• Lollyfist

★★ Watched by Lollyfist 25 Aug, 2014

Plodding coming of age drama about teenagers you won't like. Couple of nice moments and a good soundtrack.

• Robert Armitage

★★★½ Watched by Robert Armitage 24 Aug, 2014

The teenagers of Adventureland are in their early twenties. Can we put Jesse Eisenberg and Jonah Hill in a room for an Earnest-Off? Hooray for Kristen Stewart, I didn't hate you! Hooray for pot smoking and drinking irresponsibly. No nudity. Boo!
    This movie raided my music. Replacements and Lou Reed, Big Star, Stones and even the Animotion.
    Solid.

• Jeremie Richard

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeremie Richard 23 Aug, 2014

Adventureland has the best soundtrack of songs assembled of any film released in the last 10 years bar none. The soundtrack alone makes the film worth seeing. Although Writer-Director Greg Mottola accomplishes a lot more then just assembling an amazing series of songs for the film. Adventureland works on so many levels. Maybe I'm just a sucker for well made, well written, semi-autobiographical coming of age films set in throwback eras. In this case, 1987. Now having watched Adventureland for…

• The Spenc

★★★ Watched by The Spenc 19 Aug, 2014

Adventureland thinks it's smarter than it actually is just because it is an semi-indie rom-com (if the genre does not already exist, let me coin the term). In reality it's not about significantly different stuff than most of the rom-coms out there. And when it tries to go deeper (ex. the effect of Reaganism in the middle class lifestyle in the 80s) it does not really hit the mark. However , it is well made, the era is decently portrayed…

• loupea

★★★ Watched by loupea 21 Nov, 2009

The funny parts were really, really funny when they were there. Would rather have seen someone else as the female lead. And the movie could have been edited as it dragged at points, but still it was a better-than-average coming of age tale.

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

The year 1987 a recent college grad sees his European trip go up in smoke when his parents can't cover the cost. Forced into a menial job at a local amusement park, he finds out more about life and love than he would ever imagine. this movie is a lovely young comedy film that teenage's can enjoy.

• AH_Anton

★★★ Added by AH_Anton

alright

• Nicholas Vass

★★★★ Rewatched by Nicholas Vass 08 Aug, 2014 2

Alright, so none of my formative summers have ever consisted in menial labour amongst rigged games and cheap plush toys. Acid-wash jeans never really did it for me either. That doesn't necessarily matter because Adventureland has an affectionate sincerity which deems it such a success elsewhere. New memories being made with reticent brunettes or getting advice from the self-effacing womanizer ring all too true. I've had it and even this summer it's occurring again. Right now, no other film seemed…

• Sean

★★★ Added by Sean

I didn't get the impact that I was expecting to feel, but a solid coming-of-age flick nevertheless.

• ZapperLife

★★★★ Rewatched by ZapperLife 05 Aug, 2014

It surprise me how little recognition this gem gets. Those of you who follows me knows how well I like coming of age-tales, and with my recent streak of 80s-movies going--I've certainly seen my fair share of them ranging from weak to absolutely fantastic. Adventureland truly stands out amongst those, and it saddens me that so few seem to warm to this excellent little movie from writer-director Greg Mottola.

I don't know if its because people went in looking to…

• Carolinanz

★★ Added by Carolinanz

"My theory is you can't just avoid everybody you screw up with. You can trust me on that because I'm a New Yorker"

• Tiffany

★★★½ Watched by Tiffany 01 Aug, 2014

I quite enjoyed this film. Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart had good chemistry with each other, and I loved the supporting characters of the Adventureland theme park, especially the husband and wife played by Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig.