• cameron22

★★★★½ Added by cameron22

A

• Beatrice Folque

★★★★ Watched by Beatrice Folque 19 Dec, 2014

I don't find the story that fresh , but I find interesting the way it is told to us

• Marissa Robertcop

★★★★★ Watched by Marissa Robertcop 17 Dec, 2014

Easily one of the best movies that deals with cancer.

Having known several folks who have been diagnosed (and unfortunately only a few survivors) I can say that 50/50 is a very realistic portrayal of what a person goes through after diagnosis and also how those close to them sometimes behave.

• leahbee123

★★★★½ Added by leahbee123

Such a great little movie. Not as deep or sad as you think it might be considering it's about Cancer. Celebrates life and good friendship.

• Amy McNamara

★★★★ Watched by Amy McNamara 14 Dec, 2014

I'm so happy I finally watched this movie! I think this was one of Seth Rogan's best dramatic-comedic performances! This movie really gave you insight on what a patient with cancer has to go through and Joseph Gordon-Levitt played the role very well. I would love to see him & Seth Rogan do another movie together. The only complaint I have, is the way the movie ended. Hopefully there will be a sequeal to this one day but I doubt it.

• KMOKLER

★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

I have to give this film credit, they made a film about cancer funny now that's clever.

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 06 Jun, 2012

7/10: This is a quiet film but it packs a great deal of power. It's amazing how humor is wonderfully placed into such a serious topic and yet it does bring the impact when its required.

• Daniel Webb

★★★★½ Rewatched by Daniel Webb 13 Dec, 2014

I briefly mentioned 50/50 in my review of The Fault In Our Stars, using it as an example of a film that deals with cancer without becoming overly depressing or melodramatic. In the literary world these types of stories are called "sicklit", but I will call this particular subgenre of film "cancer cinema".

After watching 50/50 again, it only highlights for me just how disingenuous and, frankly, insulting The Fault In Our Stars is. I am actually disgusted right now.…

• Steve Pennock

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Pennock 07 Dec, 2014

This was my second viewing of 50/50 and while i remembered it being a nice film I did not remember it being as truly wonderful as i found it this time. Maybe it is one of those movies that take repeat viewings to really appreciate it.

This story has a lot of heart, and deals with a very hard subject. But it is a complete success. I attribute this to the writer Will Reiser who wrote this based on his…

• George Machin

★★★★½ Watched by George Machin 07 Dec, 2014

50/50 is a comedy about cancer that manages to balance its comedic elements so perfectly with its tragic moments. There's something special about the mixture of tragedy and comedic that makes the tragedy all the more tragic and the comedy all the more funny. 50/50 is a demonstration of a near perfect mixture.

Due to a tight script, 50/50 manages to cover a wide variety of experiences one who goes through cancer treatment might have to tackle. From existential questioning…

• McMac Henry

★★½ Added by McMac Henry

that girl from pitch perfect is just the worst

• Gigio Baulo