• MRT0AST

★★★½ Rewatched by MRT0AST 17 Apr, 2015

In spite of the fact that this film never manages to rise above my initial, slightly positive opinion I have of it when I rewatch it, it's an immensely durable and enjoyable thing, with one of the best (and most recognizable) slasher ensembles ever put together.

Based on this and Body Double, I think it's a rule that Craig Wasson must fall into an open grave in any movie he's in.

• Peter Schubert

★★★½ Watched by Peter Schubert 21 Apr, 2015 2

Part III of Running the Franchise: A Nightmare on Elm Street

The Film : Well, that's more like it. After the weird dream-less detour of Part 2 , Dream Warriors marks a return to form. Sure, it never quite reaches the same atmospheric heights of the original, because it's way too cheesy at times - in bad ways (that wizard master shit, yeesh) and good ones (awesome end credit song!). This time good ol' Freddy hunts some poor teens in…

• hiposiko

★★½ Rewatched by hiposiko 14 Apr, 2015

Hace varios años que no veía esto. Mi recuerdo es que era la mejor secuela de Nightmare on Elm Street pero ahora no me causó mucho emoción. Esta vez la fórmula se me hizo más evidente y, aunque está técnicamente bien realizada, todo los elementos se sienten demasiado calculados. Le faltaba el sentido de incertidumbre onírica que Craven tan hábilmente logró en la primera de la serie, la cual sigue igual de efectiva como siempre.

• mikemath3

★★½ Watched by mikemath3 09 Apr, 2015

Liked it.

• Charles Johnson

★★★★ Rewatched by Charles Johnson 07 Apr, 2015

After the misfire of Freddy's Revenge, Dream Warriors is a return to form for Freddy - at least for now.

• James Davies

★★★ Rewatched by James Davies 02 Jan, 2015

One of the better sequels. An interesting setting in the mental hospital, felt more like a B movie than the original, but still just as creative.

• Michael Audet

★★★½ Watched by Michael Audet 30 Mar, 2015

"It was just something that that the kids say to keep the...Boogeyman away."

I don't have a lot to say about this, so I'll keep it short.

Where the original Nightmare on Elm Street thrived with original ideas and innovation (especially considering the demanding effects on the strained budget), the second sequel, Dream Warriors, is something different altogether. I've never been a huge fan of A Nightmare on Elm Street (in fact, this is the first time I've watched a…

• Scott Fairgrieve

★★★½ Watched by Scott Fairgrieve 30 Mar, 2015

Considered the best of the "Nightmare" sequels, and I liked it much more than I thought I would. Very creative in the special effects, and they made good use of CGI for the day, except that the animated skeleton sequence looked cheesy, as they almost always do. All in all a fun watch, with the added bonus of a seriously messed up but still lovely Patricia Arquette.

• Noyer

★★½ Rewatched by Noyer 27 Mar, 2015

While it has its moments, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS is easily the most overrated entry in the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET series.

• envywings

★★★½ Rewatched by envywings 18 Mar, 2015

Recently done a run through of a few horror series. Nightmare on Elm Street is mostly pish but hard to deny the enjoyment to be had in Dream Warriors.

• Lance McCallion

★★½ Watched by Lance McCallion 12 Mar, 2015

eh

• Peter Rogers

★★★★ Watched by Peter Rogers 26 Jan, 2015

While perhaps arguably not the best of the Nightmare franchise, I would content that this is the most technically brilliant, visually interesting and genuinely terrifying of the series that I have seen to date.

The film brings back original cast, is set in an institution and really explores some of the creativity and lucidity that comes with dreaming that continues through for the remainder of the franchise. While not perfect, volume three for Freddy is franchise defining - both for better, and worse.