• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 20 Mar, 2011

OK teen drama comedy. Jesse Eisenberg is always a pleasure to watch, Kristen Stewart is good too. Bill Hader is really good throughout for a chuckle. Pity the ending is so contrived and plain impossible to believe.

• Sabela La

★★★★ Watched by Sabela La 16 Nov, 2014

Suena 'Pale Blue Eyes' de The Velvet Underground dos veces.

• João Garcias

★★★½ Watched by João Garcias 08 Nov, 2014

Adventureland is a comedy/drama passed in the 1980s. It focus on teenagers being the principal ones interpreted by Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart that don't know what to do of their lifes (just like almost every other teenager on this planet, so easy to relate).

I kinda liked the soundtrack since it brings some 1980s musics and I've been listening to them in the last weeks.
    If either you want to kill some time or enjoy it, grab this movie.

• Andrew Nichols

★★★★★ Added by Andrew Nichols

great movie.

• Jon Birondo

★★★★½ Watched by Jon Birondo 12 Nov, 2014

I don't know if I have an inexperienced taste or if I'm a hopeless romantic, but I really loved this movie. The story, the characters, THE SOUNDTRACK, everything was incredibly enjoyable.

Young love, drama, the struggles of growing up, and friendship. I felt this movie on a personal level and the experience was incredibly rewarding.

• Luke Pamer

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Pamer 09 Nov, 2014

It's like if "Dazed & Confused" took place over the summer at a crappy theme park.. & was better.

• kwrather

★★★½ Rewatched by kwrather 02 Nov, 2014

Not a bad coming-of-age movie set in the 1980s. The heartfelt, but predictable plot is buoyed by solids supporting performances by Hader, Wiig, and Starr. Also a great use of period music throughout.

• Chriskr

★★★ Added by Chriskr

Yeah this film is good, plus it takes place in a theme park which is always cool.

• Jacob Gehman

★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

The enjoyable moments of Adventureland are quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, it isn't really enough to off-set my general frustration and anger towards the actions of certain characters during major parts of the movie.

While there are funny moments in Adventureland, it's really basically a story that relies heavily on the viewer's connection with the main characters--there's no important non-relational plot to latch onto if a viewer's empathy with the characters backfire.

Part of the problem is that we can see the…

• alphonse

★★★ Watched by alphonse 17 Oct, 2014 2

Based on Greg Mottola's life experiences, Adventureland is an emotionally honest comedy that provides you a good time to relax. There are a lot of clichés and other elements that could have easily turned the film into and unpleasent crap, but sometimes you need clichés in your life and the obsession for weed is not obnoxious at all as it sets the tone for the entire film.

Jesse Eisenberg stars as James Brennan, who has just completed high school and…

• Chris Drake

½ Added by Chris Drake

I think I only hate this film on principle.

• Lucas Barwenczik

★★½ Watched by Lucas Barwenczik 11 Oct, 2014

Die filmische Entsprechung eines "Malen-nach-Zahlen"-Bildes.
    Figuren so dünn das sie durchsichtig werden, ein paar bestenfalls nette Gags und die Story eine Montage von Klischees. Bill Hader hat zwei lustige Momente, Kristin Stewart und Jesse Eisenberg sind ganz charismatisch, aber dieses vage alternative "Hey, wir haben sogar Lou Reed im Soundtrack" ist so ekelhaft anbiedernd. Da kann ich auch gleich nochmal "500 Days of Summer" oder "Garden State" gucken.