• Matt Brown

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Brown 29 Oct, 2015

How have we, as a culture, forgotten that Vincent "The Kingpin" D'Onofrio once played Thor, and inspired little girls everywhere to ONE DAY WIELD THE MIGHTY MJOLNIR AND DEFEND THE INNOCENT AGAINST THE FORCES OF EVIL

• Agnis

★★★½ Watched by Agnis 23 Oct, 2015

As much as The Sitter would apparently have you believe that it's not a remake of this movie, it's full of shit.

A lot funnier and more easygoing than The Sitter.

I have no idea how these two movies ended up so close to each other on my watchlist, weird. Apparently there's another one I'm gonna watch soon called Uncle Buck with a similar babysitting theme.

• Carlos Laron

★★½ Watched by Carlos Laron 22 Oct, 2015

Fairly decent and entertaining but I hate to admit as it does happen quite often, I dozed off halfway.

• MovieGenius

½ Watched by MovieGenius 15 Oct, 2015 2

Trying to think of a mainstream, seemingly benign auteur more perniciously terrible than Chris Columbus, and I don't know that I can.

Opening scene is sublime, due to The Crystals and Phil Spector. "And then he kissed me," indeed, and then... oh boy. Don't care about the 1980somethingness of "homo" being regarded as an acceptable slur utterance. Whatever, I'm not gonna be a fag and die on that PC hill; let it stand as a poor joke and a reflection…

• Movie Buff Dave

★★★★½ Rewatched by Movie Buff Dave 05 Oct, 2015

This is a really good movie starring Elizabeth Shue. I really like the Chicago setting and the adventurous tone of the movie. This came out in the '80s and it was one of those movies that shows the over the top fear of the city that upper class suburbanites have. A lot of the stuff in this movie comes off as kind of goofy, but there is no denying that it is really fun from start to finish. It is…

• Scrambled Face

★★★★ Rewatched by Scrambled Face 03 Oct, 2015

Adventures in Babysitting is one of those fully-vetted '80s comedy classics that needs no recommendations, from me or from anyone else. As a kid, I had the novelization, one of those thin Point paperbacks you'd get at the school book fair, and probably read that more than I watched the movie back then. I still find any iteration of this story equally charming. I won't bother to recount the plot or vainly try to gauge its objective quality, but this…

• Blair Russell

★★★ Added by Blair Russell

I will admit that my take on this movie may be clouded in nostalgia, as this is something I saw more than a few times when I was a youngster; while I haven't seen it in full in who knows how many years, a messageboard discussion revolving around how Michael Kamen's score here is like a dry run for the score that he did in Die Hard and despite seeing both movies often I never put the pieces together and…

• Peter Valerio

★½ Watched by Peter Valerio 22 Sep, 2015

Wow, that didn't age well. I hope. I didn't see it in the '80's, so I guess it could have been terrible then, and it aged as well as it could.

• Zach

★★ Rewatched by Zach 11 Sep, 2015

I had never registered, until this viewing, how utterly insane this movie is.

• Beth

★★★★½ Rewatched by Beth 07 Sep, 2015

Seen this a million times (it was the only video at my Grandma's house) but somehow this was my first viewing since having been a Chicagoan for 3 years. Geographically the film is absurd, and/but this totally works in its favor.
    Funnily enough, some of those old style trains are still in commission but only on the really shitty/scary lines.

• Yves Perret

★★ Watched by Yves Perret 02 Sep, 2015 2

• robthefilmgeek

★★★ Added by robthefilmgeek

Was at one point referred to as Night On The Town here in the UK but as subsequently renamed to it's original title (much like what happened with Harry and The Hendersons which was called Bigfoot and the Hendersons at one point).

It's sort of like a more child friendly version of After Hours and many other films before and since that is really just an excuse to go from one adventure or another.

While even as a kid I did not consider it one of my favourites, I still feel like it holds up pretty well.