• mestupkid22

★★★★★ Added by mestupkid22

97/100

• Gvas

★★ Rewatched by Gvas 18 Nov, 2014

While I found it impressive on first viewing, on second viewing I noticed how one-sided this story of “boy meets girl but not a love story” actually is. Save for mr Levitt’s charisma and mr. Webb’s split-screens, 500 Days of Summer is merely a matter of heart revanchism.

Not my cup of tea.

• Reviewpuram Akilan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Reviewpuram Akilan 18 Nov, 2014

Tom: "There's a lot of different stuff you could do?"
    Summer Finn: "Show me."

And we are literally shown different stuff. Marc Webb, seriously?! You blew me off.

When was the last time you saw the hero of a Hollywood film, break into a cheerful, dance for a vibrant song ft. many other junior artists? I had been waiting for that moment ever since I could comprehend the difference between Indian cinema and Hollywood.

This film is as true to…

• jayjum

★★★ Rewatched by jayjum 15 Nov, 2014

It is a funnier than I recall... Still pulls on my emotional strings.

• Isa Sins

★★½ Watched by Isa Sins 16 Nov, 2014

Not a romantic movie ... as said.

• Ryster

★★★★½ Watched by Ryster 13 Nov, 2014

(500) Days of Summer had been on my watch list for quite a while and I got round to watching it and I really enjoyed it. I've seen a lot of love films but this one told the story more the truth way, so if you don't want a love film that is like a real relationship and more cotton candy fluff stuff you might be disappointed. To me the film was very funny, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is very witty and…

• JamesPowell

★★★★★ Added by JamesPowell

500 Days of Summer AKA as the most honest, compelling, accurate, heart provoking, ground-breaking, creative and original look at love that has ever been made.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 05 Sep, 2010

In many ways, true to life, but a little boring, despite some good dialogue.

• Ana Cláudia Santos

★★★★ Rewatched by Ana Cláudia Santos 18 Sep, 2013

This is probably the movie that describes me better - ok, maybe not the movie itself but the unapropriated balance between Tom and Summer.

First, I have to admit that I've seen it, at least, five times.
    On the first one, I was on a relationship and everything I was able to extract from the story was that Summer was a total bitch and Tom a picture of my own - romantic, idealistic about love and all of its amazing…

• yashanksingh

★★★★½ Watched by yashanksingh 29 Oct, 2014

Beautiful movie with brilliant, subtle performances. Mind you, it is a story about a boy meets girl, but it is not a love story.

• Sofia

★★★ Added by Sofia

I'm not a major fan of 'rom-coms' because they're usually pretty bland in my opinion. This film was slightly better, with better casting and an unusual ending, but the whole 'woe is me' storyline never got my empathy and this is no exception. However, if a friend wanted a rom-com recommendation, this would be the first (it's 10x better than the notebook anyhow).

• Thorin Mofdaat