• Indiana Stoker

★★★½ Watched by Indiana Stoker 26 Apr, 2016

I love the fact that this movie exists. It's a video game adaptation that actually is, you know, an adaptation of a video game, as opposed to an agglutination of random elements that supposedly characterize the franchise but amount to nothing recognizable once they've been run through whatever machine was used to transform Resident Evil from a George Romero pastiche into... whatever the movies are trying to be. But I digress. Ace Attorney is delightfully true to its source material,…

• Gregory Senheiser

★★★★½ Added by Gregory Senheiser

If I had never played the Ace Attorney games, I would have been confused and annoyed at this movie.

But since I have, I absolutely loved it. The only thing it was missing was more music from the games.

• Juan Manuel Freire

★★½ Watched by Juan Manuel Freire 07 Oct, 2012

Difícil de seguir si antes no te has pasado el videojuego en que se basa, al parecer fielmente. Como fusión del lenguaje del videojuego con el cine, algo como Scott Pilgrim contra el mundo parecía notablemente más exitoso.

• muchacho23

★★½ Added by muchacho23 1

I've really been enjoying Miike's more mainstream work like Yatterman and Zebraman, but this one doesn't really stand out in any way. I'm sure if I knew the manga it is based on I would probably like it more but it seems to me that the main character is an idiot and lucky chance or help from others is the only way he would ever be able to win a case. That's not a character that speaks to me.

• Diogo Vale

★★★★ Watched by Diogo Vale 20 Feb, 2016

What impresses the most about this film is Miike's total commitment to different atmospheres throughout the film: one moment we might be watching a goofy video-game adaptation, and the next a dead-serious murder mistery where the fact that everyone is wearing a wig doesn't at all deter from the gravitas of the situation. It very much works, though and the end-result is surprisingly coherent.
    This is reflected as well in the courtroom where most of the film takes place: the…

• Dèjá Vu

★★★½ Watched by Dèjá Vu 09 Feb, 2016

One of the best bad movies I’ve ever watched. Having played or in some capacity having indulged in the games is almost mandatory; the story and general design is very much in flavour with the games.

• Keegan

★★ Watched by Keegan 09 Feb, 2016 2

"TAKE THAT!"

Other than tossing a giant cheque at a witness, the film adaptation of Pheonix Wright plays it not-quite-schlocky enough to pass as a fun time, despite great production and costume design.

• ILFILM

★★½ Added by ILFILM

Kann man, muss man aber nicht.
    Dieser Film bleibt dem ersten Spiel der Reihe treu, kann aber nicht genug überzeugen.
    Er ist zu lang geraten, hat sehr viele Handlungsstränge(welche den Film in einem Chaos versetzen) , die Kostüme sehen albern aus, die Musik wurde auch falsch eingesetzt, Dialoge funktionieren nicht und sind nicht genug ausgeweitet, die Darsteller passen sich nicht genug den Figuren an und wurden auch zum Teil nicht gut gecastet.
    Spannungsmomente sind da, CGI Effekte wurden auch sorgsam…

• Robert

★★★ Watched by Robert 12 Nov, 2015

Completely bonkers.

• Aziraphale

★★★½ Watched by Aziraphale 15 Aug, 2015

OBJECTION!

• Vero

★★★★ Watched by Vero 01 Nov, 2015

I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I was expecting a rather disappointing adaptation of the game (which I played years ago and loved) but it is actually a very good movie!

It captures the characters' personalities and goofiness of the game very well. It actually feels like being inside the game.

• Tobias Luca

★★★ Watched by Tobias Luca 18 Sep, 2015

Eine aktuelle Mubi Empfehlung.