• abbie

★★★½ Watched by abbie 19 Feb, 2015

heath <3

• JohnStoppable

★★ Watched by JohnStoppable 15 Feb, 2015

After a young squire finds a way to pass himself off as a bona fide knight, he becomes a jousting champion while romancing an admiring princess.

Really only funny if you are familiar with the Canterbury Tales.

• Ally Berry

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ally Berry 10 Feb, 2015

This is my "feel good be happy laugh lots rock and roll" film. Never fails to make me happy or put me in a booming’ fine mood. I wrecked the original VHS copy I owned years ago but have kept the ruined thing as a well-loved book end on my shelf at home.

Team Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein forever!

• deadmanramsey

★★½ Added by deadmanramsey

53/100

• Matthew Rice

★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Rice 05 Feb, 2015

Just such a fun watch with its goofy cast and cheeky little inserts of todays music and affectations. That semi-silliness is balanced out with some of the most effective and brutal horse action sequences I've seen on film. It could have been so easy to accidentally make the many jousting scenes get boring but each one is a rousing enough to make you want to cheer from the couch.
    The female lead had some cringeworthy lines that made her character…

• Christopher

★★★½ Rewatched by Christopher 30 Jan, 2015

Middle Ages with some Queen and other classic music thrown in? Not bad at all. It's not very accurate and shows jousting under a very modern light, but it works anyway. This is probably my second favourite Heath Ledger role (his best being the Joker from The Dark Knight), he really sells it for me. The cast is alright, but does have some spotlights. Doesn't get perfect score as there are other Medieval movies that just do it much much better, but this is still a classic film for me and always worth watching.

• Chris Sumner

★★★ Rewatched by Chris Sumner 25 Jan, 2015

"Hey Freddy!
    Freddy It's your cousin Marvin, Marvin Mercury.
    You know that new sound you've been looking for?
    Well listen to this! "

• rhadamanthysscc

★★★★ Added by rhadamanthysscc

Surprisingly good fun all around.

The cast do a terrific job, especially Bettany and Ledger, there's some very clever use of music throughout the film and there are a number of neat historical/literary touches, especially around Bettany's Chaucer.

• Luke McGowan

★★★½ Added by Luke McGowan

Nothing about this movie should work, and yet it does at most levels. Some struggle to get past the identity crisis of featuring 20th century rock in a medieval tale, but it does well to set this movie apart from countless others. The jousting is the high point of the tournament and makes for some very interesting visuals. The plot moves in predictable directions at most turns, but that doesn't make it less enjoyable, thanks to good lead performances by Ledger and a highlight from Bettany. Recommended.

• Bryan Anthony

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bryan Anthony 11 Jan, 2015

Heath Ledger would have made a better Thor than Chris Hemsworth. That is what was screaming at me the entire time I watched this movie.

Love this click though. The anachronistic soundtrack is perfect and sets the tone for a silly but fun movie.

• Tristiac

★★★½ Rewatched by Tristiac 10 Jan, 2015

Goofy and at least a half-hour too long, but the cast is immensely likable and the sports movie formula tends to work on me.

• andre luiz

★★★★ Watched by andre luiz 10 Jan, 2015

uma trilha sonora, humor e ideias modernas, mas ambientado na idade média. sensacional!