• fakelaurent

★★★★★ Watched by fakelaurent 10 Oct, 2013

WE WALK IN THE GARDEN OF HIS TURBULENCE

• michelle

★★½ Watched by michelle 19 Jul, 2016

Way too long with a boring dad soundtrack that did not mesh with the period.

Sossamon and Ledger gave a charming performance.

• andreia

★★★½ Watched by andreia 19 Jul, 2016

"You have been weighed."
    "You have been measured."
    "And you have absolutely..."
    "Been found wanting."
    "Welcome to New World."

And God save James Purefoy.

• Rose

★★★★ Watched by Rose 16 Jul, 2016

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

• Menrad

★★★½ Watched by Menrad 11 Jul, 2016 4

Heartful movie, served by a great cast, about friendship, love and honor. You have to forget all anachronisms, historical mistakes and poor geographics: this movie is not a historical reconstruction. The soundtrack is here to remember it right from the beginning, roaring Queen's "Will We Rock You" at a joust competition ! This just a simple and perfect movie to put a smile on your face.

• matt lynch

★★★★ Rewatched by matt lynch 08 Jul, 2016

A total blast, literate and campy and really self-consciously "modern" and just so much fun. I'm hard pressed to think of anything else really like it other than that "Taming of the Shrew" episode of "Moonlighting". Also I never get tired of the slo-mo shots of splintering lances, and I'd happily watch a whole movie about Bettany's Chaucer and his amazing Medieval Michael Buffer shtick.

• Justin Gerber

★★★ Added by Justin Gerber

Shouldn't work as well as it does...but it does. Solid performances by Ledger, Addy, Tudyk, and I guess the others. Are modern songs played during dances? Yes. Did I vomit? No. A charming sense of self can let a movie go a long way, and this is one of those movies. R.I.P. Ledger. Glad you're still with us, rest-of-cast!

• Laura Stanciu

★★★ Added by Laura Stanciu

loved the 90's kinda twist that this medieval themed film had

• somethingdani

★★★ Rewatched by somethingdani 22 May, 2016

2000 and late

• Kenny_Kidding

★★★ Watched by Kenny_Kidding 19 Jun, 2016

"Change your stars. And live a better life than I have."

In my high school Medieval History/Literature class, we read the first of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, titled The Knight's Tale. When we had finished the story, and discussed all of its themes and historical significance and whatnot, we had an assignment. To watch the movie A Knight's Tale in class and write a movie review on it, comparing it to the original Chaucer story in terms of themes, characters, plot,…

• Neal Chambers

★★★ Watched by Neal Chambers 05 Jun, 2016

This is a pretty interesting tale. It's a typical Cinderella story. Pretty good overall, but I thought the ending was a bit weird. The pacing felt pretty good until that point and then it got a little wonky.

The weirdest thing about this film was the addition of modern music. I thought it was a good way to pump up the vibe of the film, but it seemed like the director wasn't sure enough of himself to commit fully to…

• jacksonwells123

★★★★ Added by jacksonwells123

very funny and very captivating