• Connor

★★★★★ Added by Connor

Amazing musical and one of my favorites! The Beatles are my favorite band so I really loved this film.

• Tommy Brennan

★★★ Watched by Tommy Brennan 12 Dec, 2014

Love story meets music video meets acid
    trip.

Which I guess is just any modern music video anyways

• MabeA

★★★★★ Added by MabeA

Love the visual effects and the application of the musics to the script.

• Andrew Davis

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Davis 11 Dec, 2014

All but a few of the characters are pretty one-note and the story could use some work, but "Across the Universe" is a great visual trip with stunning imagery, a talented cast, and great covers of songs by The Beatles that make the film enjoyable to watch over and over again.

• Arya Harsono

★★★★½ Added by Arya Harsono

I love the Beatles. I love musicals. I love that Julie Taymor put the two together. It's just a lot of fun and the songs are catchy and also Bono.

Also, I've seen this about 16 times so that should say something.

• alf025237

★★★★½ Added by alf025237

simplesmente maravilhoso. história incrível com ótimas atuações e o que dizer da trilha sonora: maravilhosa.

• Bobby Edwards

★★★★ Added by Bobby Edwards

I love this movie!!!!

• Alexandra Lagerwey

★★★½ Rewatched by Alexandra Lagerwey 09 Nov, 2014

I don't know whose idea it was to take a bunch of mushrooms and watch this film directly after - but it was a solid one.

Thoughts that followed were:
    - Lucy is a drag
    - Jude took too many Marijuanas
    - Why does Lucy care so much about Max? (My friend missed the part about them being siblings and thus the film turned REALLY weird for her)
    - The first half hour of the film is terrible
    - Arguing…

• bluevoid

★★★ Watched by bluevoid 19 Oct, 2008

Despite being disjointed and at times aimless, there is something about the film that is pure. It is what it is... A Beatles soundtrack with a movie stuffed in. Sometimes the the filmmakers need to segue into another Beatles song is frustrating and comes off forced, but on a whole it gives a decent tribute to the band. If for no other reason, see it for the music.

• ecnu

★★★★½ Watched by ecnu 19 Oct, 2014

I'm a Beatles superfan, so I was destined to love this.

There is cheesiness here but, fuck it, it's a musical.

As the passage of time flows harmoniously, the 1960s are represented nostalgically, with psychedelic colour and visuals exploding across the screen. Spectacular cinematography and choreography carries us through the action while Beatles music is mixed beautifully to suit a stormy decade.

A journey of emotional and musical splendour.

• Sam

★★★ Watched by Sam 27 Sep, 2014

Different, and respectable effort. I find most Beatles covers unbearable, so that had an effect, though some were done well.

• Melania Gadja

★★★½ Watched by Melania Gadja 22 Sep, 2014

Directed by Julie Taymore("The tempest") , Across the Univers is a musical that gathered from lousy ("goofy,pompous" ) to great ("bold","visually enchanting" ) criticism and to witch Taymore referred as an attempt "to creat an original musical using the songs of the Beatles".
    Starring Evan Rachel Woods as Lucy , an american suburbs teenage , Joe Andeson as Max ,her brother and Jim Sturgess as Jude , a young english worker who goes to America , the film doesn't have…