• Tommy Brennan

★★★ Rewatched by Tommy Brennan 25 Jul, 2014

In this movie, Jesse Eisenberg plays my dad. And that isn't a eufamism as to say he is like my father, I mean he literally plays a character with the same name as my father, granted James Brennan isn't a very uncommon name. But he also goes to, and graduates college the exact same years my dad did. It was pretty fucking weird.

Oh yeah and I can't stand Kristen Stewart.

• Elliot

★★★½ Watched by Elliot 18 Jul, 2014

For what it sets out to do, Adventureland achieves just that. It's a charming coming-of-age film with quirky characters, albeit with somewhat of a predictable narrative and a rote final scene. Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart play the leads and, whilst I am not the greatest fan of these two actors, they both give good performances. However, I found myself rather disinterested when a scene would try to shift the focus to any of the other supporting characters. They mostly…

• Matthew Hodgkin

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Hodgkin 07 Jul, 2014

Fun and free loving. A bad version of The way way Back. It was good for the time it lasted and showed us James character progression nicely but never made me want it to do something never made me think about what could happen.

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 15 Jul, 2014 4

This week has now seen me watch double doses of both Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg. After Zombieland and Welcome To The Rileys I'm obviously a glutton for punishment , but this coming-of-age comedy/drama has a nostalgia factor that seems to endear it to me for some reason.
    Let me be honest, I have a thing for Kristen Stewart. Yes I like Twilight, but that's not it. There's something about her, whether it be her morally suspect attitude towards relationships…

• Zencik

★★★★½ Added by Zencik

Everything you could want in a coming-of-age film :)

• Logan Jones

★★★★ Watched by Logan Jones 09 Jul, 2014

Adventureland is the second American comedy film I've seen this week that was released in 2009, with Jesse Eisenberg in the lead role, had the word "land" in the one-word title and is set, for a significant amount of time, in a theme park. Bizarre.

This film is the superior of the two, however. It is set in 1987, presumably because that's when writer-director Greg Mottola was a teenager. If I remember correctly, the film is based on his own…

• Shelly

★★½ Watched by Shelly 10 Jul, 2014

For some reason, I thought this would be a comedy but it turned out to be a rom-com. And a pretty crappy rom-com too.

• Jonas Nockert

★★★½ Watched by Jonas Nockert 08 Jul, 2014

Great soundtrack! I also loved the yellow steel bridges of Pittsburgh (but that's probably just me.)

• Michael Waller

★★★★ Added by Michael Waller

I didn't work in a theme park as a teenager or young adult. But friends of mine did. They loved working in the theme parks. They gave me free passes. Adventureland makes me wish I had worked alongside my friends. It's a low key coming of age story. Kristen Stewart is surprisingly good as the "it girl". The 80's music kills.

• Alfredo Galdi

½ Added by Alfredo Galdi

It's hard to tell if Adventureland cliché nature and shallow characters are the results of Mottola's attempt at creating an easy-selling teenage flick, or the realization of his high school boy fantasies.

• Frank Pellegrino

★★½ Watched by Frank Pellegrino 06 Jul, 2014

Pretty good

• Arham Tirmizi

★★★ Watched by Arham Tirmizi 07 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.