• markdlarson

★★½ Rewatched by markdlarson 11 Oct, 2014

Very historically accurate, and you can’t beat the "Golden Years" dance scene.

• Barrington

★★★★★ Rewatched by Barrington 18 Oct, 2014

Alan Tudyk at his best.

• UliCain

★★ Rewatched by UliCain 14 Oct, 2014

All the ingredients are there for a good film, but then it panders down to a teenage crowd. Ledger was good, Addy was quite good as was Laura Fraser, and Sewell and Bettany were very good.

This could be improved with a patient, mature edit, remove the classic rock tracks and the bits of hokiness, focus the drama and the humor and a stronger film would emerge.

• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

A knights tale starts out well but becomes predictable and cliche.

• MiguelSolo

★★★½ Watched by MiguelSolo 09 Oct, 2014

Toma el enfoque tradicional de las películas de deportes y lo introduce en una ambientación medieval. "Destino de Caballero" es una simpática y amena película enfocada enteramente en el entretenimiento puro y duro, y que es consciente en todo momento de cuales son sus virtudes: su liviano tono y sus amigables personajes.

• ndoane

★★★★ Rewatched by ndoane 03 Oct, 2014

The first 1.5 hours are a a delightfully wonderful movie. All the core actors have hilarious lines. Bettany and Tudyk have never been better can't believe that it's been over 7 years since I last saw it.

It is too bad they gave up on the comedy and fun after they got to England.

And it's surprising to see Bérénice Bejo in such a tiny role after having seen where her career goes.

• Sam Donchess

★★★ Watched by Sam Donchess 26 Sep, 2014

I think I'm being too generous on this one. For some reason, I had it built up in my head that this was going to be a bit more hardboiled than how it turned out. Well, maybe not hardboiled... but less, I don't know, fun? The modern music was fine, but the flat lighting and goofy camerawork was extremely unsettling even for an anachronistic comedy. I can't hate on it too badly though - Heath Ledger and Shannyn Sossamon hamming it up medieval style will provide for more enjoyable future viewings. And this might be Paul Bettany's best role (of the films I've seen him in).

• Martin Teller

★★★ Watched by Martin Teller 31 Aug, 2014

This was a mixed bag. I really liked the band of characters surrounding William Thatcher (Heath Ledger). Roland (Mark Addy), Wat (Alan Tudyk), Geoffrey Chaucer (Paul Bettany, and yes, that Geoffrey Chaucer) and later Kate (Laura Fraser) are a terrific little group. Bettany in particular really shines, his stuff here is always incredibly entertaining (notwithstanding the hacky “I’ll be here all week” line, which I won’t blame him for). I haven’t read “Canterbury Tales” since high school, and even then…

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Glorious anachronism and delicious chemistry among its actors add enough style to turn this otherwise average sports flick into an enjoyable bout.

• Crystal

★★★★ Rewatched by Crystal 06 Sep, 2014

I can't watch this movie enough.

• Mischka

★★★½ Watched by Mischka 31 Aug, 2014

Who cares about anachronisms when you have Heath Ledger running around having a great time!

• Robert Saucedo

★★★½ Rewatched by Robert Saucedo 10 Aug, 2014

I don't care what anybody says - I love A KNIGHT'S TALE something fierce. The film is effortlessly fun, features a great ensemble cast of likable characters and knows exactly what kind of film it wants to be - a goofy, earnest puppy dog of a movie that just wants to be rubbed behind the ears. Pretty people doing daring deeds, goofing with historical precedent and just generally charming the pants off audience. It's OK for a movie to just be fun every once and a while. Get that jousting stick out of your but and remember how to be human!