• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film title is now on DVD and yes it does have a very good profit margin [based on the fact it only had a budget of $7 million,] the profit margin was roughly $27 million. The plot from an overview perspective is as follows, the viewers meet our lead role Chris Parker as she is dancing around her bedroom as she is getting ready for her anniversary date with her boyfriend, but sadly at the last…

• Michael David Ayers

★★★★★ Watched by Michael David Ayers 08 Dec, 2014

Nobody leaves without singing the blues.

Somehow I missed seeing this between the ages of childbirth and this morning. This movie is genuinely humorous and a reminder of how forced most current comedy films are. I wish I had grown up in the 80's. Wait no. No it's okay to have discovered this late.

• ProfessorMortis

★★★ Watched by ProfessorMortis 05 Dec, 2014

Somehow I hadn't seen this despite hearing references to it for 27 years or so. I had thought the Baroness had seen it, but she apparently was forced to not attend a birthday party where it was screened because it was PG 13 and she was only 9. Both of us were going in having heard of it, but never seen it.

In the end it was enjoyable, but it's a bit too much of a store brand John Hughes…

• zachfree

★★★ Watched by zachfree 07 Dec, 2014

Silly movie without much believability but pretty fun nonetheless. Suburban kids travel to Chicago and find it filled with homeless people, blues musicians, gangsters, tow-truck drivers and very friendly University of Chicago undergrads. Sounds exactly like Chicago to me.

• Matthew H

★★★★ Watched by Matthew H 06 Dec, 2014

Growing up I had heard of this movie and because the word babysitter was in the title I figured it was like The Babysitters Club and not a movie a boy would like. I was completely wrong. Chris Columbus directed this movie and it feels very much like The Goonies meets Home Alone. Much like Meet the Parents there is no way the babysitter and kids could have had worse luck but I found myself smiling throughout the entire movie.

• Sarah

★★★ Watched by Sarah 01 Dec, 2014

Adventures in Bad Decision-making

A mostly fun entry in the "kids in peril" genre. It takes an amusingly blase attitude towards that peril, it stars young Elisabeth Shue and contains appearances from Bradley Whitford and Vincent D'Onofrio, it meanders like a Rube Goldberg contraption, it features a bad-ass little girl obsessed with Thor, it plays shitty "boys will be boys" humor for laughs, it boasts a fairly bitchin' soundtrack, it has an immensely likable impromptu blues performance about the downfalls…

• Steve Nixon

★★★½ Watched by Steve Nixon 28 Nov, 2014

Could a film BE more eighties? Shueeeeeeey!

• Pete Laurie

★★★½ Watched by Pete Laurie 24 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Todd Lathe Operator

★★★½ Watched by Todd Lathe Operator 23 Nov, 2014

Suburban kids take an unexpected road trip to dystopian Chicago. After years of watching sanitized kid's programming on the Disney Channel it's nice to catch an older kid's movie that features gun play, assault, prostitutes attempted murder, gangsters and Playboy magazines. We were so spoiled!

• Cr8tive

★★★★ Rewatched by Cr8tive 23 Nov, 2014 1

As Glorbes mentioned there's the casual homophobia and sometimes less casual racism. But there's so much more. There's a scene in an all-black blues club that rivals similar scenes in Animal House and the Blues Brothers. There is the obnoxious friend (who later morphs into the most attractive character in Dazed and Confused!) There is the BEST FEMALE CHARACTER IN ANY 80S MOVIE. I'm not talking about Elizabeth Shue, I'm talking Sarah, the kick ass kid. There is the BEAUTIFUL Joe Gipp. And there is beautiful flaxen god-like Vincent D'Onofrio (doubt me? Watch it). This movie has everything you need for a silly awesome good time.

• Glorbes

★★★ Rewatched by Glorbes 23 Nov, 2014 1

Another eighties staple that is actually still pretty entertaining. It has moments of casual racism and homophobia throughout, but that seems to be very common in comedies of the era. The film is fast paced, occasionally funny, and gently suspenseful. The people I watched it with all agreed that car jacker character Joe Gibb would be a much more appealing romantic hook-up for Elisabeth Shue than the creepy university prep shit head.

• John Bayer

★★★½ Added by John Bayer

Adventures in Babysitting was one of my favorite comedies growing up. I watched this movie over and over in my adolescence had a huge crush on Elisabeth Shue. I hadn't seen it in over a decade but after a revisiting its still a fun comedy and I'm still crushing on Mrs Shue.

Chris(Shue) gets her evening plans cancelled by her boyfriend and decides to take the job babysitting for two siblings. May as well get paid if you got no…