• honorsphysics

★★½ Watched by honorsphysics 24 Jan, 2015

Objectionable objectification and some gender bullshit (plus some lame posturing), but knew how to push the buttons well and had a decent amount of heart.

• TheBartXart

★★★★½ Rewatched by TheBartXart 23 Jan, 2015

Deze film is zo goed. Het zet zo goed neer hoe de mensen om je heen reageren als je een enge ziekte hebt. Iedereen om je heen heeft het zo slecht en is zo zielig.. Omdat jij ziek bent.. Een van de weinige films die mij ook wel een beetje liet huilen.

• adamdjilali

★★★★ Added by adamdjilali

I'm not sure why I enjoyed it so much.

• Ben Garnhum

★★★★ Added by Ben Garnhum

Emotional, fun, sad, interesting pairing.

• Holly Cozens

★★★ Rewatched by Holly Cozens 19 Jan, 2015

Better the second time with just enough of Seth Rogen and Anjelica Huston bang on with every line as the smothering mother. And Anna Kendrick is in it. Yay.

• Dilip

★★★ Watched by Dilip 18 Jan, 2015

Funny ,inspiring and kicks you in the gut. Joseph Gordon Levitt shines as Adam Lerner, a young man who finds out about his cancer. He is backed by his buddy Kyle played by Seth Rogan, his parents and his girlfriend. The movie develops as Adam undergoes chemo and therapy. How life and perspectives differ throughout the course.

• Brandon

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brandon 18 Jan, 2015

50/50 is a unique movie in the sense that it can have you crying from laughter at one point and then so quickly have you in tears from sadness. It's never dull, consistently entertaining, and a superbly written and directed film that is incredibly moving. Previous review here.

letterboxd.com/branburnell/film/50-50/1/

• bmart17

★★★★ Rewatched by bmart17 15 Jan, 2015

It's really tough to watch this film again, and I started to regret doing so as the movie started. Not because it's a bad film, but because the content can be quite depressing. This time, however, when the credits rolled I felt a bit better. For once, I chose an optimistic view and appreciated the film as much as I did during my initial viewing. Although at times it ventures into cliched elements, it does dance around very heavy topics as well, and usually with ease. Kendrick and JGL make for a good pairing as well.

• Emma Lane

★★★½ Watched by Emma Lane 28 Nov, 2011

NL

• Alfie Saxby

★★★★½ Watched by Alfie Saxby 15 Jan, 2015

Wow, I dont think I have ever been so concerned about any character I've seen.

I knew this film was good, but I wasn't anticipating this. All aboard the feels train. Im lost for words about how much I love this movie, such a charming, funny yet emotional ride that everyone should experience.

• alphonse

★★★½ Watched by alphonse 10 Jan, 2015 2

What a surprise. It's not that I was expecting something significantly worse, I just didn't think that someone would actually be able to create something really funny about cancer. What probably surprised me was that I was expecting something a lot more dramatic and pseudo-inspiring than this, because 50/50 is actually an experly balanced dramedy where the drama never suffocates the story, it never really feels unreasonable or out of place because it's supported by a very well-timed humour and…

• Matthew Vallée

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matthew Vallée 11 Jan, 2015

It's hard to make a comedy about cancer that is actually funny while still being serious enough for the subject matter, but this movie achieves the perfect balance. There were many moments that this film was laugh out loud funny and just as many moments that had me close to tears. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was terrific in this and the way his performance showed the subtleties of how his character was dealing with cancer felt very honest. Anna Kendrick was great…