• Adam Bolden

★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 07 May, 2012

We all know the story of Alice in Wonderland, but this isn't that story. This is the story of what happened many years after that. When doing a sequel to such an established work, it would really work better if it kept the same tone and got its facts straight. And even if this movie was more faithful to the original stories, it's still far too boring to matter.

Alice (Mia Wasikowska) has stumbled back into Underland many years later,…

• Nicolas Perez-Carreno

★★★★ Rewatched by Nicolas Perez-Carreno 27 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

There were a few scenes that bored me but overall I do love this movie. I think the parts that were boring were the ones not in Wonderland. To me, I felt as if Tim Burton made it that way because that's how her life was there in the real world: boring. But in Alice in Wonderland it was awesome. Some people underrate this movie, though. It's not highly praised enough.

• caatnilsson

★½ Rewatched by caatnilsson 01 Mar, 2015 2

Tim Burton and Alice in Wonderland does on paper appear to be a match made in heaven.
    In the bonus material everyone seems ever so pleased with the end result and everyones effort with the film.
    So, what exactly went wrong here?

First of all, this review comes after revisiting the film for the first time on DVD (2D) after seeing in the cinema on release (3D). Yeah, just about five years is what it took to be able to…

• andcam

★★★½ Watched by andcam 28 Feb, 2015

Visually beautiful but ultimately bland.

• David Steinlicht

★★ Added by David Steinlicht

Oh, Tim Burton. Another swing and a miss.

• Jonah Chavez

★½ Added by Jonah Chavez

Hated this movie. Thought it was totally over done and not very funny when it tried to be

• exoplanett

★½ Watched by exoplanett 05 Mar, 2010

Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, being Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, set in Wonderland.

• Amit Ashar

Added by Amit Ashar

2010

• Brandon Santana

★★★ Watched by Brandon Santana 09 Feb, 2015

Decent Movie, nothing special. The graphics were alright, I liked the characters more than anything though and the scenery. 3 out of 5 stars

• longcoldwinter

★★★½ Added by longcoldwinter

Caught this on the big screen when it came out and it´s still a good time. I´ve yet to be really let down by a Tim Burton movie starring Depp and even managed to dig "Dark Shadows".

Every adaption I´ve seen so far takes great liberty with the source material, no big suprise to me after having read it. So Burton´s version isn´t any less true to the source to any other and it´s Burton all the way. Like most…

• Aleph Null

Watched by Aleph Null 26 Aug, 2013

lewis carroll's original book is a phenomenal string of vignettes playing on mathematical logic, paradox, and inauthenticity, set in a world with nonsensical but draconian laws, tyrannical, almost kafkaesque. for carroll, survival in wonderland, and by extension the world, is based on pure chance, and any attempts to find underlying meaning or order in this deeply flawed and paradoxical existence is not only foolish but fatal (cf. the hunting of the snark). tim burton's idea of making this story darker

• Bryan Colley

★★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

Here's a veteran filmmaker in full command of his ample resources reworking a piece of classic literature not because he really cares about the subject, but because he knows he can do an excellent job of it. And so he does. I have little to complain about this film - everything is richly realized and it's not embarrassingly bad like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - but like most of Tim Burton's movies lately, it lacks real heart and passion.…