• TwinIon

★★★★ Rewatched by TwinIon 09 Apr, 2014

Absolutely a product of its time, but still a unique comedy adventure and surprisingly effective detective story as well.

• Dan

★★★ Rewatched by Dan 08 Apr, 2014

I've seen "Ace" many, many times before, mostly when I was ten years old. It'd been a long time since I'd seen it in full, and the big question is "does it hold up?" And the answer is... kind of!

It's a kooky idea, a pretty decent story, and a revealing twist ending that might be in poor taste today. Parts of it are still funny, while other parts are Jim Carrey talking to Tone Loc out of his butt.…

• smellsen

★★★ Added by smellsen

Jim doing his thing.

• Drunken Master

★★★ Rewatched by Drunken Master 07 Mar, 2014

This is not technically a good film; but Jim Carey is great! I think I hate everything else about this film -- but I have to give it to Carey for turning an otherwise crappy production into something worth watching again and again.

• Brett Blumenkopf

★★ Rewatched by Brett Blumenkopf 23 Feb, 2014

Movie a Day - Day 54

I watched this in light of its 20th anniversary this month. This was always my least favorite of Jim Carrey's trio of 1994 movies, but I definitely liked it a lot less this time (I haven't seen it in at least a decade). There are some funny bits, but it's 100% The Jim Carrey Show, and without anything to reign him in or anyone else to bounce off of, he grows irritating and tiresome…

• kaila Starr

★★★½ Rewatched by kaila Starr 23 Feb, 2014

Oh nineties .... You were so long ago

• Patrick Fisackerly

★½ Rewatched by Patrick Fisackerly 09 Feb, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Lee Gardner

★½ Watched by Lee Gardner 03 Feb, 2014

Almost forgot I watched this one. With the kids. They loved it. Sean Young must have really needed the money.

• Kleeberg

★★★★ Rewatched by Kleeberg 22 Jan, 2014

Jim Carrey at his finest.

"LACES OUT!"

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rocco Tenaglia 25 Dec, 2013

Always a pleasure.

• Morgan

★★½ Added by Morgan

Ace Ventura isn't cool, guys.