• Matt Heiser

★★★ Watched by Matt Heiser 17 Sep, 2015

Solid SK gangster film, solid fights and shootouts.

• cxnk

★★★ Watched by cxnk 05 Aug, 2015

a story of low life gangster making desperate moves for a better tomorrow; vicious cycle of power game; will watch again if free; good acting effort by Zo;

< Friend 친구

• JCensor

★½ Watched by JCensor 14 Jul, 2015

That badass playing the guitar and other various instruments during the recurring karaoke was easily the best part of this film.

• sebastian_drogo

★★★½ Watched by sebastian_drogo 04 Jun, 2015

Buon gangster-movie con ottime coreografie di scontri armati e di lotte all'arma bianca.
    Sviscerata l'anima del delinquente, sempre in bilico fra fedeltà al superiore e spinta al tradimento per salire i gradini della carriera

• Kane Le-Petit

★★★★ Added by Kane Le-Petit

Well acted , brutally realistic and just a fantastic overall gangster flick.

• kvnvis

★★★ Watched by kvnvis 20 Feb, 2015

The inhumanities of the gangster life.

Friendships, love and family are all sacrificed when you lead a life as a gangster, and it's not all surprising to me to see this in this film. Having seen countless films and dramas about mobs and triads in Asian cinema, I kind of expected this and this film didn't particularly deliver anything new to impress.

What I liked here was the acting. I'm somewhat of a fan of Jo In Sung and Jin…

• Terése Flynn

★★½ Watched by Terése Flynn 27 Jan, 2015 10

Byung-du have stood in line for the merry-go-round way too long. He's in a hurry to experience the fun of the ride, so he cuts in line. But when he's on the attraction he realizes he wasn't tall enough to ride it. And that is A Dirty Carnival

The first half our or so of a A Dirty Carnival is all about getting to know our low life gangster's motives for wanting to move up in life. To take that…

• Mr. DuLac

★★★½ Watched by Mr. DuLac 01 Dec, 2014 2

Gangster's just a label. I'm not as bad as you think.
    -Kim Byung-doo

The rise of a small time gangster to prominence and his subsequent disastrous fall is hardly new material. Look no further then the films that invented the gangster genre; Little Caesar, The Public Enemy and Scarface. All three films have this exact plot, but not only are they distinctive in their own right, but this core story has been retold and retooled over and over again for…

• Dollman

★★★★ Watched by Dollman 08 Nov, 2014

Follows a low-tier mob boss and his day-to-day life. Great naturalistic fight scenes. A real rollercoaster.

• chandrukrish24

★★★★ Watched by chandrukrish24 22 Oct, 2014

A Dirty Carnival - Semma. Surely a cut above the rest. Best Korean flick among ones i watched in recent times. #RockSolid #NeoNoir

• iceberrie

★★★★ Rewatched by iceberrie 23 Sep, 2014

It may look like a common gangster movie. There’s not exactly heartbreakingly memorable cinematography, either. But… with tender, yet intense performance by In-Seong Jo, the film becomes brilliant.

• Jacob Smith

★★★½ Watched by Jacob Smith 10 Aug, 2014

Technically very well made, with strong themes running through it, but there's something missing to elevate it from being more than just good. Not sure what it was; can't really put my finger on it. Still, a good film. Recommend to fans of the genre.