• Martin Teller

★★★ Watched by Martin Teller 31 Aug, 2014

This was a mixed bag. I really liked the band of characters surrounding William Thatcher (Heath Ledger). Roland (Mark Addy), Wat (Alan Tudyk), Geoffrey Chaucer (Paul Bettany, and yes, that Geoffrey Chaucer) and later Kate (Laura Fraser) are a terrific little group. Bettany in particular really shines, his stuff here is always incredibly entertaining (notwithstanding the hacky “I’ll be here all week” line, which I won’t blame him for). I haven’t read “Canterbury Tales” since high school, and even then…

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Glorious anachronism and delicious chemistry among its actors add enough style to turn this otherwise average sports flick into an enjoyable bout.

• Crystal

★★★★ Rewatched by Crystal 06 Sep, 2014

I can't watch this movie enough.

• Mischka

★★★½ Watched by Mischka 31 Aug, 2014

Who cares about anachronisms when you have Heath Ledger running around having a great time!

• Robert Saucedo

★★★½ Rewatched by Robert Saucedo 10 Aug, 2014

I don't care what anybody says - I love A KNIGHT'S TALE something fierce. The film is effortlessly fun, features a great ensemble cast of likable characters and knows exactly what kind of film it wants to be - a goofy, earnest puppy dog of a movie that just wants to be rubbed behind the ears. Pretty people doing daring deeds, goofing with historical precedent and just generally charming the pants off audience. It's OK for a movie to just be fun every once and a while. Get that jousting stick out of your but and remember how to be human!

• Jared Mobarak

★★★½ Watched by Jared Mobarak 03 Aug, 2014

• Kirk Gospel

★★★½ Watched by Kirk Gospel 03 Aug, 2014

This was way funnier than i thought it was going to be. Alan Tudyk is perfect, as is Mark Addy and the rest. The inclusion of modern music and modernish idioms and language was a little bit weird but also gave it a charm.

• fixbane

★★★½ Added by fixbane

for being the movie he was famous for before tdk, it's actually not the greatest

but okay

• Steven Flores

Rewatched by Steven Flores 31 Jul, 2014

A very adventurous and fun film that has Heath Ledger kicking ass as a peasant who becomes a knight while Alan Tudyk is mocked for dancing like.... a girl!

• Pat_Mtl

★★★ Rewatched by Pat_Mtl 25 Jul, 2014

Not a favourite of mine but my wife enjoy it. One must do some sacrifices at times :-)

• Richard Trapp

★½ Watched by Richard Trapp 09 Jul, 2014

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?"

The cast are the only ones that bring any sort of energy to the spiritless material of A Knight's Tale. The anachronistic modern soundtrack is kind of cool, but not used very much and there's no rousing sense of adventure that I expect in this kind of movie. All that and there's no fun to be had at all.

• Samira Ahmed

★★★ Watched by Samira Ahmed 06 Jul, 2014

Strangely enjoyable, (thank heavens for teenage children to watch it with) which can only be down to such a terrific cast. The romantic plot drags out with pointless twists. But Paul Bettany has an interesting almost equally prominent role as Ledger and the friendship of Ledger's gang is the charm that keeps you engaged. Essentially Bill & Ted like but with a bit more emotional torment. Cazenove is especially good. And like that pretty blond Shane Briant from the Hammer films…