• Michael Young II

★★★½ Watched by Michael Young II 06 Feb, 2016

Take back what you said about THOR!

• Chris Amis

★★★½ Watched by Chris Amis 06 Feb, 2016

I thought I had seen this as a kid but maybe it was just the poster in every video store, because I didn't remember any details of the movie. It's really familiar though, but that could also be because it's the same as every other "kid adventure movie" from the 80s. That's not a complaint! It was a lot of fun.

• Mitchell Beaupre

★★ Watched by Mitchell Beaupre 31 Jan, 2016

Dated as all hell, even by ‘80s movies standards, Adventures in Babysitting is periodically amusing, but mostly a limp journey through the night with a suitably ridiculous story (not really a complaint in this context), and some incredibly annoying kids (I guess the little girl was cute at times, but the two boys were unbearable). If it’s saved by anything, it’s definitely the immensely likable presence of Elisabeth Shue in the lead, but she’s too often drowned out by the less enjoyable aspects of the film that surround her.

• Lior Hadar

★★ Rewatched by Lior Hadar 21 Jan, 2016

Successful screenwriter for Amblin' production, Chris Columbus (The Goonies, Gremlins), takes on an Amblin'-esque adventure-comedy for his directorial debut. I suspect Adventures in Babysitting is just one of those 80's films that didn't age very well, since I remember it being much more fun. It comes off as a far less edgy version of Scorsese's After Hours, with phlegmatic pacing and silly plot turns that don't make a lick of sense even in the wacky universe the movie inhabits. Worth a watch for Elisabeth Shue fans, but even her 80's cuteness can't save this one.

• Don Walton Jr

★★★★ Rewatched by Don Walton Jr 17 Jan, 2016

Still holds up... Also, the best Thor movie by far.

• jemercedes

★★★★★ Watched by jemercedes 10 Jan, 2016

This has and will always be one of my favourite movies. I don't even know how many times I have watched this movie.

• Michael May

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael May 15 Jan, 2016

Nobody gets out of this place without singin' the blues.

• Charles Arpin

★★★★ Added by Charles Arpin

Oh wow do I love Elizabeth Shue.

• MichaelEternity

★★★★ Rewatched by MichaelEternity 25 Dec, 2015 1

I realize this movie has some outdated content and is pretty cheesy at times, but it's also got a certain lived-in charm, a John Hughes-like attention to comic detail both broad and specific, and though it eventually leans on a relatively unpleasant criminals-in-pursuit climax like way too many '80s comedies ("Three Men and a Baby" always comes to mind first - why did they have to ruin the cuteness of that movie with that third act thriller angle?), it's still…

• Notsoboo

★★★½ Rewatched by Notsoboo 01 Jan, 2016

"Don't fuck with the babysitter."

Farce for preteens, but still fun for adults (in no small part due to the incredible soundtrack).

• Beej Powers

★★★½ Watched by Beej Powers 29 Dec, 2015

It has been a LONG TIME since I've seen this movie. Great shots of Chicago. Goofy fun.

• Cosmic Sentry

★★★★ Rewatched by Cosmic Sentry 23 Dec, 2015

"Nobody leaves here without singing the blues."