• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Like It!

• kt

★★★ Added by kt

actually watched this a week and a half ago but i forgot to log :/

rly nostalgic movie for me, the middle chunk is the best, hot people, i love gay prudence, ugh bono

• Rebecca Valadez

★★★★ Watched by Rebecca Valadez 02 Feb, 2016

😍

• Dylan Dylan

★★★★ Added by Dylan Dylan

If you're a Beatles fan, you're probably gonna love this movie. If you're a guy who just stumbles upon this, you'll surely enjoy it.

Across the Universe is a very fun and stylish musical. What makes me hesitant to give it five stars is a few moments where I just stop and see "what in the actual hell ?" Okay, so perhaps I shouldn't judge on that considering this musical is just one giant nod to a very strange and…

• Brendan Michaels

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Michaels 29 Jan, 2016

10/10

I might be biased with this movie because The Beatles are my favorite band of all time but I enjoy the shit out if this movie. It represents everything The Beatles were and will be for the rest of time. It is the weirdest movie I've ever seen. It feels so psychedelic too. I love this movie.

• Kate ✌️

★★★ Added by Kate ✌️

my mom really liked this movie

• Totenkindly

★★½ Watched by Totenkindly 24 Jan, 2016

The most probable comparison of "Across the Universe" will be to "Moulin Rouge!" They are both movies with a huge component of culturally translated music.

But there's a significant difference between the two: Moulin Rouge is a story that uses musical numbers to support the narrative, whereas Across the Universe is really a soundtrack / montage of music videos tied together by the barest of narrative frameworks. While the story of Moulin Rouge works with or without the music, the…

• isa shaw

★★★★½ Watched by isa shaw 23 Jan, 2016

before i start this review i should say that i have a bit of a bias going into it. i used to always watch this movie with my amma (who raised me for the first eleven years of my life), but she passed away a couple years after the release and i hadn't watched it since. watching this movie came with a happy nostalgia. one of the main reasons i love this movie is because it just made me feel…

• Katherine

★★★½ Rewatched by Katherine 22 Jan, 2016

this was the first time in like 4 years that i had seen this and i love the visuals and music still but MAN! that plots lackin

★★★★ Rewatched by Crystal 11 Nov, 2008

Finally showed this movie to my mom, Beatles superfan. She ~kind~ of enjoyed it? Her lifelong aversion to cover songs was certainly a hurdle to overcome.

★★★★ Rewatched by Crystal 19 Mar, 2008

My brother isn't as taken with this movie as I am but we had a good time watching it nonetheless.

★★★★ Rewatched by Crystal 05 Feb, 2008

DVD release party. (And by party, I mean me watching this by myself singing like a fool.)