• Derenzo

★★★★ Added by Derenzo

C'mon Krueger! Ya burnt faced pussy!

Freddy's (legitimately) best sequel.

• Matthew Vallée

★★★ Watched by Matthew Vallée 30 Oct, 2015

Thankfully this sequel was more serious than the second installment. It felt more like a horror movie than a comedy although there were some funny parts here and there. I liked that this one provided a little bit of a backstory so that the story at least had a point to it, and I also like that they brought back Heather Langenkamp's “Nancy”. I’m surprised that the film was simply not a rehash of the previous stories as horror sequels tend to be and there was some creativity once again with the deaths, although nothing matching the original.

• vinylcollector

★★★★ Added by vinylcollector

My favorite of the series. What a rush

• Shawn

★★★★ Added by Shawn

rewatched on 10/31/15

• Maicon Pereira

★★★★ Watched by Maicon Pereira 03 Nov, 2015

Não sei se foi pela volta do Wes Craven que o filme ficou um pouco mais interessante que o segundo, porém o primeiro marcou mais.

• Cass Wall

★★★★ Rewatched by Cass Wall 02 Nov, 2015

Nightmare is the only horror series where a lot of the sequels hold up. This one, Dream Warriors, used to be one of the ones I liked in a so-bad-it's-good way but at some point I think I decided I genuinely like it.

The effects hold up and I'm always down for a diverse cast of mentally-ill misfits.

• Jason Darby

★★★½ Rewatched by Jason Darby 01 Nov, 2015

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, in many ways, sets the tone for the remainder of the franchise and the popular culture image of Freddy Krueger in general. Less menacing and more of a sardonic psychopath from this film on, for now at least Freddy is still menacing enough of a figure to ilicit fears from the audience. It helps that Dream Warriors is probably the most effective, narratively, of all the immediate sequels in the franchise.

• Harper Harris

★★★½ Watched by Harper Harris 31 Oct, 2015

All the elements of a superfun horror story, but of course the main reason to make a visit to Freddy's domain is the wonderfully creative dream logic that pervades the series. Fun as hell!

• Louis Matta

★★★½ Watched by Louis Matta 31 Oct, 2015

After the homosexual romp that was Elm Street 2, Dream Warriors takes the franchise back to its eerier roots. Filled with some great characters, especially from Patricia Arquette in a debut role, this is a great sequel with some pretty spectacular special effects.

• Bryan Loy

★★★★ Watched by Bryan Loy 31 Oct, 2015

Isn't it great when a sequel continues the story in a unique, refreshing way that actually makes sense?

• James Crowley

★★★½ Rewatched by James Crowley 31 Oct, 2015

[Hoop2fer #35.]

“You told me they were survivors. And they are. But how much longer they survive is up to us.”

The best of the sequels, and the beginning of the end for the franchise. The great appeal of the Elm Street movies for me is that—unlike so many teen slashers—we aren’t there primarily to watch the killer triumph, and the kids die. They feature likeable leads fighting for their lives against a supernatural force. Rather than being punished for…

• JuanCostrada

★★★ Watched by JuanCostrada 31 Oct, 2015

Freddy returns in what initially seems like a high-concept film, but quickly devolves into a generic slasher.

The concept of shared dreams among asylum inmates is interesting, but goes nowhere. Each character is defined by a single trait, and that generally leads to their demise. Even Freddy is characterised poorly and the rules are so loose that he goes full Terminator in one sequence.

The Reverence: The wizard.