• periodtrash

Watched by periodtrash 07 Feb, 2016

I didn't have high hopes for this because I got it mixed up with Zombieland. I'm really stupid also.

• Höddi C.

Rewatched by Höddi C. 07 Feb, 2016

"Razz Matas: A Sophisticated Meeting Place"
    &
    "I think I'm in love with her"

It's kinda just real (I like how James is a lot chiller with Lisa whatever), but gets a like for how Motolla and Stacey shot K-Stew's face in that one shot in the car and the songs whatever.

A possible fav

• andy

★★★½ Watched by andy 02 Feb, 2016

I watched the first half about 3 months ago but I still enjoyed it

• Anthony_Kane

★★★★ Rewatched by Anthony_Kane 05 Feb, 2016

The performances make it worth watching. Mottola cast these roles so well that it is almost as if these characters were particularly written for these actors. The awkwardness in Eisienberg and Stewart's characters plays to each's perceived strengths as actors. Stewart especially finds a role that works to the vulnerable persona that seems to be a part of her actual personality. She'll probably never find a better role. Even Ryan Reynolds gets to use his semi-smarmy charm to effect in…

• Jon Birondo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jon Birondo 05 Feb, 2016

I completely understand gripes with this movie: wish fulfillment cinema is an elusive yet prevalent devil. Mottola probably wanted a girl like Em and Lisa P to chase after him when he was younger, but never got that opportunity. Probably had a sexless adolescence, but I'm too harsh. In his defense, he manages to pack a remarkable amount of depth, grace, and nuance in this masturbatory-wish-fulfillment-adolescent-daydream draft of a script. Probably why I love it so much also stems from…

• Arielrocks5

★★★★½ Watched by Arielrocks5 04 Feb, 2016 16

"Adventureland" was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know exactly what to expect going into it. Being from the director of "Superbad" and "Paul" I kinda expected a raunchy comedy that relied mostly on sex and other types of typical humor we've seen from movies of this type.

But what I ended up getting was almost like a long lost John Hughes movie. The film follows Lex Luthor in the eighties who finds out his parents are moving to a new…

• Louie Schuth

★★★★★ Rewatched by Louie Schuth 03 Feb, 2016

It took a third viewing, but I now see Adventureland for what it is: a masterpiece.

• Lena Houst

★★★★ Watched by Lena Houst 02 Feb, 2016

A recent college grad and socially awkward virgin takes a menial job at an entertainment venue, trapped in a frustratingly prolonged transient period and harboring an irrepressible crush for Kristen Stewart. Pretty much a casually gut-punching adaptation of the last 9 months of my life, but with a glistening sense of hope and possibility. I feel you, Joel!

• cherrywine

★★★½ Watched by cherrywine 01 Feb, 2016

Pretty awesome film. Hilarious. Would have been better to have first watched it in the summer since it really does have a summer vibe.

Either way. Cool film.

• Ethan Gray

★★★★ Watched by Ethan Gray 01 Feb, 2016

Kristen Stewart smiled a few times?!

After watching this movie, (because of the fact that both movies have Jesse Eisenberg, and "land" is the title) I like to think that this is a prequel to "Zombieland". The way I see it is, after a few days in New York, Columbus (James) went to go find a job, then went to go visit Em, and the infection started. That's just how I like to think about it.

Rating: 7.6/10

• Laura Martin

★★★½ Watched by Laura Martin 01 Feb, 2016

Tan livianita y cool :3

• jclinger827

★★★★ Rewatched by jclinger827 04 Jan, 2016

Just as lovely as the first time I watched it. Charming, witty, and a nice low-key film that makes me happy.