• zach parker

- wife's pick
    - that's all.

• lainie

★★★★★ Rewatched by lainie 30 Mar, 2016

with each rewatch, i fall even more in love with this movie.

• Beca

★★★★ Rewatched by Beca 01 Apr, 2016

I forgot I rewatched this earlier in the day when letterboxd was being screwy. I still hate the cover of "With a Little Help from My Friends" and it's still weird to hear "All You Need is Love" without the music in the background. Other than that it's a pretty solid movie. I almost cried a little during "Dear Prudence" for absolutely no good reason.

• Eric Robert Wilkinson

Watched by Eric Robert Wilkinson 13 Sep, 2007

If Julie Taymor is not among the filmmakers you’ve heard of, that’s a crying shame. Her 2000 debut was the three-hour adaptation of Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus with Anthony Hopkins and Jessica Lange. In 2002, she led Salma Hayek to an Oscar nomination in the actress’ passion project Frida. Now, with Beatles music as her main source material, Taymor paints a beautiful, psychedelic and always visually stunning love story for the ages. Watch out for Eddie Izzard as Mr. Kite!

Note: Nominated for the Best Costume Design Oscar.

• Ila

Added by Ila

i loved this movie since middle school when i was obsessed with The Beatles and i love it still

• Ian Haas

★★★★ Added by Ian Haas

GIVE IT A CHANCE, especially if you like The Beatles.

• Sander

★★★½ Watched by Sander 25 Mar, 2016

#52filmsbywomen

Film 16: Across the Universe

Across the Universe is a somewhat unstable movie. Because the film is cut off by many Beatles songs the film is very messy. Every song is a different movie and not in a good way. You don't have to worry about the quality of the songs, but thirty-one songs is a little bit too much. Despite this, the performances were very good, especially the parts with Joe Cocker and Bono.

The story was not very special, but some scenes were very beautiful, thanks to a few nice Beatles songs.

• Jason

★★★ Rewatched by Jason 26 Mar, 2016

I remember when I use to like The Beatles.

My favorite sequences/songs/performances were:

1) I Want to Hold Your Hand
    2) I Want You (She's So Heavy)
    3) Strawberry Fields Forever
    4) Happiness Is a Warm Gun - Salma Hayek!!

• GPLNY

Added by GPLNY

Groton Public Library

• Pax

★★½ Watched by Pax 24 Mar, 2016

Amazing music videos intercut with horribly boring and cliche exposition.

• Nickpam

★★★★ Watched by Nickpam 23 Mar, 2016 4

If you're someone who loves The Beatles, then you'll love the shit out of this movie. If you're not a fan of The Beatles, then you're probably not going to like this too much because it's essentially a 2 hour music video with a loose plot line carrying it all the way through. With that being said, I really enjoyed this truly one-of-a-kind strange surrealistic film. Director Julie Taymor does an incredible job at directly translating these incredible songs into…

• Abraham Jackson