• TristanD5

★★★★ Rewatched by TristanD5 23 Aug, 2016

Solid feel-good fun reminiscent of old fashioned charm. Anachronistic music and attitudes are a nice touch, as is Ledger's charismatic performance.

• TheWriter EXCIDIVMFERO

★★★★ Watched by TheWriter EXCIDIVMFERO 11 Aug, 2016

Infravaloradísima comedia deportiva ambientada en la Edad Media.

Estuve flipando durante todo su metraje. Los personajes son tremendamente carismáticos y agradables, al villano quieres matarlo nada más verlo y el humor que salpica toda la historia está muy bien escogido. Tiene una banda sonora muy original para estar ambientada en este período y un montón de easter eggs en forma de name dropping para los aficionados a la época medieval.

Ver estas ideas y comportamientos caballerescos rodados y montados de forma tan actualizada añade una dimensión muy especial al cuento de William.

He will rock you, indeed.

• Chris

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 08 Aug, 2016

Amazingly, this still holds up after years, and I forgot how much I completely love it's approach to the times with modern music and gleeful sense of fun!

• FullscreenUser

★★★★½ Watched by FullscreenUser 06 Aug, 2016

"Well the Pope may be French, but Jesus is English. You're on."

Watched as part of 98-01 week.

Brian Helgeland has made both excellent (Mystic River) and awful (Man on Fire) scripts over his career. This film, which he also directed, is thankfully in the former category.

A Knight's Tale is a wonderful popcorn movie. It has almost everything you want from a summer blockbuster - a great sports story, a realistic romance, memorable supporting characters, excellent one-liners, sweeping cinematography,…

• fakelaurent

★★★★★ Watched by fakelaurent 10 Oct, 2013

WE WALK IN THE GARDEN OF HIS TURBULENCE

• michelle

★★½ Watched by michelle 19 Jul, 2016

Way too long with a boring dad soundtrack that did not mesh with the period.

Sossamon and Ledger gave a charming performance.

• andreia

★★★½ Watched by andreia 19 Jul, 2016

"You have been weighed."
    "You have been measured."
    "And you have absolutely..."
    "Been found wanting."
    "Welcome to New World."

And God save James Purefoy.

• :^)

★★★★ Watched by :^) 16 Jul, 2016

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

• Menrad

★★★½ Watched by Menrad 11 Jul, 2016 4

Heartful movie, served by a great cast, about friendship, love and honor. You have to forget all anachronisms, historical mistakes and poor geographics: this movie is not a historical reconstruction. The soundtrack is here to remember it right from the beginning, roaring Queen's "Will We Rock You" at a joust competition ! This just a simple and perfect movie to put a smile on your face.

• matt lynch

★★★★ Rewatched by matt lynch 08 Jul, 2016

A total blast, literate and campy and really self-consciously "modern" and just so much fun. I'm hard pressed to think of anything else really like it other than that "Taming of the Shrew" episode of "Moonlighting". Also I never get tired of the slo-mo shots of splintering lances, and I'd happily watch a whole movie about Bettany's Chaucer and his amazing Medieval Michael Buffer shtick.

• Justin Gerber

★★★ Added by Justin Gerber

Shouldn't work as well as it does...but it does. Solid performances by Ledger, Addy, Tudyk, and I guess the others. Are modern songs played during dances? Yes. Did I vomit? No. A charming sense of self can let a movie go a long way, and this is one of those movies. R.I.P. Ledger. Glad you're still with us, rest-of-cast!

• laura stanciu