• n1kname

★★★½ Rewatched by n1kname 20 Oct, 2014

28 Days Later is a gritty zombie apocalypse movie, both in story but also in cinematography. The movie is filmed in the low quality DV cam, which adds to the realism and the depressing setting.
    After a 3rd watch I have to conclude that the drama is overdone and a bit annoying.
    Still, a great movie in this genre with beautiful and memorable opening scenes.

• Marika

★★★½ Watched by Marika 22 Oct, 2014

(October Vibes '14 List)

My main problem with any apocalyptic themed film has always been that human nature is not portrayed correctly. Where most films failed, 28 Days Later succeeded. Human nature will force us to be heartless and disgusting if a global disaster like a zombie apocalypse occurs. More people will die from being killed by one another, than the actual "virus". This film illustrates that when desperation and survival is mixed with disgusting human tendencies, something far worse…

• Gregory Sahadachny

★★★★ Rewatched by Gregory Sahadachny 22 Oct, 2014

Dark, murky, end of humanity...or is it?

• Arman K

★★★★ Watched by Arman K 22 Oct, 2014

HOOP-TOBER #7:

Halfway through this film I realized two things:
    1. I don't think I like Danny Boyle's style
    2. I really enjoy this movie

These contradictory feelings were put aside for the most part, for I genuinely believe that 28 Days Later is a solid zombie thriller that manages to be tense consistently throughout by the use of excellent filmmaking techniques. There is no doubt that Danny Boyle knows how to make a film, but something about the way…

• Luke Grima

★★★★ Watched by Luke Grima 22 Oct, 2014

‪#‎31NightsOfHorror‬ - DAY 22

• Roos Uyterlinde

★★★ Watched by Roos Uyterlinde 20 Oct, 2014 1

What starts out as a very poorly filmed movie with an 80's flavour, ends up being an epic story about zombies, violence and revenge.

• Chiddaling

★★★★ Watched by Chiddaling 19 Oct, 2014

Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later was frightening, chill-inducing, and terrifying. No zombie movie gives the feeling of despair and loneliness as well as this movie did. Cillian Murphy's performance in this movie was very captivating, along with the supporting cast. The soundtrack, was absolutely perfect, and the highlight of the movie. John Murphy and Danny Boyle are a great pair. The cinematography in the movie was also very well done and very aesthetically pleasing. The third act of the movie took an odd turn and slowed down a bit, but the ending was great. Overall, a great movie!

• DollarStoreFilm
  • Josh Liles

★★★★½ Watched by Josh Liles 19 Oct, 2014

Intimate, eery and unsettling, Danny Boyle's take on a genre that has been portrayed to death is magnificent in it simple nature. The shots of an emtpty Central London were incredible in their own right especially with the aesthetic of the canon XL1. Brilliant as well in its story of degraded human nature, performances were strong to create a beautifully interesting watch.

• AngryAssSloth

★★★½ Watched by AngryAssSloth 18 Oct, 2014

28 Days Later... is a movie about a man who wakes from a coma to find himself in what almost seems like a dream at first, nobody is in London, or so he thinks so. He soon comes to find out that it's rage zombies (idk what to call them). This rage infection comes from some monkeys in a lab somewhere. The zombies really aren't that important in this movie though. The focus seems to be mainly of the struggle…

• BeetleEye66

★★★★ Watched by BeetleEye66 19 Oct, 2014

i just liked the depiction of london. How strange to see my home city completely empty. A very british zombie movie as well.

• CinemaClown

★★★½ Watched by CinemaClown 18 Oct, 2014 11

Signifying the dawn of a new era of post-apocalyptic horror, Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later... is the biggest leap zombie horror has taken ever since George A. Romero established the sub-genre in 1968 with Night of the Living Dead. The film discards the now outdated concept of reanimated corpses & replaces it with a contemporary idea of a viral epidemic, thus changing the supernatural phenomenon into a psychological one.

The movie opens with a prologue that teases with the origin of…