• Justin Nava

★½ Rewatched by Justin Nava 01 Sep, 2015

I mean ok I never noticed how shitty this movie was before, but hot damn this movie is shitty.

• Zaw Mine

★★ Added by Zaw Mine

Disappointing.
    Why would I waste my time reviewing this movie?

• Danny Farrington

★★½ Added by Danny Farrington

It was nice to see Tim Burton's dark twist on the already dark tale, however, the overuse of CGI effects took away from the viewing experience.

• Conan Tan

★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 13 Jan, 2015

A rather fitting story to be adapted by Tim Burton,

• ritinha747

★★ Watched by ritinha747 06 Mar, 2010

Johnny Depp being amazing. The movie not so much.

• Derenzo

Added by Derenzo

Please stop.

• Jordan

★★★ Rewatched by Jordan 15 Aug, 2015

After seeing the new posters for the sequel that were shown at D23, I thought I might give the first film another chance. When I first rented it back in 2010, I hated it and nearly fell asleep during it. Although I still don't think it's that great of a movie, it wasn't nearly as dreadful as I remembered. The cast is dedicated and the CGI looks great (when it's combined with the practical effects. When it's 100% CGI it…

• Ian Anderson

★★½ Watched by Ian Anderson 13 Aug, 2015

A retelling of the Alice in Wonderland story with an older Alice who is mistaken for the original Alice. The Mad Hatter is elevated from a minor character to co-star.

There is an almost overwhelming amount of CGI, that gives a gothic dreamlike quality.

While there are strong hints of a moral but I couldn't find one. Likewise the films seems more about the visuals than story telling.

• SamCricket

★★ Added by SamCricket

The visual style is Burton and the story is Disney. I won't bother saying more, partly because there's not much to say, and partly because I know Lewis Carrol is turning in his grave right now, and I don´t want him to come out to haunt me.

• Lexi

½ Added by Lexi

Stop what you are doing.

Everyone. Just everyone who had a hand in this. Just stop.

• Jacob Gehman

★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

Utterly disposable, but consumable in the same way a bag of gummy worms are--they seems like a good idea, you don't much like them, but you can't stop eating until the bag is empty. And then your stomach hurts.

• Lee Razer

★★ Watched by Lee Razer 01 Jan, 2010

Tim Burton does Tim Burton doing Alice in Wonderland. Visuals are mildly interesting but the screenplay certainly isn't.