• Angelsfeelings

★★★½ Rewatched by Angelsfeelings 03 Oct, 2015

The second time around I certainly like the movie better. Unfortunately the last half an hour is ruining the movie for me a little bit. Tim Burton's unique creepy yet colourful style is suiting this older version of classic fairytale.

• Matt Brosey

★★★ Added by Matt Brosey

Like the set and wardrobe design, as for the accents and story, meh.

• ganapathiraman

★★★★ Watched by ganapathiraman 28 Sep, 2015

Johnny and mia acted well... nice fairy tale...

• omar_stark1999

★★½ Watched by omar_stark1999 25 Sep, 2015

The movie hsd some moments and good makeup but the film feels like rubbish mixed with Burton's style

• PsychoSavager

★★ Added by PsychoSavager

I was unfortunate to see this in 3D in the cinema. I barely noticed the 3D aspect. However, I may have been distracted by the awfulness of the movie in general. Everyone is miscast, in no small part due to Burton's insistence on putting Deep and Bonham-Carter in everything. The CGI is the blandest of bland and the story has taken one of the most unique and creative fantasy stories ever and turned it into a utterly run-of-the-mill movie fantasy adventure. All the characters have been pasted into archetype roles in a standard story template. Watch the animated 50s version instead.

• Xerxes Visser

★★★★½ Added by Xerxes Visser

Of course, being a Burton fan, I loved this. It was amazing and beautifully made. Not surprised at loving the film.

★★★★★ Watched by ANTONIASWAY 28 Nov, 2010

encore encore j'aime j'aime Johnny Depp et Tim Burton = duo gagnant !

• Bartman

Added by Bartman

Presented as a sequel to the books, in which a 20-year-old Alice returns to Wonderland, Tim Burton gives us a "new" story, one which shoehorns the characters from the book into the most generic, formulaic Hollywood narrative, which only exists to give us chase-scenes, explosions and Lord of the Rings-style battle sequences. Despite the expensive CGI-effects, it is completely, utterly devoid of imagination and originality and has all true strangeness and eccentricity surgically removed (which, given the source, is quite…

• miss3dog115

★★★★★ Rewatched by miss3dog115 20 Sep, 2015

A wonderful take on a classic story. I highly enjoy Tim Burton films, and found Johnny Depp as the Hatter incredibly charming.

• coolcash15

★★½ Rewatched by coolcash15 17 Sep, 2015

Re watch. The CGI is dated already and I am terrified by Johnny Depp's performance and his dance at the end. The acting is meh, the script is meh, the plot is predictable and tired. Crispin Glover didn't even wear a real suit, it was just his head on a CGI body. Tim Burton, what the hell? It's just all meh. BLEH.

• Sean Mulvihill

★½ Watched by Sean Mulvihill 14 Sep, 2015

Full review at: www.fanboynation.com/alice-in-wonderland-2010/

In adapting parts of its story from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, Burton and screenwriter Linda Woolverton turned a story of limitless wonder and imagination into rather straightforward affair, employing the trite Chosen One narrative, where Alice is destined to bring peace to Underland, and concluding events with the requisite final action sequence. Of course, one can’t help but suspect that Alice has been transformed into a 19-year-old in this…

• Vas20

★★½ Watched by Vas20 07 Sep, 2015

I think this movie should have been fully animated. I liked the visuals, but I hate when live-action and animation are mixed. I didn't liked Johnny Depp's and Anne Hathaway's performances, but Helena Bonham Carter was funny. It was a mediocre movie at best.