• Lukeh

★★½ Watched by Lukeh 25 Apr, 2015

The quadrilogy is finished. It's been a heck of a journey, but also an interesting one. I'm not sure how Alien ended up getting four films as a 'franchise' when you consider how special the first one is and how different the following films are, but it's been interesting going from 1 to 4 and seeing with Resurrection now how far away it is from the original film. In all honesty, I didn't mind Alien Resurrection in most places but…

• jonti

Added by jonti

Sigh.

I wasted enough time already in just watching this.

Poor casting choices, an extraordinarily bad choice for director, and bad production from the off, Alien: Resurrection is a total train wreck.

My deepest sympathies go to Joss Whedon, the writer and all-round Geek Diety, who will have this millstone around his neck for the rest of his career. Almost none of the things that make Alien: Resurrection bad are his fault, but I suspect the real problem is that…

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Blu-Ray

• fincky87

★★★★ Rewatched by fincky87 19 Apr, 2015 1

Ripley ist längst im Feuer verstorben. Dennoch wird sie 200 Jahre später als Züchtung, als Klon als Kreuzung aus Alien und Mensch wiedergeboren. Ripley überlebt die Geburt des Aliens, doch es vergeht nicht viel Zeit bevor die gezüchteten Aliens ausbrechen und die Schiffscrew dezimieren. Ripley und ein Haufen Weltraumpiraten müssen nun einen Weg herausfinden. Gar nicht so einfach wenn man von zwölf blutrünstigen Aliens verfolgt wird.

1997 wurde der französische Regisseur Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Amélie) für die Fortsetzung des Alien-Franchise verpflichtet.…

• Trevor Griffiths

★★½ Rewatched by Trevor Griffiths 11 Apr, 2015

Cloning Ripley to remove the alien that was in her chest before she died is tantamount to cloning Ripley because you want to steal the boots she was wearing when she died.

• JuicyGS

★★½ Added by JuicyGS

Comic book entry in the alien saga with caricatures as characters and of all feels the most dated. Ripley finally faces off to another adult female with any real character..shame it is all a little too conceived and leaves disappoint

• William Kretschmer

★★★½ Rewatched by William Kretschmer 05 Apr, 2015

200 years after her death, Ellen Ripley is revived as a powerful human/Alien hybrid clone who must continue her war against the Aliens.
    Too ambitious for its own good this installment of the Aliens series is quite messy, but has some moments, especially concerning the visuals.

On renewed viewing I need to correct my initial rating: this is actually an imaginative and at times quite disturbing new take on the Alien saga and, compared to the last installment, the plot is quite coherent.

• Tim

★★½ Watched by Tim 09 Apr, 2015

Alien Resurrection goes to show what writing a script is like when you're basing it practically nothing. This whole movie felt like a cashgrab and it makes me legitimately scared about Blomkamp's continuation of the Alien franchise, even if it takes place before 3 or even before Resurrection. Just like Alien 3, this film tries to make you care about a cast of very unlikeable characters...and that says a lot because I really like Winona Ryder.

• G. Jardar Olsen

★★½ Added by G. Jardar Olsen

This fourth chapter is mostly style, the only problem is that Jeunet's style isn't suited for action scenes. The action is rarely any good, and it's never really scary, as a matter of fact the film gets worse with each viewing. When you can't get the Xenomorphs to feel threatening, then as far as Alien goes you've failed miserably.

I saw it for the first time in theaters back in 1997, then on VHS in 1998, on DVD about ten…

• Paul Davey

★★½ Rewatched by Paul Davey 29 Mar, 2015

Watched the original theatrical cut. It's kind of campy fun with some cool bits, but overall not very good. At least it's not as bleak and dreary as Alien 3.

• deadmett

★★★½ Watched by deadmett 04 Apr, 2015

hab hier mal aus versehen die review gelöscht.
    kurzfassung:
    trotz 4tem teil bewährter alien spass
    sigourney weaver saves the day and the movie
    franz. regisseur verkackt an dialogen, aber überzeugt visuell
    einzelcharaktere und szenen sind toll, insgesamt aber wie erwartet mehr vom selben

alienfans werden immernoch sehr viel spass haben, für alle anderen eher uninteressant

• Kieran Smith

Added by Kieran Smith

I think they should have stopped after the third one and had a brillant trilogy. Making the four was a mistake, like any good franchise, make too many and they start to get boring. Not an enjoyable movie at all.