• Catalina

Watched by Catalina 17 Nov, 2015

I wanted to enjoy this movie but it's a mess.

• David

★★★½ Rewatched by David 16 Nov, 2015

I was obsessed when I first saw this at the age of 16, almost 17 (in 2008). I watched it so many times in one year that I haven't watched it since 2009. I certainly still have a soft spot for it, but time and distance has dramatically decreased my bias. It's really just an enjoyable mess with no sense of cohesion or any notion of what a story is. Not all the covers are successful, but I still really like a lot of them.

• stereochromatic

★★★ Rewatched by stereochromatic 14 Nov, 2015

Loved this when I saw it in theaters when it first came out and I was 17. My least favorite parts then were my favorite parts this time around and vice versa, which means I enjoyed most of the movie far less seeing it as an adult. But I still really enjoy hearing Jim Sturgess sing Beatles songs.

• emma renton

Watched by emma renton 11 Nov, 2015

petition for films asociated with the beatles to stop pls no more

• sharky_55

★★★½ Added by sharky_55

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

There are and will always be musical diehards who adamantly oppose these types of musical tributes. Who steadfastly believe in maintaining the integrity and artistry of the original Beatles. Those people are missing out on something quite wonderful (and if they listened to Joe Cocker's rendition of With a Little Help from My Friends they would be quite surprised). Across the Universe is a scrambled story, at times valuing its music ahead of its characters or its narrative, and sometimes…

• Gustavo Menezes

★★½ Watched by Gustavo Menezes 10 Oct, 2015

Yet another one of those movies which revell in a romanticized version of the 60s (rebel counter-culture American youth) without even scratching the surface of the events it tries to depict.

• Shikhar Verma

★½ Watched by Shikhar Verma 11 Oct, 2015

While I appreciate Julie Taymor for trying to show her love for The Beatles. I cannot fathom the fact that even with breathtaking visuals and brilliantly performed songs, the film feels like a a collection of music videos stretched out like a typical Bollywood film. The characters don't feel real, their emotions don't feel real and the sad part is, the film doesn't feel real.

• The Movie Guy

★★★ Watched by The Movie Guy 06 Oct, 2015

Who knew The Beatles were really just singing a movie all this time lol

• Brie East

★★½ Added by Brie East

God, do I hate this movie.

The visuals are stunning, but it's just a Beatles jerk-off fest. The story is just weird and has no real substance.

Also, a bunch of ~fake deep~ kids at school loved this movie, which, while that's not enough to dismiss the film entirely, makes this one personal.

• Dominic Cobb

★★ Watched by Dominic Cobb 28 Sep, 2015

Uneven, disjointed, uninteresting, boring.

• Patrick Perring

★★★★ Watched by Patrick Perring 24 Sep, 2015

3 starts alone for the soundtrack and music

• Becca Richards

★★★★ Added by Becca Richards

The musicians make this movie incredible. The arrangements of our favourite Beatles songs are done brilliantly.