• Jason Cregan

★★★★★ Watched by Jason Cregan 29 Dec, 2012

Didn't expect much from this movie when I rented it on my Xbox back in 2012 shortly after Christmas. I never really warmed to Rogen but expected a decent performance from Gordon Levitt as I was a big fan of his since 500 Days Of Summer.

I was blown away by this movie. Rogen exceeded my expectations by miles in a role that suited him perfectly. (Which is no surprise as it's based on himself)

JGL lived up to my expectations and gave a very strong portrayal of a young man battling cancer.

Personal favourite and perfect. 5/5.

• elias1026

★★★★ Rewatched by elias1026 22 Aug, 2015

Anjelica Huston.

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★ Added by Aurora Esterlia

It's simple love story wih there's a back-bone cancer/tumor patient who try to be live his life more fullness than before.

I get it, it's not forgettable because Joseph Gordon Levitt in it with Seth Rogen and it's a very serious comedy drama, so, yeah, it's good.
    And, how lucky Joseph to being love by Bryce Dallas Howard and Anna Kendrick. So, yeah, it's good.
    The cinematography also good. It's a definition of really saved-good movie.

• Henry Chivers

★★★★ Rewatched by Henry Chivers 23 Aug, 2015

A great comedy about caner that dose not disrespect the subject.

• BennyWestside

★★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

A semi-autobiographical look at the journey that is a cancer diagnosis. Sometimes funny, sometimes utterly heartbreaking, J-Gor really brings the heat in this one.

• Gabriel Astun

★★★ Watched by Gabriel Astun 22 Aug, 2015

trama emocionante com atuações medianas e ritmo lento, contudo mesmo a trama deixando a desejar é um longa metragem a ser assistido.

www.nerdcontranerd.com.br/

• robthefilmgeek

★★★★ Added by robthefilmgeek

I think I've been holding off watching this honestly because of the cancer subject - It not exactly an easy subject to be in the mood for, even a film like this that allows moments of comedy - the truth is a lot of us will have known somebody who has fought cancer (or worse - lost someone), so yeah it was about the right time for me at least - well come to think of it to be fair,…

• Brian Stack

★★★★½ Added by Brian Stack

When 27-year old Adam Lerner (Joseph Gordon-Leavitt) is diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, his life is turned upside down and he learns who his true friends are.

Gordon-Leavitt has become one of the most successful former child actors. He's come a long way from Tommy Solomon and his work in Brick (2005), Inception (2010), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), and Looper (2012) compares favorably with any other leading man in the last decade. He keeps us invested in Adam, but, by keeping…

• Abrahan Faiz

★★★★½ Watched by Abrahan Faiz 11 Aug, 2015

Reto Cinéfilo 2015:
    Un filme basado en un hecho real

Poderosa, aflictiva, angustiante, magistral, profunda, penetrante.

• DSfilms

★★★★★ Added by DSfilms

Just the best,wonderful,original,well made,well acted,great great film.

• Willem Hattingh

★★★★ Watched by Willem Hattingh 03 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Honestly I've been laughing throughout the whole film. Either because I find this remarkably lighthearted take on a cancer patient story really engaging, or I just have no fucking sense of humour.

Of course, come the 2nd half of the movie or so, the more drama-focused segments of the film do really hit home as well, and it's not usually this easy for me to relate to a film's protagonist as much as I do here. The outcome's a fair bit predictable, but that's theatrical films for you.

• Michael Parks

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Parks 31 Jul, 2015

A hilarious yet grounded and touching look at a battle with cancer. Love Anna Kendrick.