• Chloe

★★★★½ Added by Chloe

Everyone is like this film is awful but I love this film. Nothing happens in it but it is quirky and weird which perfectly describes me. Kristen Stewart before Twilight and at her best. Jesse Eisenberg is great too. A quirky teen drama.

• Luis de los Santos

★★½ Watched by Luis de los Santos 15 Dec, 2014

Por algún extraña razón tenía altas, altísimas expectativas de esta película. La había visto por pedacitos cada que la pasaban en la tele y terminó llamándome mucho la atención.
    Oh, qué gran decepción.

Kristen Stewart brinda la peor actuación que le he visto -sí, incluso más de hueva que en Crepúsculo- y Jesse Eisenberg nomás no terminó de convencerme. Se siente pesada en muchas partes; tanto, que me tomó casi una semana terminarla.
    Ah sí, ese póster es bastante engañoso,…

• Juan Ignacio Serra

★★ Watched by Juan Ignacio Serra 14 Dec, 2014

meh.

• Nick

★★★ Added by Nick

A very straightforward coming-of-age romantic dramedy about two twenty-somethings who work together at a seasonal fair.

Jesse Eisenburg and Kristen Stewart both give great performances and share some genuinely nice chemistry. Every character is likable and play their roles very believably. The story is pretty standard but executed well thanks to some nice writing and great pacing.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 05 Sep, 2009

If re-examining high school loves and losses is your sort of thing, this is for you. Me? I really couldn't care less about a guy stuck in a love triangle with Ryan Reynolds and a girl. Not very funny (therefore putting 'from the director of Superbad' on the poster is misleading, since it's a far more serious movie, which I’ve never seen and never plan to, based on this empty piece), not very emotionally engaging, not very interesting. I can see that it’s not a bad movie, it’s just not for me.

• Anxious77

★★★★½ Added by Anxious77

Some directors you know what they are going to put out before they do. There are aesthetics in cinema that sometimes give away a director's idea just by seeing their name attached. Then you have Greg Mottola's Adventureland. A smart, crafty, and sometimes almost too real look at young love and the mistakes made in our early 20s. Mottola directed superbad in 2007 and in that film we saw the side of teenage despiration and need in the form of…

• gretababy1

★★★★★ Added by gretababy1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Chris

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris 30 Nov, 2014 1

I have a soft spot for coming-of-age comedies, Martin Starr and basically any line he delivers while doing the tour of the park, Bill Hader, his mustache and his baseball bat, Kristen Wiig, Lou Reed, Rock Me Amadeus, Jesse Eisenberg circa 2009, pipe-smoking, pinball, punches to the testicles as a comic device, Ryan Reynolds as a sad sack, soundtracks that aren't just best-ofs of whatever era the film takes place in, Pittsburgh, yuppies as douches, corn dogs, the stuffed bananas…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 20 Mar, 2011

OK teen drama comedy. Jesse Eisenberg is always a pleasure to watch, Kristen Stewart is good too. Bill Hader is really good throughout for a chuckle. Pity the ending is so contrived and plain impossible to believe.

• Sabela La

★★★★ Watched by Sabela La 16 Nov, 2014

Suena 'Pale Blue Eyes' de The Velvet Underground dos veces.

• João Garcias

★★★½ Watched by João Garcias 08 Nov, 2014

Adventureland is a comedy/drama passed in the 1980s. It focus on teenagers being the principal ones interpreted by Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart that don't know what to do of their lifes (just like almost every other teenager on this planet, so easy to relate).

I kinda liked the soundtrack since it brings some 1980s musics and I've been listening to them in the last weeks.
    If either you want to kill some time or enjoy it, grab this movie.

• Andrew Nichols