• Bob

★★ Watched by Bob 04 Mar, 2015 2

Adventureland starts with Jesse Eisenberg thinking he's heading off for a European vacation before returning to NY for grad school, but then learns that all the money his parents planned to gift him has dried up.

With no parental money to rely upon, and unable to find work elsewhere, Jesse takes a job at the theme park Adventureland. The movie focuses on his summer of working at the park.

By the end of the movie, I felt myself wondering what…

• Colin Rudge

★★★★ Watched by Colin Rudge 04 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Spoilers:

This turned up on the television last night, so I gave it a watch and ended up being very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this film. Yes it contains a few silly gross out gags (though they get confined to one 'dumb younger brother' character!) and some contrived situations (mostly the big third act fight, separation and drunken car crash) but there is an obvious understanding and care taken with all of the characters in the film and…

• Paul Lister

Rewatched by Paul Lister 04 Mar, 2015

It's like 'The Way Way Back' but instead of a shitty water park it's a shitty theme park. Next on the 'reasonably crafted but completely run of the mill coming of age films' series we have a young man at the crossroads between childhood and adulthood getting a job at a shitty old crazy golf course, finding love under the windmill hole, splitting up by the water wheels before hooking up again on the lighthouse hole. He then becomes the next Tiger Woods, but white because Hollywood doesn't do diversity.

Rating: 60

• Joe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 03 Mar, 2015

"I don't even celebrate July 4th, I celebrate Bastille Day."

• PapaRock

★★★★ Watched by PapaRock 01 Mar, 2015 2

Better than I thought it was going to be. This movie avoids broad comedy for dealing with more realistic and human situations which I really liked. I'm sure most people can find a lot to relate to in the protagonist's' experiences.

• Cole Bradley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cole Bradley 24 Feb, 2015

"I hope they call me Henry when I die, too."

• Stephan

★★★½ Watched by Stephan 12 Feb, 2015

Kommt zwar nicht ganz an den "Superbad" – dem ersten Coming-Of-Age-Film von Greg Mottola – heran, ist aber dank seiner beiden sympathischen Hauptdarsteller Jesse Eisenberg und Kristen Stewart ein gelungener Genre-Beitrag mit schönem Soundtrack. Außerdem gibt Bill Hader in seinen Szenen dem Affen gehörig Zucker. Alleine deswegen sollte man sich dem Film anschauen.

• Irtaza Raza

★★½ Watched by Irtaza Raza 17 Feb, 2015 4

The film was okay , not lived up to the hype. The awesomeness of Bill Hader and Kristen Wigg was balanced out by the dullness of Krsiten Stewart.

• Jacob Powell

★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Powell 15 Feb, 2015 2

Still a fave. Mottola handles an able cast well and tells an evocative, entertaining tale of the shitty summer jobs, youthful passions, and excitement-in-the-mundane of college kids in the 80s. And yes, I do dig Kristen Stewart in this.

• jameshesketh

★★★★½ Watched by jameshesketh 24 Jan, 2015

You can really feel the teenage angst.

• Pero

★★★½ Watched by Pero 13 Feb, 2015

Decent. Has some really funny moments

• Josh Ochoa

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Ochoa 08 Feb, 2015

Adventureland is a great film full of nostalgia and also honest human emotions. Jesse Eisenberg gives a great performance with the rest of the cast being fantastic comedic support and Kristen Stewart give solid performance too. Greg Mottola guides the film with strong direction with a very human touch. With good cinematography and a rocking soundtrack the film has more than enough to keep you engaged even with its rather loose story. Funny, poignant and rather heart warming, Adventureland is a great addition to the coming of age genre.