• MovingPictures

★★ Watched by MovingPictures 21 Jun, 2015

I might not be in the target group for this.

• Zirkzank Xyphrolenmir

★★★★ Watched by Zirkzank Xyphrolenmir 19 Jun, 2015

Jim Carrey was/is very entertaining. Even though I'd say this film was fairly bland, his character makes it fun to watch.

• rakeshm

★★★★ Watched by rakeshm 29 Aug, 2013

A lot more funnier than I thought it woild be. A time when the Carrey schtick wasnt soo annoying. Enjoyable and surprisingly risqué in places.

• LillaLili

Added by LillaLili

Ace Ventura: Állti Nyomozó

• MasterPike

★★★½ Rewatched by MasterPike 01 Jun, 2015 3

Sublime:) Probably the third best vehicle for Carey's comedic talents after "Liar, Liar" and "The Mask". A deliciously strange and kinetic take on the detective genre with Carey's phallic, manic creation chewing up scenery left, right and center. It's a pity the sequel bit, just a case of Carey trying too hard. My other favorite character of Carey's is the masochistic Fire Marshall Bill from "In Living Color".

• Sol

★★★★ Rewatched by Sol 27 May, 2015

"All righty then!"
    -Ace Ventura

71%

• MrIpkiss

★★ Rewatched by MrIpkiss 21 May, 2015

I had forgotten how much of an asshole Ace Ventura is. There are a handful of great moments spread throughout this one, but even through my nostalgia goggles, I can't say I really liked it.

• Soy

Added by Soy

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

just one big violently transmisogynistic "joke", if you can even call it that. wasn't laughing. i had fond childhood memories about carrey's cartoonish acting and slapstick, and of certain scenes in this movie in particular. what i didn't remember was the ending. on rewatching this i felt sick, upset, and horrified; i burst into tears and had to turn it off before it was ultimately done.

the climax of the film is ventura undressing the ~villainous~ trans woman, exposing her…

• Patrick D.

★★★½ Rewatched by Patrick D. 19 May, 2015

Don't get me wrong; I love my fair share of deep, philosophical, art-house films, but "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" is awesome. I typically don't adore this style of humour, but Jim Carrey is hysterical!

Letter Grade: B+

• Michael Kastner

★★★ Watched by Michael Kastner 18 May, 2015

Ich mag Jim Carrey und die 'Ace Ventura' Filme hatte ich bisher noch nicht gesehen. Keine überragende Komödie, aber ich musste schon ein paar Mal herzlich lachen. Carrey gibt vollen Körpereinsatz.

• FlickFanatics

★★★★½ Added by FlickFanatics

Classic Jim Carrey. This was one of those films I must have watched at least once a month when I was very young. I'm a sucker for these types of comedies with Carrey in the leading role.

• ERafferty

★★★ Watched by ERafferty 13 Feb, 2015

Plot is simple. The formula that proceeds is simple. Everything that Jim Carrey does throughout however, is not. Think of a mashup of Dr Dolittle and Columbo, but on a shit-load of cocaine and you get Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Essentially if you replaced Jim Carrey and recast the role, this film will critically come off just as bad as it did back in the day and it definitely wouldn’t have made as much money or have the appeal that…