• CoALabaer

Watched by CoALabaer 26 Aug, 2016

Half-washed, cliche, no dramaturgy, no acting.
    I could go on. Or we could all try to forget this movie happened.
    The Beatles songs are nice, obviously.

• Mariana

★★★★ Watched by Mariana 21 Aug, 2016

Film #14 of the August Scavenger Hunt
    Task 9 - A film that you'd watch primarily for the music!

I loved this a lot. Almost as much as I love the poster.

Yeah sure, a lot of the moments in the story are noticeably put together without a very strong linking thread, just for the use of the songs. I mean, I really didn't get what Prudence was even in the story for, if not only for the song Dear…

• captainathos

★★★★ Rewatched by captainathos 21 Aug, 2016

I cried the whole way through lol

• Gals

★★★½ Watched by Gals 18 Aug, 2016

The Beatles were such a great assembly of music that when I think that George Harrison was one of the greatest song writers ever but he was 3rd best Beatle song writer it blows my mind. And that mind blowing music is the center of this film. (Hey) Jude and Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) fall in love, Max(wells silver hammer) gets sent to war and (sexy) Sadie breaks up her band to make the record company happy. And…

• laura stanciu

Added by laura stanciu

i liked the poster and i saw something about the beatles so
    but i hate musicals with a passion. so...bummer

• jarroyo620

★★ Watched by jarroyo620 13 Feb, 2016

Netflix

• Elly

★★★ Watched by Elly 16 Aug, 2016

It wasn't bad. But I probably would have liked it more if I was a Beatles fan. Or high for that matter. I will say though that the song and dance with all the soldiers around the middle looked so cool. Best scene hands down.

• Reianna Overstreet

★★★½ Watched by Reianna Overstreet 09 Aug, 2016

The first half of this was really great. Yes, not a lot happens as far as a plot, but that never really bothered me with movies. If it entertains me, it entertains me. But about halfway through, it completely lost me. I hated all the surreal, hippie drug infused scenes with the weird animation. I was so tempted to fast forward through them, but I stuck it out to the end where it got back on track. The last half…

• SexyDarwin

★★½ Added by SexyDarwin

I feel that the only reason that this movie exixts is so that we can check off that there is a Beatles musical.

Also once you find out that the two main characters are named Jude and Lucy, the whole movie becomes a waiting game.

• Travis Lytle

★★★★ Rewatched by Travis Lytle 12 Aug, 2016

A tour of a mostly North American/slightly British 1960s powered by the songs of the Beatles, Julie Taymor's "Across the Universe" is a fully fleshed-out character beat or two from being great. As it stands, however, the musical drama is a strong, tuneful, and visually appealing. It may all lean toward the too-too recognizable side in terms of its story, but, when the film works, it works very well.

Focusing on characters coming of age during the Vietnam conflict and…

• J. Houses

★★★ Watched by J. Houses 01 Aug, 2016

Pelicula al servicio de canciones previas, pero sin llegar al horror de Mamma Mía. Agradable de ver. Le falla el tono, unas veces romántica, otras realista, otras musical broadway y otyras partes completamente psicodélicas.

• ShotbyShe

★★★★ Rewatched by ShotbyShe 23 Jul, 2016

I always thought the "Hold your Hand" scene was ill-placed and a strange character introduction. Prudence all together is a confusing, un-established character. The "Let It Be" scene killed me however. Tears poured down my face during that whole story. Death and war.

Somehow, yet again, another re-watch wasn't as up to par as when I first watched it. It makes me sad. Though Across the Universe isn't as re-watchable as I thought it was, there are some scenes to die for, so still two thumbs up.