• Travis Lytle

★★★★ Rewatched by Travis Lytle 19 Dec, 2014

Chuck Russell's "A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors" outdoes the first two chapters in the Freddy Krueger saga by delivering an experience that is slick, chilling, smart, and fun. Boasting a bigger budget than its predecessors, the film is part fantasy, part youth angst allegory, and all horror. Expanding the original film's canvas and mythology, the series' third film is an ideal sequel.

Years after the events of the first film, a handful of teens are driven into…

• An Angry Bear

★★★★ Watched by An Angry Bear 19 Dec, 2014 5

THIS is what I wanted the first film to be. You guys were all right. I'm pretty glad I stuck through to this movie.

• Kat Vincent

★★★★★ Watched by Kat Vincent 17 Dec, 2014

Welcome to prime time, bitch.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and the profit margin is roughly standing at $39 million. The plot of this third installment is as follows, the audience meets this young adult as she is trying to stay awake, but tragically the sands of time are against her and she commits a mental health issue which sadly means she now has to be put under or in the supervision of a mental institution to work on her mental…

• Ariel Schudson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ariel Schudson 24 Oct, 2014

Marathon! So much awesome! w/Q&A.
    Dokken!!

• jimmyjone

★★★★½ Added by jimmyjone

I can see why everyone likes this one the best: because it's great! They sort of handwave how Nancy got away from Freddy at the end of the first movie, but Freddy had a clear motivation and you get a ton of interesting visuals. This is one of the few horror franchise second sequels I've seen that actually seems to revive the whole endeavor; it's to Nightmare 2 what Super Mario Bros 3 was to Super Mario Bros 2. Another good thing that I didn't expect is that I don't hate the heroine like I did in Hellraiser 1 and 2. Nancy's an okay girl.

• detoxp

★★★ Watched by detoxp 18 Nov, 2014

Still not as good as the first one, but it's nice to see a horror sequel try to actually advance from the original idea and bring in some original plot devices. The whole "lucid dream" powers thing is woefully underused, and only has one great moment where a kid becomes a D&D wizard to fight Freddy. Still though... Welcome to Primetime, BITCH [B]

• Scott Kelley

★★★½ Added by Scott Kelley

Stylish edition to the series. Nice to bring the lead from the original back. Kick ass Doken song.

• Tristiac

★★★½ Rewatched by Tristiac 16 Nov, 2014

The best sequel until New Nightmare with some of the most horrific deaths in the series. Something I've always liked about this franchise is that the victims, in great contrast to other slashers, are sympathetic, and none more so than the damaged psychiatric patients in this film. When Freddy utilizes their weaknesses against them, it feels more like a violation, as in Taryn's syringe death.

• Thief12

★★★½ Rewatched by Thief12 16 Nov, 2014

I hadn't seen this in a looong time... after rewatching the first two parts as well, I can say this one feels a little bit tighter and more focused than the former two. There is still the inevitable 80's cheese, but most things are an improvement. The performances aren't great, but Langenkamp is slightly better than she was in the first one, even if it's a bit tough to buy her role of a psychologist/doctor wannabe. Also, this might be…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 07 Mar, 2013

Entertaining return to form after the misstep that was Part 2. Lagenkamp is back to help some teens in a mental institution who are being threatened by Freddy. Each has a dream power (strength, athletics, magic, etc) with which to turn the tables on Freddy, making for some exciting scenes. Top notch visuals and special effects, and a better than average script from a team that includes Wes Craven and Frank Darabont.

• sfkb

★★★★ Watched by sfkb 09 Nov, 2014

Noch unterhaltsamer als der zweite Teil. Zum Einen sind die Effekte bis auf kleinere Ausnahmen sehr toll geworden. Zum Anderen ist der Rest unterhaltend schlecht. Jedes Mal, wenn Heather Langenkamp irgendeinen Satz sagt, muss ich lachen.
    Der Film ist wieder näher am Original als der Zweite, also ist der Fokus diesmal weniger auf der Gewalt und der unterschwelligen Homosexualität, als auf den Albträume. Hat aber trotzdem schön harte Szenen. Wer's mag, wird, wie ich, große Freude an dem Film haben.