• Josiah Morgan

★★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 08 Oct, 2015 2

Hoop-Tober 2.0: Film #13 (Unplanned)

Patricia Arquette is the latest star of a starmaking franchise, by comparison to the first two this is the first film in the franchise truly about sleep as your one true escape and what happens when that escape is corrupted by an omnipresent malevolent force. This is a film filled with true energy whether it be lighthearted or not, around every corner is a new filmic innovation, with every plot beat is a new revelation…

• Cuntis

★★★½ Watched by Cuntis 06 Oct, 2015 3

14th film in my "50 Films in October Challenge (not hooptober)"

Vastly better than 2, I really like it when Freddy's incarnations are as weird as possible like the worm at the start trying to eat Patricia Arquette. I still feel like the most unsettling thing about these films is that people are literally tussling with Freddy, he isn't far away he is right there and can touch you, you cannot run away. Excited for the rest of them but I don't know if anything can top 3 to be honest.

• Jeff Kimble

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeff Kimble 05 Oct, 2015

"Welcome to prime time bitch"

First off I have to say that Dokkens Dream Warriors may be the best original song ever made for a horror film. I love it.

As a fan of both horror movies and superhero movies, I have to say that j fucking love this movie. The team up of the dream warriors is awesome and some of the kills are some of the best of the whole Nightmare series. This is when Freddy became FREDDY. Awesome film.

• Michael Kastner

★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Kastner 06 Oct, 2015

Knüpft viel besser an Teil 1 an als der schwache zweite Teil. Mir hat der Spaß gemacht. Manche Effekte sehen super aus, manche sehen echt billig aus. Aber irgendwie macht das den Film charmant. Dazu kommen ein paar gute in Szene gesetzte Kills (TV, Marionette).

• Arf Ortiyef

★★★ Watched by Arf Ortiyef 05 Oct, 2015

lucid dreaming wonder team powers activate!

• Ethan C Williams

★★★½ Watched by Ethan C Williams 02 Oct, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Part 9 of Hoop-tober 2015

Marking the return of Wes Craven to the writer's chair of the franchise he invented, Dream Warriors marks a much stronger entry into the world of Freddy Krueger and manages to recapture some of that wonderfully nightmarish fun that made the original so fascinating.

If Freddy's Revenge was a metaphor about the protagonist struggling with his sexuality, Dream Warriors is all about teenagers exorcising their mental health demons by uniting to destroy Freddy Krueger. Translating…

• gmosalad

★★½ Watched by gmosalad 03 Oct, 2015

Hoop-Tober 2015: Entry #6

I give it some points for the way it tries to make some sort of statement about inefficiency in the mental health system. (Even if they are just a repeat of any disapproving parents from earlier iterations.) But this is by and large a supernatural horror movie. And one that primarily wants to provide you with tons of Freddy quips and plenty of shrieks from Academy Award winner Patricia Arquette. (Hey. You gotta start somewhere. Even…

• dellamore

★★★★ Watched by dellamore 02 Oct, 2015

Part of my first Hoop-Tober

"Oh great. Now it's my dick that's killing me."

Promise for this movie is probably the most hilarious thing I could ever imagine they will do with franchise. Unlike quite serious first part and a bit lighter toned gay sequel, Dream Warriors once again takes completely different route.

This time movie doesn't even try to be serious, starting with the plot and ending with Kruger's character who now spits stupid yet funny one liners on…

• Ross McRae

★★★★ Rewatched by Ross McRae 04 Oct, 2015

Film#7 of Hoop-Tober 2.0

When Philip takes a jump from the bell tower it's chalked up as a suicide, fair enough, troubled kid in a psych ward, but when Jennifer's found a foot off the floor with her head buried in the TV, the staff reaction consists of a shoulder shrug and the consensus of 'just another mixed up kid'. There's no way she could have done that herself, where is the police investigation? What about the hospital's duty of care? Questions need to be asked.

• alex_sbd

★★★½ Watched by alex_sbd 03 Oct, 2015

Horrortober 2015 - Film #3
    List: boxd.it/sxys

• Mark Richards

★★★★★ Watched by Mark Richards 02 Oct, 2015

Probably my favorite in the series (as is the case with most people), but I man I can't stand Dokken.

• Shayne Bock

★★ Watched by Shayne Bock 02 Oct, 2015

I liked the score (sometimes), I liked the effects (sometimes) and the premise is interesting... but I think a combination of the limitations/tone of the time and the selling out of the whole concept of Freddy really took this down more than a few notches from the original.

I skipped New Nightmare to get to this because of the reputation it has, and I was disappointed. It feels more like a failed 80's action movie than a legitimately nightmarish horror…