• The Brady Critic

★★★★★ Watched by The Brady Critic 28 Nov, 2014

I never thought a film like 50/50 that has drama mix with comedy, all about cancer, could be a fantastically well done comedy with a little touch of drama that's been handle so well in this film, because 50/50 is one of the best movies of 2011.

The story to 50/50 is about a young man is diagnosed with a rare form of spinal cancer and decides to fight for his life with the help his friend, mother and a…

• Judy

★★★★½ Added by Judy

greatness

• Connor Ryan

★★★★ Watched by Connor Ryan 17 Nov, 2014

8.5

• Tom Bannatyne

★★★ Watched by Tom Bannatyne 02 Oct, 2014

'You can't change your situation. The only thing that you can change is how you choose to deal with it.'

Like many films which deal with disease and loss, 50/50 treads around its subject with a strangely enticing blend of sentiment and cautious humour. It is anchored by a strong performance, and branches out further than what we might expect. Yet however touching and funny 50/50 is, it is a little too safe and predictable, and lacks a certain spark…

• Kat Moir

★★★★ Watched by Kat Moir 12 Nov, 2014 1

In my life I've been exceptionally lucky - I've never had anything to do with cancer. I've been around plenty of death, especially in the last year - yet the disease that affects 1 in 3 of us has never been part of my life.

I've been exceptionally lucky, and I don't take this for granted.

Sure, I've seen movies about cancer before. My Sister's Keeper was a ridiculous and unrealistic face-palm worthy film. The Bucket List was pretty good,…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 07 Jan, 2012

This film's remarkable achievement is that it makes terminal cancer a premise for comedy, but it does it so well, funnily, and yes, very poignantly. Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the 27 year old diagnosed with a rare form of aggressive cancer provides an affecting performance, and his on screen chemistry with Seth Rogen, who plays his raunchy best friend, is a thing of beauty. Huston, as his mother, is also a stand-out. Smart human drama expertly mixed with comedy comes with a hearty recommendation.

• Joe Tinker

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Tinker 09 Nov, 2014

Even on my 4th watch of this film, it's still amazing. The perfect mix of humour, sensitivity, crude and emotion.

Oh, and Anna Kendrick.

• Cole Schneider

★★★½ Watched by Cole Schneider 04 Nov, 2014

Mostly a deft combination of humor and pathos, with a great performance from Jo-Go.

• marguuuhret

★★★★★ Added by marguuuhret

I started crying when his girlfriend left her and didn't stop until the end of the movie.

• Ross Whyte

★★★★ Watched by Ross Whyte 26 Oct, 2014

I'd heard time and time again from everyone that this film was an excellent blend of comedy and real sadness, and that it handled both very well, refusing to believe the two cannot go hand in hand.

Everyone was right.

• Clay_Davis

★★★★★ Added by Clay_Davis

A comedy about cancer. I suppose 'dramedy' would be a better, if less amusing, description. It's great sense of humor is outmatched only by it's sense of fear and optimism about something dark that has attacked many and threatens all.

• Bennett Malcolmson

Rewatched by Bennett Malcolmson 25 Oct, 2014

This kind of movie is comfort food. It's emotionally engaging, funny, and features a cast of actors that I really like. There's not much wrong with a movie like this and that's what makes it perfect for a nice night in.