• Malick Kaufman

★★★½ Watched by Malick Kaufman 17 Apr, 2015

The fact that all the characters are super into Lou Reed and then only listen and refer to his most popular songs basically encapsulates what sort of movie this is. It's all heartfelt and indie and super-cool and then is actually secretly super mainstream and now I think that the Way Way Back was actually way better than this. Ryan Reynolds character was easily the most interesting yet under-developed of the lot, which was super disappointing. In light of the…

• Jon Birondo

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jon Birondo 16 Apr, 2015

Right in the feels the second time around. I think this film is damn near perfect. Fight me

• braun

★★★★★ Rewatched by braun 08 Apr, 2015

Saw this with Nico and Champ

• CureTap

★★★½ Added by CureTap

It's by no means great, but Adventureland does some things just well enough to make it worth wading through the rough patches this movie suffers from.

Adventureland impeccably captures the directionless quagmire that is your early twenties. You're no longer in college, you're between life stages, and you really have no idea of where to go next, or how to get there. The standard narrative is that most people take a crappy job in the interim, just to save money…

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

Even now, I like this better than most of these types of films that came out from around 2005-2010 (though I haven't felt the urge to watch it again). People who don't know any better make really shitty choices against a backdrop of great songs from an era I have no firsthand knowledge of. A movie about X-ers aimed at Millennial, I guess.

• Tarnished_Angel

Added by Tarnished_Angel

I liked the soundtrack. Average incarnate!

• doctorindy

★★★½ Added by doctorindy

Está protagonizada por los hostiables (pero no malos actores, ojo) Jesse Eisenberg y Kristen Stewart. Y aun así la peli me gustó. Más mérito que eso...

• Zack Wallace

★★★★½ Rewatched by Zack Wallace 08 Apr, 2015

Put Kristen Stewart in a movie with an actual well written script, a decent director, and a heartfelt story and she'll impress the hell out of you. I will staunchly defend my belief that she is a good actress.

Jesse Eisenberg and Martin Starr are fantastic as always. Worth watching multiple times.

• Lucas

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 03 Apr, 2015

This is a really nice movie, I like everything about this movie from the story to the acting. Its a good blend of comedy and romance with out making it to corny, which is hard to find sometimes.

• irene

★★★ Watched by irene 21 Mar, 2015

I thought this was a pretty good movie. Idk I thought Jesse Eisenberg's character was hard to like or relate to on basically any level, but on the other hand, Kristen Stewart.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★ Rewatched by Jamie Rogers 04 Apr, 2015

Adventureland, being directed by Superbad's Greg Mottola and starring Zombieland's Jesse Eisenberg, may look like just another Apatow/Rogen brand comedy, but it really isn't. It's a sweet and funny coming of age movie with a great cast and strong direction from Mottola.

• Christopher Tennant

★★½ Watched by Christopher Tennant 04 Apr, 2015

The second half is much better than the first. The first half feels totally half-assed, as if the writing, direction, performances, edit, EVERYTHING was done in one try. "Fuck it, good enough, let's move on," I imagined the director saying after every scene. The second half - once Bill Hader comes up more, once the park is better utilized, once conflict actually starts - becomes sort of charming.