• Xplodera

★★½ Rewatched by Xplodera 23 Jun, 2015

“Now I got their attention, you go and win their hearts”

I saw A Knight’s Tale at a fairly young age but could barely remember anything from it before I rewatched it recently and it was quickly obvious why – because basically everything here is so middle-of-the-road that it’s easy to forget before the movie is even over. It’s not exactly a bad movie though, Heath Ledger – though far from Brokeback Mountain-level – fits perfectly and there’s some really…

• WingManLefty

★★★½ Watched by WingManLefty 26 Jun, 2015

7.5 out of 10

• neglify19

★★½ Watched by neglify19 18 Jun, 2015

Film #30 of The "Scavenger Hunt #3" Challenge
    Item #30: A film depicting medieval times
    letterboxd.com/neglify19/list/scavenger-hunt-3/

I don't know how Brian Helgeland can go from writing the brilliant adaptation of L.A. Confidential, then the great-but-flawed Payback, to a romantic jousting comedy aimed at teens. I guess he wanted to expand his genres. If he wrote better scripts his career might not have tanked. The only good thing about this movie is the soundtrack. Other than that, you're better off just watching the trailer.

• Meral

★★ Watched by Meral 10 Jun, 2015

Funny, sometimes a bit boring... Jocelyn is annoying yeah..
    O.K. movie I guess. I like Heath Ledger, so if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have watched the movie at all.

Let's say the main reason for me to watch this was because of my curiosity.

• Dora

★★★½ Rewatched by Dora 07 Jun, 2015

- "To trudge: the slow, weary, depressing yet determined walk of a man who has nothing left in life except the impulse to simply soldier on."
    - "Uhhh... were you robbed?"
    - "Funny really, yes, but at the same time a huge resounding no. It's more of an... involuntary vow of poverty... really."

I've always loved to rewatch this film whenever I happen to come across it on TV. It's funny, charming and so... likable!

• Caitz

Watched by Caitz 08 May, 2015

Had to watch this at school. Fairly painful.

• Justin Scott

★★★★½ Added by Justin Scott

I think this movie is very underrated. SUPER fun movie. Heath Ledger is charming and convincing and I love all the characters!

• Richard Webber

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Webber 05 May, 2015

What a joy to revisit. A period romp with flagrant pop anachronisms that shouldn't work but really sings. It has brilliant cameos (Paul Bettany having a literate ball, Rufus Sewell perfectly playing wastrel nobility), Heath Ledger in his early days seducing the camera like he'd been doing it for a lifetime, and a visual/design commitment to the period and action which feel authentic and visceral. That AKT doesn't sink under the weight of its own technicolour coat of contrasting elements…

• Kel

★★★★ Watched by Kel 01 May, 2015

I'm not even going to try and write a serious review for this film. I don't understand why this mess works, but it does, and it's marvelous to watch.

• mgreenholt

★★½ Watched by mgreenholt 28 Apr, 2015

Robert Baratheon, The Joker, Wash, Lydia Rodarte-Quayle, and The Vision walk into a bar... I mean, a Medieval Times...

The cast did a good job, but it was kind of cheesy. I don't really get the music thing, and maybe that would have worked better if it happened more often throughout the movie. You start to forget that they're doing that, and then 20 minutes later... Surprise! Classic rock!

• Lauren

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lauren 28 Apr, 2015

"Change your stars and live a better life than I have."

A Knight's Tale follows a group of poor misfits who fake their way to the top of the Jousting circuit in 1370's France and England. What begins as a means to win money for food quickly evolves into keeping our main misfit, William Thatcher's true identity a secret. You see, only those of noble birth may compete in the joust, and William is the son of a blind thatcher.…

• JaySalahi