• Justin Scott

★★★★½ Added by Justin Scott

I think this movie is very underrated. SUPER fun movie. Heath Ledger is charming and convincing and I love all the characters!

• Richard Webber

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Webber 05 May, 2015

What a joy to revisit. A period romp with flagrant pop anachronisms that shouldn't work but really sing, brilliant cameos (Paul Bettany having a literate ball, Rufus Sewell perfectly playing wastrel nobility), Heath Ledger in his early days seducing the camera like he'd been doing it for a lifetime, and a visual/design commitment to the period and action which feel authentic and visceral. That AKT doesn't sink under the weight of its rainbow variety of contrasting elements is a credit…

• Kel

★★★★ Watched by Kel 01 May, 2015

I'm not even going to try and write a serious review for this film. I don't understand why this mess works, but it does, and it's wonderful to watch.

• mgreenholt

★★½ Watched by mgreenholt 28 Apr, 2015

Robert Baratheon, The Joker, Wash, Lydia Rodarte-Quayle, and The Vision walk into a bar... I mean, a Medieval Times...

The cast did a good job, but it was kind of cheesy. I don't really get the music thing, and maybe that would have worked better if it happened more often throughout the movie. You start to forget that they're doing that, and then 20 minutes later... Surprise! Classic rock!

• Lauren

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lauren 28 Apr, 2015

"Change your stars and live a better life than I have."

A Knight's Tale follows a group of poor misfits who fake their way to the top of the Jousting circuit in 1370's France and England. What begins as a means to win money for food quickly evolves into keeping our main misfit, William Thatcher's true identity a secret. You see, only those of noble birth may compete in the joust, and William is the son of a blind thatcher.…

• JaySalahi

★★½ Watched by JaySalahi 28 Apr, 2015

C+ (79)

• Matthew Gorman

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Gorman 27 Apr, 2015

Heath Ledger stars as William, a squire who fakes his way into a battle match that only knights can enter in this comedy action film that uses contemporary music during montage scenes to give it a very interesting tone. Highly recommended.

• earlofportland

★★½ Watched by earlofportland 24 Apr, 2015

Cheesy and predictable. An odd mashup of a period piece and modern fashion and music. Characters are generically good or evil. It is saved by the brilliance of Paul Bettany, Alan Tudyk, and Mark Addy. Overall it's an easily fun flick to turn your brain off and enjoy.

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Watched by Andy Summers 22 Apr, 2015

When you look back at Heath Ledger's filmography you can see an actor who wasn't afraid to mix it up. From drug addicts to romantic legends, bohemian skateboarding pioneers to gay cowboys, and his defining performance as an unhinged schizophrenic psychopath in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, Ledger could immerse himself totally in a role. Some say that may have caused his demise, and if that is the case, then it's a shame a young man's dedication to his craft…

• kcallisch

★★★½ Added by kcallisch

Music is fantastic with the contrast of the age in which the film was based on. Fantastic movie.

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

Great sets, costumes (and I always forget how funny this movie was). Plus, dancing? Yes, please!

• Garrett Peace

★★½ Watched by Garrett Peace 10 Apr, 2015

This isn't really that great of a movie, but it did introduce me to Bowie and "Golden Years." I'm fond of it for that and other reasons.