• fortserious

★★ Watched by fortserious 21 Jan, 2016

Flashy visuals and some interesting choreography but I just wasn't into it. Pretty sure I despised Jude. Probably helps to be more of a Beatles fan.

• Alec Novoselsky

★★ Watched by Alec Novoselsky 03 Apr, 2014

Let me start out by saying I enjoy the Beatles. I enjoy listening to their songs from time to time. However, I’m really not a fan of this musical. A poor Liverpudlian artist named Jude (do you get it?), played by Jim Sturgess, falls in love with an upper-class American girl named Lucy (GET IT?!?!), played by Evan Rachel Wood. Throughout their romance, the songs of the Beatles and the events of Vietnam happen throughout the story. This honestly felt…

• Luisa Tolledo

★★★½ Added by Luisa Tolledo

Very good.

• Cody Love

★★★ Rewatched by Cody Love 15 Jan, 2016

Jude, get your girl, bruh. This joint droppin acid and runnin around with dudes making bombs and shit.

• thevoid

★★★★ Watched by thevoid 14 Jan, 2016

A bit cheesy, but overall enjoyable. It was a beautiful experience visually, however some of the trip scenes were a bit gratuitous.

• Caitlyn

★★★½ Added by Caitlyn

theres are things about this movie that irritate me and there are things about it that i find excessive and unnecessary but, as a person who was not alive in this era, it seems to me that it does a decent job at capturing various snapshots of the time and the feelings about the ongoings. additionally, the covers of the songs in this are definitely at least twice as good as the beatles originals.

• Brian Kotarski

★★★½ Rewatched by Brian Kotarski 10 Jan, 2016

I don't know how to write anything about this movie. Of course the music is amazing, and the visuals are so cool. I will have to make sure more Beatles songs are in my playlists. I love the Eddie Izzard scene.

• Fiona Gaile Fernandez

★★★½ Added by Fiona Gaile Fernandez

The Beatles <3

• karlails

★★½ Watched by karlails 01 Jan, 2016

One might think of The Beatles as a somewhat simplistic pop band, that managed to write exceptionally great songs, but weren’t the most impressive or emotionally captivating performers.

But watching over 2 hours of Glee-esque covers really serves as a reminder of all the attitude and personality that this has failed to recapture.

Although a notion of creating a film, packed with subtle and not so subtle references to various Beatles lore might seem appealing to Beatlophiles, it is hard…

• Dan Giles

★★★★ Added by Dan Giles

This is such a shitty film but it did a artful enough job of channeling the Beatles' zeitgeist that I can't help but periodically return to it.

• Alex_Ivany

★★★½ Watched by Alex_Ivany 29 Nov, 2015

B 86

• Catalina

Watched by Catalina 17 Nov, 2015

I wanted to enjoy this movie but it's a mess.