• Oti

★★★ Watched by Oti 07 Mar, 2014

Esta propuesta de película musical con canciones de los Beatles no termina de convencerme, si le pongo alguna estrella más es por el valor de las canciones.

This proposal for a musical movie with Beatles songs doesn't convince me, if I put some more star is for the value of the songs.

• ludopatini

★★★★ Watched by ludopatini 03 Mar, 2014

χρόνια τώρα έψαχνα το νόημα της ζωής. τελικά είναι ο jim sturgess.

• kDASHlub

★★★ Watched by kDASHlub 24 Feb, 2014

Its visually stunning, but just short of a masterpiece.

• Christopher TS

★★★ Rewatched by Christopher TS 24 Feb, 2014

Not sure what possessed me to watch this today. Noticed it on my shelf and thought, "Hey! Watching this would be much better than attending to any responsibilities I might have!" And it was. Though I wish I would have swallowed a cup or two of cough syrup before I watched it, as the visuals would have been far more stimulating and the occasionally-shitty covers wouldn't have been occasionally-shitty. Carol Woods on "Let It Be" is a standout. As is…

• kylegarvey

½ Added by kylegarvey

Overblown, pretentious schlock. Picking some of the least awesome songs in the Beatles catalog, interpreting them in the most clichéd way possible, then inviting a bunch of whitebread wannabes to masturbate into the mess: this does not a good film make.

• MandaCharmander

★★★★½ Rewatched by MandaCharmander 11 Feb, 2014

If you're a Beatles fan, you need to see this movie.

I loved the visuals in this movie, and it fits with the tone of the movie. The acting was great, and the choreography was top notch.

• Katie

★★★★½ Watched by Katie 02 Feb, 2014

taking a little break from tom cruise week to watch a movie a friend recommended. she said 'if you love the beatles, you'll love this movie'. and she was right!

• Scott Audetat

★★★ Watched by Scott Audetat 02 Feb, 2014

Okay I give total props to what they tried do and how good the singing was, but I really couldn't connect with this one.

I thought the lead cast was great, especially Anderson, but the love story was flat for me as Wood and Sturgess just had no chemistry in my eyes.

I am really not a Beatles fan, so most of the music was very blah to me. I did like what they did with Let It Be or the I Want You military bit.

The ending was lame too. See it for the personal performances, but the story isnt good enough.

• Ryu Murillo Veyda

★★★ Watched by Ryu Murillo Veyda 21 Jan, 2014

Visualmente chingona; arreglos musicales pasables. ¿Porqué no tener un guión igual de interesante? #AcrossTheUniverse pic.twitter.com/iwbKtXRP8L

— Ryu Murillo Veyda (@MurilloVeyda) enero 22, 2014

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Eirik Woie Thue

★★★½ Watched by Eirik Woie Thue 19 Jan, 2014

A good musical. It has some funny moments and more serious moments. The one thing I didn't like so much about this movie. Is that they only used good looking people, That is not how the real world looks like. And the actors aren't singers, you can notice that their singing isn't perfect everywhere. Except for those things this is a good film, it's better than most the musicals I have seen earlier. I haven't seen many musicals earlier, and that is because I'm not much of a fan of musicals. I recommend this film if you like musicals.

• Rick Kidd

★★★★★ Watched by Rick Kidd 19 Jan, 2014

Only saw this film on a whim after seeing the trailer on another DVD. One of my better decisions as this is cracking film. Basic this is a video jukebox film of Beatles songs with a story fit round them e.g. the lead character is called Jude - so guess what "Hey Jude" pops up near the end. That may sound corny but I don't care - I had a great time watching this film!!

• Reinis Vaza

★★★★ Added by Reinis Vaza

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story
    All about the girl who came to stay?
    She's the kind of girl you want so much
    It makes you sorry
    Still you don't regret a single day.
    Ah, girl......girl."

Pēc pirmās filmas ainas, kurā galvenais varonis nodziedāja dziesmas "Girl" pirmo pantiņu, sapratu, ka filma man patiks. Tā arī bija.
    Jā, filma nav izcili saturīga un ir tāda, ja var teikt - nekārtīga brīžiem, bet man tas netraucēja, jo es sagaidīju…