• LittleMissDuck23

★★★ Watched by LittleMissDuck23 04 Feb, 2016

I liked it but I believe It lacked that melancholic romanticism that so sweetly characterized "In the Mood for Love".
    I was so charmed and enchanted with Tony Leung's character, and now he is portrayed as a womanizer that lost his chance at true love.
    I guess my expectations were too high.

• Rob Hill

★★★½ Watched by Rob Hill 01 Feb, 2016

I could well like this more with a rewatch but for now it was a little disappointing.

• yoelnoreally

★★★½ Watched by yoelnoreally 28 Jan, 2016

Pales in comparison to 'In The Mood For Love' but still nice. Not that into the sci-fi 2046-land sequences.

• Tommy

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tommy 24 Jan, 2016

Man, I wish I hadn't seen this before I saw In The Mood for Love.

• MundoF

★★★★½ Watched by MundoF 17 Mar, 2008

Cannes Film Festival: Competition

Valladolid International Film Festival: Competition
    Best Director of Photography
    FIPRESCI Prize

David di Donatello Awards - Nomination:
    Best Foreign Film (Miglior Film Straniero)

Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards
    Best Production Design

New York Film Critics Circle Awards
    Best Cinematographer
    Best Foreign Language Film - China/France/Germany/Hong Kong

• R Stefaniuk

★★★★ Watched by R Stefaniuk 04 Jan, 2016

somehow achieves the feat of being elusive, ephemeral, and extremely resonant at the same time

• marta

★★★★½ Watched by marta 04 Jan, 2016

sexuality: wong kar-wai's taxicab sequences.

• Lee Aplin

★★½ Watched by Lee Aplin 19 Dec, 2015

I'm a big fan of Wong Kar Wei and In the Mood for Love is one of my favourite films so I really wanted to love 2046. As usual this film looks stunning, the guy just knows how to light a shot and if nothing else, I was totally drawn into the film by the look of it.

Sadly my admiration for it ends there, because it's boring. In every other Wong Kar Wei film I've seen I've ended up…

• Chuy Lugo

★★★ Watched by Chuy Lugo 16 Dec, 2015

I wanna slap Tony Leung so bad

• pstead

★★★½ Watched by pstead 06 Dec, 2015

Every shot is a work of art.

The Director's use of colour and lighting is just beautiful. A palette of deep greens and crimson reds are used throughout, along with textured framing which places the user as a voyeur looking through lush curtains, wooden hatches and peeking over mahogany lines.

I came to this via the Director's earlier classic work, 'In the mood for love'. The theme of unrequited and unfulfilled love is continued here, and the viewer is enticed…

• Jeremy Leung

★★★ Watched by Jeremy Leung 03 Dec, 2015

"Why couldn't it be like before?"

• Amy

★★★★½ Watched by Amy 26 Nov, 2015

My Wong Kar-Wai Thanksgiving Movie of 2015. Thankful for Tony Leung, as always.