• Louie Carroll

★★★ Added by Louie Carroll

Jim Carey's best comedic vehicle.

• cmasong

★★★★ Rewatched by cmasong 04 Sep, 2014

"Mr. Shickadance, I told you, you're my first priority."

Yes he talks out of his ass but there are still plenty of genuine laughs, even when Carrey is somewhat subdued. He could truly play "obnoxious" better than most.

• Mel S

★★★ Watched by Mel S 03 Sep, 2007

Second one was better.

• KMOKLER

★★ Added by KMOKLER

Weird, crazy, silly and Jim Carrey (love or hate the guy) he's just too over the top in this.

• TJ Ponder

★★★★ Added by TJ Ponder

Jim in his heyday. It's not The Mask, but it's funny!

• Windyblue

★★★★★ Added by Windyblue

I laughed so hard I stopped breathing for long enough to qualify as legally deceased. This is incredibly silly.

• Rob McGregor

★★★½ Rewatched by Rob McGregor 05 Apr, 2014

In which... Rubber Face Jim became a movie sensation, an endlessly quotable and always funny movie that becomes something you feel like watching every time you come across it on the TV... Alllllrighty then.

• Ramón Calderón

Watched by Ramón Calderón 18 Aug, 2014

Funny start, but once Jim Carrey's amusingly eccentric character has been introduced and the detective plot takes over, I begin to lose interest bit by bit. Quite enjoyable to watch overall, though. I think I like it better than The Mask. And Courteney Cox is as lovable as usual.

• rewatchvalue

★★★½ Rewatched by rewatchvalue 11 Aug, 2014

Some jokes were definitely funnier as a kid but nonetheless it still holds up.

• Fitzers227

★★★ Watched by Fitzers227 23 Jul, 2014

It's amazing how this film became so popular. It is SO cartoonish and SO silly, but somehow Jim Carey's performance really ties the whole thing together. I was ten years old when this came out in theaters and clearly I was its main demographic. Maybe I was watching it again through my nostalgia, but it holds up pretty well (for a low budget 90's comedy anyway) and it's a lot of fun to see Carey's superstardom in its infancy. Definitely worth revisiting if you were a young man in the 90's!

• Gnske

★★★½ Added by Gnske

Jim Carrey in his finest role. The movie is every form of the word fun.

• WateringCanBro

Added by WateringCanBro

I've watched this once and I don't know why, actually, because I had already expected it to be bad, and I wasn't disappointed so to say. It was long ago, not too long after it was new, either two years later on Pay TV, or a little later than that on free TV. I suppose the latter, because I think the reason why I already expected it to be bad was that I had seen "The Mask" before this. Well,…