• Sam Shepherd

★★★★½ Watched by Sam Shepherd 26 Nov, 2015

Part 1/3 of my Cancer Movie Marathon

This film balanced humour and sentiment better than anything I've watched in the past six months. I laud Will Reiser for the screenplay, Joseph-Gordon Levitt for the understated leading performance, and Anna Kendrick and Seth Rogen's characters for composing an endearing, funny, and evocative supporting cast.

• leonardobars

★★★★ Added by leonardobars

Maybe some people will say that 50/50 is shallow, and I agree. But the great mix between gasps and laughts make this movie the best in Jonathan Levines career.

• Bryan Reeves

Techs 14/20
    Entertainment 19/20

• Julius Grušas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Julius Grušas 13 Nov, 2015

This movie is pure masterpiece of our time. This film is one of the most funny, most dramatic, most human movies ever made. There's no word to put how good this film is. Direction by Jonathan Levine was great the movie was moving and beautiful. The writing by Will Reiser was really human and sweet. Performance by Joseph Gordon-Levitt was oscar worthy it was one of the greatest performances of all time he was magnificent in this role truly amazing…

• Wayne

★★★★ Rewatched by Wayne 13 Nov, 2015

With a great lead performance from Joseph Gordon-Levitt, solid direction from Jonathan Levine, and a great script, "50/50" is a touching, sad, and heartfelt film about cancer, love, and friendship.

• Rory M

★★★½ Rewatched by Rory M 11 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

50/50, while a largely enjoyable movie, has always been a little too neat in my eyes. For a movie that deals with such a life shattering, and frustratingly often life ruining, illness there's never really a sense of gravity to the film.

JGL's character is clearly to going to pull through right from the start, and one scene aside he seems to take cancer in his stride. In fact the film is more about how shitty his girlfriend is than how horrible cancer is.

It's still funny and very likeable but it lacks weight and feels a little trivial at times.

• Martin De Martin

★★★ Watched by Martin De Martin 08 Nov, 2015 1

Piacevole "dramedy" sul cancro coi soliti toni da Sundance, atmosfera intimista da cinema indipendente e così via. Alla fine, pur senza dire nulla di nuovo, il film riesce a coinvolgere e in un paio di sequenze quasi ci si commuove sul serio, grazie soprattutto a un casting azzeccato e affiatatissimo. Tutti molto bravi, tutto molto bello, soprattutto se si considera la pesantezza dell'argomento trattato.

• ts12398

★★★★½ Rewatched by ts12398 08 Nov, 2015

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Alex_Ivany

★★★★½ Added by Alex_Ivany

A- 90

• Luke Evans

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Evans 02 Nov, 2015

This movie is so good. The acting is fantastic because of how tactful it is. JGL's character arc comes to a beautiful crescendo in the last couple scenes because of that the film packs a hell of a punch. It's also hilarious. Everything about it is good.

• Erin