• Alex Berg

★★½ Rewatched by Alex Berg 20 Aug, 2014

"Two cliches make us laugh. A hundred cliches move us. For we sense dimly that the cliches are talking among themselves, and celebrating a reunion." - Umberto Eco on Casablanca

The quote applies to this film because when it works, like in the first 40 minutes of Across the Universe when the main cast are all meeting each other and having fun in The 60's, it's irresistible. It's only when the Vietnam and Civil Rights stuff gets shoved incongruously into…

• Gastler

½ Added by Gastler

Hands-down the worst movie I've ever seen. I've never wanted to take a hammer to someone's skull more. It was one of the few movies I couldn't actually finish.

• MovieGenius

★★★★ Rewatched by MovieGenius 13 Aug, 2014 1

I wanna hold this movie's hand.

• Luke

★★★★ Added by Luke

Coming from someone who was never really a Beatles fan, this movie is amazing. I can only imagine how much a huge Beatles fan would love this one.

• Ryan Hookway

★★★½ Watched by Ryan Hookway 30 Jul, 2014

I haven't seen a whole lot of musicals, but obviously there are many different ways of doing it. Some include the music in a way that makes sense, some just break out into song, some are more fun while others are more serious. I think this movie is more of the fun and enjoyable type, and I like it for that. Sure, it can be cheesy, and you can nit pick little things and roll your eyes when you hear…

• Fabio Zelenski

★★★ Watched by Fabio Zelenski 25 Jul, 2014

Um mama mia hipster. É bom sim, muito bom inclusive. Apenas queria sentir que o filme não é uma grande colcha de retalhos, em que personagens e situações parecem estar no filme não para fazerem sentido, mas sim para colocar clássicos dos Beatles no contexto.

• Ethan Wasdovitch

★★★ Rewatched by Ethan Wasdovitch 11 Jul, 2014

I used to love this film, but really all of the dramatic elements are incredibly shallow the entire movie is just sugar coated dream of 1960s American culture. Still enjoyable and many of the musical numbers are great.

• Ēriks Beķers

★★ Watched by Ēriks Beķers 13 Jul, 2014

a.k.a.

Pavlovian Conditioning: The Movie

• Stacey

★★★★½ Rewatched by Stacey 06 Jul, 2014

the first time i watched this movie i was 11 years old and i liked it but i didnt really understand a lot of it. so watching it now, i realize that the key i was missing that answered all of my questions from before was drugs. anything questionable? drugs. this is a movie set in the sixties and based off all beatles songs after all. silly fifth grade me. (sidenote - which of my parents thought it was a…

• Glen Grunau

★★★★½ Watched by Glen Grunau 24 May, 2014

One of my favourite musicals ever.

• katoula

★★★★ Rewatched by katoula 28 Jun, 2014

Εϊχα να τη δω 2 χρόνια και θυμόμουν κάθε τραγούδι και σκηνή <3 Το Come Together παραμένει η καλύτερη στιγμή της ταινίας!

• Kezia Hutabarat

★★★½ Added by Kezia Hutabarat

THIS FILM INTRODUCES ME TO THE BEATLES.