• Eleonora Aiello

★★★★½ Added by Eleonora Aiello

"Maybe one day you'll escape your past".
    Another stunning romance by Wong Kar-wai. Passion put into visual language.

• Faure

★★★★½ Rewatched by Faure 16 Nov, 2015

Me parece una absoluta maravilla. Y, pese a ello, creo que no tiene nada que hacer frente a la redondez formal y narrativa de «In the Mood for Love».

Un detalle que no recordaba de mi anterior visionado de «2046»: El tiempo transcurrido entre las elipsis se explicita mediante intertítulos.

Un detalle que encontré en el último revisionado de «In the Mood for Love»: La duración de las elipsis se sugiere mediante elementos como, por ejemplo, los alimentos que se…

• NateRad

★★★★ Watched by NateRad 14 Nov, 2015

Film #16 of the 2015 Scavenger Hunt #8
    Task #18 A film with a number in it's title

Wong Kar-Wai's romantic epic. I'm not sure what's more beautiful, the rich cinematography or the mesmerizing monologues. This is a film that I can really get lost in it's beauty. Elegant, Sophisticated, Sentimental. Possibly his most visually striking film. Way better than In the Mood for Love

• trolleyfreak

★★★★½ Added by trolleyfreak

This loose sequel to In The Mood For Love is one of the most visually beautiful films I've ever seen.

Set in the late '60's it follows the life of the character Chow Mo-wan, a few years after the events of the earlier film; he's now living in a cheap hotel earning a living as a pulp fiction writer and leading a playboy lifestyle, refusing commitment to any one woman.

Great performances, too, particularly from the beautiful Zhang Ziyi..

• EnteredTheVoid

★★★ Watched by EnteredTheVoid 01 Nov, 2015

Filmed marvelously but I just didn't get into int the way I have with other works from Kar-wai Wong. Not a terrible film at all, anything with Tony Leung in it is worth seeing.

• Ryan Fischer

★★★★ Added by Ryan Fischer

The parts are better than the whole.

• angelcabo

Watched by angelcabo 07 Jan, 2014

He also comments that 2046 is a place where nothing ever changes, establishing it as another iconic site outside of contemporary Hong Kong (the equivalent of California, the Iguaçu Falls and Angkor Wat in the other films)

• Julian Philip Nevill

★★★★ Watched by Julian Philip Nevill 26 Oct, 2015

Ziyi Zhang is so damn good in this.

• Peter Floyd

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Floyd 05 Oct, 2015

"Memories are traces of tears."

• Matthew Boulton

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Boulton 02 Oct, 2015

"Why do you write all that stuff abut sex?"
    "So I don't starve."

• Randall West

★★★★ Watched by Randall West 24 Sep, 2015

On a first viewing the sci-fi aspects were too vague for me to fully appreciate, so I'm still not sure if I think they're useless diversions or interesting diversions. I saw the parallelism, but I'm not sure how much they add to the experience apart from a little flavor. The timeline alterations between vague and precise also tripped me up - as it is supposed to - and while I had it mostly straight by the end, it's the kind…

• Connor Denney

★★★★★ Watched by Connor Denney 11 Sep, 2015

Film #8 in My Wong Kar-wai Series

With 2046, Wong Kar-wai continues the two separate stories composed in Days of Being Wild and In the Mood for Love in a very interesting manner, self-referentially playing with the fact that he used Tony Leung Chiu-wai in both films. This moves smacks of Tropical Malady, another one of the best films of 2004, in its reminder to the audience that the world of the diegesis and the world around those who view…