• Melody

★★★½ Rewatched by Melody 16 Sep, 2014

"Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!"

How weird is it that the one that has that line - the moment you can literally pinpoint as the moment Freddy becomes sort of a joke - the cheesiest of all the sequels with all its embarrassing wish fulfilment ("In my dreams… I'm a wizaarrrrrd…!"), has such heavy weight credentials with Wes Craven himself contributing to the screenplay, Heather Langenkamp returning probably because of that, Frank Darabont co-writing, and Patricia Arquette and Laurence Fishburne…

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway

Certainly the most popular and visually imaginative of the Elm Street sequels, Dream Warriors stretches the previously established boundaries with invention and Langenkamp's return is also key to its success. Some of the supporting characters feel a little pallid, but for the most part, this is an inspired sequel. It was all downhill from here until Wes Craven's New Nightmare in 1994.

• Zack McGhee

★★★★ Rewatched by Zack McGhee 09 Sep, 2014

I always forget how little Robert Englund is in this. Unsure if he had little desire to appear and whether those constraints drove the innovative use of effects (worm Freddy, puppet Freddy, Dick Cavett Freddy), or whether it's strictly a coincidence. Either way, this is the best of the Nightmare series, creating an optimal synthesis of the series' darkest elements and its most humorous, with a great cast, a solid story, and some of the series' best kills. (The Dream…

• Matt Shiverdecker

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Shiverdecker 09 Sep, 2014

Welcome to prime time, bitch.

Viewed in a beautiful 35mm print for Terror Tuesday's "Fredtember" series, this has always been my favorite of the series.

In terms of NOES, I've always considered it a trilogy. Just the original, part 3 and Wes Craven's New Nightmare for me, please.

There's SUCH a talented pool of people involved here to make it a success:

Wes Craven returned as Executive Producer and co-screenwriter. The Shawshank Redemption's Frank Darabont is also one of four…

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★ Rewatched by Antonio Quintero 09 Sep, 2014

Saw it at Terror Tuesday during Fredtember
    Fuck the prime time, bitch!!!

IN this movie they push the fantasy aspect of this movie franchise even further. Now they have Freddy do special kill after this movie. The Franchise will use this movie as the template for the rest of the series.
    The special FX team does really great practical FXs in this movie. There is also really funny dialogue in this movie.
    My biggest complaint is the kid with the wizard power should have known that wizard suck at close quarter attacks

• Jake

★★★★ Rewatched by Jake 09 Sep, 2014 8

"We're gonna kick that motherfucker's ass all over Dreamland."

"Freddy the Child Murderer" pushes "Freddy the Child Molester" into subtext, only until each dream-kill dredges it out of the subconscious. Snakemonster Freddy eating Patricia Arquette, Freddy injecting needles/ejaculating into gaping heroin mouth vaginas, Freddy's many tongues... those are the most overt. Craven's re-introduction to the series (he has a "story by" credit) grafts the survivor/empowerment narrative, along with a faith vs. science angle, into the proceedings. Even filling in his…

• Chris

Rewatched by Chris 09 Sep, 2014

"Let's dance, asshole!"

My favorite of the franchise. Pretty sure it's the skeleton fight that pushes it over the top.

• Chris Popkoff

★★★★ Watched by Chris Popkoff 09 Sep, 2014

Now that's more like it! This one really delivers on all fronts. Plenty of Freddy and plenty of inventive and memorable kills throughout. The set design is great and best of all, it doesn't botch the ending. Really strong all around.

• MetalBlade

★★★★ Watched by MetalBlade 07 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Dan Gorman

★★★★ Rewatched by Dan Gorman 29 Aug, 2014

Probably my favourite of the series, to be honest.

The first film is creepier overall, but I've never been fond of the ending. This film feels like the best way to approach a sequel to that flick, and it really balances the jokiness with the ew, yuck! vibe well - this is just at the apex of Freddy becoming a huge pop-culture icon after all, but thankfully he has yet to suck people into video games while yelling "Now we're playing with power!" or brandish a pair of RayBans.

It's a good balance and you can see why they really pushed that in the later sequels.

• Pube

★½ Watched by Pube 26 Aug, 2014 2

Wow. This is a terrible movie. Yet, it adds new spins to the (at the time) dying franchise and has a lot of fun without being scared of being too over the top and dumb. I like a lot of bad movies and I liked this.

• KMOKLER

★★ Added by KMOKLER

Its better than Freddie's revenge but it pretty bad but it so bad that its funny.