• Melody

★★★★★ Rewatched by Melody 03 Aug, 2015

"They SHOULD be radical. YOU should be radical. We should ALL be radical!"

Wow, three old reviews to copy and paste. That's good, because I watched this with a couple of friends n I tend to really take my reviewer hat off when I do that so I can just be with them. This is the explosion that takes place in your head when you think of The Beatles, whether you like it or not. There's a sense in which…

• mfulton

★★★★ Added by mfulton

B+

• Joshua Nomen-Mutatio

Added by Joshua Nomen-Mutatio

I love the Beatles and absolutely loathed this movie. Utter crap. Avoid unless intending to pull a Mystery Science Theater 3000 kind of viewing. Even then, I'd probably recommend avoidance. (This was typed while listening to the titular song "Across the Universe", which is timelessly beautiful.)

• Keith

★½ Watched by Keith 16 Jul, 2015 2

Musicals featuring songs from one person or band, or from one particular period are often difficult to do, as the songs touch on so many different topics that to incorporate them into one film makes the story a jumbled mess.

Jim Sturgess does ok. He is an actor I first stumbled across in an episode of "A Touch of Frost" and thought he was great. Since then, in everything I have seen him in, he has underwhelmed. So for this…

• L!M!N

★★★★½ Added by L!M!N

A bit lengthy, but a whimsical ride through the Beatles discography.

• Jason Shah

★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Shah 05 Jul, 2015

1250 out of 6162 movies on my Flickchart

• Fredrik Fyhr

★½ Watched by Fredrik Fyhr 03 Jul, 2015

Experts texperts don't you think that Bono disguised as Dennis Hopper in EASY RIDER laughs at you.

This is a fake, exploitative, artless, soulless, poorly acted, underplotted, painfully bloated and overlong, moronically literal, provokingly naive, conformist, racist, shallow, pukebox musical that takes a 130 minute long scentless poop and uses the entire Beatles catalog as toilet paper.

How I wish Gaspar Noé could have directed it.

Message of movie: Art doesn't exist. Only commerce and spectacle exists. Human endeavor is…

• Rosp

★★★ Added by Rosp

Nota = 6,5

• Erin Finnerty

★★ Added by Erin Finnerty

somewhere on east coast my future husband saw this in a theater with some friends and walked out but not before yelling "finally!" when some girl took her top off. i thought it was okay, a bit hamfisted

• Melissa Sue

★★★★½ Watched by Melissa Sue 28 Jun, 2015

Ate my feelings away while watching this. Good flick.

• SmokingPizza

★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

I remember someone told me once they didnt 'get' this movie. Uh, what's there to get? It's the Beatles music become visual. It's good, better than you'd probably expect it to be.

• PhilParma

½ Added by PhilParma

It's a bunch of second(or third...or fourth) rate Beatles covers. In any event, the Beatles are impossible to cover, and so this was an exercise in futility from its conception. I would say that this movie disgraces the Beatles, but that gives it too much importance. Just ignore this film.