• Robert

• Aziraphale

★★★½ Watched by Aziraphale 15 Aug, 2015

• Vero

★★★★ Watched by Vero 01 Nov, 2015

I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I was expecting a rather disappointing adaptation of the game (which I played years ago and loved) but it is actually a very good movie!

It captures the characters' personalities and goofiness of the game very well. It actually feels like being inside the game.

• Tobias Luca

★★★ Watched by Tobias Luca 18 Sep, 2015

Eine aktuelle Mubi Empfehlung.

• José Malvárez Carleos

★★★ Watched by José Malvárez Carleos 10 Jul, 2013

la estética bien adaptada pero el ritmo algo irregular, aunque entretenida... ¡protesto!

• Michael Camilleri

★★★ Rewatched by Michael Camilleri 29 Aug, 2015

This really should have been two movies. The first 'half', focusing on Wright freeing Maya is over too quickly, the story overly condensed so as to give as much time as possible for the second 'half' that focus on Edgeworth's trial and the mystery of the DL-6 case. For a person unfamiliar with the games, too much goes by too quickly with little time spent fleshing out the characters.

• OldLee

★★★★ Watched by OldLee 27 Aug, 2015

Oh yeah, I like Miike-movies a lot a lot a lot. Fun fun fun to watch, how full of lust films can be made and how different in the look that can become. Oh and how much fun the camera work and the costume design!! Aaaah, good movies are a blessing.

• Lionel

★★★½ Watched by Lionel 15 Aug, 2015

I watched this with Aziraphale, who is a big fan of the game this is based on. And it's good for me I did watch it with her, because I would not have understood much of it otherwise. Most of the film was just me asking her "What's the context for this?" And "Was this really in the game?" (The answer to that second one was usually yes.) By the end I felt an actual appreciation for how close this…

• Christian Katzorke

★★★½ Watched by Christian Katzorke 12 Aug, 2015

I had a lot of fun. Even if the movie is at least 30 minutes too long (the last 45 minutes are really tough). Miike treats the franchise with respect and created a movie that can be loved by Ace Attorney fans.
    Not imaginable what Uwe Boll would have done...

• Craig Skinner

Watched by Craig Skinner 03 Aug, 2015

What is most surprising about Ace Attorney is that Miike actually takes the material seriously and treats it not as an excuse to go wild but to explore themes of truth and justice and to tell an engrossing whodunnit. It doesn't half drag though and considering its episodic plotting would have probably worked better as a TV series. In fact, I'd love to see this spin off into a Miike directed TV series.

• Paul Mizzi

★★★½ Watched by Paul Mizzi 29 Jul, 2015

Probably a half hour too long, but Ace Attorney is most definitely one of the most interesting video game adaptations ever released. Set in a future with holograms and no regard for the current rules of court, the film is ridiculous, surreal, over the top but always entertaining.

• Sascha Nolte

★★★ Watched by Sascha Nolte 16 Jul, 2015

Nette Ideen und gute Regie - mir persönlich ist der Film allerdings etwas zu infantil.