• cristore

★★★★★ Added by cristore

Perfect.

• Darcey Luttrell

★★★★½ Watched by Darcey Luttrell 17 Jan, 2015

THIS FILM MAN. I really love it. I can only describe it as like Mamma Mia but with the Beatles instead of ABBA.

• Amanda

★★ Added by Amanda

This is yah basic art hoe's fave movie, she thinks it's hella deep

• Maia Olorin

★★★½ Added by Maia Olorin

Trippin through love and beatles.

• Alex Valdés

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Valdés 19 May, 2015

I have a love-hate relationship with this movie. It's a cringeworthy Beatles tribute at a Super Bowl halftime show. It's a preteen Beatlemaniac's sloppy fanfiction. It's a completely embarassing jukebox musical that's hard to look at. I think the soul-crushing nadir of this movie is during the "I Want You" number, where a group of soldiers trudge through a model of a 'Nam jungle carrying the Statue of Liberty and belting out "SHE'S SO HEAVY!" Get it? Because muh 'Merica…

• Alex Leadbeater

★★★ Watched by Alex Leadbeater 09 May, 2015

Turning Dear Prudence, which was originally written about Mia Farrow's sister, into a metaphor for coming out of the closet (literally) pretty much sums this film up. It's got a unique vision and is more about the impact and effect of The Beatles' music than what actually makes it brilliant, but is also painfully on the nose and a bit silly.

• jackieray

★★★ Rewatched by jackieray 08 May, 2015

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial…

• Scott Molling

★★★ Rewatched by Scott Molling 05 May, 2015

Very thinly written characters and story made to fit to Beatles songs. Occasionally they hit upon an interesting arrangement, but for every hit there's about half a dozen misses. The Strawberry Fields Forever sequence is the definite highlight.

• alia miller

Watched by alia miller 04 May, 2015

You know which movie is more annoying to get through?
    None. None other movie.
    I.
    Hate.
    This.
    Nonsense.

• Dale Hutchinson👌

★★ Added by Dale Hutchinson👌

I've been through many musical phases in my life... though I've grown out of it. sure there's bands I listen to more than others but that's normal

phases include but not limited to*

Zappa
    ZZ Top
    Donovan
    P-Funk
    Alt rock catch up

and of course the Beatles# and not just any fan. listening to unreleased music. it was at that time this movie came out

O.K the story is shit but the thing…

• Nick

★★½ Added by Nick

A wholly striking and powerful modern musical up until about half-way through when everything falls apart. As soon as the writers start exploring The Beatles' hallucinogenic-inspired era of music, Across the Universe starts feeling like a bad trip.

• Marna Larsen

★★ Added by Marna Larsen

You know how some movies, you look back and are like 'what was I thinking' and can't believe you were that easy to buy just because - what? Singing and dancing?

And then you feel sort of cheap and used.

That was this movie for me.