• paulkdog

★★★★★ Added by paulkdog

I was a pet detective once but then the police found out and took away my 3 male dogs and 7 cats

• JaviOsuna

★★★★ Rewatched by JaviOsuna 27 Apr, 2016

Me duele la cara de ver a Jim Carrey.

• KaleisaWaffle

★★★ Watched by KaleisaWaffle 25 Apr, 2016

"Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" was released in 1994 and stars Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura, a pet detective who is tasked with finding out where the Miami Dolphins mascot is after he was kidnapped.

Jim Carrey gives the most over-the-top performance I have ever seen in my life. His performance is so out of this world that I don't even know if he's human. The jokes he delivers, the over the top dialogue, the insane situations he gets himself in,…

• hmankoski

½ Watched by hmankoski 22 Apr, 2016

I know this movie is a cult comedy but I'm going to be honest, I HATED it. Jim Carrey in this movie seemed like he was having a schizophrenic episode.

• Sophia Park

Added by Sophia Park

An old and hateful thing a lot of people have yet to re-evaluate.

• Jason

★★★ Watched by Jason 25 Apr, 2016

Manic Jim Carrey is not my favourite kind of Jim Carrey, but you gotta appreciate how committed he is to the act. Dude goes all in. This movie is pretty stupid and is my least favourite of Carrey's breakout year of 1994 (The Mask, Dumb & Dumber). It does have its moments though.

• Nathanial00

★★★★ Added by Nathanial00

7.5/10
    Try to Watch this movie, and not laugh every few seconds- Its tough.

• Jason Bally

★★★ Added by Jason Bally

Completely juvenile, but it had some big laughs.

• BingoBango

★★★½ Rewatched by BingoBango 14 Apr, 2016

This movie was my childhood. Still get a kick out of it every time.

• Zodokai

Rewatched by Zodokai 13 Apr, 2016

"If I'm not back in five minutes, just wait longer."

I used to watch this film quite a bit as a kid. Even back then, I was never big on Jim Carrey's brand of spastic, dramatic humor. I could certainly tolerate it quite a bit more back then, but I also really loved the concept of a pet detective. The style is entertaining, but does start to grate by the end of the movie. There are plenty of humorous dialogue…

• Becki

★½ Rewatched by Becki 09 Apr, 2016

The rating, although low, accounts for: nostalgia, and my very obvious and bias love for Jim Carrey.

To be honest, I was dreading re-watching this because I knew exactly how much my feelings about it would change. This is one of the same five films I watched all the time as a kid. Literally, all the time. And I loved it. I love Jim always, and it was always funny to me as a child. Maybe because the humour is…

• Domesky