• rahbin

★★★ Watched by rahbin 28 Jul, 2016

I'm probably one of the few who doesn't profess a love for the Beatles (or musicals) nevertheless this was a good movie.

• Fightwitch

★½ Added by Fightwitch

Why. It was so bad. I just. Why. Like, I give props to the cinematographers, but Julie. Goddammit Julie, why did you make this film. The music is barely laced together. Barely.
    Just go watch rent.

• harryeskin

★★★½ Added by harryeskin

Okay. To be honest, most of the dramatic scenes suck. Yes, they're terrible. The plot seems to have been written in one sitting by a couple of people with a Beatles songbook and a pictorial summary of the 60s. This makes the first half or so rather agonizing; its musical numbers are competent enough but unremarkable (except for bits in the bowling alley and Joe Cocker's performance of 'Come Together'). Then we come to the turning point - 'I Want…

• Ben Riley

★★ Added by Ben Riley

An aimlessly well meaning trifle. Benefits from some nice production values even if it's largely shot like a TV special, the young cast does their best with the shallow archetypes they're given, the musical numbers are more or less passable if completely forgettable, and the story is seemingly intended to bear some extremely tenuous connection to actual historical events, if Wikipedia is to be trusted. Not particularly offensive but I expect the whole thing will be forgotten in the morning.

• lindylieu

½ Watched by lindylieu 24 Jul, 2016

The only redeeming part of this movie was Eddie Izzard's bit.

• Ece

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ece 24 Jul, 2016

i can't believe this movie invented music

• Tristan (MovieReviews100)

★★★★★ Watched by Tristan (MovieReviews100) 12 Jul, 2016

WOW................ I'm speechless!

Across the Universe is a film that I have been meaning to watch for a couple years now. I'm a HUGE Beatles fan, and the soundtrack is one of my favourite albums of all time. It's also one of my parents favourite movies of all time. Anyways, I decided to watch it tonight with my family. I'm glad I waited a few years to watch it because I don't think it would have had the same impact…

• Kyle Cota

★★★½ Watched by Kyle Cota 11 Jul, 2016

Beautiful, imaginative musical sequences but a little overlong with uninteresting characters. I understand that the characters are supposed to be archetypal with the purpose of the film, but it still doesn't work as good storytelling.

Overall, it still works as a great Beatles tribute. But I would probably just watch the musical sequences.

Favorites were Come Together and the Underwater sequence.

• kristi

★★★★★ Rewatched by kristi 11 Jul, 2016

that let it be cover is RIDICULOUS

• Courtland Hopkins

★★★ Rewatched by Courtland Hopkins 10 Jul, 2016

It was okay. The musical sequences are good but the movie that is around the musical sequences is pretty mediocre. It just doesn't seem good. Definitely worth the watch if you're a fan of The Beatles. I think it's alright.

• Dylan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dylan 11 Jul, 2016

The best musical easily imo

• Kaelahn Taylor

★★★ Watched by Kaelahn Taylor 07 Jul, 2016

Came for the music, but the story was just good enough to keep me around for the whole runtime.