• eschwa22

1/10: ★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Utter garbage."

• Shepherd Benjamin

½ Rewatched by Shepherd Benjamin 25 Jun, 2015 1

Imagine if Tim Burton created his Wonderland in the late 80s', or even early 90s', with stop motion and innovative techniques in animation and production design. Imagine if he used a cast something like this:

ALICE - Winona Ryder
    THE HATTER - Michael Keaton
    CHESHIRE - Anthony Hopkins (voice)
    QUEEN OF HEARTS - Catherine O'Hara
    WHITE RABBIT - John Hurt (voice)
    GRYPHON - Sean Connery (voice)
    KNAVE OF HEARTS - Christopher Walken
    THE MOCK TURTLE - Raúl Juliá
    THE CATERPILLAR…

• Eric

★★★½ Watched by Eric 20 Jun, 2015

Sehr fantasievoller und stylisher Abenteuerfilm für Groß und Klein

• SmokingPizza

★★★½ Added by SmokingPizza

Lets face it, any way you bring Alice in Wonderland to the screen it's always gonna be crazy/weird/funny/trippy/stupid/great. I remember though the friend of mine I went and saw this with fell asleep halfway through. I'm not sure what that says because after we left he said he still liked it. I'm pretty sure at least that Tim Burton was the right dude to make this film.

• Simon Magus

½ Added by Simon Magus

One of the worst films of the past decade.

• L!M!N

½ Added by L!M!N

Only watch Depp's dance in the credits.

• Priscila

★★★½ Added by Priscila

3.5/5

• nandoval29

Added by nandoval29

So bad I didn't even rate it

• Sirivof

★½ Added by Sirivof

Si esa aberración de "El planeta de los simios" no existiese, este sería definitivamente el peor trabajo de Burton. Siendo un trabajo de uno de mis directores favoritos y teniendo a Johnny Depp como actor (Que novedad xD) fue una muy mala película, de verdad que no me había sentido tan decepcionado con una película en mucho, mucho tiempo.
    En esta película se olvido del sub-realismo, de las situaciones entrañables y de la diversión para crear una historia sin vida…

• Josh Vieth

★½ Watched by Josh Vieth 02 Jun, 2015

How odd is it that there is no "wonder" to Alice in Wonderland? The film is a CGI-bloated monster that I really just wanted to end after about an hour. Even Mia Wasikowska, who is the best part of the film, can't stand out among a slew of forgettable characters in forgettable settings with a messy plot.

• Dirk van Eck

Watched by Dirk van Eck 02 Jun, 2015 10

Perhaps the most surprising thing about Alice in Wonderland, adapted from one of the most haphazard stories in the history of story-telling, is its lack of surprise; not only with regards to the screenplay, but also the actors and actresses take on roles they’ve been portraying for years now - mainly pointing the guilty finger at Helena Bonham Carter and of course Johnny Depp here. Johnny Depp and Tim Burton should start thinking about seeing other people. Alice itself is…

• JohnTyler

★★½ Added by JohnTyler

Although director Tim Burton still has a terrific eye for top-notch cinematography and visuals, and it has more substance than Lewis Carroll's novel, Alice in Wonderland unfortunately suffers from a substandard, hackneyed story, and a script that's unfaithful to the story and outlandish spirit of the source material.