• ChasingTheDawn

★★★½ Added by ChasingTheDawn

An endearing film about coming of age with a nice story and realistic characters you can get behind.

• akochamba

★★★ Watched by akochamba 29 Mar, 2015

Though this movie had heart and built an amazing atmosphere, it didn't meet my expectations. It was good, but not great in my eyes. It was technically beautiful, with nice cinematography and lighting. It was too drawn out for my taste however, and even seemed boring at times. I loved the acting, and Bill Hader and Kristen Stewart stole the show when they came on screen.
    "Just give me a reason!"
    Overall, a heavy summer movie that portrays love realistically.

• John Roberts

★★★ Watched by John Roberts 20 Mar, 2015

The story of Jesse Eisenberg smoking weed, kissing girls and not having any sex and of Kristen Stewart smoking weed, kissing guys and having quite a bit of sex. This was actually a better movie than I expected. I think this is different than a lot of romantic films out there. It didn't feel as formulaic.

• Joshua Weikel

★★★★ Watched by Joshua Weikel 18 Mar, 2015

This may be one of those movies that you have to be able to relate to in order to enjoy...like I didn't really like Clerks much, until I worked at 7Eleven, it gave me a whole new understanding and Clerks is now one of my favorite movies. Fortunately, my next job after 7Eleven was working a summer at Busch Gardens, so it gave me an appreciation for this movie that others might not have, I could also relate to Jesse Eisenberg's character. I was expecting pretty standard teenage fare, but it was much more complex than that. But it was still pretty predictable.

• Paukzen

★★★½ Watched by Paukzen 08 Sep, 2010

Streaming

• scazn

★★★½ Watched by scazn 17 Mar, 2015

So Adventureland, this movie was different in the best way possible. This in my opinion this is Kristen stewart's best performance as an actress that I have seen. This movie was the story of Jesse Eisenberg (college student) in the 1980's doing a summer job not realizing that it would change his life when he mets Kristen Stewart and the movie tell's their story in Adventureland. This movie like any other has it's ups and downs,but the good part is…

• petewest

★★★ Rewatched by petewest 06 Mar, 2015

A 'hip' version in the coming-of-age/teen movie genre. Explores much explored themes. Pretty interesting cast with Jesse (pre-Social Network) and Kristen (post-Twilight), these two play the understatedly and non-trying cool teen characters better than most. A lot of the film I was thinking about how good it would be getting a job in an American theme-park. The soundtrack is a treat throughout.

• Chad Sayers

★★★★ Watched by Chad Sayers 14 Mar, 2015

You know behind a sea of spoon fed themes and a few scenes of atrocious acting is this brutally honest story. One that's relatable, revelatory and heartwarming. This style of cinema just makes me feel so good inside. I wish I had one of these for every rainy heartbroken Saturday. And to top it all off, Adventureland is in none other than my hometown, steel city, Pittsburgh PA.

• Harry Fuertes

★★★ Watched by Harry Fuertes 13 Mar, 2015

This film is so infectious that I caught it like a cold. Simple, endearing, comedy with a hard hitting performance from Kristen Stewart. Anyone who says she can't act are just wrong. Plain and simple. She's come out and shown more versatility and quality than Jennifer Lawrence ever has. Shame she doesn't get more recognition. The French are clearly on the ball.

• Joe Hastings

★★★½ Watched by Joe Hastings 10 Mar, 2015

"You don't even appreciate what you have."

I'll admit that I wasn't looking forward to this one with Greg Mottola at the helm. While I had a decent time with Paul, I thought Superbad was highly overrated and not very funny. Not really a fan of any of the actors/actresses in this film, but a few of the characters grew on me. Initially, I was able to relate to Eisenberg's character who was a bit nerdy and awkward. Eisenberg plays…

• Tyler Mayer

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Mayer 05 Jun, 2013

As someone who works at an amusement park, this one struck a cord with me.

• simonmeisinger