• Esther Gerritsen

★★★★★ Watched by Esther Gerritsen 08 Apr, 2014

I haven't seen this movie since the eighties. It's still fun :)

• horrorfan

★★★★★ Rewatched by horrorfan 16 Mar, 2014

Watched this for about the 30th time in bed this morning. I will never get tired of this movie. This is true 80s nostalgia. From the station wagon, to the subway gangs and payphone booths, it's a trip down memory lane to a much simpler america.

• ocdpictures

★★★★ Added by ocdpictures

dvd

• Scott W. Black

★★★½ Rewatched by Scott W. Black 03 Mar, 2014

Sporadically funny, kid-friendly version of AFTER HOURS

• dda1996a

★★★ Watched by dda1996a 18 Feb, 2014

Adventures in Babysitting is the sillier, kids version of Scorsese's terrific black comedy After Hours.
    This is the template for the recent and pretty bad comedy "The Sitter".

Basically, the story is about a babysitter, who because of a rather stupid friend who for some reason "ran away from home" to the bus station, needs to go and pick up her friend.

She takes the children she is babysitting (for some reason, a freshman and his best friend seem uncapable…

• washington

★★★½ Watched by washington 04 Feb, 2014

Odd seeing Debra Hill credited here. Anyways this film exists in this strange, strange world that a lot of films seem to from the era that I have to assume is a pure fantasy, but at the same time I wouldn't put it pass rich white people to actually view the world in these terms. Even just the way that 'the city' is considered as and is portrayed as is a really amusing look into that culture's mindset. I suppose…

• Luana Gomes

★★★★ Added by Luana Gomes

Good family fun. A fave back in the day.

• Sam

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam 31 Jan, 2014

I've just seen three people shoot up, a bald Chinese lady with no pants on, and there's an old guy outside who wants his bedroom slippers!

• Pol Turrents

★★★★ Added by Pol Turrents

MÍTICA.

• Gaucelm

★★★½ Watched by Gaucelm 10 Jan, 2014

A fun, well-put together comedy film for a good time.

• Tyler Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Wilson 24 Nov, 2013

awesome

• Travis McClain

★★★ Rewatched by Travis McClain 07 Nov, 2013

Adventures in Babysitting was one of my earliest introductions to Chicago in movies. I think that's part of why I was never intimidated by the Second City and instead always saw it as a place for excitement and possibility. Elisabeth Shue is immensely likable in this role, starting with that terrific lip syncing performance that opens the film, right through her showdown with the two gangs on the El, and onto the cheesy wrap-up at the end.

This is one…