• John Bayer

★★★½ Added by John Bayer

Adventures in Babysitting was one of my favorite comedies growing up. I watched this movie over and over in my adolescence had a huge crush on Elisabeth Shue. I hadn't seen it in over a decade but after a revisiting its still a fun comedy and I'm still crushing on Mrs Shue.

Chris(Shue) gets her evening plans cancelled by her boyfriend and decides to take the job babysitting for two siblings. May as well get paid if you got no…

• Andrew Nichols

★★★★ Added by Andrew Nichols

80's classic.

• Robin Solsjö Höglund

★★½ Watched by Robin Solsjö Höglund 15 Nov, 2014

A goofy and harmless comedy about a bunch of sheananigans during a babysitting adventure. Not exceptional or really all that funny, but it was cute enough to have a gander at for 100 minutes or so. My favourite part was undoubtedly little Sara and her unwavering love for the Marvel version of Thor. The homo.

• Sean

★★★ Rewatched by Sean 13 Nov, 2014

It's highly implausible that the shit that happens to Chris and the kids she babysits would ever happen in real life. This is a movie and you are supposed to suspend any kind of disbelief while watching it. It's a fun ride, charming and sometimes pretty funny no thanks to Anthony Rapp having some of the best lines. The movie is set in Chicago but I noticed a few locations that were shot in the city I live in, Toronto.…

• Roberts

★★★ Rewatched by Roberts 13 Nov, 2014

These days it's more interesting as a piece of 80's middle-class suburban paranoia, but otherwise it's a cute and harmless adventure flick.

• redbeardriley

★★★ Watched by redbeardriley 08 Nov, 2014

I don’t think I’d call it an 80’s classic, but it’s certainly a notable 80’s teen flick. It’s sort of Hughes-lite. John Hughes, as far as I know, had nothing to do with the making of this film. But the suburban-middle-class-kids-on-an-adventure-in-Chicago-y-ness of it all is, at least, inspired by Hughes. The potential peril this group faces feels pretty serious at times, rendering it a little darker than other films in the genre—but only slightly. And it gets pretty Ferris-Bueller-y towards…

• AmandaC

★★★½ Watched by AmandaC 07 Nov, 2014

Teen adventure feel good film. Elisabeth Shue plays babysitter to three feisty children. Good fun

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 16 Mar, 2014

Elisabeth Shue's first leading role seems perfectly suited to her charms and represents a very successful casting choice indeed. Unfortunately, she is let down by a script that, although sees her roped into babysitting some kids who end up through various misadventures on the run from a criminal gang in the big city, doesn't manage to conjure up consistently entertaining or funny scenes. By the end of the film, however, the chemistry among the young actors, ably directed by Chris Colombus (in his directorial debut) proves enough to keep the film watchable.

• veronica

★★★★ Added by veronica

Such a good film. Nostalgia at its best.

• Luke Ibbetson

★★★½ Watched by Luke Ibbetson 26 Oct, 2014

Like After Hours for the John Hughes generation.

• PointMan528491

★★★½ Watched by PointMan528491 18 Aug, 2011

It has a tough time deciding between a realistic and more fantastical tone and it borrows from many other 80s flicks, but Adventures in Babysitting is still a fun time thanks to funny characters and the always pleasing Elisabeth Shue.

• Alesia

★★★★★ Watched by Alesia 18 Mar, 2005

This is a great teen/kid adventure comedy movie with an excellent cast and story. I love it, and I highly recommend it.