• Sascha Nolte

★★★ Watched by Sascha Nolte 16 Jul, 2015

Nette Ideen und gute Regie - mir persönlich ist der Film allerdings etwas zu infantil.

• Darcy

cinematography: 5/5

just brilliant

• Michael Dang

★★★½ Watched by Michael Dang 04 Jun, 2015

Ever since I played the very first Ace Attorney game on my sister's DS I was instantly hooked to the insanity of this Japanese court room lawyer game where you play a spiked up haired defense lawyer, Phoenix Wright, struggling to defend his clients to murders.

If you're a fan of this game please check out the movie. This whole movie is basically the most faithful adaption of a video game EVER. From the crazy hairdos to the crazy futuristic…

• Sweet T

★★ Added by Sweet T

it was really long, but good twists and evidence and all that you'd expect from a courtroom movie

the scenes outside of the courtroom were a nice change of scenery and all, and yet they made me wish I were back in court

• Malick Kaufman

★★★★ Watched by Malick Kaufman 07 May, 2015

This is the most insane and beautiful film I've seen in a good while, and easily the best video game movie ever, though I can't imagine that's a unique opinion. This movie takes the actual legal process as seriously as the Fast and Furious series takes the laws of physics. And it's awesome.
    I've never seen any movie stick so closely to the source material in terms of narrative and visuals. The first DS game stole tens of my hours, and tore my little 13 year old mind to shreds, and this managed to take me all the way back. Ugh. So cool.

• Joe

★★★ Watched by Joe 28 Apr, 2015

The only DS game I ever owned was Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (because a month after I got a DS it was stolen to me. Fuck you Ashley). I have a fondness for the silly courtroom game. I also really love Takashi Miike so joy all around when I found out he was doing the movie (although how bizarre is that really?).

And yeah. Its pretty good. Its the game in live action form. The angles, the silliness, and my god the hair. Glorious.

• Kelly McRae

★★★★ Rewatched by Kelly McRae 12 Apr, 2015

The best game-to-film adaptation I've ever seen. And its pulled off perfectly! It has all the silly moments of the game, the characters are superbly accurate, and it adds just enough new material that you can't be too certain of what's about to happen.

But Redd White should have pink hair...

• Serggio Ochoa

★★★★ Watched by Serggio Ochoa 04 Apr, 2015

SEGUNDO MEJOR GUIÓN ADAPTADO DE LA HISTORIA DEL CINE. O el tercero. O quizás el cuarto, yo que sé, Letterboxd.

• Cactus Matt

★★★½ Watched by Cactus Matt 03 Apr, 2015

Faithful to the point of absurdity, this video game adaptation is suitably goofy and fun but probably a half hour too long for the material that comprises the main court case and bulk of the narrative.

• Ghostsmut

★½ Watched by Ghostsmut 09 Jan, 2015

Having been underwhelmed by the Nintendo DS game of the same name I was relatively impressed with the opening of Takashi Miike's Ace Attorney. It was 100mph, all over the place and really crazy. Wow, I thought, I hope it stays like this for the whole film!

But at about the midway point, the film shrugs off its skin and spends an hour discussing a very dull case you have no investment in. It's the film equivalent of listening to…

• Derek Godin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Derek Godin 09 Jan, 2015

Last time I saw this was at Fantasia two years ago, and seeing it at home has only increased my appreciation for it. The details, the A+ casting, make-up, and set design. Transitions. Background gags. The jump cuts late in the movie. Such a dense movie. In a weird way, this movie reminded me of Alan Rudolph's Trouble in Mind: there's at least three decades' worth of crime movie archetypes in the cast; a major societal paradigm shift has clearly…

• Tagave

★★★ Watched by Tagave 07 Jan, 2015

Batshit crazy.
    *Phoenix has ghost visions
    *Phoenix interrogates a parrot. On the witness stand
    *A giant police mascot appears and blocks the hammer of justice
    *All the witnesses have crazy hair, most of them have their eyes covered by it too
    *Phoenix Wright might be the worst attorney in movie history