• Ollie_8

★★★★½ Added by Ollie_8

• Josef Rodriguez

★★★★½ Rewatched by Josef Rodriguez 29 Nov, 2015

Maybe it was the nostalgia.
    Maybe it was the current state of my life.
    Maybe it was the 25i.

But this film is a revelation.

Another poem by Josef Rodriguez

• Jason Bally

★★★½ Added by Jason Bally

Twilight movie baggage aside, this movie proves that Kristen Stewart can be a charming and capable actress. This is a good movie with a lot of heart.

• Fabio Arnold

★★ Watched by Fabio Arnold 27 Nov, 2015

Nett, mehr nicht.
    Christen Stewart ist süß, wobei sie hier noch sehr jung ist.

• Mathew Buck

★★★ Rewatched by Mathew Buck 26 Nov, 2015

Writer/director Greg Mottola's follow-up to Superbad was completely mis-sold as something in the same vein when first released - it's actually far more low-key than that. Mostly it's an autobiographical comedy-drama about Jesse Eisenberg having a decidedly bummer summer over being stuck in a rather crappy theme park, and there's far more accent on the drama part than the laughs - Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig as the park's owners provide some amusement, but otherwise the film is rather light…

• Darren Richman

★★★★★ Added by Darren Richman

This column originally appeared in The Independent on Sunday:

Greg Mottola’s Adventureland, released in 2009 and set in 1987, is one of the best romantic comedies of recent years, an autobiographical gem that improves with every viewing.

Jesse Eisenberg (who seems almost incapable of appearing in a bad film) plays James Brennan, a recent college graduate with plans to spend his summer travelling Europe. Instead, as a result of his parents’ financial troubles, he is forced to work in the…

• jimmyjone

★½ Added by jimmyjone

I had a hard time caring about any of the characters in this version of "Wet Hot American Summer" that someone shot full of tranquilizers.

• Gray Walker

Watched by Gray Walker 20 Nov, 2015

One star for it's few comedic moments but I definitely did not make it through this film. I have always had a little soft spot for Kristen Stewart because she seems so damn awkward and I completely get awkward. I felt bad reading comments on what a terrible actress she is but Jesus, Mary and Joseph. She really stunk this thing up. Jesse Eisenberg, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig played their parts well, too bad about the completely shitty plot. Ryan Reynolds stole the show for me as always and was completely believable, I wanted to punch him in the throat.

• Igor Marques

★★½ Watched by Igor Marques 21 Nov, 2015

It tries to bite more than it can chew

• M M

★★★ Watched by M M 21 Nov, 2015

Though it was going to be one of those terrible faux-indie flick. Actually quite surprisingly good. It is the affair between Ryan Reynolds and Kristen Steward that kept it fresher than other similar films. It created very real characters, I'd say it's mostly because they are stereotypes that were done well with the actors. The film itself didn't say much, it's quite cliche in a lot of ways, but here and there it demonstrated something much more than the usual…

• Claudio Alvarez Rodriguez

★★★½ Watched by Claudio Alvarez Rodriguez 18 Nov, 2015

Buena, no grandiosa, pero vale la pena ver. No es una comedia, pero Kristen Wiig y Bill Hader me hicieron reír mucho (al contrario que con el personaje frigo que era el típico tonto de peli gringa -que trata de hacernos reír-, pero fome, incluso sobraba en la narrativa).
    Bien que lograran hacernos sentir el mundo interno de interacciones en un trabajo como ese.

• Chester H

★★★½ Added by Chester H

Jesse Eisenberg gets a summer job and Kristen Stewart in Adventureland. More of a drama than a comedy in this coming of age tale.