• Philipwoolridge

★★★★ Rewatched by Philipwoolridge 24 Feb, 2015

28 days later has a really nice story arc and good pacing. The only thing I didn't like about it at first, was the cheap DV look but Danny Boyle chose to use that instead of film to bring the audience further into the film, as if from the perspective of survivors. That and the fact that DV just looks gritty makes it work well.

• Jez Meyer

★★★★ Added by Jez Meyer

A few bum casting choices (Megan Burns, I'm looking at you) hold back what could otherwise have been a nearly flawless picture of its type. Deliberately filmed with handheld digicams, Boyle's harrowing examination of anger is taut and visceral, with a climactic final third that many seem keen to dismiss as a needless escalation of violence when in fact Jim's transformation holds the key to the entire film.

• Dan Allen

★★★★½ Watched by Dan Allen 23 Feb, 2015

Genuinely terrifying.

• Savnoc

★★★½ Added by Savnoc

Sort of the typical zombie movie, although they do show how it all started (unlike some similar films). The zombies aren't the slow flesh-eating hordes of undead either; 28 Days Later is responsible for fast and relatively competent non-undead hunters. In this sense, it's not exactly a zombie movie, as the zombies are basically just humans infected with a pathogen (passed on through saliva or blood) to be mindless rage-beasts. The virus changes them psychologically rather than physically, but 28…

• Ben Bates

★★★★½ Watched by Ben Bates 25 Jan, 2015

A zombie masterpiece. Years later this film still ranks among not only one of the best zombie movies, but one of the best horror movies in general.

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

If this movie had been the first half only then it would be the greatest zombie flick without contest. As the second half becomes less about the rage and more about the human ethical collapse for me it loses the sense of dread. Still a great film however

• Matt Mustin

★★★½ Watched by Matt Mustin 16 Feb, 2015

Right, so it has to be said that this movie is BIZARRELY edited and just kind of all over the place. Still, it's effective enough. Cillian Murphy is a solid leading man and there's some great cinematography and fantastic sound design. Far from perfect, but good enough.

• Aleph Null

★★★★ Watched by Aleph Null 22 Jul, 2010

As I Was Moving Ahead Occasionally I Saw Brief Glimpses of Beauty: The Other Movie

• deadmanramsey

★★★½ Added by alibrarianslib

Solid zombie film.

• Guzco

★★★ Watched by Guzco 06 Feb, 2015

A more realistic zombie flick. This can be a good or bad thing depending on the viewer. It's decent though, I really like the way the zombies look and you can just tell that despite the low budget it is filmed quite well. sone good shocking and intense moments.