• Neil Studd

Watched by Neil Studd 02 May, 2016

Do you enjoy watching women hanging upside-down while a paranoid Al Pacino mutters things about semen? Then you'll love this!

• Dana Jordan Rothschild

Watched by Dana Jordan Rothschild 08 Feb, 2016

#HDTGM Brought Me Here

• WesternUnion

★★★½ Rewatched by WesternUnion 06 Jan, 2015

72.......Pacino gives what already is a rather routine policier potboiler some world-weary gravitas where it (probably) isn't due, which is commendable. In less skilled hands it would probably feel out of place.

• Fede Stories.

★★½ Watched by Fede Stories. 13 Apr, 2016

TimVision è un ottimo fornitore di film di Al Pacino. No, non intendo quelli per cui è più famoso e che gli hanno fatto guadagnare l'affetto di una buona fetta del grande pubblico internazionale. Sto parlando dei titoli minori, riempitivi che - per ovvi motivi - passano inosservati nella maggior parte dei casi. Una di queste sfortunate(?) pellicole è proprio 88 minuti, un thriller che, pur traendo ispirazione da un'idea accattivante, rimane piuttosto prevedibile e scontato soprattutto sul finale, ovvero…

• Amish

★½ Watched by Amish 09 Apr, 2016

Only thing interesting about this movie is that it tries to run in realtime.

• Craig Hart

★½ Added by Craig Hart

An odd little thriller (not in real-time as the title might suggest) populated by people who are largely caustic and unsympathetic. Al Pacino is Dr. Jack Gramm, a forensic psychologist who works with the FBI. He’s recently helped convict suspected serial killer Jon Forster (Neal McDonough) and is basking in the glory of helping take another killer off the streets. However, he receives a phone call telling him that he’s only got 88 minutes to live, and this new killer…

• Zodokai

★★½ Rewatched by Zodokai 21 Mar, 2016

"Like a parrot that talks back."

I remember liking this one when I first saw it. It wasn't the best, but it was a decent thriller. Upon rewatch, my enjoyment of the film has decreased a bit and I don't really know what has changed. The whole premise is convoluted and goofy, but it was convoluted and goofy nearly a decade ago when I first saw it. There is no real tension and it's all quite predictable. The identity of…

• David Howland

Watched by David Howland 29 Nov, 2015

Trying to write something about this movie, but my Letterboxd got a bit behind, so It was over 2 months ago I actually saw it. I remember almost nothing, so I watched the trailer. It's basically the whole film. "tick-tock doc". I dunno.

Al Pacino's hair though.

• Panteater

★★★ Watched by Panteater 06 Mar, 2016

rather average shouty period Pacino thriller, he must have found this script in a drawer labelled "late 80s rejected stuff"

• Sam Doyle

½ Rewatched by Sam Doyle 21 Feb, 2016

The plot is preposterous. It started simply enough but then about 50 pointless characters were introduced, who added nothing but another dead end in Pacino's tumultuous investigation. Tired and dishevelled, he looked like he'd just escaped from a mortuary, yet he still manages to bone half of his young and attractive students. The last half hour sees him making around 500 mobile phone calls, running about 50 miles, and struggling up stairs. Finally, he identifies the killer in an underwhelming…

• Dave Holmes

★★ Added by Dave Holmes

Preposterous, and not in a good way. Al's always worthwhile, and this has a decent support cast and some intense moments in direction, but did anyone actually READ the script before signing on? Makes CSNCIS look like a masterpiece of mystery plotting.

• Leif

½ Added by Leif

I've never seen Al Pacino look so tired in my life. Supposedly this film is in real time (it's not) yet even a high dose of caffeine wouldn't stop this from being a sloppy, boring mess.