• Bill Baker

★★ Watched by Bill Baker 19 Apr, 2015

Family movie night two, this one was Mommy's choice. Anna Rose (8) liked it better than Agent Cody Banks, but I had my reservations. Most of my concerns were about inappropriate language for a family picture, and centrality of child endangerment and age inappropriate sexual innuendo to the plot, but it was just another amusement park ride of a movie, so let's not be too picky. PG 13 with emphasis on the 13.

• Brandon Sawyer

Watched by Brandon Sawyer 29 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have a now-kind-of-famous storytelling guideline that your story beats should be connected by “therefores” and “buts,” rarely (if ever) “and then…” Here’s a movie that’s built maybe entirely on “And then…,” and you can feel the episodic droopiness. Chris (the babysitting having adventures) rarely makes a decision that’s not forced on her by others/circumstances. Wait… Does she make ANY decision that’s not forced on her? She reacts through the whole movie. There’s no “want” there,…

• Nicki Hoy

Rewatched by Nicki Hoy 09 Apr, 2015

A childhood favorite that never gets old

• RagingTaxiDriver

★★★ Watched by RagingTaxiDriver 08 Apr, 2015

Watched on the Oculus Rift for a study.

Probably enjoyed this more than I should, but really thought its narrative and style evoked The Odyssey (or at least similar plot developments.) Certainly cliche 80s, but at least its enjoyable enough for a second round.

• Cadj

★★★★★ Added by Cadj

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

• Teenage Dirtbag

★★★★ Added by Teenage Dirtbag

Though many people know Elisabeth Shue as Jennifer from Back to the Future II, they don’t recognize her as Chris from Adventures in Babysitting. A classic 80’s movie all about a group of teenagers, (accompanied by a tiny child Thor who Chris is also stuck babysitting) who go through an all-night adventure before the parents get back home. Sound familiar? This movie takes the concept of Ferris Bueller's Day Off and moves it up a peg in the most memorable…

• Loren

★★★★ Added by Loren

This film means so much to me.

THOR.

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

I have nothing to offer here. Not really the kind of movie where you pay a lot of attention to anything. It's there as something familiar. Background noise. For me, anyway. Loved the opening credits, especially (though the other musical number always kind of makes me cringe for some reason).

• Sienna

★★★½ Added by Sienna

Goofy and charming.

• Deven Seymour

★★★★½ Rewatched by Deven Seymour 13 Feb, 2015

Holds up surprisingly well. I little bit of bad acting, but otherwise great fun.

• Steven Cohen

★★★ Watched by Steven Cohen 21 Jan, 2015

Adventures in Babysitting is one of those "classic" 80's films that people always talk about. It adds up to a fun enough movie, but some of the pieces are problematic, including an amazing scene where four white kids from the suburbs teach an entire club full of black urbanites about the real meaning of the blues. Stereotypes are all over the place in this movie, racial and otherwise, though my favorite character is probably Joe Gipp (Calvin Levels), the cart…

• Cass Nicholas

★★★½ Watched by Cass Nicholas 31 Jan, 2015

Once again... white people are still crazy man