• Michael Audet

★★★½ Watched by Michael Audet 30 Mar, 2015

"It was just something that that the kids say to keep the...Boogeyman away."

I don't have a lot to say about this, so I'll keep it short.

Where the original Nightmare on Elm Street thrived with original ideas and innovation (especially considering the demanding effects on the strained budget), the second sequel, Dream Warriors, is something different altogether. I've never been a huge fan of A Nightmare on Elm Street (in fact, this is the first time I've watched a…

• Scott Fairgrieve

★★★½ Watched by Scott Fairgrieve 30 Mar, 2015

Considered the best of the "Nightmare" sequels, and I liked it much more than I thought I would. Very creative in the special effects, and they made good use of CGI for the day, except that the skeleton sequence looked cheesy. All in all a fun watch, with the added bonus of a seriously messed up but still lovely Patricia Arquette.

• Noyer

★★½ Rewatched by Noyer 27 Mar, 2015

While it has its moments, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS is easily the most overrated entry in the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET series.

• envywings

★★★½ Rewatched by envywings 18 Mar, 2015

Recently done a run through of a few horror series. Nightmare on Elm Street is mostly pish but hard to deny the enjoyment to be had in Dream Warriors.

• Lance McCallion

★★½ Watched by Lance McCallion 12 Mar, 2015

eh

• Peter Rogers

★★★★ Watched by Peter Rogers 26 Jan, 2015

While perhaps arguably not the best of the Nightmare franchise, I would content that this is the most technically brilliant, visually interesting and genuinely terrifying of the series that I have seen to date.

The film brings back original cast, is set in an institution and really explores some of the creativity and lucidity that comes with dreaming that continues through for the remainder of the franchise. While not perfect, volume three for Freddy is franchise defining - both for better, and worse.

• pillole di cinema

★★★ Watched by pillole di cinema 27 Feb, 2015

Movimentando e innovando la trama #Nightmare3 apre i sogni alle reazioni delle vittime. E poi braccia svenate e mostroni disturbano ancora.

• Adalira Morningstar

★★★½ Rewatched by Adalira Morningstar 01 Mar, 2015

I hope I have the balls to take on Freddy Kruger armed with nothing but a mohawk and two tiny knives.

"In my dreams, I can do flips!"
    "THAT DOES JACK SHIT FOR US, KRISTEN."

How the fuck do you explain how a short ass girl puts her head through a tv that bolted 7 feet up the wall with nothing around to stand on? She was so suicidal her grief allowed her to teleport her face into a TV?

I'm pretty sure "bury him in hallowed ground" is more complicated than rob a church, sprinkle booze tainted holy water and then peace out.

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

I think this is hand's-down my favorite. It would go something like: 3, 7, 6, 1, 4, 5, 2 (yep, New Nightmare is my second favorite. I just love self-referential humor. I am a total sucker for it).

Also, thanks Patricia Arquette for teaching me the whole folgers-crystals-instant-coffee-washed-down-with-diet-Coke trick. Disgusting. But effective.

I love Heather Langenkamp in this, too.

• Sam

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam 27 Feb, 2015

I love this movie so much. It's probably my favorite of the whole franchise. Happy Dream Warriors Day!

• Ian W. Pugh

★★★ Watched by Ian W. Pugh 20 Feb, 2015

It tries really, really hard to be humane. That's not a genre/franchise contradiction--it gets at least some mileage out of its depiction of mental stresses and illnesses; a kid's (unrealized?) desire to feel wanted, more powerful. That was a much-needed pivot after the awful "morality" scolding of Part 2. But this is also the entry that would put Freddy at an awkward crossroads between perverse cruelty and the quip-worthy pranks that would eventually consume his public image. So whatever sympathy…

• Scott Reynolds

★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Reynolds 15 Feb, 2015

Watched this with Zane. It was a series of WHOAS and OH MY GOSH and THAT'S SO COOL. Along with lots of laughter at this new funnier, funnier Freddie.

I think it's safe to say that this is my favorite of the bunch.

Though Nancy is still like the worst actor. But in this movie she was so bad, she almost became good again. Her earnestness almost won me over.