• Aracno

★★★½ Watched by Aracno 13 Apr, 2014

Smart, charming, funny, touching, just a great film.

• Jen Weston

★★★½ Watched by Jen Weston 12 Apr, 2014

Not really sure what I made of this one. Funny in places, covers some pertinant points about chemotherapy, cancer treatment and dealing with the prospect of death at a young age.

• moviefreak666

★★★★ Rewatched by moviefreak666 30 Jan, 2012

50/50 is a great piece of film dealing with a universal topic known as cancer. It's based on screenwriter Will Reiser's own personal experience with cancer. Joseph Gordon Levitt (one of my favorite actors) plays Adam, he lives a good decent life working at at a Seattle public radio station and has a mundane girlfriend named Racheal (played by the beautiful Bryce Dallas Howard) But Adam's decent life comes tumbling down when he learns he has spine cancer. And that's…

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★ Added by Keith LaFountaine

Joseph Gordon-Levitt bring an undeniable charm to the film, but the questionable pacing and low quality writing leaves a lot to be desired.

• irene_at

★★★½ Watched by irene_at 05 Apr, 2014 2

Συγκινητικο απλο και περιεκτικο.
    Μου μιλησε και λιγο για τις σχεσεις με τους γυρω μας και οχι μονο για την αρρωστια αλλά ισως ημουν in the mood να ακουσω σημερα.
    Τελος, ο αγαπημενος με τα αγαπημενα ματια δεν μ'απογοητευσε ουτε εδω.
    6.5/10

• Nate

★★★★★ Watched by Nate 03 Apr, 2014

One of the most perfect comedies I have ever seen. Poignant and incredibly funny, very lifelike and real. I could watch this again and again.

• Jon Holmes

★★★★ Watched by Jon Holmes 30 Mar, 2014

There's at least 50 reasons why this movie is worth watching, but here's 10 for now.

1. Skeletor is a great name for a dog.
    2. Just that haircut goes a long way to turning Angelica Huston into an overbearing mother: "I smothered him because I loved him."
    3. Adam's co-workers at his 'leaving party' are so accurately awkward.
    4. The moment Kyle takes a spy photo of Adam's unfaithful girlfriend Rachael kissing 'Jesus'.
    4. "No one wants to fuck…

• Hollie Horror

Watched by Hollie Horror 30 Mar, 2014 4

50/50 is a contrived film with a cast of unsympathetic characters and enough cliche to induce vomiting.

Seth Rogen goes on a misogynistic warpath and we are merely along for the ride, expected to find his offensiveness hilarious and cute because, you know....cancer!

A pedestrian film with just the "right" music to accompany the predictable emotional cues which leave the audience ripe for manipulation.

The most complex and unpredictable character was Skeletor...the retired pound-dog. I'll give him a star, he can share it with Anjelica Huston.

• The Spork Guy

★★★½ Rewatched by The Spork Guy 29 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Guy Fawkes

★★★½ Watched by Guy Fawkes 25 Mar, 2014 1

I found that this movie feels almost like a much darker version of Knocked Up, Seth Rogen seems to be playing the same character as in that film.

Unlike Knocked Up this film's jokes are much less frequent and the pacing isn't quite as perfect. The movie pours the drama in very thick in the last 30-40 minutes or so which is a bit heavy compared to most of the film which comes off as a much more straightforward romantic…

• Ross Miller

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ross Miller 23 Mar, 2014

Funny and moving in equal measure.

• Morgan Randall

Watched by Morgan Randall 23 Mar, 2014

Congratulations to Will Reiser, but this is a bad movie.