• Varghese Eapen

★★★★ Watched by Varghese Eapen 19 Jul, 2014

"Take care. Maybe one day you'll escape your past. If you do, look for me"

Wong Kar Wai does it again...this time he juxtaposes science fiction with the alluring 60's whilst using eye catching camerawork and melancholic background score...

Tony Leung shines as the cynical,devastatingly handsome looks and subtle yet powerful acting...Ziyi Zhang smolders with seduction...love you :-)

Although i am more inclined towards In The Mood for Love...this one's worth a watch...(tighter ending was needed to make this more memorable)

• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★½ Watched by Benjamin Devasir 29 Jun, 2014

The story of the one that got away, told in a million different ways, styles and narratives. I'm stunned by how beautiful it was. Wong Kar-Wai does it to me again.

• Alice Bishop

★★★★ Rewatched by Alice Bishop 26 Jun, 2014 2

2046 is another beautiful film from Wong Kar-wai. Its revisionism of In the Mood For Love sometimes feels a bit unwelcome, especially as it plays out like an unnecessary release of the sexual frustration of its predecessor. The music and cinematography are flawless but it will never top his masterpiece.

• Antonio Guzman

★★★★★ Watched by Antonio Guzman 25 Jun, 2014

Bittersweet, is the word that keeps coming to mind. The sweet, ecstatic love of In the Mood for Love has been replaced by the bitter aftertaste of regret. In 2046, Chow has become a broken shell of a man, incapable of overcoming his past, his one true love. He uses and abuses the women of his life -- ironically the occupants of the neighboring room 2046 of the hotel in which he lives -- whom he desperately wishes would fill the emotional space that Su Li-zhen still dominates, just as they fill the physical space that used to contain her.

Full review: lifewiththemovies.blogspot.com/2014/06/2046.html

• Jeffrey Overstreet

★★★★½ Added by Jeffrey Overstreet

Hard to believe this film's been around for a full decade. 2046 first screened in May 2004. Here's my post from 2005, when I finally had a chance to see it in America.

Excerpt:

Christopher Doyle's sumptuous cinematography savors the subtle grace of several fine actresses in a take-your-breath-away, "aren't-women-confoundingly-fantastic" kind of way. No film that this reviewer has ever seen captures the beauty of its actresses so artfully, with such spectacular style and light.

Few films have ever concentrated…

• Lobezno Estepario

★★ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 07 Oct, 2012

In the mood for sleep. Infumable, por lo menos si no has visto antes la que no sabía que era su precuela, "In the mood for love", que ya si eso me la guardo para cuando no pueda dormir.

• Garrison Fox

Watched by Garrison Fox 03 Jun, 2014 3

Everything that Wong is about culminates in his most conceptually ambitious project to date, 2046. The title refers to a metaphorical place of lost love and bittersweet memories. It may have been my drowsiness at the time, but the film itself felt like a memory; it felt like bathing in a warm, sad dream immersed in soothing strings, operatic vocals, and deep, dark colors; a dream wherein everyone speaks a different language but is never misunderstood; a place I, like…

• Gogo

★★★★ Watched by Gogo 03 Jun, 2014

2046 is yet another fantastic film by Wong Kar-wai. It details what happens after Chow Mo-wan's affair with Su Li-Zhen from In the Mood for Love again in 1960s Hong Kong but science fiction elements were thrown into the mix this time.

The plot was very loose, as most of his are, but this one had a very nice flow to it. None of the parts dragged or took away from the film's rhythm and pace; each scene that was…

• Kelly Magovern

★★★½ Watched by Kelly Magovern 31 May, 2014

This movie definitely continues in the same vein as the previous two movies, "Days Of Being Wild" and "In The Mood For Love." It has the same melancholic mood, same atmosphere, same themes, same types of relationships, same long, lingering shots, etc. This is not a knock on the movie at all, but just shows how it fits nicely with the other two films. I do think "2046" should be watched last though. I heard of some people watching "2046" without having seen "In The Mood For Love," and that seems crazy to me. Definitely see DOBW and ITMFL first.

• Lucas Barwenczik

★★★½ Watched by Lucas Barwenczik 27 May, 2014

Die Zukunft kann ein Ort sein, auch in der Zukunft ist der Mensch allein. In der losen Fortsetzung zu "In the Mood for Love" zeigt uns Wong Kar-Wai, warum Chow Mo-Wan einsam ist: Menschen sieht er wie Androiden an, er nimmt und gibt nie. Er liebt niemanden außer sich selbst.

In 2046 weichen Rock- und Popsongs Opernmusik. Die Zeit springt und verschwimmt, nur die Menschen bleiben gleich. Text und Subtext verfließen, eine Frau starrt 10.000 Jahre lang aus dem Fenster.…

• Michael Gannaway / Hucksta G

★★½ Watched by Michael Gannaway / Hucksta G 28 May, 2014

On the verge of being interesting, but never really got there for me. Visuals were excellent, though.

• Warren

★★★★½ Watched by Warren 26 May, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.