• Zak

★★★½ Rewatched by Zak 08 Feb, 2016

Can't bring myself to love this movie because it doesn't quite succeed at its every risky move... but damn if it doesn't try. It only just fails at pulling off its anachronisms, Shakespearean dialogue, or goofy comedy.
    While it probably should have been funnier, it's worth it simply for Bettany's purposefully scene-chewing performance and Bowie on the soundtrack.

• Amy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Amy 07 Feb, 2016

Perfect combination of costume, music, quotable lines, and beautiful people all set in a (modern) middle ages.

• Gary Busey

★★½ Watched by Gary Busey 02 Feb, 2016

Despite it's relative unfunniness, A Knight's Tale almost works solely for it's earnest. It's a comedy with unusually detailed set design and vision, and it's stars are fully dedicated to the premise entirely (Paul Bettany is so good in this). But I feel that in it's focus on plot progression and character development, A Knight's Tale did not spend enough time ensuring the jokes were up to par. There are some good bits here and there, but the two hour…

• Danny Webster

★★★★★ Rewatched by Danny Webster 31 Jan, 2016

Quite frankly a bizarre anachronistic mess of a movie with rock'n'roll music blaring out in the 14th century - a litany of outlandish failures in language and some of the most heavy-handed, contrived and manipulative scenarios you could possibly imagine -- and I love it!

The cast - Heath Ledger, Mark Addy, Shannyn Sossamon, Paul Bettany, Rufus Sewell, Christopher Cazenove, Laura Fraser and last but not least, Alan Tudyk. All fantastic. An overly-enthusiastic statement but honestly they're just so enjoyable…

• Alan Johnson

★★★★ Watched by Alan Johnson 29 Jan, 2016

I have a crush on Heath Ledger. This movie rocks.

• Lauren Schultz

★★★★ Watched by Lauren Schultz 27 Jan, 2016

heath ledger in this movie was my first crush

• Bob Blaschuk

★★★½ Rewatched by Bob Blaschuk 25 Jan, 2016

A Knight's Tale is a strange film in a few ways. It's ability to have a really simple story that is told over a longer than needed run time. The way it plays old school classic rock as a soundtrack, which somehow fits, while not fitting at all. It is also helped very much by a great young cast showing off their chops in acting and comedy.

The few problems I do have stem from running time. Unlike other films…

• Cristina

Added by Cristina

i miss you every day 😔

• mattyparsons

★★★★ Rewatched by mattyparsons 20 Dec, 2015

This film has stood up very well...very funny, and some great performances. The annoying princess wasn't quite as annoying this time either!

• Steven Flores

Rewatched by Steven Flores 14 Jan, 2016

One of the finest films of the 2000s as well as one of the most entertaining where a young squire determines to become a knight, beat the champion, and get the girl while dancing to David Bowie's "Golden Years".

• Ant Towler

★★★★ Added by Ant Towler

This is one of the most fun films I've ever seen. It's a simple story well told with great performances from the lead and supporting cast. And a cool soundtrack to boot.

I became an Alan Tudyk/ Paul Bettany fan after this.

• Bobby Analog

★★ Watched by Bobby Analog 06 Jan, 2016

"Let's make this appealing to younger audiences by playing baby boomer rock songs!"

Ok.

Pretty milquetoast film, but as someone who was a teen in 2001 I know better than to completely pan a movie starring the Soss.