• Tom Ward

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tom Ward 20 Sep, 2014

Wrongfully labelled as a romantic comedy, (500) Days of Summer is a fantastic look at the breakdown of a relationship between two people; one who believes in true love and the other who doesn't. Whilst it is both funny and romantic, it is more of a thoughtful drama about love and its faults.

I love both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. I'm a massive fan of New Girl and Gordon-Levitt is amazing in just about anything he stars in. The…

• Chiddaling

★★★★ Watched by Chiddaling 21 Sep, 2014 2

Well this was a different type of romantic comedy. (500) Days of Summer is a movie about a girl who does not believe in true love, and a boy who falls in love with that girl. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel were fantastic in this movie. The writing and screenplay were all very sharp and rich as well. The movie was very nicely paced which didn't result in any slow moments that would hinder my enjoyment of the movie. I…

• Bernardo Martorano

★★★½ Watched by Bernardo Martorano 20 Sep, 2014

(500) Days of Summer retrata um caso de personificação de um sentimento, de um sonho pré estabelecido em cima da imagem de determinada pessoa, sem levar em consideração seus defeitos pessoais. com um começo empolgante e cativante, o ótimo enredo vai se tornando cansativo ao decorrer da história, mas não deixa de entrelaçar o espectador na narrativa dos 500 dias em que o muito bem construído protagonista vê seus ideais serem aos poucos se desgastando, até olhar o mundo a sua volta de uma perspectiva diferente.

• femesmo

★★★★★ Rewatched by femesmo 19 Sep, 2014

The most beautiful romance ever

• Alex Leadbeater

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Leadbeater 12 Sep, 2014

According to Letterboxd this is the film I've watched the most in the past year. And in that time it's become one of my favourites.

• Darren Fx

★★★★½ Watched by Darren Fx 12 Sep, 2014

"I love how she makes me feel, like anything's possible, or like life is worth it."

I always thought this film was a romantic comedy, because of the way it was advertised, but its the total opposite.

I feel this film is a homage to Amélie because of the narrators quotes on fate and the scene where Tom and Summer are visualised into a Film Noir film.

Good roles and cameos from Clark Gregg, Chloe Grace Moretz and Yvette Nicole Brown.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 16 Jan, 2010

I don't mean to sound cheesy but I think that, in one way or another, anyone who has ever had crush on someone who doesn't like/love him/her back (and I guess that pretty much everyone goes through that experience at least once) can easily identify with this film and its main character. This is a romantic comedy-drama that feels so unbelievably real that it's amazing.

The electric and almost magical chemistry between Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Tom) and Zooey Deschanel (Summer) transcended…

• Ernie

★★★½ Added by Ernie

I hate romance movies. I liked this.

• MovieGuru

★★★½ Watched by MovieGuru 16 Aug, 2014

What a great little film this is. Been wanting to see it for some time, and I'm glad I did so.

Deschanel and Gordon-Levitt have an amazing sense of chemistry with each other here, which makes this film that bit more better than it is. Even though it's good - really good.

The story tellin' technique used is executed finely, and moreover the ending, as depressing as it looks to be heading, ends up with the most perfect 'I'm Autumn' one liner finisher for quite some time.

• Iván Trejo

★★★★ Rewatched by Iván Trejo 02 Sep, 2014

"Tom meets Summer on January 8th. He knows almost immediately she is who he has been searching for. This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story."

• Rob Hope

★★★★ Watched by Rob Hope 20 Oct, 2010

Great main actor, original love story, kinda depro too but def a lesson to be learnt from the film. A must see

• Cameron Morewood

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cameron Morewood 01 Sep, 2014

It could certainly be argued this film too obviously tries to be different. You can almost feel it screaming, "I'm alternative! Love Me!" But it works anyway. This is the third time I've seen 500 Days of Summer and I still love it.

88/100