• Billy

Watched by Billy 02 Jul, 2015

wtf.

• CT_Sexybeast

★★★ Watched by CT_Sexybeast 01 Jul, 2015 2

While it isn't as great as I anticipated, (500) Days of Summer is still a decent romance flick.

It's hard to pin down what bothered me about the film. It's very well-made and the characters are great, but other than the last scene on the bench and a few other small character moments, I really didn't feel anything here. No sadness, no excitement; nothing. Hell, I think I wouldn't have even liked this film if it weren't for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's…

• Kai Perrignon

★★★½ Watched by Kai Perrignon 02 Jul, 2015

First saw this film when I was 13, and I loved it (for reasons I don't quite remember). Each subsequent viewing has dulled the film a bit, with the ending and kid-sister in particular becoming more annoyingly cutesy over time.

Still, I appreciate the random style shifts (omniscient narrators! Black and White interviews!) and use of split screen. The expectations v reality scene remains stunning. As does the moment immediately after when the world turns to pencil.

Overall, it's charming,…

• karla

★★★★★ Added by karla

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

i absolutely adore this movie. i love how raw and honest it is. when i first watched it i was bummed that they did not end up together but i read something that said joseph gordon-levitt believed his character was being selfish. i never noticed how true that was until i put aside his seemingly good looks and saw it for myself. anyways, good movie to watch on a bored day.

• Ignacio Montalvo

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ignacio Montalvo 29 Jun, 2015

Un clásico moderno. Nunca me canso de verla.

• Kevin Falk

★★★★½ Watched by Kevin Falk 27 Jun, 2015

I've never had a problem with romantic comedies its more of how there filmed. Some Romantic Comedies can be really fun and have a lot of heart to it but this movie is the ultimate anti romantic comedy. While this film does focus on a romance like they say In the beginning of this movie this is not a romantic story. Its more of a realistic story about failed love or as I like to call it the non musical…

• María A

★★★★ Added by María A

<3333333

• schwabe

★★★ Watched by schwabe 26 Jun, 2015

a movie that is all over the place.

• Sigmataf

★★★ Added by Sigmataf

ρε τον τύπο, την έκανε και μπλούζα την πατσαβούρα.

• SmokingPizza

½ Added by SmokingPizza

Yeah, this fucking sucked.

• John George

★★★★ Watched by John George 25 Jun, 2015 3

If this movie doesn't make you feel (any feelings), probably should kill yourself or at most threaten to kill yourself in an online community.

• francesb23

★★★½ Added by francesb23

What's interesting about this movie is the focus on Mr. Nice Guy (aka Joseph Gordon-Levitt). We never see Summer's side of the story, and thus we get an idealized (or demonized, depending on the day) version of her that the leading man makes up in his head. Can be interpreted either as an invective against girls like Summer (who are just so darn indecisive, y'know?) or as a warningly vivid look into the mind of someone who feels entitled to have exactly what he wants when he wants it, other people's needs and desires be damned. More a coming-of-age story than a romance, and well done.