• dansmonarbre

★★★★ Added by dansmonarbre

I really fell in love with this movie.

The whole Alice in Wonderland mythology is a wonderful place to visit, and I got lost in this visit to it.

Tim Burton is an artist. I've known this for a long time, but like any good artist every visit is a blunt reminder of that fact. Every scene is a painting with so much going on that you want to keep hitting pause. I know it isn't all Burton, but also…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Visually inspired as the rest of Burton's films, but the update of the story is nothing of note.

• David Gutierrez

★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

Alice in Wonderland has some good visuals and an interesting overall atmosphere, but that's pretty much it.

• Cactus Matt

★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

Very much a Tim Burton film for better and worse. It’s visually engaging but otherwise lacking, not only in character and storyline but also charm as it feels more like a demented Technicolor art show than an actual film.

• fdash

★★ Added by fdash

Godawful mistreatment of a venerated classic.

• alon89

★★★ Added by alon89

The visuals are pretty good. Unfortunately, it ends there.

• msmanson

★★★★ Added by msmanson

Story very very different from the books or the Disney version, but graphically beautiful to look at.

• Ness

★★★★ Added by Ness

HELENAAAA also Tim

• Adam Bolden

★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 07 May, 2012

We all know the story of Alice in Wonderland, but this isn't that story. This is the story of what happened many years after that. When doing a sequel to such an established work, it would really work better if it kept the same tone and got its facts straight. And even if this movie was more faithful to the original stories, it's still far too boring to matter.

Alice (Mia Wasikowska) has stumbled back into Underland many years later,…

• Nicolas Perez-Carreno

★★★★ Rewatched by Nicolas Perez-Carreno 27 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

There were a few scenes that bored me but overall I do love this movie. I think the parts that were boring were the ones not in Wonderland. To me, I felt as if Tim Burton made it that way because that's how her life was there in the real world: boring. But in Alice in Wonderland it was awesome. Some people underrate this movie, though. It's not highly praised enough.

• caatnilsson

★½ Rewatched by caatnilsson 01 Mar, 2015 2

Tim Burton and Alice in Wonderland does on paper appear to be a match made in heaven.
    In the bonus material everyone seems ever so pleased with the end result and everyones effort with the film.
    So, what exactly went wrong here?

First of all, this review comes after revisiting the film for the first time on DVD (2D) after seeing in the cinema on release (3D). Yeah, just about five years is what it took to be able to…

• andcam

★★★½ Watched by andcam 28 Feb, 2015

Visually beautiful but ultimately bland.