• eschwa22

★★ Added by eschwa22

4/10: ★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆

• Greg Robinson

★★★½ Rewatched by Greg Robinson 24 Jul, 2015

My kids didn't know WHAT to do with Jim Carrey and his lovable, demented Ace Ventura - besides laugh, of course. There was plenty of laughing.

"Why? So you can beat 'em? FATTY!"

• Andrew James

★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew James 22 Jul, 2015

Still goofy and still funny. Though now it's mostly just funny to see the beginning of Carrey's career. Not all of it works anymore as it gets repetitive sometimes.

Also interesting to realize just how low budget this thing is. It certainly doesn't feel like a Hollywood production.

Also, Sean Young is horrible.

• Warriors

★★★ Added by Warriors

Jim Carrey: what else do i have to say?

• Alec Novakow

★★★★ Added by Alec Novakow

My parents bought this on VHS for me when I was five. It was great then and it's still great now.

• Oskars Three word reviews

★★★ Added by Oskars Three word reviews

Carrey doing faces

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 30 Apr, 1994

After missing out on SNL and scoring In Living Color, Jim Carrey finally hit the big screen in this instant classic. It's a perfectly insane character for Carrey to showcase his talents and I loved it. Sean Young and Tone Loc do well to play it straight around him. This naturally has some great set pieces, but probably the best is their take on The Crying Game.

• slyman

★★½ Rewatched by slyman 03 Jul, 2015

"Well, I'm not really ready for a relationship, Lois, but thank you for asking. Hey, maybe I'll give you a call sometime. Your number's still 911? All righty then."

Two Word Review: All Right

• SmokingPizza

★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

It's still so weird to me that Courteney Cox was ever in this, she always felt out of place to me. But besides that, the iconic beginning of one of 90's comedies most familiar characters. Jim Carrey you funny, funny brilliant man!

"Holy testicle Tuesday."
    "What the hell is he doing here?"
    "I came to confess. I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll."

"I gotta go guys! I gotta date with your mothers!"

"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

• jameshaven

Watched by jameshaven 05 Jul, 2015

Meh

• MovingPictures

★★ Watched by MovingPictures 21 Jun, 2015

I might not be in the target group for this.

• Zirkzank Xyphrolenmir

★★★★ Watched by Zirkzank Xyphrolenmir 19 Jun, 2015

Jim Carrey was/is very entertaining. Even though I'd say this film was fairly bland, his character makes it fun to watch.