• Branden

★★★★ Rewatched by Branden 16 Feb, 2014

Wow, this is a great movie. It is the best of the series outside the first one (I can say that now because I am writing this in retrospect after having re-watched them all), and just a genuinely good horror flick. The characters are what drive this, which is what many of the sequels miss out on. Unlike the second film, where I lowered the rating, I will be giving this one an extra half star this time around.

• rotch

★★★★ Rewatched by rotch 11 Apr, 2014 4

Dream Warriors no es ni tan inteligente ni da tanto miedo como la primera película. Habiendo dicho eso, hay muchas cosas muy buenas aquí:

- Los actores etán muy bien. La mayoría de los niños actúan mucho mejor que los de la primera parte. Y los adultos también.

- La película construye bien sobre la mitología de Freddy Kruger. Todos los aportes al origen del personaje aunque le restan misterio, logran hacerlo más terrorífico.

- Darabont es un tipo talentoso,…

• Francesco Marioni

★★★½ Watched by Francesco Marioni 09 Apr, 2014

Great fun horror which has some genuinely frightening parts and a teriffic third act, somne of the acting is incredibly bad but it just kind of added to its charm. Nice bleak ending to go with it too.

• Karen

★★★ Rewatched by Karen 31 Mar, 2014

Haiku review:

Sleep: slices of death
    We, a teen coalition
    Warriors of dreams

• anne_f_

★★★ Watched by anne_f_ 03 Apr, 2014

More unscariness from Elm Street, and more nightmares. All very watchable, but not really very good.

• Alex Kittle

★★★★ Watched by Alex Kittle 31 Mar, 2014

Adds some inventive new scares while maintaining the delightful 80s cheese of the previous films, plus expanding on the Freddy Krueger mythology. I was so happy Nancy came back! Also such great kills! And a g-g-g-GHOST NUN!

I can't wait to watch every movie in this series 100 times.

• Brett

★★★½ Watched by Brett 27 Mar, 2014

238/365 (365 films in 365 days)

The plot of this film certainly trumps that of the last film. The return of Wes Craven to the series is made clear, and the return of Nancy was a nice touch. This is probably one of the best films in the franchise.

• MasterRick

★★★★ Watched by MasterRick 20 Oct, 2013

This one is probably more locked into a formula than the previous films, and while I missed the second entry’s sense of riffing on a basic premise, the execution here is more impressive. It’s a more polished production with an evidently higher budget, which can be seen in the more extravagant dream sequences. These sequences are not lacking in imagination and excitement and they stay true to the rules set up by the first one, but they are so obviously…

• Samuel Márquez Rosado

★★★ Rewatched by Samuel Márquez Rosado 20 Mar, 2014

Esta tercera entrega de la famosa saga de Krueger consigue lo que no pudo la primera: ser una digna sucesora e introducir elementos nuevos y ser mucho más consistente como secuela y película en sí.

No estamos ante la mejor película del cine y la interpretación de algunos de los actores es irrisoria, pero al menos tenemos a una joven Patricia Arquette dando la talla, haciendo de la heroína perfecta de los slashers: un poco de inocencia, un poco de oscuridad, y unos ovarios bien puestos cuando hacen falta.

Posiblemente mi entrega favorita y la más divertida y entretenida de todas.

• Grimbo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grimbo 17 Mar, 2014

This is the second best in the series after the original and unfortunetly the rot sets in after this.

We are back to Freddy only appearing in dreams (except when he's a skeleton apparently).

Features some great characters, some creative deaths and iconic scenes (puppets, snakes, needles).

He does become less of a slasher type in this, but like I said the kills are creative and not as dumb as they would become later in the series.

• vhs_vampire

★★★★ Rewatched by vhs_vampire 17 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• martyn

Rewatched by martyn 15 Mar, 2014

This is the one where we find out Freddy's origin story, which explains a lot of his anger. After all, if you're the bastard son of 100 maniacs, your career options must be pretty limited.

'First off Mr Krueger, let me thank you for your interest in the position of playgroup leader at Cuddles nursery. I must say we don't often see men applying for positions of this type, it really is refreshing to see. Unfortunately, while your education and…