• Devonia_Rosia

Added by Devonia_Rosia

Watching this, I found myself constantly relating it to 'Funny People'- same sort of jist, and Seth Rogen stars in both films. I'd take Funny People over 50/50.
    Despite a brilliant leading cast, I found it mediocre and forgettable. I barely remember it. I do, however, remember the final scenes of the film where it was able to wrench a bit of emotion from me.. otherwise, the rest of the film I found emotionless. Definitely not a comedy.

• YOORI

★★★ Added by YOORI

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• yureegasven

★★½ Watched by yureegasven 17 Jul, 2014

This was ok I guess. Forgettable and had some bad misses with the musical choices. Felt kind of selfish for thinking to myself how much I wish I had cancer while watching this.

• Dan Schindel

Added by Dan Schindel

Bitches, amirite?

• Garrett Irwin

★★★★ Added by Garrett Irwin

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Joe Hastings

★★★½ Added by Joe Hastings 2

I've avoided this one for quite a while since I'm not a fan of Seth Rogen or anything he's ever done. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has proved himself to be a capable actor in films like Looper, Manic and Brick so I was naturally curious about what he could do. Unfortunately, Rogen was still his annoying self with humor that felt out of place and yet Anna Kendrick helped me forget about it. I wouldn't want that guy as a best friend.…

• wizardoffilms

★★★½ Watched by wizardoffilms 18 Jun, 2013

Like I said before, after watching This Is the End (2013), I ended up watching the movies that people like Jay Baruchel, Seth Rogen, James Franco, etc were in. For obvious reasons, I watched this since Seth Rogen was in it. While I think Joseph Gordon Levitt is funny to some degree, Rogen definitely alleviated someone of the serious scenes in the film.

OK seriously I have nothing to say about anyone else. It was all about Seth Rogen for me.

• Bethany

★★★★½ Added by Bethany

There is such a raw and powerful emotional sentiment to this film and it stays with you long after the film ends.

• Stephen Mackintosh

★★★★★ Watched by Stephen Mackintosh 08 Jul, 2014

What I loved about this film is that it jumped back and forth between the line that borders dark and serious, and awkward and funny. These are the kind of films I love the most. The kind of films that can make you both laugh and cry in the space of half an hour.

The cast was top notch. Big shout out to Anna Kendrick who I felt did a really good job with her role and her and Seth Rogen were really good at supporting Joseph Gordon-Levitt. This is a must see. Go watch it. Now.

• bicyclemark

★★★½ Watched by bicyclemark 05 Jul, 2014

JGL has made some interesting movie choices over the past 4 years. He seems to be involved in projects that are somehow different and interesting, even what may look like a straight up comedy at first (like this one) is in fact a more profound film than the cover might let on.

Seth Rogan is excellent as the best friend roll and hey he didn't have to try to hard to play a stoner at the same time.

But beyond…

• Clay

★★★½ Watched by Clay 05 Jul, 2014

50/50 is heartwarming and not melodramatic. That's something that most cancer dramas fail to achieve. (I'm looking at you TFIOS)

• Luis Baia

★★★½ Watched by Luis Baia 25 Jan, 2012

Gordon-Levitt is really good in the sweet and ironic young man and the movie is a nice light approach to a difficult subject. I would prefer that it wouldn't go that much into romcom territory though...