• Daniel Warshaw

★★★ Watched by Daniel Warshaw 16 Dec, 2014

I wanted to like it, but it felt like a constructed indie rom com, and showed the freshman status of its creative team. More here:

danielcwarshaw.com/blog/500-days-of-summer

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 04 Apr, 2010

8/10: It's not your typical love story, and it's damn good. Brilliant.

• leahbee123

★★★★½ Added by leahbee123

My favorite classic 'Rom-Com.'
    A little too realistic, and for me, way too relatable.

• Nerissa Logan

★★★★★ Added by Nerissa Logan

Can we start out with the soundtrack? Holy crap. Great soundtrack. In this film Joseph Gordon Levitt stars as a optimistic about love boy who stands 100% behind the idea of relationships. Zooey Deschanel plays a girl who seems to think relationships are a waste of time and prefers not conforming to labels. As the stars would have it, they end up dating. Written in a non linear format, you are taken through specific days in these 500 days that…

• luke10

★★★★ Watched by luke10 07 Dec, 2014

"YOU MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE!!"

• Cassandra Javier

★★★★ Added by Cassandra Javier

this will forever be one of my favorites simply because "it's not a love story--it is a story about love". <3

• Sam Malone

★★★★★ Added by Sam Malone

Best romantic comedy ever. This is the movie that got me started on my love for film. After watching so many happy endings and scenarios where the guy and girl live happily ever after, 500 Days of Summer came along. The difference in this movie made me think. Then my passion for film started to grow thanks to this movie. Thank you Marc Webb, Scott Neustadter, and Michael H. Weber. Such a well made film, the music is fantastic, and I love how they show the different parts of Los Angeles that outsiders don't really see. Also, JGL and Zooey Deschanel are great.

• Craig Hallsworth

★★★★★ Added by Craig Hallsworth 2

This is not a love story. This is a story about love.

(500) Days of Summer is probably deemed a "Rom-Com", it is probably in the romance section of any store or website, it is probably watched by girls at sleepovers... HOWEVER, it is in no way synonymous with the standard of shit churned out by it's genre, and fortunately, doesn't conform to the same notions and structures.

(500) Days is refreshing, charming, original and most of all - realistic.…

• Lagaan

★★★ Added by Lagaan

Such a good romantic drama

• Marcus

★★★½ Added by Marcus

Your enjoyment of this movie depends a lot on your own experiences, but if you have ever been i a very one-sided relation ship whit someone whit someone you really loved, this movie will probably hit painfully close to to home and you will most lightly love it.

Great story if you have been in the same spot, if not it might seem very Meh-ish.

3,5/5

• ChicToDo

★★★ Added by ChicToDo

Enjoyable film, errs a bit on the twee side, but nice movie about a realistic relationship that ends.

• Kayla Jennings-Rivera

★★★★★ Added by Kayla Jennings-Rivera

You hate to love this film. There is something about it that makes you confused, frustrated, and heartbroken all at the same time. Joseph and Zoey are a great pair in this film and stay true to their characters throughout the film. This is my favorite film just because I am so jealous of everyone who got to work on it and can say they contributed to it. It may be hard to follow if someone isn't paying attention to it but the set up of the film is perfect.