• Capitan Nudillos

★★½ Watched by Capitan Nudillos 18 Apr, 2014

This is weird, not a bad movie, but not so great.
    Nice for a tv zapping on vacations.

• Beth Jakubowski

★★★ Rewatched by Beth Jakubowski 08 Apr, 2014

An enjoyable romp in the dangerously historically inaccurate medieval England. Watch simply for Paul Bettany's inexplicable Geoffrey Chaucer. Don't watch if throwaway references to Queen songs in the Dark Ages bothers you.

• Aaron T. Rex

★★★½ Rewatched by Aaron T. Rex 03 Apr, 2014 6

This gets by mainly because of a fun cast. It's way too long but it's a good time if you're looking for something easy to watch.

• Scott Johnson

★★★ Rewatched by Scott Johnson 18 Mar, 2014

Robert Barathian, Wash, and The Joker are walking down a path when by chance they meet Jarvis. Hard to believe this movie is 13 years old.

• zedstar

★★★½ Added by zedstar

Nice to watch.
    Nothing special (that's why the rating by me is only 3.5/5), but I liked it very much.
    Funny and intense.

• smellsen

★★½ Added by smellsen

Easy to watch. But not great.

• Matt

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt 15 Mar, 2014

#2 of the Medieval Movie Marathon

The best non-fantasy medieval film I saw to date. Really enjoy the fuck out of this. Mainly because of the 4 main actors/characters and the great screenwriting. Even the extended cut is no second too long I think.
    I don't care much for the pop music they added in though. Still don't really understand why they did it. Is it a lazy attempt at making this appeal more to teenagers?

Nonetheless, really fun and thrilling film with great perfomances from Alan Tudyk, Paul Bettany, Mark Addy and, of course, Heath Ledger.

Highly recommend it.

• Sophie

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sophie 04 Mar, 2014

I love this movie. Heath Ledger at his hottest, James Purefoy and Rufus Sewell being fabulous and Robert Baratheon himself being a reasonable guy. And let's not forget Paul Bettany and Alan Tudyk in the most hilarious bromance ever.

Everything about this movie is over the top, completely unrealistic and absolutely brilliant.

• Ethan Wasdovitch

★★★★ Rewatched by Ethan Wasdovitch 01 Mar, 2014

This movie is a personal favorite (I won't say guilty pleasure). Endless anachronisms and seemingly out of place humor provide the main substance of this period piece about a man who pretends to be a knight to succeed in jousting tournaments. Really funny movie with a ton of great quotes, great soundtrack, and is a ton of fun all around.

• Lisa Gault

★★★½ Watched by Lisa Gault 01 Mar, 2014

"He's quick! He's funny! He makes me loads-a-money, Lichtensteinnnn, Lichensteinnn!"

• Darryl Bowen

★★★★ Rewatched by Darryl Bowen 09 Feb, 2014

My cousin-in-law was over and we were trying to decide on a movie to watch. I suggested this and he agreed. A few minutes into the movie he asks "Wait, where's Martin Lawrence?"

• Sophie

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sophie 25 Jan, 2014

God I love this movie! It's anachronistic, formulaic, historically unbelievably inaccurate, not that greatly acted but so much fun!!!
    Why doesn't grin like an idiot when the spectators at the tournament sing We Will Rock You?
    And Paul Bettany as Chaucer is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to cinema.