• Ben Dugan

★★★½ Added by Ben Dugan

Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel are charming. Marc Webb is a stylish director. They make this movie better than it probably deserves to be.

• Meliza

★★★★½ Rewatched by Meliza 11 Oct, 2014

I seldom rewatch movies. But I am glad I rewatched this. It was charming and funny, but also heartbreaking. Great perfomances from Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. It was fun watching Tom(Gordon-Levitt) and Summer(Deschanel) from when they were together to the time when they're not. The differences were hilarious especially on Tom's part. But I can't help feeling pity towards him too.

I also love the soundtrack and Tom’s dancing to You Make My Dreams (Come True) by Hall & Oates.…

• Ponders

Rewatched by Ponders 26 Oct, 2014

I never know what I feel about this film. Does it make me happy, or sad? Do I even like it? Regardless, why do I re-watch it? I haven't a clue. Something else this movie makes me feel. Oh well. Maybe I'll figure it out by the next time I watch it.

• Rumsey Taylor

★★★ Watched by Rumsey Taylor 25 Oct, 2014

I have a knee-jerk dismissal of most films about the romantic tribulations of obviously beautiful, privileged people who seem to live in extraordinary apartments that they somehow maintain with menial jobs, but this film has a certain intelligence and self-awareness that I must admit I was charmed by. Late in the film, Tom, who's on the mend after having been dumped by the eponymous Summer, lashes out against his boss and workmates at a greeting card company, ascertaining that that…

• misha winchester

★★★★½ Added by misha winchester

actually really good like the juxtaposition of scenes where he loves her to scenes where he doesn't is amazing

• Reelz

Rewatched by Reelz 23 Oct, 2014 11

Music for your reading pleasure

"Just because some cute girl likes the same bizarro crap you do doesn't make her your soul mate."

If there’s one thing that comes to mind when I reflect on my “love life”, it’s that I romanticize things far too often. If I develop a crush on a girl, I’ll eventually fantasize about us going out on a date together, falling in love, getting married, having children, and living happily ever after. When this doesn't…

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• Austin Wolf

★★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Wolf 14 Oct, 2014

Roses are red. Violets are blue. Fuck you whore.

• Abdullah Muhana

★★★ Added by Abdullah Muhana

good movie

• andrewshieh0712

★★★★ Rewatched by andrewshieh0712 05 Oct, 2014

Its unique way of storytelling with its well-arranged film editing. (500) quite gives you sensation throughout the movie of both warmth and grief.

• Doug H

★★★½ Added by Doug H

Score: 70/100

Love is a crazy drug. We love to love, but once we run out of love, we begin to despise it. That’s the case of the Joseph Gordon-Levitt character in (500) Days of Summer, when he looks back on his failed relationship with Zooey Deschanel (of New Girl fame). The story, while familiar, is also new at the same time. The movie is shown in sporadic memories, and employs the use of a nonlinear narrative. While this can…

• Joe DiCanio