• joy-pix

★★★★½ Watched by joy-pix 28 Mar, 2015

I enjoyed Julie Taymor's The Tempest and came across this 2007 film when reading other people's reviews of the former. Luckily my city's library system had a copy of the DVD. Aren't libraries a wonderful institution!

I thoroughly enjoyed Across the Universe as a tribute to both the Beatles' music, and the political protests of the 60's and 70's. I was in my teens and twenties during this period, so it brought back many varied memories. And the Beatles music…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Stunning musical tribute to The Beatles.

• cyborgwings

★★★★½ Rewatched by cyborgwings 21 Mar, 2015

beleolvastam a kommentekbe és rendesen elszégyelltem magam, hogy nekem bizony tetszik ez a film. aggódtam, hogy ennyi év távlatából csalódás lesz majd újranézni és egy kicsit tényleg kevésbé tetszett most, de még mindig szuper jónak tartom, hogy beatles dalokból/dalok köré építettek föl egy történetet.
    bohó lávsztoriból aránylag gyorsan pszichedelikus hippilázadásba fordul a film, de ez az együttes életútját és azt a korszakot figyelembe véve talán nem is meglepő. leginkább is néha szorosabban, néha lazábban összefűzött videoklipek sorozataként lehet rá tekinteni.…

• Joxer22

★★★★ Watched by Joxer22 21 Mar, 2015

Bitlisz bitlisz bitlisz!

• Madi Arthur

★★★½ Added by Madi Arthur

Sadie: Where'd she come from?
    Jude: She came in through the bathroom window.

I thought about taking this movie off my favourites list. But then I realised I was an idiot.
    This film is actually quite good. I often describe as 'It's like mamma mia, but with The Beatles music instead and everyone is a hippie.' It's pretty damn good. I first watched it because my annoying friends forced me to watch it, but it was good. It was pretty good.

• hilal beskardesler

★★★★★ Added by hilal beskardesler

As a Beatles fan and also love 70s music, this movie was great for me. In every detail in the movie is about Beatles. I love the soundtrack and that guitar solo Jeff Beck plays A Day In Life. Although, there wasn't much stuff about "Paul is dead"... Miss him Miss him Miss him... I always thought that was a joke between the band cause they like to be mysterious but when Lennon died, we really missed him.

• Joe Bloggs

Watched by Joe Bloggs 09 Sep, 2007

Roll Up, Roll Up for the Mystery Tour

• maya-noëlle

★★★½ Rewatched by maya-noëlle 14 Feb, 2015

you either love this movie or you hate it. luckily, i fall in the former category. it's literally just a film weakly strung together by a series of strongly-choreographed beatles covers--nevertheless, i love this movie. it's entertaining and at times incredibly bizarre, and if you forget that it jumps all over the place and abandons plot points at the speed of light for the sake of beatles songs, you might actually like it.

• SarK

★★★★★ Watched by SarK 08 Feb, 2015

❤️❤️❤️

• Guzo

★★★½ Rewatched by Guzo 08 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Tops :
    + The Beatles : Music and winks to their career
    + Musical scenes are nicely linked to the story
    + Jim Sturgess / Evan Rachel Wood relationship
    + Bono and the Magical Mystery Tour moment

Flops :
    - Cheese Fest at times
    - Joe Anderson kind of annoying
    - Some sub-stories are just filler, not exploited at all (lesbian girl)

• Lorelei Hoffman

★★★ Watched by Lorelei Hoffman 08 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I enjoyed this film. A lot.

But.

Cinematically it was very inconsistent. Many scenes were constructed so interestingly (dance numbers, "trippy" effects) some scenes were so lackluster and irrelevant to the story that I wondered why this film got such good reviews.

I know why it did, actually. It's because Everybody Loves The Beatles. And I'm guilty for falling for this sloppily constructed ruse that Across The Universe was a good movie because I love these songs and I loved…

• Judy

★★★ Rewatched by Judy 02 Feb, 2015

Back when I thought the Beatles were actually bigger than Jesus, I watched this and thought it was a masterpiece. Nah.