• Josh Surratt

★★★★½ Rewatched by Josh Surratt 03 Aug, 2015

★★★★½ (92%)

"I love how she makes me feel...like anything's possible, or like life is worth it..."

• Jake Williams

★★★★★ Added by Jake Williams

This anti-romantic comedy is one of those rare jewels in which the director's style soar above an otherwise familiar story. Thanks to phenomenal direction, excellent acting, and one hilarious script this film rises above the majority of every other in its genre. It's romantic, it's anti-romantic, it's emotional, and it's hilarious. This is the perfect comedy for those looking for an outside the norm rom-com.

• Andy Lunn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Lunn 31 Jul, 2015 5

So we come to F in my alphabet quest and I've chosen this anti rom-com. I love the dry humour in this. I like the switching back and forth through the days of Summer. I love the soundtrack and the performances are great too. Particularly Deschanel, who pulls you in with those eyes and refuses to let go. Just like in the movie itself.

• DerringerHK

★★★½ Watched by DerringerHK 29 Jul, 2015

Quite a fun movie. Didn't know how it was going to end, even though I thought I did.

• sleepyleafy

★★★★ Watched by sleepyleafy 22 Jun, 2015

Cute

• DSfilms

★★★★★ Added by DSfilms

This romantic comedy impressed me,it was very funny and specially,very original.

• alexbhades

Watched by alexbhades 28 Jul, 2012

Pues la peli tiene estilo propio, no lo negare, ellos lo hacen bien... pero no me ha enganchado lo más mínimo y me ha aburrido.
    Para gustos colores y este en concreto me ha defraudado.

• VeganPilgrim

★★★★★ Added by VeganPilgrim

Ein offenherziger Film über Beziehungen und nicht über eine Beziehung. Jospeh Gorden-Levitt und Zooey Deschanel sind die perfekte Besetzung.
    Der Film ist frisch, voller Ideen und cleverer Beobachtungen. Absolut sehenswert!

• Qauntiz Smitherman

★★★★ Watched by Qauntiz Smitherman 25 Jul, 2015

I gotta say I really liked this film and thought it had an interesting take and I can see the similarities between it and films like Annie Hall. The only thing that bothered me was I felt that we didn't learn as much as we needed to about either character and the whole Summer/Autumn dynamic was pretty obvious but feel good at the same time. The film itself doesn't try too hard which is really good because the chemistry between…

• James S

★★★★ Rewatched by James S 26 Jul, 2015

At the time of its release, I really loved everything about this modern-day romance but now the appeal has waned slightly. I still think it's a strong film with solid chemistry between the leads but I can start to see how others might find it annoying.

Still an excellent soundtrack though.

• Mike Pisacano

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mike Pisacano 26 Jul, 2015

"This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story."

More often than not, romantic comedies have been demonized for being cliched and stereotypical representations of real-life romance. 500 Days of Summer is one of those rare cases in which a romantic comedy is realistic, mature, and profound in its views on love and relationships.

Not every relationship is going to work out, and some people may not be meant to…

• Porkins

Added by Porkins

"So the problem ends up being that the last 20 minutes of the movie don't play as dark or ironic or twisted or satirical or cutting or insightful; it plays as happy and optimistic, with Tom finally realizing that he's going to be okay and that he's going to find love after all. This isn't because he rejects, re-evaulates, or revamps his harmful views about romance-- but, rather, because he *reaffirmed* them, because again, [the screenwriter] *actually* believes this stuff."
    birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/07/22/paper-towns-vs.-the-manic-pixie-dream-girl#comment-2151276167