• elias1026

★★★½ Watched by elias1026 27 Aug, 2015

Like Blue Valentine before it, and Comet after it, (500) Days of Summer is a magnificently honest and raw portrayal of a modern relationship. All three films jump through time and space to find their protagonists in whatever quirky, but violently realistic situation they happen to be in at each stage of their relationship. Be it a futuristic, sci-fi themed hotel, a high-rise apartment long after the couple is broken up, or in the case of this film, several disparate…

• Patricija

★★★★★ Rewatched by Patricija 01 Sep, 2015

nice to meet you, I'm Autumn

• Bradley

★★★★ Watched by Bradley 31 Aug, 2015

(500) Days of Summer is an enjoyably different romantic comedy, with charismatic performances, a snappy pace and some great humour.

Initially I wasn't a huge fan of the writing in this movie, it feels like it's trying too hard too be quirky at times (namely the Ikea scene and the "Penis" scene). I was won over by the end though as they pull off some fantastic humour and character moments.

It's editing is really fantastic to a noticeable degree. It…

• Rob McGregor

★★★½ Watched by Rob McGregor 28 Aug, 2014

In which... a more interesting and realistic bittersweet tale is told jumping back and forth through a narrative... a true romantic film.

• problemchild

★★★★ Watched by problemchild 24 Aug, 2015

ein Film über Liebe, aber kein Liebesfilm

• Merriweather

★★★★★ Added by Merriweather

Best Romance film since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 18 Jun, 2011

A quirky romantic comedy with great performances.

• Mad Lammergeier

★★★★½ Watched by Mad Lammergeier 27 Aug, 2015

I knocked off about half a star because of the movie's relentless and a bit pretentious pop culture references.

As for the whole issue of friendzoning and how if you pine enough, the girl should give you a chance... that wasn't really how I saw the movie. She did technically give him a chance. They did date and she obviously liked him too, but just not enough for that moment of revelation to come...and it didn't. Spoiler Alert: I would've…

• Panta Oz

★★★ Added by Panta Oz

As a fan of Zooey Deschanel I'll admit that she was the center of attention for me in this movie! Enough cynicism for my taste, and a lot of failed romance to attract girls... Nothing special but good enough for a relaxed afternoon or evening.

• Katriina

★★★★ Added by Katriina

Why do I like this

• Mariska

★★★ Added by Mariska

Those with friendzone experience (I bet there's lots) will relate to this movie. Loved the soundtrack.

• mfulton