• Kel

★★★★ Watched by Kel 01 May, 2015

I'm not even going to try and write a serious review for this film. I don't understand why this mess works, but it does, and it's wonderful to watch.

• mgreenholt

★★½ Watched by mgreenholt 28 Apr, 2015

Robert Baratheon, The Joker, Wash, Lydia Rodarte-Quayle, and The Vision walk into a bar... I mean, a Medieval Times...

The cast did a good job, but it was kind of cheesy. I don't really get the music thing, and maybe that would have worked better if it happened more often throughout the movie. You start to forget that they're doing that, and then 20 minutes later... Surprise! Classic rock!

• Lauren

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lauren 28 Apr, 2015

"Change your stars and live a better life than I have."

A Knight's Tale follows a group of poor misfits who fake their way to the top of the Jousting circuit in 1370's France and England. What begins as a means to win money for food quickly evolves into keeping our main misfit, William Thatcher's true identity a secret. You see, only those of noble birth may compete in the joust, and William is the son of a blind thatcher.…

• JaySalahi

★★½ Watched by JaySalahi 28 Apr, 2015

C+ (79)

• Matthew Gorman

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Gorman 27 Apr, 2015

Heath Ledger stars as William, a squire who fakes his way into a battle match that only knights can enter in this comedy action film that uses contemporary music during montage scenes to give it a very interesting tone. Highly recommended.

• earlofportland

★★½ Watched by earlofportland 24 Apr, 2015

Cheesy and predictable. An odd mashup of a period piece and modern fashion and music. Characters are generically good or evil. It is saved by the brilliance of Paul Bettany, Alan Tudyk, and Mark Addy. Overall it's an easily fun flick to turn your brain off and enjoy.

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Watched by Andy Summers 22 Apr, 2015

When you look back at Heath Ledger's filmography you can see an actor who wasn't afraid to mix it up. From drug addicts to romantic legends, bohemian skateboarding pioneers to gay cowboys, and his defining performance as an unhinged schizophrenic psychopath in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, Ledger could immerse himself totally in a role. Some say that may have caused his demise, and if that is the case, then it's a shame a young man's dedication to his craft…

• kcallisch

★★★½ Added by kcallisch

Music is fantastic with the contrast of the age in which the film was based on. Fantastic movie.

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

Great sets, costumes (and I always forget how funny this movie was). Plus, dancing? Yes, please!

• Garrett Peace

★★½ Watched by Garrett Peace 10 Apr, 2015

This isn't really that great of a movie, but it did introduce me to Bowie and "Golden Years." I'm fond of it for that and other reasons.

• Rick Bman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rick Bman 05 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Fuck it. I unashamedly love everything about this movie.

I get really choked up during the scene where he is found out and everyone wants him to run but her refuses to do so.

Then when he is in the stocks and his friends come to protect him. "God love you, William. So do I."

And then when he gets Knighted.

And then when his father comes to the tournament and Chaucer announces him as "the son of John Thatcher... sir WILLIAM THATCHER!"

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."

• Brett Leach

★★★★ Watched by Brett Leach 25 Mar, 2015

Really fun movie with a great cast. I can't believe it took me this long to see it.