• Brett Hatten

★★★★ Added by Brett Hatten

Loved it!

• msmere

Added by msmere

I thought therapists couldn't date their patients?

• msmere

Added by msmere

Pretty good.

• jgmolina

★★★★ Added by jgmolina

In a word, superb. Far from what I expected and that's good. Instead of the customary hotheaded crudeness, you'll get a touching dramedy flourished with dashes of humor and a suitable honesty from all involved. Levitt's Adam moves you to tears, frustration then laughter.

• Sam Blackburn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Blackburn 16 May, 2015

A movie that got completely snubbed from the Oscars. Joseph Gordan Levitt definitely gave an Oscar worthy performance. While I have never known anyone who has or had cancer I can tell that Johnathan Levine got the research right and managed to blend comedy in without it being forced.

• cblaze

★★★★ Rewatched by cblaze 15 May, 2015

Film #15 of the "Scavenger Hunt #2" Challenge

letterboxd.com/cblaze/list/scavenger-hunt-2/

Task #25. A featuring a disease

Why does this film qualify? This film is about a young man struggling with cancer

This was one of my favorite films from 2011 - I think this film does a pretty good job of handling the heavy aspects without really drowning in it and making it a heavy drama.

Watching it again today my impressions are - Seth Rogen is a bit much at…

• Simon Todd Taylor

★★★★½ Rewatched by Simon Todd Taylor 14 May, 2015

BLU RAY REVIEWS #2

Whoa. I kind of forgot how much I love this movie. Levine displays so much tonal control, even though the film's mood shifts many times. I don't know if I've seen a movie so depressing yet so euphoric.
    This is Joseph Gordon-Levitt's best performance by a country mile. He's so believable as a guy stricken with cancer when he least expects it. He gives what is likely the best performance of 2011. Anna Kendrick is amazing…

• zatmika

★★★★ Watched by zatmika 13 May, 2015

Smart, because i find alot of good things in this little story and nice personification of the 'problem' to make this love-life-sad-happy-story feel warm and still on the track and seth rogen give a little shade to feel more actual real time dude drama.

• habity

★★★★★ Watched by habity 10 May, 2015

Excelent movie. I confess that I laughed and cried. This movie had made me feel an bad time of my life. years before. To me this movie is perfect: plot, narrative soundtrack , romance. everything amazing. i'll give 5 stars. Just because this movie makes me cry.

• Niva

★★½ Watched by Niva 08 May, 2015 2

50% de chance de sobreviver ao filme

• sadradish

★★★★ Watched by sadradish 03 May, 2015

It was a pretty good movie with a few laughs and a few moments that really brought the tone of the movie down. I really enjoyed the characters in it, and while its not an insanely creative story it was enjoyable and kept my attention the whole time. The script and acting are very well done and it's certainly a movie I would see again. The emotions never seem forced.
    I wouldn't call this movie a comedy, though there are comedic moments. The tone of the movie is much sadder and lighthearted than a typical comedy.

• Michael Raine

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Raine 26 Apr, 2015

A story about the ever humbling fact that we are creatures at the mercy of mortality. Hits every note it needs to, and never succumbs to expected schmaltzy instincts. Love this film.