• Jacob Hinchely

★★★★ Watched by Jacob Hinchely 11 Dec, 2009

This is a film that is seriously going to divide the sexes. The girls are going to think she is so cool and cute, and the guys are going to think "God, she's a total bitch." What's interesting is that we all have our Summer. Or at least, will meet one at a certain point in life, in which case, I feel sorry for you.

• Inti Asenjo

½ Added by Inti Asenjo

• Felipe Nicéas

★★★★★ Added by Felipe Nicéas

Das comédias românticas que vi nos últimos anos, essa é sem dúvida alguma uma das melhores, fiquei encantado com a parceria entre Joseph Gordon-Levitt e a Zooey Deschanel, com a trilha sonora que é um dos pontos altos do filme e o final que foi bastante coerente. Adoro esse filme!!!!

• Jayperior

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jayperior 26 Jan, 2015

Just watching it again for inspiration in romantic writing.
    That Expectation vs. Reality scene is still brilliant - I've noticed that with Expectation appearing first on the left, it is easier for us to see. Even the imagery is more pleasant. But what we HEAR is Reality. We want to see the what if... but all we get is the truth.

Love it.

• Rafael Pato

★★★★ Rewatched by Rafael Pato 25 Jan, 2015

colour my life with the chaos of trouble

• peterfloyd

★★★★½ Rewatched by peterfloyd 25 Jan, 2015 2

I've watched this over a hundred times and it always makes me cry, I love this movie, love everything about it, it's so weird, the quirky creepy characters, the soundtrack is insane, the writing is sharp and it's so honest and so fucking cute.

• Callum Perritt

★★★★ Rewatched by Callum Perritt 24 Jan, 2015

What I like the most about (500) Days Of Summer is that it tries to do something new as part of a genre that has become stale and predictable, and for the most part it succeeds. The non-linear narrative makes the story more engaging without being too jarring and it is filled with generally touching moments along with a few laughs. Joseph Gordon-Levitt might not be everyone's cup of tea but I found myself rooting for him throughout whereas in…

• FrankieSays

★★★ Rewatched by FrankieSays 24 Jan, 2015

They censored the word "penis" on TV, so for three minutes, you had Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Goddamnthoseeyes exhaling into the air and disturbing random passers-by with their shenanigans.

Wut.

This is unacceptable, TV channel. Seriously, why would you do that?

But about this movie... see, I have a confession to make.

I'm biased.

I may or may not be giving this an okay rating just because of that one Clash song. But wait! Hear me out on this one.…

• Liz F

★★★★ Added by Liz F

• Jonah Chavez

★★★ Added by Jonah Chavez

A beautiful film about the reality of love and relationships! I loved this movie so much it was fun to watch and incredibly charming. JGL and Zooey perform wonderfully. I love the message of the film and I love the cinematography

• Harry Simmo

★★★★ Watched by Harry Simmo 21 Jan, 2015 2

This is the perfect love story of hopeless romance and disposable partners.

The soundtrack is just beautiful and Joseph Gordon-Levitt excellently portrays a connoisseur of good music. It's not an overly slushy or depressing film. It just looks at love as the everyday consumer perceives it and dismantles it in a smug kind of way.

Without sounding like a 15 year old girl with an obsession for their 'geek chic' geography teacher and The Beatles, it's a relatable film. Everyone…

• Luke Pauli

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Pauli 21 Jan, 2015 2

The romantic comedy sub-genre has to be one of the most staid, tired, formulaic and generic forms of cinema around. It's become a safe formula; a guaranteed money maker but completely forgettable and with little artistic merit. A recent example would be The Proposal. It's a lazy, cliched film, with a ridiculous high concept plot and contrived plot points, none of which feel authentic. The same cannot be said of (500) Days of Summer. Everything about this film feels authentic…