• Josh Bog

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Bog 13 Dec, 2014

Brilliant performance, only wish there were more animals in it.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and yes it does have a sizable profit margin considering the budget was only $15 million. The contents, well sadly there has been a crime committed at the home of the NFL franchise the Miami Dolphins [American Football,] where their mascot has been kidnapped and someone has suggested to call-in the one and only Ace Ventura Pet Detective to assist with the recovery of the Miami Dolphins mascot before the Super…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 11 Dec, 2014

Rating: B-

• MovieMan23

★★★ Added by MovieMan23

Entertaining comedy that is pretty funny.

• NellaiRajan

★★★½ Added by NellaiRajan

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)

A goofy detective specializing in animals goes in search of a missing dolphin mascot of a football team.

It was fun and enjoyable movie, Jim Carrey is quite simply amazing and amusing the whole movie he can make you laugh out loud for many scenes. I feel this is an enjoyable movie despite being somewhat childish..
    Aaaaallllrightyyyyy Thennn...!!!!

• karlails

★★★★ Rewatched by karlails 01 Nov, 2014

This is a fucking classic. I mean, did you see the part where he talks with his butt?

"Excuse me. I'd like to "ass" you a few questions."

• Andrew Nichols

★★★★★ Added by Andrew Nichols

a carrey classic.

• Rachel ✧

★★½ Watched by Rachel ✧ 11 Nov, 2014

I love Jim Carrey, but this film really fell flat for me. It starts off strongly and first two acts are incredibly funny, albeit somewhat dated, but everything begins to fall apart at the beginning of the third act. The casual homophobia is off-putting to say the least, and the ultimate reveal of the villain was stale and pretty try-hard. This is a perfect example of a film with a wonderful concept that just isn't pulled off all that well.

• Christopher Sorgiovanni

★★★½ Rewatched by Christopher Sorgiovanni 01 Nov, 2014

I definitely annoyed family, close and extended, repeating Ace's lines throughout my childhood. Man this is still so funny and stupid.

• Kikoelcharrito

★★★★ Added by Kikoelcharrito

Thees movy rilly set the mood for jim carrey's aktin kurear. He is funy and ads a litle of his tast, just as I did with this sentence.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★★ Added by Liam Hathaway

Jim Carrey at his rubber-faced best, sound-proof glass screaming, rare doves, pre-Friends Courtney Cox, a Scotty from Star Trek impression and a Cannibal Corpse performance just for good measure! Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is an anarchic cornerstone 90s comedy that you'll either love or hate. Shame about the sequel though...

• Louie Carroll

★★★ Added by Louie Carroll

Jim Carey's best comedic vehicle.