• Max

★★★½ Watched by Max 26 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Like: The whole idea to make a movie about an animal welfarist aka pet detective. This is a very cool thing and offers a great joke-area, Jim Carrey used well.

Dislike: I think the movie is somehow homophobic. The reaction scenes towards the transgender football star would be a greater eclat nowadays.

• SilentDawn

★★★★ Rewatched by SilentDawn 17 Mar, 2015 7

Tom Shadyac's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective kicks all sorts of ass. Jim Carrey is hysterical, the story is a wonderful combination of detective stories and 80s procedurals, and every line is hilariously quotable and goofy. The party sequence is borderline historic in its absurdity and sheer energy.

"Holy testicle Tuesday!"

• Sitheis

★★★½ Watched by Sitheis 08 Mar, 2015

7.7

• Bradley

★★★ Watched by Bradley 07 Mar, 2015

Decent comedy that is completely carried by Jim Carrey's typically eccentric performance. I chuckled my way through the film and there were some really fun scenes (especially those involving actual animals). Overall a fun and cheap little flick that holds up very well even over 20 years later.

• Connor Eves

★½ Watched by Connor Eves 13 Feb, 2015

This film does a good job of making 'The Truman Show' look even better. I watched this film because Jim Carrey was in it, and that is also the only reason I continued watching it. It is forgettable, it is completely adequate and I will probably forget it exists after a few weeks.

• mrfleck

★★★★½ Added by mrfleck

To be honest, Jim Carrey was my childhood icon. This movie is one of the best pieces of evidence to that fact.
    Ace Ventura is one of the funniest people I've ever seen, played masterfully by Carrey. He is so creatively funny and clever that he's a perfect example of a classic Jim Carrey character.
    While I do have some small issues with this movie, I don't have a lot of things to bash this movie with. (really? F*cking really?…

• chicomanga

½ Rewatched by chicomanga 19 Feb, 2015

Con diez años era muy divertida. Siendo mayor es horrible.

• DiegoSanchez

★★★½ Watched by DiegoSanchez 17 Feb, 2015

Jim Carrey Unchained

• Tyler Foster

★★★ Watched by Tyler Foster 15 Nov, 2014

When I enjoyed this movie as a teenager I know I never thought a homophobic thing while watching it, but as a more enlightened adult it's hard to avoid how unfortunate that aspect of the movie is.

• Marcel Michaelsen

★★★★ Rewatched by Marcel Michaelsen 15 Feb, 2015

Ja, was soll man hier zu sagen? es ist einfach Jim Carrey in absoluter Hochform. Wenn man mit seinem Humor nix anfangen kann, wird sich das hier nicht ändern. Wenn man ihn einfach unfassbar lustig findet, so wie ich, wird man den Film lieben. Mehr gibts da einfach nicht zu sagen.

Alrighty then!

• deadmanramsey

★★★ Added by deadmanramsey

64/100

• Parker

★★★½ Rewatched by Parker 13 Feb, 2015

This used to be my favorite movie ever when I was like 12. It's still really funny and it's all due to Jim Carrey.