• Martin28

★★★

"My mommy always said there were no monsters. No real ones. But there are."

This is actually a perfectly serviceable fourth instalment. However, I have a major issue with Ripley killing that off-spring hybrid alien child at the end. I think it was cheap to just kill an alien which could be kept under relative control and in fact could be studied on earth. Not only killed, but given a pretty sadistic death at that. For me, it doesn't work.…

• wounded kite

★★★

Jurassic Park meets Aliens. Unfortunately, not quite as good as that elevator pitch suggests.

• Paul Fleming

★½

The 90s really weren't a great decade for big blockbuster sequels, were they? If Alien 3 attempted to replicate the original claustrophobic tension of Alien then Resurrection attempted to replicate the high octane action of Aliens. And fails miserably.

Bringing Ripley back from the dead the film manages to make her a cold and unlikeable character. The rest of the cast are an attempt to recreate the attitude filed motely crew of marines from Aliens only this time as some…

• Franki Weightman

★★★

Not the best offering in the Alien franchise but certainly not the worst either. I enjoyed the larger cast and the evolved aliens.

• Matt Mahoney

★★½

This is what happens when studios meddle with Joss Whedon’s work. We saw it here, we saw it with Avengers: Age of Ultron (which I liked more than most), and loss of studio faith killed Firefly to the aggravation of fans everywhere…

But let’s talk about the Newborn in the room, for about five minutes before it gets sucked out the window in what has to be the most disturbing moment in the entire franchise. The Newborn itself is a…

• Jak-Luke Sharp

Watched on Blu-Ray.

2003 SPECIAL EDITION CUT.

As action packed as it It I can never help but feel rather cheated with this hollow and clunky scripted film. Feeling more like a poor sci-fi film first with the inclusion of Xenomorphs second, resulting in a incredibly contrived entry. Performances are mixed, Perlman is the stand out and he's the third or fourth lead. Ryder is miscast with a poorly written role, same goes for Weaver who performs a shadow of what Ripley is, feeling somewhat cringe-worthy.

• Luis Alberto Quijano

★★★

Hated that Newborn crap. It's fun though.

• Camden McDonald

★½

With even weaker characters and duller action than the already disappointing Alien 3, and some laughably dumb moments that try to be cool, Resurrection is, in my opinion, even worse than its predecessor.

• Morgan Jones

Jesus Christ. Why did this film have to be made? I can't imagine this going over well in some meeting in Hollywood executive's office. This one is really nothing more than a half-assed cash in on the franchise.
    Everything that happens in this film makes NO SENSE. The death scenes are even more boring than Alien 3, and so are the characters. The whole Newborn thing is just outrageous and horrible. Overall, anyone who claims to be a fan of the Alien franchise should stay away from this film at all costs. I don't want to say this, but Ripley should have stayed dead.

• Daniel Louro

★★★½

They were trying to achieve something different once more, but ended up being too... silly and cartoony.
    I like it for what it is, though.

• jaytsun

some hentai shit right here but with less crying so it's better

• RafaelGardiolo

Um filme que abraça os excessos tirando seus melhores e piores momentos deste. Infelizmente os piores são em maioria.