• Matt Wooldridge

★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 26 Mar, 2004

Despite the tacky video footage, this was a good interpretation of a solid apocalyptic premise. Cillian Murphy was good, and it was great to see Brendan Gleeson and Christopher Eccleston in their supports. The music in areas was very good. But the zombie things not all that scary. I mean - why did they run after people only to...like, scratch at them and barf at them? To join their zombie club? No one ever tried to eat anyone or kill…

• SJHoneywell

★★★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

Zombie film or not,
    Perfectly paced horror film
    At top of genre.

1001plus.blogspot.com/2012/10/off-script-28-days-later.html

• lindianerjones

★★★★★ Added by lindianerjones

Unique zombielike apocalyptic horror film based in London. Contemplating the emotional state and survivial of a young man, woman, father, daughter and military group. Awesome and realistic - My personal fave in this genre.

• Gabirus

★★★★½ Rewatched by Gabirus 25 Jan, 2015

Zombies!?

• MysticSpoon

★★★★½ Rewatched by MysticSpoon 22 Jan, 2015

Without a shadow of a doubt the best zombie film ever made. Yes, it's better than any of Romero's films, better than The Return of the Living Dead, better than Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake and better than [REC]. It's not like the characters are practically surfing on the zombies one moment and for some strange nonsensical reason get captured another; these zombies are legitimately threatening and this outbreak is not a giant party. It's gritty, it's depressing, it's…

• Ben Lott

★★★ Watched by Ben Lott 12 Jan, 2015

Considering how much I despise horror movies and zombie movies in particular it's surprising to me that I got some genuine enjoyment out of 28 Days Later. What makes this movie so interesting is the fact that it is very character driven. While there is a post-apocalyptic zombie element it focuses very heavily on the main characters and how they will survive in the aftermath. It's an interesting journey, and they do a fairly good job of setting up all…

• Xelax666

★½ Watched by Xelax666 21 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

La peli es normalilla, menos la parte final con los militares violadores y la salida de pinza del prota digna de Evil Dead, y para tratarse de una peli "seria", lo considero un punto negativo.
    Los zombis no están nada mal hechos, me hacen gracia cuando balbucean, y corren como unos desgraciados.
    Lo mejor es el principio, con los monos esos que vomitan sangre y vuelven a la peña epilépticos caníbales. Luego sale la polla del prota comatoso para aliviar…

• Jason MD-P

★★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

Intense, fast-paced zombies-on-speed movie. Makes you wonder- who are the real monsters?

• Michael Ewins

★½ Watched by Michael Ewins 18 Jan, 2015

A marvel of shot-stealing location work, and probably the most prognostic end-of-days ever filmed, but Boyle's fear-mongering really puts my back up, his and Dod Mantle's visual strategy (especially for geographic orientation in action) is horrendous, and I can't fathom for the life of me why this tries to turn into a gang-rape / revenge movie in the final stretch. A fascinating document of 'then', though, from all angles.

• D.A. Zapata

★★★★ Added by D.A. Zapata

This indie, art-house zombie film (or as zombie-fanatics will specify, “infection film”) is as iconic as modern zombie films get. Sure, we had our share with World War Z and Warm Bodies this year, but honest and spine-chilling zombie horror hasn’t been as tormenting as Danny Boyle’s 28 Days Later, filmed over a decade ago. Plot: A man awakens in a deserted hospital only to find Earth in an apocalyptic state, with a virus that is rapidly spreading and turning people into violent, cannibalistic beings. Zombie horror rarely gets as good as 28 Days Later, and don’t forget its fantastic sequel, 28 Weeks Later.

• Sabrina Hernandez

★★★★ Rewatched by Sabrina Hernandez 12 Jan, 2015

Fuckin rage, man.

• SafeDriver

★★★½ Rewatched by SafeDriver 11 Jan, 2015

I’d make it like 5 minutes in this world, wouldn’t be eaten by zombies I’d be eaten by a rage squirrel or something equally stupid.