• Brent Paton

★★★ Added by Brent Paton

I saw this in 2004. I thought it had a lot of good qualities but by the end I felt disappointed and some flaws detracted from the whole. I will watch it again at some point.

• Mirthbound

★★★★½ Rewatched by Mirthbound 12 Nov, 2014

Of course my favorite film about war is a Jean-Pierre Jeunet romance drama.

• Devonia_Rosia

★★★ Added by Devonia_Rosia

Unfortunately, unlike Mathilde, I gave up hope long before the final credits. Among a brilliant cast, the stunning Audrey Tautou brings to life this sepia war mystery, with undertones of romance. At times of revelation within the film's mystery storyline, I would sigh an excited "Ahh", as if a puzzle piece had finally found its place. At other times, I was piecing together who was who among the vast array of characters. I found that due to the minimal time…

• Daryl Purdie

★★★★ Watched by Daryl Purdie 30 Sep, 2014

#Filmreview A very long engagement ★★★★ Romantic WW1 film has superb craft, big sets, charm & quirkiness. Audrey Tautou is sweet as always.

• SJHoneywell

★★★½ Added by SJHoneywell

A pretty movie,
    But also a slow one. I
    Should like it better.

• argesanchez

Watched by argesanchez 29 May, 2014

Es un romance, pero poco predecible. Me mantuvo pendiente toda la película sin saber qué seguía y ni cómo iba a ser el final.

• Bruno_Lisboa

★★★★ Added by Bruno_Lisboa

Mais um grande filme da dupla Audrey Tautou e Jean-Pierre Jeunet (respectivamente atriz e diretor do sublime O fabuloso destino de Amèlie Poulan), Eterno Amor é realmente emocionante.
    Ambientando na primeira guerra mundial, o filme retrata a história da francesa Mathilde (Audrey) que desde a infância vive com os tios (pois perdeu os pais em um acidente trágico) e sofre de uma doença incurável para a época, a poliomelite que a prejudica a andar de forma normal.
    Sua vida seguia…

• Sean Balanger

★★★★½ Watched by Sean Balanger 15 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Jeff Broitman

★★★★ Rewatched by Jeff Broitman 19 Jul, 2014

I had seen this film before, but for one reason or another it never registered that strongly. But watching it now, it is a beautiful, artfully composed epic story of True Love, Hope, Memory, Mystery, and empathy.
    Set during and immediately after WW I, the film begins with the story of 5 condemned French soldiers, convicted of cowardice for self-mutilating themselves. Instead of going before the firing squad, like the unlucky soldiers in Kubrick's Paths of Glory, the 5 are…

• Jeffrey Overstreet

★★½ Added by Jeffrey Overstreet

Things that make me feel old: It was ten whole years ago I reviewed this film:

... a collision of Minghella's Cold Mountain, Jeunet's Amelie, and Spielberg's Saving Private Ryan. Watching it feels like going to an amusement park in the middle of a war zone while a battle is underway. We're strapped into dozens of dizzying rides, some of which are sickening and terrifying, others that are goofy and strange, and every few minutes our faces are shoved into the grisly horrors of war.

• WhiteLady3

★★★★½ Watched by WhiteLady3 21 Jun, 2014

A beautiful love story but it's specially a very well done war story. The consequences, the small gestures and how they impact on the lives of others, the uncertainty of death on the trenches. I was really surprised with this movie, went into it looking for a love story and it was so much more.

• Frozone

★★★ Watched by Frozone 19 Jun, 2014

Misses the magic of the previous Jeunet films like Amélie or Micmacs.