• Charlie Derry

★★★★ Rewatched by Charlie Derry 30 Nov, 2014

This is such a fun film! And the cast - Heath Ledger, Paul Bettany, Mark Addy, Alan Tudyk - are perfect together. I just love this film so much. There's so many great historical references and the modern twist works perfectly. It's one of my favourite re-watchable films, because it makes me laugh every time.

• Matt Taylor

★★★½ Watched by Matt Taylor 09 Dec, 2014

It's truly remarkable to see how entertaining "A Knight's Tale" is. A combination of medieval action and pop culture extravagance, this is a really unique way of telling a not-so unique story. Those who hate anachronisms will undoubtedly walk away annoyed, but I found the whole affair to be first-class breezy entertainment.

Heath Ledger has charisma to spare and Shannyn Sossamon (why didn't she become a big star??) channels Audrey Hepburn as a compelling romantic couple that propel this familiar…

• Susan Howson

Watched by Susan Howson 03 Dec, 2014

Gee whillikers, this movie is dumb! A quick vehicle to get Heath (RIP!) into the spotlight/teen hearts, nobody thought too much about what the heck was going on. The anachronisms are stupid and distracting, and aren't really consistent enough to even be a thing. Oh, now you guys are dancing to Bowie...that jives fantastically with how you were rocking out to Queen earlier.

But the very worst of the worst--Shannyn Sossamon is gruesomely miscast as the medieval love interest. I'm…

• Adrian Zachow

★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 24 Nov, 2014

It would seem that through it's anachronistic soundtrack and punk attitude, director Brian Helgeland was trying to paint a picture of competitive jousting in the Middle Ages to be as rockin' as modern mainstream sports, but A Knight's Tale's tongue in cheek approach is never really funny, and the jousting itself comes off generally boring due to an aloof visual treatment. However, after a long while and a shallow romantic plot notwithstanding, the film does lead to a fairly rousing final tournament where Heath Ledger (in good form for what it's worth) does get to dispatch the slimy baddie and win the girl.

• moviedave

★★★ Rewatched by moviedave 09 Nov, 2014

Just watched this on the telly, again!

A quaint little, light hearted medieval story of a commoner who poses as a noble so he can enter Jousting tournaments and win money and fame.

With a great modern soundtrack, which funnily enough fits really well into the story set in the middle ages.

Fun and action packed.

• Andrew Liverod

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Liverod 09 Nov, 2014

From the opening joust fought to the tune of "We Will Rock You we know we're in for something a little different. Medieval tournaments crossed with modern day football, celebrity, and The Canterbury Tales, soundtracked with classic rock. Sounds awful? Well, it isn't and I'll take a lance to any knave that says otherwise!

A great big glorious mess of a movie and I love it!

• markdlarson

★★½ Rewatched by markdlarson 11 Oct, 2014

Very historically accurate, and you can’t beat the "Golden Years" dance scene.

• Barrington

★★★★★ Rewatched by Barrington 18 Oct, 2014

Alan Tudyk at his best.

• UliCain

★★ Rewatched by UliCain 14 Oct, 2014

All the ingredients are there for a good film, but then it panders down to a teenage crowd. Ledger was good, Addy was quite good as was Laura Fraser, and Sewell and Bettany were very good.

This could be improved with a patient, mature edit, remove the classic rock tracks and the bits of hokiness, focus the drama and the humor and a stronger film would emerge.

• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

A knights tale starts out well but becomes predictable and cliche.

• MiguelSolo

★★★½ Watched by MiguelSolo 09 Oct, 2014

Toma el enfoque tradicional de las películas de deportes y lo introduce en una ambientación medieval. "Destino de Caballero" es una simpática y amena película enfocada enteramente en el entretenimiento puro y duro, y que es consciente en todo momento de cuales son sus virtudes: su liviano tono y sus amigables personajes.

• ndoane

★★★★ Rewatched by ndoane 03 Oct, 2014

The first 1.5 hours are a a delightfully wonderful movie. All the core actors have hilarious lines. Bettany and Tudyk have never been better can't believe that it's been over 7 years since I last saw it.

It is too bad they gave up on the comedy and fun after they got to England.

And it's surprising to see Bérénice Bejo in such a tiny role after having seen where her career goes.