• Christian Høkaas

★★ Watched by Christian Høkaas 30 Mar, 2015

This wasn't a very good film. I knew that before I saw it and I felt it that way after it. But boy did it have a fun cast. They don't do much as characters, but it was fun seeing Sigourney Weaver, Winona Ryder, Brad Dourif (Grima Wormtongue), Dominique Pinon, Ron Perlman and Raymond Cruz, otherwise known as friggin' Tuco Salamanca from "Breaking Bad". Every time he was on screen, I smiled.
    This doesn't save it from being what it is, but I'm glad I completed this quadrilogy.

• egn

½ Watched by egn 29 Mar, 2015

Madre mía. Vergüenza ajena.

• Garrett Irwin

★★ Rewatched by Garrett Irwin 08 Jun, 2012

Art-house hero Jean-Pierre Jeunet adds some fresh style to the ever-declining Alien films, using inspiration from the classic Star Wars trilogy as part of his visual and aural recipe. He really does know how to create atmosphere in film (for further proof, go watch "The City of Lost Children"). Unfortunately, he and the audience are completely let down by gaping plot-holes, tired cliches, and a lack of chemistry between Sigourney Weaver and Winona Ryder. Some of the action scenes are creatively over-the-top. And who could forget that scene towards the end, where Ripley encounters a human-alien hybrid!

• Andy Swart

★★★★ Watched by Andy Swart 28 Mar, 2015 2

Believe or not I had never seen this film before. I purchased the Alien Anthology Blu-Ray set a few years back when Best Buy was practically giving them away trying to draft on the Prometheus hype.
    I put off watching it for years...mostly because the writer of this film, Josh Whedon, is an overrated hack and I despise pretty much everything he's ever done.
    However while looking up some information on this film I read that he hated it and…

• Jabberwocky

★★★ Watched by Jabberwocky 28 Mar, 2015

The last film of the original "Alien" series is the weakest, yet an ok film to watch. It can't match the greatness of the first two installments and it's not probably that good as the third one, but it "re-concludes" the story of Ellen Ripley who is now reborn and ready to kill a few more aliens.
    This film is ambitious, but is full of these cliches. It's weird to have Sigourney Weaver being a different Ellen Ripley than the…

• AJ Robinson

★★★ Added by AJ Robinson

Easily the weakest installment in the franchise due to an odd plot and the character of Ripley.....Not being Ripley. Somewhat Recommended

• Cactus Matt

★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

Some things are improved, some things are worse but generally speaking its still an unimportant and unneeded sequel.

• Shawn Stubbs

★★★½ Rewatched by Shawn Stubbs 25 Mar, 2015

This has a good story and some great special effects.

• Ben Hecking

★★½ Watched by Ben Hecking 23 Mar, 2015

Not entirely sure why this film was made or why any of the people involved in it thought it was a good idea.

It's utter nonsense BUT having said that Darius Khondji's work behind the camera is as stunning as always and the Aliens look badass.

Oh and am I the only one who finds the spawn of the Queen Alien at the end actually quite cute?

• SilentDawn

★½ Rewatched by SilentDawn 23 Mar, 2015 15

Let's say you're riding a bike. You ride by the local candy store, waving to the local elderly couple making bank off of the giving of cavities to children. You ride downtown, witnessing a live concert and the general atmosphere of a sunny afternoon. You ride by a local pizza place, smelling the delectable cheeses being melted and watching the delivery guy carry 15 pies stacked up on top of one another.

The day is perfect.

You join up with…

• Dan D'Amico

★★½ Rewatched by Dan D'Amico 22 Mar, 2015

Get rid of the Ripley/Clone nonsense and it ain't bad.

• CT_Sexybeast

★★ Watched by CT_Sexybeast 19 Mar, 2015

It's complete crap, but it's inventive and entertaining crap.