• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Like It!

• Brian Weldon

★★★½ Added by Brian Weldon

Nice concept for a noes film. Super empowered kids vs Freddy. Not quite pulled off perfectly but still damn enjoyable. Some of my favourite moments of the whole series are in this film. Namely

Welcome to primetime bitch
    Freddy snake/worm
    Puppet on a string
    Death by wheelchair

• Ross Whyte

★★★ Watched by Ross Whyte 31 Jan, 2016

It's past midnight, and Craven is back. He's embracing the fact that the series has already managed to descend into the lunacy usually reserved for at least the 6th film in a franchise, and taking us to entirely new places.

Freddy's powers are now out of control. There's nothing he can't do, except avoid being stabbed in basically every film. There's some genuinely fun death scenes here -- the tendons as puppet strings had me squirming in my seat --…

• Stephen

★★★ Watched by Stephen 31 Jan, 2016

[previously]
    00.35am, Prince Charles Cinema, London
    ...Wes Craven, back on scripting duties for the third feature. For the first few drafts, anyway.

Fittingly, then, it ignores everything to do with the first sequel and catches up with the first film's Nancy. Heather Langenkamp puts in a very decent turn as an older and wiser Nancy, tortured by her past torment and determined to use her experience to save others from Freddy Krueger's claws.

There are still grown-ups who doubt her…

• Jack Godwin

★★★★ Watched by Jack Godwin 31 Jan, 2016

This movie has everything:
    - A theme tune that works the title into the lyrics
    - Dude fighting a skeleton with a shovel
    - Patricia Arquette doing a backflip through a window
    - The most evil origin possible
    - Ghost Dads, mysterious Nuns and Wizard Masters
    - "Oh, great. Now it's my dick that's killing me"

• MogulsReview

★★★ Added by MogulsReview

Different but simple at the same time. I'm not a big fan of Langenkamp (what a name though). Freddy was meaner in the first one, I think that's what was lacking.

• RussellD

★★★★ Watched by RussellD 23 Jan, 2016

Damn. Chuck Russell. What a movie.

• Brennan Klein

★★★★ Rewatched by Brennan Klein 07 Apr, 2014

An extravaganza of effects that haven't aged perfectly, but a fun foray into 80's camp horror.

• Nick Mancuso

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nick Mancuso 31 Oct, 2015

More character than the average slasher film.
    On par with the original film in almost every way.

• Joel Clark

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joel Clark 18 Jan, 2016

WE'RE THE DREAM WARRIOOOOOOORS!

The stop motion in this film is fucking breath taking. Fuck CGI when you have something as gorgeous as stop motion.

• M Kitchell

★★★ Rewatched by M Kitchell 13 Jan, 2016 2

Like most, this has always stuck in my head as the best of the series, and also like seemingly most, this is also the film in the series that I've seen most often (moreso than any of the others). However, this re-watch felt somewhat different-- the mythology building seems far more slight, Patricia Arquette's screams seem even more shrill, and Heather Langenkamp's acting seems even more hilarious! It's still, I think, the most fantastique entry of the series, but it's…

• Kenji Fujishima

★★★★ Rewatched by Kenji Fujishima 04 Sep, 2015

This was fun: watching and writing about all of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies for A.V. Club here.