• Francisco Sanchez Jr

★★★½ Watched by Francisco Sanchez Jr 09 Sep, 2014

My sign is cancer, this movie is about cancer, this movie is a buddy comedy, this movie is a Dramedy?

Hmm..

I normally don't enjoy Seth Rogan much in films but here he has a certain charm. A charm that does not automatically assume that he is any different than he is in any other movie I have seen him in but still charming. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is quite good as the spinal cancer driven main character. His performance while not…

• Fish

★★★½ Rewatched by Fish 10 Sep, 2014

This is a film that is quite close to my heart. I had to go through a similar situation with one of my friends, and he and I both love this film.

Although '50/50' is not a classic, it is a heart warming tale of triumph over despair. Both Levitt and Rogen are spot on in there roles, and are very believable with expressing emotions and actions.

thoroughly enjoyable and equally as emotive and evocative.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 08 Jan, 2012

Although it tells an apparently simple and predictable story, 50/50 is a marvelously made film where great writing and acting overcome everything else. It was made with honesty and with respect towards its characters and subject matter. It was also bolstered by a fantastic cast that included Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick, and Anjelica Huston.

This is a movie that deals in a very believable and human way with friendship, hope, love, and the willing to live. The performances…

• Sean Summ

★★★★ Watched by Sean Summ 14 Sep, 2014

Adam (after shaving his head): Why didn't we go to a barber?
    Kyle: That would have been a good idea if we paid someone to do it.
    Adam: Using your fucking balls trimmer instead of going to the barber.
    Kyle: I never washed them, ever. It's not my balls, it's my asshole. I'm joking.
    Adam: You're not joking.
    Kyle: I'm not joking.

This could have gone so wrong. The subject matter could have been used to exploit and emotionally manipulate.…

• John Connor

★★★½ Watched by John Connor 12 Mar, 2012

This shaggy, amiable little movie doesn't really aspire to any great heights, but it climbs every mountain it sets its sights on. Some plot strands work better than others (Kendrick's nervous young therapist is a highlight), and it never really draws all the strands together, but a charming cast and a consistent dose of laughs help it skate over the weak spots.

• Joselyn Gonzalez

★★★½ Rewatched by Joselyn Gonzalez 07 Sep, 2014

Segunda vez que la veo. Amor a Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

• bdavis

★★★½ Watched by bdavis 11 Sep, 2014

"See, but... that's bullshit. That's what everyone has been telling me since the beginning. "Oh, you're gonna be okay," and "Oh, everything's fine," and like, it's not... It makes it worse... that no one will just come out and say it. Like, "hey man, you're gonna die."

• Dirk van Eck

★★★ Watched by Dirk van Eck 09 Sep, 2014 3

Fifty percent Seth Rogen comedy and fifty percent cancer drama. It doesn’t get much more conventional than that and fortunately the picture doesn’t try to hide this fact. If you’re hoping Joseph Gorden-Levitt, his best buddy or his cute ‘it’s complicated’-girlfriend(s) will provide an ingenious twist, forget it. If you’re hoping to have a bit of sad and a bit of a good time with some easy-to-chew amusement, then make sure to stick around! This is namely one of the…

• JaySalahi

★★★½ Watched by JaySalahi 20 Sep, 2012

B (84)

• Elias Elias

★★★★ Watched by Elias Elias 07 Sep, 2014

Never an easy subject, but having my family been touched really close with this decease, it was an emotional ride to watch this movie...

It is a different approach the mix of comedy and drama, but this movie manage to do it in a very subtle way that I ended up loving all the characters.

• Garrett Irwin

★★★½ Added by Garrett Irwin

A tricky mesh-up of serious drama and improvised crude comedy, but the team of Seth Rogen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Will Reiser and Jonathan Levine help keep things going smoothly. It's very relieving to see that this movie has a good heart about its crushing topic.

• karl97