• ShaunD

Dat soundtrack
    Dat 20 year old Kristen Stewart

• Alex Hawkins

★★ Added by Alex Hawkins

An attempt at a nostalgic coming-of-age story. I quite like Jesse Eisenberg, although I know he's not everyone's cup of tea. On the other hand, Kristen Stewart was hard to watch at times - lip biting at every available opportunity.

This film didn't charm me. The conclusion was just a ball of cliché and felt kind of sour; as if at then end of the day it all boiled down to Eisenberg's character getting laid.

Soundtrack was cool though.

• Chloe Leeson

★★★★ Rewatched by Chloe Leeson 27 May, 2015

To me there’s nothing that screams ‘summer movie’ like Jesse Eisenberg working in an amusement park. Jesse’s penchant for off-beat, dry-humoured characters, most definitely does not transcend this movie. His character James Brennan, a college graduate hoping to visit Europe during the summer and attend Journalism school in the fall, finds himself a lil short on the old $$$$$ and gets himself a shitty summer job at Adventureland, an amusement park in his hometown of Pittsburgh (so all in all,…

• wildestpenfield

★★★½ Added by wildestpenfield

There's kind of a John Hughes vibe (not in the Baby's Day Out sense, happily) to this coming of age tale, much of which comes from having more heart and fewer wacky situations than most such films these days. Eisenberg and Steward are solid, and Ryan Reynolds contributes a nice slightly melancholy supporting turn as an older, sadder Van Wilder, though once again Kristen Wiig offers an affable presence without ever actually crossing the line into funny.

• Jon LeGris

★★★½ Rewatched by Jon LeGris 19 May, 2015

Something about this film makes it continually re-watchable.. I never seem to be able to get tired of it.
    The soundtrack is also fantastic.
    (7.4/10)

• Brett Kodama

★★★★½ Rewatched by Brett Kodama 16 May, 2015

Every time I watch this, it hits closer to home... especially that I've graduated from college..

• Michelle

★★★½ Watched by Michelle 12 May, 2015

Pretty decent and I loved the cast but I wasn't that impressed. I liked how the setting was at a theme park and the soundtrack was amazing (lou reed!)

• Niva

★★★ Watched by Niva 11 May, 2015 2

bom mas perde uma estrela pra cada ereção do eisenberg

• celery_man

★★★★★ Watched by celery_man 10 May, 2015

fuck, man

• Adrian Vega-Albela Osorio

★★★½ Watched by Adrian Vega-Albela Osorio 05 May, 2015

lou reed lou reed lou reed

• Emma

★★★★ Watched by Emma 08 May, 2015

I really like this film. I've seen it a few times now and although I guess it's not anything massively groundbreaking, it resonates with me, the characters are likeable and relatable and doesn't feel like it's trying too hard (which a lot of these coming-of-age types films do). Jesse Eisenberg is fantastic, as usual, and the rest of the cast are quite good as well. There's some laughs, some genuine emotion and lots of nostalgia and charm - enough to almost make you want to go back to that awful summer job (...but not quite).

• MediaWaltz

★★★½ Added by MediaWaltz

Every year, for three short months, Pittsburgh enjoys a little sunshine and warmth. The public pools fill up with eager swimmers, stroller pushers occupy the neighborhood parks, and prostrate students crowd the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial yard like content sea lions on a beach. Then there’s Kennywood, the quaint, historic amusement park where local families flock to gorge on Potato Patch fries and suffer some welcome whiplash on the Exterminator. Sure, every place in America has a similar attraction (in…