• Matthew Gehrts

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Gehrts 27 Jul, 2014

I finally gave this movie a chance and, let me just say, I'm very glad I did. It was very funny and truly enjoyable. There were quite a few really laughable moments. The cast all did a great job, though Sara - the little girl - was semi-annoying. The supporting cast that helped the kids along the way were fun and likable and added some feel-good aspects. It's a very timeless film; I almost couldn't tell that it was made…

• Brendan Hanson

★★★★ Watched by Brendan Hanson 22 Jul, 2014

This movie has everything! Action! Comedy! Suspense! Romance! I loved every damn second of this film.

• Kinky Pigtails

★★★½ Watched by Kinky Pigtails 22 Jul, 2014

[B]

• johnch

★★★½ Watched by johnch 19 Jul, 2014

worthy companion piece to after hours and into the night.

• Dylan Stedman

★★★★ Rewatched by Dylan Stedman 05 Jul, 2014 3

One of the best Non-John Hughes John Hughes movies ever - you can watch this movie and think to yourself "only in the 80's" every 5 minutes... OMG the Babysitter Blues scene is so cringe worthy I almost had to skip the scene!

Such a shame we don't get more Elizabeth Shue these days...

Don't fuck with the Babysitter!

• Ryan Stuckey

★½ Watched by Ryan Stuckey 06 Jul, 2014

People told me this was a good movie. They were all liars and scoundrels.

• Craig Duffy

★★★ Watched by Craig Duffy 30 Jun, 2014 1

Cute and vaguely racist. Probably would've liked if better had I grown up with it. What really saves the film is Elizabeth Shue. From the opening sing-a-long she has you in her grasp.

• Joshua David

★★★★ Rewatched by Joshua David 18 Jun, 2014

I forgot how flat-out fun this movie is. Some really great scenes and more than enough truly funny moments to make up for any brief missteps.

• PolackJoe

★★★★ Rewatched by PolackJoe 15 Jun, 2014

This is one of those films I've watched so many times, that I can pretty much watch it with just the sound, and know visually what's going on throughout the movie.

Other than Elisabeth Shue looking like a really hot version of Tom Baker's Doctor, I really can't put my finger on why I enjoy this movie so much. It moves at a good pace, the characters are likable and the gags are pretty good, but overall it's nothing that I would usually watch as much as I have. I guess it's just one of my guilty pleasures. Elisabeth Shue really does look good.

• jdetrick

★★★★ Rewatched by jdetrick 12 Jun, 2014

I don't think I can defend this film in any meaningful way; it's a movie built on happenstance and coincidence, with rather broadly drawn characters. I have no doubt that my affection for the film is based on seeing it when I was younger and if I saw it for the first time today I would consider it silly and (perhaps) annoying. However, I do think it's a fun romp, an example of a movie that I fear is rarely…

• Brook Kennon

★★★ Rewatched by Brook Kennon 31 May, 2014

Made the kids watch it. First time I'd seen it in many years. Never noticed the racism present in it before with the lily white suburban kids frightened to go into the big city where they might encounter black people. Black people in the movie are: car thief (but a nice car thief), mobster underling, chop shop workers, bag lady/thief, blues musicians.

• NickP725