• fiffy

Added by fiffy

Visually interesting. Some cool characters. I don't like the creature at the end. It makes me feel squirmy inside.

• jimmyjone

★★ Added by jimmyjone

That sure was a third sequel.

• Xplodera

★★★ Rewatched by Xplodera 18 May, 2016

“I'm the monster's mother”

The Joss Wheadon-penned Alien: Resurrection isn't as messy as its predecessor but on the other hand, is much more silly and unmemorable as a whole. With one exception, the subtexual elements continuing here - with a Ripley once again stuck with dudes referring to her as “fuckable” and “it” but the Ripley we see here is quite literally born again to become something much bigger.

After the scene where we see Ripley reemerge from her cocoon…

• Capra_cinefila

★★★ Added by Capra_cinefila

Ripley è tornata ed ha portato qualcosa con sé. Ultimo capitolo della tetralogia fantascientifica più famosa della storia del cinema, in cui il regista (con)fonde le due razze (da brividi la scena della “stanza degli esperimenti”) mettendo in risalto l'abuso e la prevaricazione del limite della scienza da parte dell'essere umano. Sigourney Weaver in questi terreni algidi e disumani ci sguazza. Passabile il resto del cast.

• Megan

★★ Rewatched by Megan 17 May, 2016

Alien:Resurrection manages to be so bizarre yet so bland which is probably why I often forget I've seen it but it comes back in flashes like a fever dream. My initial reaction when you pitch that in this Alien sequel Ripley is part xenomorph is that's dope! But then if I give it any amount of thought I realize there's no way you can pull that off because it's very dumb and that turns out to be true. You're immediately…

• pillole di cinema

★★½ Watched by pillole di cinema 04 Oct, 2012

Il plot di Alien - La clonazione è tremendo, scritto male, superficiale. E poi Alien che fa gli occhioni dolci non si può proprio vedere.

• Erik

★★½ Watched by Erik 16 May, 2016

This one was just OK, it's a fine but not really inspiring entry in the Alien series. I felt that there were some improvements on Alien 3 in some areas, but also some steps backward. Despite my own feelings about Alien 3 I felt that Sigourney Weaver gave an excellent performance as Ripley in that film, but this time around it really felt like this was just a paycheck movie for her. The supporting cast is stronger this time, especially…

• Vincent Mollica

★★★★ Watched by Vincent Mollica 15 May, 2016

Points for grossness.

• Linus

★★ Watched by Linus 16 May, 2016

Much worse than Alien 3 in my opinion. The basketball scene reminded me of the infamous Catwoman basketball scene.

• GoldriverMTSCBE

★★★½ Watched by GoldriverMTSCBE 14 May, 2016

The current final chapter in the Alien series. To me this was a step up from Alien 3 but didn't come close to surpassing the first two movies. It could have used some more character development and world building elements. Many of the characters were far to weak and under developed. Why is one of the scientists a psycho for the aliens? What history existed between the Pirates and the General? These are all sub plots that could have been developed but weren't.

• Christie

★★★ Rewatched by Christie 14 May, 2016

This was quicker up to speed then the other previous three films. Lots of action and a creepy undertone throughout the film.As for the characters, lots of random characters with no purpose other then getting killed and Ripley's character lacks humanity and heroism, she's simply watching the whole time, which I hated because Ripley's character has always been the hero/the martyr saving lives/fighting, so to see her in this role made the film seem lifeless. My fav character in this film was Cole, everyone else seem to not matter whether they were rescued or not.

• Carter Llewellyn

★★½ Rewatched by Carter Llewellyn 13 May, 2016

Well... I guess this movie is where the "there are no lights/flash lights in the future of space" thing comes from. So many shadows... And really so few aliens, come to think of it.
    This film is slow and drawn out, with very little narrative or character development. However, there are a lot of great character moments spread throughout. Many of them involve Ron Perlman, of course. Though several involve a surprisngly elfin Winona Ryder (why is she wearing boxing…