• Bill Cornelius

Watched by Bill Cornelius 26 Aug, 2014

Yes, the one "Alien" film I had never seen. Visually, it's great. Other than that, what everyone says is true. It really sucks.

• Craig Dawson

★★★★ Watched by Craig Dawson 14 Oct, 2014

200 years after her death, Ellen Ripley is revived as a powerful human/Alien hybrid clone who must continue her war against the Aliens.

First time watch of this, the fourth instalment in the franchise and maybe because it has a terrible reputation but I actually really enjoyed this. Fair enough, it's not an Alien film in terms of tone and the fact that Ripley's character has completely changed, but unlike John McClane she is still interesting. I watched this film…

• Paul Davey

★★★ Rewatched by Paul Davey 19 Oct, 2014 1

It's bad, but not as dreadful as I remembered. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that this is the first time I've watched the "Special Edition" from 2003. While there are some terribly poor choices, and Joss Whedon's script is pretty stupid, I rather enjoyed this viewing. It's at least on a par with Alien 3.

• Eric_S

★★½ Added by Eric_S

The first genuinely disappointing entry in this series has a lot of good ideas, but suffers from an uneasy blend of sci-fi, horror, and comedy, the film rarely balancing the different tones as well as it could have. The constant fish-eye lens camerawork is fairly grating. Winona Ryder also shows up as the co-lead, delivering what has got to be the single worst performance in this series and maybe the worst performance of her career.

On the plus side, the…

• Gyurex

★★ Watched by Gyurex 17 Oct, 2014

Lett volna potenciál az alapötletben, de a megvalósítás totális béna és felesleges lett ilyen módon. Ripley végig mosolyogja az egész filmet, mint ha nem lenne probléma, a CGI szörnyek és egyéb effektek soha nem voltak ilyen bénák és a mellékszereplők többsége ZS kategóriás alakítást hoz (a szőrös vállú Tábornok kifejezetten béna). Szükség lett volna a történet továbbmesélésére, de nem így.

• miriam

★★ Rewatched by miriam 11 Oct, 2014

de las 4 la peor sin duda se nota que esta dirigida por un frances...que idas de olla!!!

• Luke

★½ Rewatched by Luke 12 Oct, 2014

"Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?"

"I can get you off. Maybe not the boat."

So the last time i watched this movie i thought it was quite good. I don't know what i was thinking. This film was completely awful.

After the amazing conclusion to Alien 3, we are forced to watch as a new group of scientists clone our favourite hero Ripley and try to breed and study the Alien species. So Ripley's…

• Guilherme Alves

Watched by Guilherme Alves 11 Oct, 2014

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Alien Resurrection Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

• Lucas Zegwaard

★★½ Rewatched by Lucas Zegwaard 10 Oct, 2014

The completely randomness I enjoyed on my first watch has soured in to a forgettable experience that goes through the stages of the movie without really caring.

It's still funny though.

• Mirthbound

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mirthbound 10 Oct, 2014

Of the 4 auteurs, invariably Jeunet makes the series' best.

• Andreas Walther

½ Rewatched by Andreas Walther 08 Oct, 2014

A heinous betrayal of the original Alien, closer in fact to the B-movie antics of Aliens and as far removed in its camp and silliness from the stark nihilism of Alien 3. Joss Whedon may have distanced himself from the execution of his script, but the decision of turning Ripley into a clone of herself fighting aliens and of course even a man-alien alongside a wacky bunch of space pirates on a space station 200 years in the future is almost as awful as the decision to make Alien: Resurrection in the first place. An all-out embarrassment.

• Matthew Vallée

★★½ Watched by Matthew Vallée 06 Oct, 2014

The final instalment of the Alien franchise is also probably the cheesiest. There were some odd elements to the story like clones and interspecies erotica and also parts that were downright silly like the half alien half human creature towards the end of the film. There also seemed to be a shift in tone from the previous movies as this one tried its hand at dark comedy. The humorous elements weren't consistent though and failed to be funny, instead merely…