• chcstorey3

★★½ Watched by chcstorey3 25 Nov, 2015

This movie is a fucking mess. Ultimately, it suffers from a lack of an interesting story and compelling characters. Consequently, some singular elements show promise, but are so shaded by complete shit that they are missed. Obviously a cash grab movie in a series well known for these kinds of movies. Hopefully Prometheus is better.

• Richard Trapp

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Trapp 22 Nov, 2015 3

Alien: Resurrection is one kooky, uneven, weird-as-fuck film.

And I love it for that.

Instead of going anywhere near the tone of the films that preceded it, Alien: Resurrection's main goal seems to be providing a good time and it does that for me whenever I watch it.

Needs way more Brad Dourif, though.

• Wooderson

Watched by Wooderson 14 Nov, 2015 1

Film #16 of the Scavenger Hunt #8
    Task #19 A sequel to a horror film that you watched in Hoop-Tober

It's so poorly written and acted it feels more like a parody of an Alien film than an actual canon entry. Because Joss Whedon is a hack all the characters are underdeveloped weird comic book heroes. Strange film, Jason X did it better.

• Derenzo

★½ Added by Derenzo

If you weren't gonna stop at Aliens, you should probably have definitely stopped at Alien 3

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★½ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this action/science-fiction/dark/fantasy/ horror film title is now on DVD and yes this film title does have a profit margin of roughly $100 million [this figure may be completely wrong but in my defense the budget figure wasn't exactly nailed down so I took one figure and ran with it.] The basic storyline is this [it is going to be incredibly brief] but the audience at the beginning of this title gets taken into this Space Station, where…

• Joel Clark

★★ Rewatched by Joel Clark 03 Nov, 2015

• CartoonSA

★★ Watched by CartoonSA 03 Nov, 2015

While miles ahead of Alien3 even the unlikely pairing of Joss Weedon and Jean-Pierre Jeunet couldn't make this one shine. Sigourney Weaver was pretty damn good in a roll that allowed her plenty of scope but this made Ryder look much more lacklustre in a role that had much clearer boundaries.

• Milo

★½ Watched by Milo 30 Oct, 2015 2

Hoop-Tober 2015! (28/31): letterboxd.com/milo123/list/hoop-tober-2015-a-discovery-of-the-horror/

Alien: Resurrection is the fourth and final instalment in the Alien quadrilogy and ultimately its weakest, making sure that the franchise goes out with a whimper rather than a bang. The first two movies were classics but it's clear despite the efforts of David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who directed this movie, there was no way they were ever going to be able to hold up. Sure, it probably would have been a passable sci-fi movie…

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 28 Oct, 2015

There are few things I don't love about Alien: Resurrection. And they mostly have to do with decisions that characters make in two instances (can't say what they are without spoilers). Almost everything else - the look of the film, Ripley's transformation - is awesome. We've never had a bad Ellen Ripley film, so it's easy to get spoiled and complain about the abundance of riches we've got. Alien: Resurrection is a daring film that takes big creative chances…

• Danielle McCallion

Rewatched by Danielle McCallion 24 Oct, 2015

This is why we can't have nice things.

• TheGreatFaggles

★★★★ Added by TheGreatFaggles

This is my second favorite in the series after Aliens. Although it lacks the same feel as its predecessors it has a tongue in cheek feel to it that just makes it that much more enjoyable. It's a classic 90s action flick.

• Eric Eghigian

★★ Added by Eric Eghigian

Even the first shot of this movie sucks. It starts with an extreme close-up what they try and fake us into believing is a Xenomorph but it's actually a bug. Unfortunately, the fake-out doesn't even work because you're so distracted by how unacceptably terrible the CGI is. It looks like a company logo from a PS1 game. And even after that wonderment we get a thrilling title-card placed over that same bug splatting on a windshield because...I have no idea.…