• Matt Greene

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Greene 19 Mar, 2015

Adam, the newly diagnosed cancer victim at the center of this film, despite our knowledge to the contrary, keeps saying, “I’m fine”. While maybe not all of us will get cancer or another fatal disease, this is still a strong reminder that, although none of us are ever fully “okay”, to live in that bitter truth is to not live at all. That honesty that permeates every cell of this movie is what helps make this sweet-and-sour drama more about life than death. Funny, emotional, and extremely personal filmmaking.

• cantius

★★★★ Added by cantius

A surprisingly great movie that showcases drama and storytelling. Good stuff.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★ Added by Jamie Rogers

Funny, heartfelt, and touching. Rogen, Gordon-Levitt, and the rest of the cast turn in great performances.

• Gessyca Lago

★★★½ Watched by Gessyca Lago 21 Mar, 2015

Gostei, mas é inofensivo.

- Detesto a personagem da namorada, ela não tem profundidade alguma, soa quase como uma vilã caricata.

• David Gutierrez

★★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

50/50 leaves a strange sensation, as it's a movie that plays weird: the first half is a very good comedy and the second one a very good drama, but in the middle, the movie struggles to be either one or the other, failing to achieve brilliance in either genre, and is confusing for a little while.

• Birdman

★★★★ Watched by Birdman 19 Mar, 2015

8/10

• Ali

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ali 14 Mar, 2015

This is my review of the audio commentary. I really liked it when Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg said jokes. I look like Voldemort.

• Keith Hannaford

Watched by Keith Hannaford 08 Mar, 2015

A simple, but warm and human film about lived mortality. Levitt plays his character impeccably, and it helps that he's written so sympathetically. The plot is paced perfectly and feels wholly organic. The film takes no risks, but that's fine for pure watch-ability alone.

• CinemaConnection1

★★★★½ Rewatched by CinemaConnection1 08 Mar, 2015

"Why am I the bad guy?"

"Because you're his girlfriend, you cheated on him and he has fucking cancer you lunatic!"

A few predictable plot contrivances and a couple one-dimensional characters aside, the movie is so sincere and funny that I love it every time I see it. A great script by Will Reiser, and fantastic performances by Gordon-Levitt, Rogen, Kendrick and a very understated Anjelica Huston. It also blends extremely raunchy humor and melancholy in a way I've never seen, at least done this well.

Really a gem.

• Jack Gaffney

★★★★ Watched by Jack Gaffney 07 Mar, 2015 9

I just love how subtle 50/50 is. It could've been an emotionally manipulating film, but under excellent execution, the film earns its tearjerking moments truthfully. It's not presented in an over sentimental fashion, and while we do get some sentimental and heartwarming moments, we also get exposed to hilarious moments as well.

50/50 really puts a playful narrative twist of someone being diagnosed with cancer and having to live with it. Even Seth Rogen's character messes around with this aspect…

• Santimg94

★★★★ Rewatched by Santimg94 07 Mar, 2015

• JoseIgnacioWert

★★★½ Watched by JoseIgnacioWert 16 May, 2014

Sorprendente apuesta, más dentro que fuera del “establishment” hollywoodiense, por una película de cierta hondura sobre la vida cotidiana ante la enfermedad. Aunque no renuncie a algún brochazo de la nueva comedia “caca culo pedo pis” estadounidense, es un filme valientemente escrito y realizado.

Una propuesta así necesita que sus actores se echaran el peso sobre los hombros. Gordon-Levitt está sublime, pero magníficamente secundado. Sobre todo por Anna Kendrick, como inexperta tereapeuta y por una excelsa Anjelica Huston en el…