• Andy Mitchell

Watched by Andy Mitchell 22 Oct, 2016

I'd love to turn you off...

• Pascale

★★★★★ Rewatched by Pascale 13 Oct, 2016

I'm watching this movie all over again just for the look on their faces at the very end on the rooftop.

• k8

★★★½ Rewatched by k8 12 Oct, 2016

honestly has its flaws but so??? fun???

• Lore Monger

★½ Watched by Lore Monger 05 Oct, 2016

It's movies like this that justify that pool of vomit in the bottom of my throat when the word musical comes up. Okay, Across the Universe wasn't all horrible, it wasn't much good either. I can't put the blame on the execution, Julie Taymor had some good sequences that would make amazing music videos, and the production values are top notch. I even enjoyed a few of the covers. The problem with the movie is the core gimmick. Take as…

• Lilsmizzul

★★★½ Added by Lilsmizzul

Loved it years ago... but then i realized half of the songs are either unnecessary or not even good covers.

• Matt Kersey

★★½ Watched by Matt Kersey 18 Sep, 2016

The sum is better than the whole of its parts here.

Julie Taymor is nothing if not a woman who takes risks, and the best sequences in this Beatles jukebox musical are ones where the music, imagery and storytelling really mesh together. I really liked the eerie tango dance and dehumanizing military exam in "I Want You (She's So Heavy)", and also the (albeit on-the-nose) "Strawberry Fields Forever" sequence intersecting art and war together. The musical arrangements are all at…

• B.

★★★½ Rewatched by B. 04 Oct, 2016

I'm filled with nostalgia everytime I watch this (it's been at least ten times). I don't think it will ever go away.

• Bine

★★★★★ Added by Bine

Most underrated movie EVER.

• Cole

★★★★★ Watched by Cole 30 Sep, 2016 1

This is the first time I've actually seen this movie the whole way through without the vcr melting in on itself and I can honestly say that this movie stresses me out

Very reminiscent of RENT which I appreciate and also love

I didn't cry though, I cried during RENT. But still good, it just wasn't RENT ya know

• trevorayers

★★★½ Rewatched by trevorayers 24 Sep, 2016

The covers of the songs are great. Some are different than the original, some are very different, but they're all great.

A lot of cool visuals during the song sequences. Particularly "I've Just Seen a Face."

The writing is a little weak.

The direction, outside of the musical sequences, is a little bland. Same ol' same ol'

• AnimatorReviewa

★★★★★ Added by AnimatorReviewa

To get reviews a day early, follow me on Tumblr: animatorreviewer.tumblr.com

“It calls me on and on, across the universe.”

Beatles Month comes to another close as I take a look at my personal favorite musical of all time, Across The Universe.

Jude was a Liverpoolian boy who went to America to find his father. He soon befriends a delinquent named Max, gets together with Max’s sister named Lucy, & they all move to New York. There, they get a landlord…

• madlenconley

★★★★★ Watched by madlenconley 24 Sep, 2016

The whole movie was a mess, but i couldn't of loved it more