• LizzieMcGuire

Watched by LizzieMcGuire 08 Dec, 2016

I never I could love Beatles music so much more. The story was nice & I enjoyed watching every moment.

• Jessica Melanson

★★★★★ Added by Jessica Melanson

Try to watch this without singing along. I dare you.

• 🎁🎄Kate🎄🎁

★★★★½ Watched by 🎁🎄Kate🎄🎁 04 Dec, 2016

I didn't know Baz Luhrmann made a Beatles version of moulin rouge, howm iconic...

• ObiJuanKenobi27

★★★½ Watched by ObiJuanKenobi27 03 Dec, 2016

Feels like a 2+ hour music video, which is both good and bad. I generally don't like musicals as films because they tend to have a wall-breaking characteristic to them and I don't think that is good for immersion in film. And yeah, at times this movie seemed to belong on stage more than on screen. That being said, for being a musical, I enjoyed it a lot more than I should have. I really liked the visual style, there…

• Charles Pieper

★★★ Watched by Charles Pieper 01 Dec, 2016

This film has some stunning set pieces but also is mostly so on the nose as to its Beatles lyrics visual references as to be supremely eye rolling.

Context: I watched this for my mom was in town and wanted to see it, being a Beatles fan who grew up during this time period. As such she loved this film. Target demographics work! As does nostalgia!

• Rachael

★★★ Watched by Rachael 02 Dec, 2016

It's not the best, but man I can't help but love how the use of Beatles music and titles are intertwined into the story. The Happiness is a Warm Gun sequence and Hey Jude one's is my favorite out of the movie. I can't help but love this movie.

• nate

Watched by nate 02 Dec, 2016

moulin rouge: beatles editon

• djvilleza

★★★½ Watched by djvilleza 28 Dec, 2012

Watched this again, and fell in love with the Beatles once more, albeit in a really psychedelic fashion.

• rory

★★★★ Rewatched by rory 01 Dec, 2016

this > the actual beatles discography

• WordCriminal

★★½ Rewatched by WordCriminal 29 Nov, 2016

It's okay if you remember it's really a smattering of theatrical music videos with no plot

• Truman Segal

★★★★½ Watched by Truman Segal 29 Nov, 2016 5

The narrative at the center of Across the Universe is very typical and unoriginal, but what makes it so good is the music.

Yes, this is an incredibly biased review, seeing as I'm a huge fan of the Fab Four, but the music really just made the film for me, especially the choreography and vision going along with it.

The best one is probably I Want You (She's So Heavy). Besides being the incredibly addicting song that it is, the…

• faythe

★★★ Watched by faythe 18 Nov, 2016

In the movie "Across the Universe," the film utilizes popular The Beatles songs to compose the sub-plot to the movie without mentioning the band outright. The use of the bands popular tracks gives heft to the film's setting being during the height of the Vietnam War.

One song that contrast between the scene and being the lyrics is one of the opening songs where the character Prudence introduced. She sings the song, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." During the duration…