• Pedro Paixao

Watched by Pedro Paixao 10 Feb, 2016

an art movie with big budget

• bdavis

★★★★ Watched by bdavis 07 Feb, 2016

"Music's the only thing that makes sense anymore, man. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay."

• Josefa Ruz

★★★★★ Added by Josefa Ruz

Yeah sure it's a really fucking weird movie but also a really good one. It really plays tribute to the Beatles and the music is just fantastic.

• Tiye

★★★★ Watched by Tiye 06 Feb, 2016

It wasn't a particularly good film, although it was one of the most visually beautiful films I've seen

• Audrey Emerson

★★★★★ Added by Audrey Emerson

fav

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Like It!

• kt

★★★ Added by kt

actually watched this a week and a half ago but i forgot to log :/

rly nostalgic movie for me, the middle chunk is the best, hot people, i love gay prudence, ugh bono

• Rebecca Valadez

★★★★ Watched by Rebecca Valadez 02 Feb, 2016

😍

• Dylan Dylan

★★★★ Added by Dylan Dylan

If you're a Beatles fan, you're probably gonna love this movie. If you're a guy who just stumbles upon this, you'll surely enjoy it.

Across the Universe is a very fun and stylish musical. What makes me hesitant to give it five stars is a few moments where I just stop and see "what in the actual hell ?" Okay, so perhaps I shouldn't judge on that considering this musical is just one giant nod to a very strange and…

• Brendan Michaels

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Michaels 29 Jan, 2016

10/10

I might be biased with this movie because The Beatles are my favorite band of all time but I enjoy the shit out if this movie. It represents everything The Beatles were and will be for the rest of time. It is the weirdest movie I've ever seen. It feels so psychedelic too. I love this movie.

• Kate ✌️

★★★ Added by Kate ✌️

my mom really liked this movie

• Totenkindly

★★½ Watched by Totenkindly 24 Jan, 2016

The most probable comparison of "Across the Universe" will be to "Moulin Rouge!" They are both movies with a huge component of culturally translated music.

But there's a significant difference between the two: Moulin Rouge is a story that uses musical numbers to support the narrative, whereas Across the Universe is really a soundtrack / montage of music videos tied together by the barest of narrative frameworks. While the story of Moulin Rouge works with or without the music, the…