• Einyel

★★★½ Rewatched by Einyel 23 Jul, 2015

Me sigue haciendo mucha gracia con sus anacronismos descarados y sus actores pasándoselo bien, también llega a tocarme la fibra cuando se lo propone, y porque para el batiburrillo que es podría haber sido un desastre, pero se nota que está hecho con corazón.

Por cierto, que Sony en 2005 anunció que reembolsarían 5 dólares a todo aquél que hubiera ido al cine (para esta o para El Hombre Sin Sombra, entre otras) llevado por las recomendaciones de un crítico que se habían inventado para promocionar sus películas a inicios del milenio. Mad world.

• Irtaza Raza

★★★ Watched by Irtaza Raza 23 Jul, 2015

I wish I had seen this movie when I was a kid , would've absolutely loved it! Loved Knights movies when I was a kid.
    Nonetheless a great , and it got better and better as it progressed. Had humor , romance , friendship , family , battles , everything you want. Great watch. And fantastic acting by Heath Ledger as always. Awesome soundtracks too!

• mfulton

★★★½ Added by mfulton

B

• wabbit

★★★ Watched by wabbit 16 Jul, 2015

Rock n Roll jousting. A good knight for everyone.

• Xplodera

★★½ Rewatched by Xplodera 23 Jun, 2015

“Now I got their attention, you go and win their hearts”

I saw A Knight’s Tale at a fairly young age but could barely remember anything from it before I rewatched it recently and it was quickly obvious why – because basically everything here is so middle-of-the-road that it’s easy to forget before the movie is even over. It’s not exactly a bad movie though, Heath Ledger – though far from Brokeback Mountain-level – fits perfectly and there’s some really…

• WingManLefty

★★★½ Watched by WingManLefty 26 Jun, 2015

7.5 out of 10

• neglify19

★★½ Watched by neglify19 18 Jun, 2015

Film #30 of The "Scavenger Hunt #3" Challenge
    Item #30: A film depicting medieval times
    letterboxd.com/neglify19/list/scavenger-hunt-3/

I don't know how Brian Helgeland can go from writing the brilliant adaptation of L.A. Confidential, then the great-but-flawed Payback, to a romantic jousting comedy aimed at teens. I guess he wanted to expand his genres. If he wrote better scripts his career might not have tanked. The only good thing about this movie is the soundtrack. Other than that, you're better off just watching the trailer.

• Meral

★★ Watched by Meral 10 Jun, 2015

Funny, sometimes a bit boring... Jocelyn is annoying yeah..
    O.K. movie I guess. I like Heath Ledger, so if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have watched the movie at all.

Let's say the main reason for me to watch this was because of my curiosity.

• Dora

★★★½ Rewatched by Dora 07 Jun, 2015

- "To trudge: the slow, weary, depressing yet determined walk of a man who has nothing left in life except the impulse to simply soldier on."
    - "Uhhh... were you robbed?"
    - "Funny really, yes, but at the same time a huge resounding no. It's more of an... involuntary vow of poverty... really."

I've always loved to rewatch this film whenever I happen to come across it on TV. It's funny, charming and so... likable!

• Caitz

Watched by Caitz 08 May, 2015

Had to watch this at school. Fairly painful.

• Justin Scott

★★★★½ Added by Justin Scott

I think this movie is very underrated. SUPER fun movie. Heath Ledger is charming and convincing and I love all the characters!

• Richard Webber

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Webber 05 May, 2015

What a joy to revisit. A period romp with flagrant pop anachronisms that shouldn't work but really sings. It has brilliant cameos (Paul Bettany having a literate ball, Rufus Sewell perfectly playing wastrel nobility), Heath Ledger in his early days seducing the camera like he'd been doing it for a lifetime, and a visual/design commitment to the period and action which feel authentic and visceral. That AKT doesn't sink under the weight of its own technicolour coat of contrasting elements…