• Callum Hofler

★★★★★ Rewatched by Callum Hofler 24 May, 2015

Included on:
    My Favourite Films - Top 50

Electrifying. A shot to the heart. An amalgamation of everything right that exists within modern romance and comedy. (500) Days of Summer exhibits offbeat mannerisms alongside genuine sincerity and an undertone of cynicism that permeates its wretched and morally corrupt personalities. It's infectiously (and initially) pious, yet ultimately skeptical. It's also often misunderstood in intention and execution. The two protagonists are both idealistic personifications of society's picturesque modern female and male counterparts,…

• Mr. Knoll

★★★★½ Added by Mr. Knoll

A smart, inventive, thematically resonant mainstream romcom that packs an unexpected emotional punch.

• Bernardo Lima

★★★ Watched by Bernardo Lima 05 May, 2015 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Um genérico de amor que não é um genérico de amor. O filme já nos fala isso no começo, então pode se considerar que a única coisa que ele tem de diferente de uma comédia romântica indie é que o final não é feliz. Mas já que o filme te fala isso no começo, não temos mais nada o que esperar além de ver o porquê disso.
    Mesmo assim, eu gostei do estilozinho indie do filme, por mais que já…

• Joe

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 22 May, 2015

This is a little obnoxious, but it means well.

• Happyman

★★★½ Rewatched by Happyman 16 May, 2015

It is good film to watch with girlfriend)

• danieladkins27

★★★★★ Added by danieladkins27

Maybe this film isn't a perfect film, but I'm sure it contains part of all of our romances. In my case the all story is my history.

• James Knight

★★★ Rewatched by James Knight 17 May, 2015

Naive and too quirky for my liking. The performances are good but I never bought into it, almost nothing is believable, the most realistic scene is actually on paper the most unrealistic one; JGL's big musical scene, it's really the only scene that denotes any kind of truth.

• dellamore

★★ Watched by dellamore 18 Jul, 2013

Why is Joseph Gordon-Levitt so punchable?

• Ben Hemphill

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Hemphill 13 May, 2015

Revisited this film last night with some family members - and it resonated with me as much now as it did the first time that I saw it several years ago. This film is a seriously fresh perspective on relationships and captures the essence of every young romance so incredibly well. Interestingly enough, the younger members of my family loved the film and the older members of my family hated it. I wonder if there is something about this film that has a generational relevance that only extends to a certain age. Either way, love this movie!

• escott

★★★ Watched by escott 13 May, 2015

Worst surfing movie ever. Set in New York City or somewhere like that. No ocean no waves.

Channeling SSL: best title for a surfing movie ever.

• carmela

★★★★ Watched by carmela 10 May, 2015

...Sweet disposition...

• rachaelhynds

★★★★★ Rewatched by rachaelhynds 09 May, 2015

One of my favorite movies. Portrays love, heartbreak, and hope after heartbreak in one movie.