• Christopher

★★★½ Rewatched by Christopher 30 Jan, 2015

Middle Ages with some Queen and other classic music thrown in? Not bad at all. It's not very accurate and shows jousting under a very modern light, but it works anyway. This is probably my second favourite Heath Ledger role (his best being the Joker from The Dark Knight), he really sells it for me. The cast is alright, but does have some spotlights. Doesn't get perfect score as there are other Medieval movies that just do it much much better, but this is still a classic film for me and always worth watching.

• Chris Sumner

★★★ Rewatched by Chris Sumner 25 Jan, 2015

"Hey Freddy!
    Freddy It's your cousin Marvin, Marvin Mercury.
    You know that new sound you've been looking for?
    Well listen to this! "

• rhadamanthysscc

★★★★ Added by rhadamanthysscc

Surprisingly good fun all around.

The cast do a terrific job, especially Bettany and Ledger, there's some very clever use of music throughout the film and there are a number of neat historical/literary touches, especially around Bettany's Chaucer.

• Luke McGowan

★★★½ Added by Luke McGowan

Nothing about this movie should work, and yet it does at most levels. Some struggle to get past the identity crisis of featuring 20th century rock in a medieval tale, but it does well to set this movie apart from countless others. The jousting is the high point of the tournament and makes for some very interesting visuals. The plot moves in predictable directions at most turns, but that doesn't make it less enjoyable, thanks to good lead performances by Ledger and a highlight from Bettany. Recommended.

• Bryan Anthony

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bryan Anthony 11 Jan, 2015

Heath Ledger would have made a better Thor than Chris Hemsworth. That is what was screaming at me the entire time I watched this movie.

Love this click though. The anachronistic soundtrack is perfect and sets the tone for a silly but fun movie.

• Tristiac

★★★½ Rewatched by Tristiac 10 Jan, 2015

Goofy and at least a half-hour too long, but the cast is immensely likable and the sports movie formula tends to work on me.

• andre luiz

★★★★ Watched by andre luiz 10 Jan, 2015

uma trilha sonora, humor e ideias modernas, mas ambientado na idade média. sensacional!

• Ian Anderson

★★★★ Rewatched by Ian Anderson 08 Jan, 2015

A tongue in cheek comedy about a servant who takes his dead master's armour, impersonates a knight and competes in tournaments to earn the money to return to England.

With a sound track of well know pop songs (e.g. "We Will Rock You" by Queen) and witty dialog (the William has 4 sidekicks) it pokes fun at costume dramas, our perceptions of medieval life and modern sports fans.

He's blond, he's pissed, he'll see you in the lists, Lichtenstein! Lichtenstein! He's blond, he's tanned, he comes from Gelderland, he comes from Gelderland! Gelderland, Gelderland, Gelderland... Gelderland, Gelderland, Gelderland...

• connor little

★★★½ Added by connor little

Heath ledger is great but the real stanot is Paul bettany, who steals every scene he is in. And let's not forget the kickass soundtrack

• TheGreatFaggles

★★★★ Added by TheGreatFaggles

Another brilliant performance by Heath Ledger. An interesting take on Medieval Europe. Knights Jousting plus Queen, what could go wrong?

• El Grizo

★★★½ Watched by El Grizo 21 Dec, 2014

"We walk in the garden of his turbulence!"

• Charlie Derry

★★★★ Rewatched by Charlie Derry 30 Nov, 2014

This is such a fun film! And the cast - Heath Ledger, Paul Bettany, Mark Addy, Alan Tudyk - are perfect together. I just love this film so much. There's so many great historical references and the modern twist works perfectly. It's one of my favourite re-watchable films, because it makes me laugh every time.