• m_wanner14

★★★ Rewatched by m_wanner14 29 Jul, 2016

Fun fact: this was one of the first R-rated movies I ever saw. I didn't really understand it that much back then. I was just excited to watch an R-rated movie. Needless to say, at that age, it was some pretty kickass shit!

• Agaтa

★★½ Watched by Agaтa 29 Jul, 2016

probably the most sexist and disgusting film out of the entire alien franchise

• Jun

★★★ Rewatched by Jun 28 Jul, 2016

2003 Special Edition

• Patrick Lohmeier
  • Francisco Rosa

★★★½ Rewatched by Francisco Rosa 26 Jul, 2016

A balls-to-the wall follow up to the dark, understated third film in the series. Resurrection is an inventive, twisted story that takes place quite a while after the events of the last one. Visionary director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, working with a script by Joss Whedon, crafted a visually striking film that is also driven by good characterization and great dialogues.
    Sigourney Weaver seems to be relishing this particular twist on her character and it gives her performance verve.

• Timothy

★★½ Watched by Timothy 20 Jul, 2016

I think my extremely low expectations made me feel better about this movie.

• John McIntosh

★★½ Rewatched by John McIntosh 17 Jul, 2016

The problem with this film is the insertion of comedy elements, it really skews the tone. Still, even with out the comedy elements Resurrection would continue being the least of the Alien franchise. Its not necessarily a bad film just not on the same level as it's predecessors. Visually the film looks good but nothing breathtaking. I think that's the main issue most people have with it is that its just ok nothing unique or groundbreaking, just a standard men…

• ChainsawPenis

Added by ChainsawPenis

fuck me this was so bad

• P_WM

★★½ Rewatched by P_WM 16 Jul, 2016

A real mis-step for Whedon, for Jeunet and for the franchise.

Some really fun effects and, as always for anything Alien, some lovely design in parts. Also, one of my favourite bits of egregious exposition after the Call reveal, when everyone chills out for a few mins, forgets the xenomorpandh horror and chats android history to pass the apparently plentiful time.

• Ned Daigle

★½ Added by Ned Daigle

If Alien 3 was a sign that the saga of Ellen Ripley was on its last legs, then Alien:Resurrection is surely its final funeral oration. This fourth installment is a great looking, but lackluster, and totally confused sequel that also suffers from a severe case of inertia and preposterousness.

The whole shebang starts off on the wrong foot. Some 100 years after the end of Alien 3, a group of scientists on a super-spacestation use a sample of Ellen Ripley's…

• Glorbes

Rewatched by Glorbes 13 Jul, 2016

I haven't seen this since I saw it opening weekend in 1997. And while I can't say that I "like" it in the conventional sense, it's actually kind of fascinating in its own special way. There is enough of an authorial stamp to make this function like the best ill-conceived match between European director and American action film, as the look, design, and feel is reflective of Jeunet's Delicatessen or City of Lost Children, but the content is all re-hashed…

• Robert Lewis

★★½ Rewatched by Robert Lewis 27 Jun, 2016

It is interesting what one thinks they remember, especially in the case of films that you have not seen since it came out in theaters. This was the case for me regarding Alien: Resurrection. As a sat down to watch this again, I did not find this film "fantastic" as I remember it. While I still found this watchable and somewhat enjoyable, it is the worse of the Alien Franchise movies (I pretend that the two Alien vs. Predator films do not exists).

Roger Ebert's review can be found at
    www.rogerebert.com/reviews/alien-resurrection-1997