• Raunak

★★★ Added by Raunak

Needs a rewatch.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 29 Dec, 2009

I thought it was emo hipster bullshit.

I suppose the nicest thing I can say about it is that I liked it better than Juno. But it's still not very good. With main characters this unlikeable, it's hard to root for anyone to emerge unscathed. Summer may have been a cunt, but Tom was whiny and annoying and totally false. I loved JGL in Brick, but fuck was he irritating here. And Zooey seems to have mastered only one facial…

• Moviebuff1975

★★★½ Watched by Moviebuff1975 08 Jan, 2014

Really very overrated. Liked it but wanted to love it.

• Alec

★★★½ Rewatched by Alec 14 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Nidhi Srivastava

★★★★ Watched by Nidhi Srivastava 07 Apr, 2014

I liked this movie! Such goodlooking people and such a great colour scheme+soundtrack, how can you not? Can hardly believe it's by the Spiderman director. Why is he wasting his time there?

• Matthew Gehrts

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Gehrts 10 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Hector Lester-George

Rewatched by Hector Lester-George 10 Apr, 2014

Everything I watch this movie, I only grow to hate it more. By this point, as I only watched it so as to include Marc Webb in my Director's Challenge, I'm not sure if I ever want to go back and give this another chance.

• Flora

★★★★ Watched by Flora 10 Apr, 2014

Romantic comedy? Ha, not really.
    I'm appalled that people romanticize the events in this movie and side with the main character. He's an immature asshole who can't accept rejection and obsessively latches on to people. He's honestly pathetic. I spent the entire movie hating his fucking guts. And I really despise guys like that in real life.. Men who think women are just there to fulfill whatever role they think up for them.
    Kudos for the film for showing how destructive this sort of behavior is, though..

• Reystleen

★★★★ Added by Reystleen

I love this movie and I'm not ashamed :)

• Carlos Deleon

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Deleon 22 Jul, 2009

I'm writing this while listening to the soundtrack. Yup. It's one of those. I don't do it often. Garden State, Once, Angus and, yup, (500) Days of Summer. Regina Spector FTW. Also, while speaking about the soundtrack - is liking 'The Smiths' that rare? I'm not a fan, and yet if someone hot in a elevator was blasting "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want", I'd recognize it and use it as a way to say hello. I'd…

• Alex Leadbeater

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Leadbeater 04 Apr, 2014

If one more person says that Summer's a bitch I think I'm going to scream.

• shirleen

★½ Watched by shirleen 03 Apr, 2014

well firstly I watched this film whilst painting my nails so that should already tell you that it wasn't very captivating from the start, which is needed in a film! this film also confused me a lot as I just couldn't figure out what was happening and also I wasn't very fond of the scene switchovers, it made the movie not fluent and smooth and it kind of ruined it for me if I am honest, I also don't like how there was a narrator in the film. At least there was a cute ending.