• orangeoranges

★★★ Watched by orangeoranges 08 May, 2014

I really shouldn't have enjoyed this film.

• Lucas Barwenczik

★★★ Watched by Lucas Barwenczik 10 Jul, 2014

Ace Attorney ist der Versuch, ein Medium so verlustfrei wie möglich in ein anders zu übertragen. Dabei ist Regisseur Takashi Miike die Absurdität diese Unterfangens sichtbar bewusst. Die Phoenix Wright-Reihe erzählt in der Regel in etwa 10-12 Stunden langen Adventures von 4-5 Kriminalfällen. Auch wenn sich der Film auf 2 davon beschränkt, ist er inhaltlich hoffnungslos überfrachtet. Plotpunkt um Plotpunkt werden dem Zuschauer um die Ohren gehauen. Dabei ist die Geschichte, die daraus entsteht maximal solide. Es fehlen eben Zeitrahmen…

• MysidianRydia

★★★★ Watched by MysidianRydia 12 Jan, 2014

Loved it, but I'm a huge fan of the games and am very familiar with the case already. I wonder if its even follow-able by anyone that hasn't heard of Phoenix Wright. It seems to go pretty quick.

• Max Brown

★★★½ Watched by Max Brown 25 Jun, 2014

This movie is actually pretty good. It's fun, the acting is ok, and the script is pretty good. As far as the plot goes, I don't know if it follows the plot of the game. However, I think it is safe to say this is a good adaptation

• moviemanwill

★★★½ Added by moviemanwill

My big Hollywood dream would be to adapt this series into a TV show or miniseries.

• jintor

★★★★ Watched by jintor 29 May, 2014

The biggest failing of Ace Attorney is simply that there's far too much content to fit into a single movie and consequentially not much in the way of naturalistic character development. Miike does his best to turn this into an advantage by emphasising the over-the-top theatre of the Ace Attorney world, but the lack of 'breather' moments still overall hurts the pacing of the movie. Otherwise, however, it is a surprisingly fun film that serves both as an amazing tribute…

• Pascal Simon

★★★★ Added by Pascal Simon

Der Film hat mich angenehm überrascht. Ich hatte mit wahnsinnigem Unsinn gerechnet und bekam einen Film, der seine Vorlage unfassbar ernst nimmt aber bemerkt, wie blöd das ist und sich der fünfhundert zwinkernden Augen nicht zu schade ist.

Bonuspunkte für die Frisuren, die exakt denen aus dem Spiel entsprechen.

• Chevalier

★★★½ Added by Chevalier

Miike creates the first good movie based on a video game. The curse has been broken...for now.

• CJ Roy

★★★★★ Rewatched by CJ Roy 15 Mar, 2014

My vote for the best intro into Miike's filmography (though I haven't seen a lot) as it demonstrates his incredible ability to remain formally precise despite switching tones completely. Ace Attorney is also quite brilliant in how intelligently it incorporates the video games into the film. The court room as dramatic play. The static animations (editing of von Karma at the end). Wright's antics. The stupid questions you can ask and how it pisses everyone off (So that would make…

• bowi3

★★★★ Added by bowi3

the zoom onto the hairdo is one of the great small cinematic treats that miike just keeps on giving

• Sara Gomes

★★★★ Watched by Sara Gomes 06 Feb, 2014 2

Ace Attorney is a movie based on a videogame named Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, where we play a rookie attorney trying to solve a difficult case.

I have to say I've only played the first case, some time ago, but I was very impressed with the way they approached the videogame elements in the movie. It may seem a bit silly to watch real actors fall to the ground when someone says something stupid or to watch Phoenix sweating abundantly…

• Max Häßlein

★★ Watched by Max Häßlein 30 Jan, 2014

This is a movie about hairdos, based on a game about hairdos.