• hotsake

★★★½ Watched by hotsake 21 Nov, 2015

This was a pretty good if over long gangster tale. This was well acted but I've never really gotten into straight gangland tales such as Scarface or the Godfather and this follows the same path by being a relatively realistic portrayal of life as a Korean gangster.

• AlexHendry

★★★★½ Watched by AlexHendry 20 Nov, 2015

A typical gangster with a heart film, reminiscent of 'a bittersweet life' not quite at the same level but very solid nonetheless. Acting was also solid, fight scenes were executed well and very intense emotional moments throughout.

Overall definitely worth watching if you enjoy Korean gangster flicks.

• Matt Heiser

★★★ Watched by Matt Heiser 17 Sep, 2015

Solid SK gangster film, solid fights and shootouts.

• cxnk

★★★ Watched by cxnk 05 Aug, 2015

a story of low life gangster making desperate moves for a better tomorrow; vicious cycle of power game; will watch again if free; good acting effort by Zo;

< Friend 친구

• JCensor

★½ Watched by JCensor 14 Jul, 2015

That badass playing the guitar and other various instruments during the recurring karaoke was easily the best part of this film.

• sebastian_drogo

★★★½ Watched by sebastian_drogo 04 Jun, 2015

Buon gangster-movie con ottime coreografie di scontri armati e di lotte all'arma bianca.
    Sviscerata l'anima del delinquente, sempre in bilico fra fedeltà al superiore e spinta al tradimento per salire i gradini della carriera

• Kane Le-Petit

★★★★ Added by Kane Le-Petit

Well acted , brutally realistic and just a fantastic overall gangster flick.

• kvnvis

★★★ Watched by kvnvis 20 Feb, 2015

The inhumanities of the gangster life.

Friendships, love and family are all sacrificed when you lead a life as a gangster, and it's not all surprising to me to see this in this film. Having seen countless films and dramas about mobs and triads in Asian cinema, I kind of expected this and this film didn't particularly deliver anything new to impress.

What I liked here was the acting. I'm somewhat of a fan of Jo In Sung and Jin…

• Terése Flynn

★★½ Watched by Terése Flynn 27 Jan, 2015 10

Byung-du have stood in line for the merry-go-round way too long. He's in a hurry to experience the fun of the ride, so he cuts in line. But when he's on the attraction he realizes he wasn't tall enough to ride it. And that is A Dirty Carnival

The first half our or so of a A Dirty Carnival is all about getting to know our low life gangster's motives for wanting to move up in life. To take that…

• Mr. DuLac

★★★½ Watched by Mr. DuLac 01 Dec, 2014 2

Gangster's just a label. I'm not as bad as you think.
    -Kim Byung-doo

The rise of a small time gangster to prominence and his subsequent disastrous fall is hardly new material. Look no further then the films that invented the gangster genre; Little Caesar, The Public Enemy and Scarface. All three films have this exact plot, but not only are they distinctive in their own right, but this core story has been retold and retooled over and over again for…

• Dollman

★★★★ Watched by Dollman 08 Nov, 2014

Follows a low-tier mob boss and his day-to-day life. Great naturalistic fight scenes. A real rollercoaster.

• chandrukrish24

★★★★ Watched by chandrukrish24 22 Oct, 2014

A Dirty Carnival - Semma. Surely a cut above the rest. Best Korean flick among ones i watched in recent times. #RockSolid #NeoNoir