Wai and Chris Doyle constantly work the aperture of the screen
    to effect sometimes intimacy, sometimes unguessed space. either way, it is tremendous art.
    the script shapes…

• Emilie Houssa

★★★★★ Watched by Emilie Houssa 22 Sep, 2016

2046, un train qui voyage dans le temps, des androïdes à émotions différées et la Traviatta pour cacher un japonais.

• Malcolm

★★★★½ Watched by Malcolm 19 Sep, 2016

It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late.

Wong Kar-Wai is a director with an ability to incorporate nuance in any situation and have the feel or tone completely change. Every shot is created in a way to evoke a particular range of emotions, and when we go back to the same setting, just one small change creates a whole new world of emotional response.

He has an extremely effective way of returning to a familiar…

• GrimsChild

Watched by GrimsChild 17 Sep, 2016 3

Wong Kar Wai's ouevre is the chinese equivalent of Nicolas Sparks films (also three decades of directing under his belt and he still doesn't know that undercranking insert shots is nearly never a good idea).