• Quebrant

★★★★ Watched by Quebrant 03 Oct, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Continuando con mi ciclo de Bryce Dallas Howard llego a 50/50, donde para mi desgracia, ocupa un papel menor. Lo bueno de todo esto, el otro 50%, es que he descubierto una película magnífica.

Nunca me han llamado los melodramas de enfermedades, sus intentos de ir a por nuestra lagrimilla se me antojan burdos, obvios y superficiales. Nunca he padecido una enfermedad terminal, pero estoy seguro de que me encuentro ante un buen retrato de lo que supone este proceso.…

• Ainhoa

★★★½ Added by Ainhoa

Me tocó demasiado adentro.

• Hannah

★★★★½ Added by Hannah

This is one of my favorite movies to watch because of how much emotion is wrapped up in this. It makes me laugh, but also makes me cry every time I watch it, which is why I think Seth was such a good choice. He lightened the mood even in this depressing time in his life. I have fallen in love with this movie.

• Bradley

★★★½ Rewatched by Bradley 21 Sep, 2015

50/50 is a lighter look at how people are affected by cancer, while still having a good emotional heft to it.

It's got likeable performances from Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen, with JGL really giving it his all for a couple great scenes towards the end. I also liked the performance from Anjelica Huston as JGL's mother, she really did a good job and her character was kept grounded.

The writing is mostly good and I thought the last third…

• Jules

★★★★ Watched by Jules 18 Sep, 2015

the perfect balance between funny and dramatic

• AndreNobrega7

★★★★ Added by AndreNobrega7

74 popcorns.

• Nick Doucet

★★★★ Watched by Nick Doucet 14 Sep, 2015

I'm a sucker for sappy movies like this. The great performances by Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt make it that much better. I totally cried like an idiot at the end.

• Hayley Woodward

★★★★ Rewatched by Hayley Woodward 14 Sep, 2015

A great comedy-drama with excellent performances; 50-50 follows Adam as he navigates cancer with differing personal relationships.

This film had slightly soured itself in my head as I overplayed the laddy humour of the film, but upon a re-watch, the laddy humour may grate but it suits the naturalistic tone of the film and doesn't appear to be overtly demeaning to women in anyway, and any specific issues such as double standards concerning male and female sexuality are not specific…

• Mario Tellez

★★★ Watched by Mario Tellez 13 Sep, 2015

Solo dire que es una hisoria entretenida, te hace reflexionar un pco sobre la vida, hay emociones pero no son tan intensas. Las actuaciones no son lo mejor.
    Tecnicamente no me gusto, tiene varios fallos y detallitos. Pero la historia pasa y si te llega a tocar, tambien depende del publico que la vea.

• Ben Oliver

★★★½ Watched by Ben Oliver 09 Sep, 2015

Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars as a young man diagnosed with cancer, given a 50/50 chance to live. Seth Rogen plays his best friend helping him through chemo, and Anna Kendrick is his naive therapist-cum-love-interest.

Generally this is the brand of indie nonsense that is hard to stomach, however surprisingly Levine manages to make it work. Cancer is never going to be a laugh-a-minute topic and to some extent he embraces this fact; nothing feels too forced.

Much of the success is…

• Brian McGovern

★★★★½ Watched by Brian McGovern 06 Sep, 2015

Damn, an amazing film all around!

• Ken Guidry

★★★½ Rewatched by Ken Guidry 29 Aug, 2015

Returning to this film a 3rd time... I like the first half of the movie less and less, but damn, I can't not get emotional during the latter half.