• robthefilmgeek

★★★ Added by robthefilmgeek

Was at one point referred to as Night On The Town here in the UK but as subsequently renamed to it's original title (much like what happened with Harry and The Hendersons which was called Bigfoot and the Hendersons at one point).

It's sort of like a more child friendly version of After Hours and many other films before and since that is really just an excuse to go from one adventure or another.

While even as a kid I did not consider it one of my favourites, I still feel like it holds up pretty well.

• DemonToLeanOn

★★★ Rewatched by DemonToLeanOn 18 Aug, 2015

A mix of John Hughes teen humor, and Columbus trying to recapture his sense of adventure in THE GOONIES, ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING is fun little 80s gem.

One absurd scenario after the other accompanied by a great soundtrack and Elisabeth Shue's (who never fails to make my heart melt) charming performance, ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING just manages to deliver enough enjoyment with a few laughs along the way.

Although it didn't quite hold up on a second viewing, it's still completely harmless innocent fun.

• Sara Jean

★★★★ Rewatched by Sara Jean 16 Aug, 2015 3

Confession: I've seen this so many times that I can reenact the opening scene by memory. Also, Elizabeth Shue is a babe in this.

• Jake McCannell

★★★★ Added by Jake McCannell

If Elisabeth is in it, I am a Shue in to love it.

• Philman

★★½ Watched by Philman 03 Aug, 2015

Decent movie!

• Jordan McLaughlin

★★★★ Watched by Jordan McLaughlin 30 Jul, 2015

Although this is a knock off of After Hours this film was pretty great. It had all the makings of a cheesish 80s' movie. Elisabeth Shue was pure retro girl next door. The shenanigans were enjoyable and I was entertained the whole time. I'm a little disappointed the movie poster lied to me, but whatever.
    P.S: Isn't Daryl a poor man's Anthony Michael Hall?

• amy

★★★★ Rewatched by amy 25 Jul, 2015

Probably one of my favourite childhood movies.
    How great is that opening scene!

• Stacey Bates

★★½ Watched by Stacey Bates 27 Jul, 2015

A cute eighties comedy about a high school girl who gets into some unbelievable shenanigans while running away from bad guys and fighting off the unwanted love of the awkward freshman boy. But, never fear, because of course everything ends up all right in the end. She even gets the guy, who was forcefully inserted into the plot to fulfill the classic completely irrelevant yet somehow necessary romantic subplot required in the fine print of all high school-aged film contracts.…

• El_Ju

★★★½ Rewatched by El_Ju 19 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Pues no será una película de los 80 tan reivindicada o mitificada como otras pero bien maja que está.
    Una joven Elizabeth Shue lleva el peso de la película junto a unos chavales nada cargantes. Antes de LEAVING LAS VEGAS ya había una gran actriz y además estoy de acuerdo con lo que dice uno de los delincuentes al final.

• Ziad Hammad

★★★½ Watched by Ziad Hammad 15 Jul, 2015

Some 80s fun. Elisabeth Shue was absolutely gorgeous back in the day.

• SammyBronkowitz

★★★★ Watched by SammyBronkowitz 05 Apr, 2013

A very entertaining entry in one of my favourite subgenres. Yeah, it’s full of stereotypes, but well…80s comedies, y'know?

• Bouillotte

★★★ Rewatched by Bouillotte 04 Jul, 2015

Unfortunately for me it was way better in my memories, but still, an okay-good 80's flick.