• Aaron King

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron King 13 Sep, 2014

No matter how many times I watch this film, it still holds up and I never get tired of it. This film shows humanity at its best and worst. What would any of us be like during an infection of this type? I think we all hope that we would be like Jim but we don't know until we are tested like this. I think the military people in this film at the end are the worst scum possible in…

• landskip

★★★½ Watched by landskip 03 Sep, 2014

At Sarah's recommendation. Very well made movie, with fine urgency, searing despair, excellent modulation of mood. Boyle's cameraman is exceptional, often shooting a scene in an unexpected fashion, embracing grit, looking for textures everywhere.

The tension between Jim & Serena is terrific, and all of the supporting actors are very good.

• Mandalorian

★★★★ Added by Mandalorian

I was looking for Alien, but the Target I went to didn't have it, and I didn't feel like going to Best Buy, so I settled for this highly praised Horror movie. And while 28 Days Later was nowhere near as scary as it was made out to be, I still have to admit that is was a very good experience. While I was watching I caught myself complaining about the grainy look and weak music, but that is an…

• Jason MD-P

★★★★ Rewatched by Jason MD-P 29 Aug, 2014

Still the best zombie film since NOTLD. I forgot how many quiet moments there were in the film since I first saw it and how little screen time the zombies actually have relative to the film's length. Underscores how in an apocalypse, other people are what we have to fear the most.

• Saddiex

★★★★ Added by Saddiex

Consta de un guión brillante y de varias secuencias que recogen momentos mágicos ( el deambular solo por la ciudad escuchando únicamente tu propia voz ) otros más trágicos, como la muerte accidental de un ser querido; y otros en los que se refleja claramente la crueldad humana. Sin embargo no se trata solamente del típico filme de un apocalipsis zombie que sólo llama la atención por sus efectos especiales. Conforme avanza la película se va haciendo más énfasis en…

• Charlie Derry

★★★★ Rewatched by Charlie Derry 14 Aug, 2014

A zombie apocalypse at its best. Boyle handles the genre perfectly, creating a tense, thrilling, and gorey horror.

• @tseeornottsee

Rewatched by @tseeornottsee 28 Aug, 2014

Re-watch: top marks for the production design, less so for the weaker final third.

• Gnske

★★★ Added by Gnske

It's alright, but a B movie in essence with it's cheap production values.

• David Bonesteel

★★★ Added by David Bonesteel 5

A virus that causes its victims to fly into a murderous rage is released in London. The country is devastated and a small band of uninfected survivors is left to struggle for their lives. This film is most effective early on, but problems with the story swiftly accumulate to rob it of its power. The cast is very good and scenes of star Cillan Murphy wandering through a deserted London and piecing together the truth from available evidence are very…

• Vanessa

★★★★½ Rewatched by Vanessa 22 Aug, 2014 1

Full frontal!

• rewatchvalue

★★★ Rewatched by rewatchvalue 15 Aug, 2014

I think that it would be appropriate to call this a 'horror-drama'. 28 Days Later focuses on the human survival aspect of the zombie apocalypse using the occasional chase scene for thrills.
    It was a refreshing experience but if you're looking for scares, this is not the film for that.

• Sophia Yazbeck

★★★½ Watched by Sophia Yazbeck 14 Aug, 2014

"what d'you fakin want a sweetie?! keep shooting ya cunt"