• Matt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt 06 Oct, 2015

When I first watched this film at a young age, it scared the shit out of me. The sequence of Jim waking up in a hospital and roaming the deserted streets of London all alone including his first encounter with the zombies in the church terrified me.

Danny Boyle's take on a zombie film is brilliant, innovative and one of my favorite horror films ever made. This time they are infecting with rage, that turns them crazy and killing everything…

• loureviews

★★★½ Rewatched by loureviews 03 Oct, 2015 2

The zombie genre is still very current, and my most recent exposure to this was in the superior TV series 'In The Flesh' which showed on BBC3, and showed how a rehabilitated 'undead' teenager integrated back into society.

'28 Days Later' has Cillian Murphy waking up on a hospital bed, with close-ups of his luscious eyelashes and a bit of gratuitous full-frontal nudity before he wanders through a London which is clearly deserted after some kind of apocalypse, in which…

• PsychoSavager

★★½ Added by PsychoSavager

I like most of Boyle's movies. This one just didn't quite do it for me. It's effectively a zombie movie, and it doesn't really stand out from the others.

• JulieC

★★★★½ Rewatched by JulieC 01 Oct, 2015

Jim: No, no. No, see, this is a really shit idea. You know why? Because it's really obviously a shit idea.

• Merriweather

★★★★★ Added by Merriweather

28 Days Later... isn't w good movie, it's near flawless.

• forkerball

★★★★ Rewatched by forkerball 27 Sep, 2015

A very simple film A virus has fucked up the world leaving The Scarecrow, otherwise known as Cillian Murphy alone until he finds other people, these other people travel to where other people are (soldiers, led by Doctor Who), all the while trying to avoid the infected who are superfast Zombie things, only to find the place that is supposed to be safe isn’t, it’s actually worse than the streets (That’s Soldiers with big guns for you). It just even in the shittest situation possible people are still dicks.

• tylerstevens

★★★★★ Watched by tylerstevens 27 Sep, 2015

What a kinetic masterpiece.

• Carson Hearne

★★★½ Added by Carson Hearne

One of the best, if not the best zombie movie of the 00's. Suspenseful until the very last second, this movie will keep you on the edge of your seat hoping that every character makes it out alive.

• Abdullah Muhana

Watched by Abdullah Muhana 25 Sep, 2015

I didn't saw anything horror

• HouseHaze

★½ Watched by HouseHaze 24 Sep, 2015

How the hell did the director of Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionare become so insane that he produced this piece of shit?! The score is one of the worst I've ever heard and there's nothing special about 28 Days Later... Extremely cheesy, cliche, and worthless are the best words to sum up the worst zombie film I've ever seen. This isn't cinema nor a film or movie, this was a shit flick not even mentioning over than in this review.

• Ian Flick

★★★½ Watched by Ian Flick 23 Sep, 2015

Hoop-tober 2.0 - Film 5/36

The strangest/most interesting part of this film is not it's use of zombie tropes or using heist movie elements but really that it came from Danny Boyle at all. For a man who's movies usually have an incredibly humanistic quality to them (even at their darkest and most sleazy) this film comes across quite nihilistic, at least to me. People die left and right. People are sacrificed; and although the cliche that is presented at…

• Alex Faulkner

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Faulkner 22 Sep, 2015

Still one of the most refreshing takes on the zombie genre that had me catching the first 15mins as a cute little 10 year old, only to come dashing upstairs in terror at the sight of the scariest zombies I'd ever seen.

28 Days Later hits all the notes of intense horror and dread with great performances throughout including some sneaky,subtle social commentary on society as well as being another solid zombie film reminder to never trust the military....

"I promised them women..." *shudders*