• Cole

★★★★★ Watched by Cole 30 Sep, 2016

This is the first time I've actually seen this movie the whole way through without the vcr melting in on itself and I can honestly say that this movie stresses me out

Very reminiscent of RENT which I appreciate and also love

I didn't cry though, I cried during RENT. But still good, it just wasn't RENT ya know

• trevorayers

★★★½ Rewatched by trevorayers 24 Sep, 2016

The covers of the songs are great. Some are different than the original, some are very different, but they're all great.

A lot of cool visuals during the song sequences. Particularly "I've Just Seen a Face."

The writing is a little weak.

The direction, outside of the musical sequences, is a little bland. Same ol' same ol'

• AnimatorReviewa

★★★★★ Added by AnimatorReviewa

To get reviews a day early, follow me on Tumblr: animatorreviewer.tumblr.com

“It calls me on and on, across the universe.”

Beatles Month comes to another close as I take a look at my personal favorite musical of all time, Across The Universe.

Jude was a Liverpoolian boy who went to America to find his father. He soon befriends a delinquent named Max, gets together with Max’s sister named Lucy, & they all move to New York. There, they get a landlord…

• madlenconley

★★★★★ Watched by madlenconley 24 Sep, 2016

The whole movie was a mess, but i couldn't of loved it more

• Mysteriously Stoic

★★★ Watched by Marian 22 Sep, 2016 6

watch the get down (2016) on netflix dot com

• ArchieOxenbould

★★½ Watched by ArchieOxenbould 21 Sep, 2016

Didn't do anything for me

• AleMartz

★★★½ Added by AleMartz

the beatles are overrated, this movie isnt

• Scott Bannick

★★½ Rewatched by Scott Bannick 10 Sep, 2012

While I’ve never been a huge fan of The Beatles (I have become at the very least, super interested in The Beatles since), I certainly do recognise their influence on pop culture the entire world ’round since their debut over 40 years ago. To say that they changed things would be a very large understatement. I’m also not super-familiar with their entire song catalogue, which is why when I saw the trailers for Across the Universe a couple months back,…

• julianne

★★★★★ Watched by julianne 18 Sep, 2016

this was so incredibly stunning albeit shamelessly cheesy and i loved everything about it. it was a beautiful hybrid of experimental and musical especially highlighted in the dreamlike sequences. the music was wonderfully produced making me treasure the beatles even more than i already do

• Haromea

★★★★½ Watched by Haromea 18 Sep, 2016

Across The Universe is a film that feeds off delving into just about every debated, fought for, controversial topic you can think of. It portrays the beauty, the horror, the innocence, the greed and everything in between. I'm not such a fan of the highly hallucinogenic part(s) but other than than that, I loved the whole thing.

The MUSIC! Oh the music! The Beatles' songs live and breathe onscreen through the hearts, minds and souls of Jude, Lucy, Matt, Sadie,…

• Agustina