• Tarryn-tino

★★★★ Rewatched by Tarryn-tino 30 Aug, 2015

"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

It had been AGES since I had seen Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. I remember watching it loads as a kid and always thinking it was hilarious!!! I think I didn't watch it for so long because I was worried I wouldn't think it was funny any more and it would ruin my old memories of it.

Watched it last night though and spent the whole 86mins just cracking up laughing,…

• Chris Ward

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Ward 17 Aug, 2015

Still holds up.

• atbaldwin

★★½ Rewatched by atbaldwin 10 Aug, 2015 2

I loved this when I was 11. Not so much now. "Aaaaaaalrighty then" wore out its welcome a long, long time ago.

• Jacob Gehman

★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

To be reviewed if/when I rewatch.

Though I'm not planning on rewatching, and if we're being honest, I'm likely to bring that rating down quite a bit if I do so.

• GWKK

Added by GWKK

Better than the other one

• eschwa22

★★ Added by eschwa22

4/10: ★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆

• Greg Robinson

★★★½ Rewatched by Greg Robinson 24 Jul, 2015

My kids didn't know WHAT to do with Jim Carrey and his lovable, demented Ace Ventura - besides laugh, of course. There was plenty of laughing.

"Why? So you can beat 'em? FATTY!"

• Andrew James

★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew James 22 Jul, 2015

Still goofy and still funny. Though now it's mostly just funny to see the beginning of Carrey's career. Not all of it works anymore as it gets repetitive sometimes.

Also interesting to realize just how low budget this thing is. It certainly doesn't feel like a Hollywood production.

Also, Sean Young is horrible.

• Warriors

★★★ Added by Warriors

Jim Carrey: what else do i have to say?

• Alec Novakow

★★★★ Added by Alec Novakow

My parents bought this on VHS for me when I was five. It was great then and it's still great now.

• Oskars Three word reviews

★★★ Added by Oskars Three word reviews

Carrey doing faces

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 30 Apr, 1994

After missing out on SNL and scoring In Living Color, Jim Carrey finally hit the big screen in this instant classic. It's a perfectly insane character for Carrey to showcase his talents and I loved it. Sean Young and Tone Loc do well to play it straight around him. This naturally has some great set pieces, but probably the best is their take on The Crying Game.