• Scott Molling

★★★ Watched by Scott Molling 05 May, 2015

Very thinly written characters and story made to fit to Beatles songs. Occasionally they hit upon an interesting arrangement, but for every hit there's about half a dozen misses. The Strawberry Fields Forever sequence is the definite highlight.

• alia miller

Watched by alia miller 04 May, 2015

You know which movie is more annoying to get through?
    None. None other movie.
    I.
    Hate.
    This.
    Nonsense.

• Dæl Ryian ßxott Hu'ciŋson :Born In the Year of the Samurai

★★ Added by Dæl Ryian ßxott Hu'ciŋson :Born In the Year of the Samurai

I've been through many musical phases in my life... though I've grown out of it. sure there's bands I listen to more than others but that's normal

phases include but not limited to*

Zappa
    ZZ Top
    Donovan
    P-Funk
    Alt rock catch up

and of course the Beatles# and not just any fan. listening to unreleased music. it was at that time this movie came out

O.K the story is shit but the thing…

• Nick

★★½ Added by Nick

A wholly striking and powerful modern musical up until about half-way through when everything falls apart. As soon as the writers start exploring The Beatles' hallucinogenic-inspired era of music, Across the Universe starts feeling like a bad trip.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

DVD

• Marna Larsen

★★ Added by Marna Larsen

You know how some movies, you look back and are like 'what was I thinking' and can't believe you were that easy to buy just because - what? Singing and dancing?

And then you feel sort of cheap and used.

That was this movie for me.

• joy-pix

★★★★½ Watched by joy-pix 28 Mar, 2015

I enjoyed Julie Taymor's The Tempest and came across this 2007 film when reading other people's reviews of the former. Luckily my city's library system had a copy of the DVD. Aren't libraries a wonderful institution!

I thoroughly enjoyed Across the Universe as a tribute to both the Beatles' music, and the political protests of the 60's and 70's. I was in my teens and twenties during this period, so it brought back many varied memories. And the Beatles music…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Stunning musical tribute to The Beatles.

• cyborgwings

★★★★½ Rewatched by cyborgwings 21 Mar, 2015

beleolvastam a kommentekbe és rendesen elszégyelltem magam, hogy nekem bizony tetszik ez a film. aggódtam, hogy ennyi év távlatából csalódás lesz majd újranézni és egy kicsit tényleg kevésbé tetszett most, de még mindig szuper jónak tartom, hogy beatles dalokból/dalok köré építettek föl egy történetet.
    bohó lávsztoriból aránylag gyorsan pszichedelikus hippilázadásba fordul a film, de ez az együttes életútját és azt a korszakot figyelembe véve talán nem is meglepő. leginkább is néha szorosabban, néha lazábban összefűzött videoklipek sorozataként lehet rá tekinteni.…

• Joxer22

★★★★ Watched by Joxer22 21 Mar, 2015

Bitlisz bitlisz bitlisz!

• Madi Arthur

★★★½ Added by Madi Arthur

Sadie: Where'd she come from?
    Jude: She came in through the bathroom window.

I thought about taking this movie off my favourites list. But then I realised I was an idiot.
    This film is actually quite good. I often describe as 'It's like mamma mia, but with The Beatles music instead and everyone is a hippie.' It's pretty damn good. I first watched it because my annoying friends forced me to watch it, but it was good. It was pretty good.

• hilal beskardesler

★★★★★ Added by hilal beskardesler

As a Beatles fan and also love 70s music, this movie was great for me. In every detail in the movie is about Beatles. I love the soundtrack and that guitar solo Jeff Beck plays A Day In Life. Although, there wasn't much stuff about "Paul is dead"... Miss him Miss him Miss him... I always thought that was a joke between the band cause they like to be mysterious but when Lennon died, we really missed him.