• Cameron Wayne Johnson

★★½ Rewatched by Cameron Wayne Johnson 02 May, 2016

Before he was Joker, Heath Ledger was Jouster, in a film that was also about a knight, and about as overlong and overwrought as this. I have grown to enjoy poking fun at people for overrating "The Dark Knight", though I'm probably going to get enough scrutiny for being underwhelmed by this film like, well, most critics. This is a bit of an audience favorite, and I can't say I'm surprised, because where your usual medieval epic is boring to…

• Christopher Lutz

★★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Lutz 30 Apr, 2016

A very well done movie that is in a category all it's own, A Knight's Tale was ahead of it's time. So much heart, great writing, great casting, and a killer soundtrack. I guess people just didn't know what to make of it at first glance, which is a shame because it's fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Claire

★★★ Watched by Claire 17 Apr, 2016

heath ledger is v v v v v cute

• Rainey Dawn

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rainey Dawn 01 Jul, 2014

Visually Stimulating

I love this movie!! It is reminiscent of the Arthurian legend in it's own respect and visually captures the medieval time era in an exciting and romanticized way. The movie does justice to the rumors and stories we hear about the legendary tournaments of the knights.

The most stimulating parts of the movie are obviously the jousting contests. It is thrilling to watch the men on horseback with their lances battling it out for victory.

A good movie…

• Gary Bartram

★★★ Rewatched by Gary Bartram 27 Mar, 2016

Fun with a capital F!

• jayemefff

★★★★★ Rewatched by jayemefff 05 Apr, 2016

Heath ledger is the absolute love of my live I cry every time I watch this just bc I miss him so much

• voidember

★★★★½ Added by voidember

This movie is so good. It's the kind you watch endlessly and still never tire of, equal parts hilarious, sexy, and exhilarating. The cast is perfect, from Ledger's erstwhile and charming William (or Ulrich von Lichtenstein, if you please), Shannyn Sossamon's coy and spirited Jocelyn, Paul Bettany's show-stopping turn as an outrageous Geoffrey Chaucer (his introductory scene is buck-naked, and this is my favorite role of his), Rufus Sewell as the dastardly and devilish Count Adhemar (ugh, I love Rufus…

• Ila

Added by Ila

formative shit

• Neil Coulter

★★★★ Watched by Neil Coulter 24 Mar, 2016

We missed this when it was in the theater, because the previews looked dumb. But when years later we watched it on DVD, it instantly became one of our favorites. A Knight's Tale is a movie that always makes me happy whenever I watch it, and I watch it about once a year.

It's really little more than a sports movie, following the same formula as almost all sports movies do. What sets this one apart is the characters, the…

• Amelia

★★★ Rewatched by Amelia 23 Mar, 2016

Sometimes the weather is garbage and you simply feel like watching Heath Ledger being a babe in a perfectly adequate (if totally unremarkable) piece of early-2000s fluff.

• JonTheMantis

★★★★ Watched by JonTheMantis 20 Mar, 2016

Yet another movie I was pleasantly surprised by. The plot was engaging, the comedy was as light as it needed to be, and the cast was great. I don't remember the last time I was impressed at a film's creative camera shots while I was watching it. It was a satisfying movie, and everything it needed to be; it's Shrek's humour without the fairytale aspect.

• Victoria