• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Here is a bold, beautiful, visually enchanting musical where we walk into the theater humming the songs. Julie Taymor's "Across the Universe" is an audacious marriage of cutting-edge visual techniques, heart-warming performances, 1960s history and the Beatles songbook. Sounds like a concept that might be behind its time, but I believe in yesterday.

This isn't one of those druggy 1960s movies, although it has what the MPAA shyly calls "some" drug content. It's not grungy, although it has Joe Cocker…

• Suzanne Moses

★★★★★ Watched by Suzanne Moses 14 Oct, 2010

I didn't expect much out of this film because all I had heard about it was that it was a story based on Beatles songs. That was enough to prompt me to see it, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Very well done film and a brilliant job of playing with the music. I have also purchased the soundtrack because I really fell in love with some of the covers (particularly Prudence.)

• Rick Kidd

★★★★★ Watched by Rick Kidd 19 Jan, 2014

Only saw this film on a whim after seeing the trailer on another DVD. One of my better decisions as this is cracking film. Basic this is a video jukebox film of Beatles songs with a story fit round them e.g. the lead character is called Jude - so guess what "Hey Jude" pops up near the end. That may sound corny but I don't care - I had a great time watching this film!!

• Luiza

★★★★★ Added by Luiza

por que eu esperei tanto tempo pra ver esse filme?

• YoYo

★★★★★ Watched by YoYo 01 Apr, 2012

The thing about “Across The Universe,” it has a terrible title for people who aren’t Beatles fans.

I have had a thing with this movie for about 5 years. It always seemed interesting, it always seemed like something I would like, but I could not, just could not bring myself to watching, or watching it fully. I would watch one part of a different scene in it for the past 5 years, until one day I was like okay I…

• JUAN PABLO Quiceno

★★★★★ Added by JUAN PABLO Quiceno

Fascinante historia enmarcada en una epoca de cambios generacionales que marcarían la historia hasta nuestros días

• Rachel

★★★★★ Added by Rachel

FAVORITE.

• katoula

★★★★★ Added by katoula

Γιατί μουσική, πρωταγωνιστές και σενάριο σου γεμίζουν την καρδιά

• yvianul

★★★★★ Added by Sterohn

*-*

• Josh Browning

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Browning 30 Nov, 2012

I love this film! I believe the film fully encompasses the era it is set in and the Beatles' music tells the story of that time so well. I think what Julie Taymor accomplishes in this film is amazing,the cinematography is stellar. I love that each character is named after a Beatles song, and the actors portray these personas very well. I love how there are subtle things that clue into Beatles songs that, unless you are a huge fan…

• Iureca

★★★★★ Added by Iureca

Fantastique! Magnifique! Uma explosão de cores e músicas que jamais sairão da memória!