• Roman Colombo

★★★ Watched by Roman Colombo 14 Jul, 2014

So bad it's actually fun. Just ridiculous from beginning to end, most of the things the characters do hardly make sense. It's just delightfully cheesy...and so many Whedonisms, it's hard to keep track of. It's almost a parody of the Alien franchise. Thank god it didn't take itself as seriously as Alien3.

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 13 Jul, 2014

I Like 1997's Alien: Resurrection, I Like It Because 1979's Alien Is One Of My Favorite Films.

• A.J. Breslin

Added by A.J. Breslin

The star is for the visuals.

• Chris

★★½ Rewatched by Chris 24 Jun, 2014

You just don't need this much comedy in an Alien film.
    I admire their choice of director and their choice of screenwriter but the humour just doesn't work. If they'd approached the whole film the same way they tackled the underwater sequence it would be a different story on how this film is viewed.

• Garrett Irwin

★★½ Added by Garrett Irwin

As surely as slime-encrusted pods and chest-popping aliens, the Alien series has regularly allowed directors on the cusp of Hollywood acceptance to assume it's directing chores. First it was Ridley Scott, then James Cameron and David Fincher followed suit. Whose turn was it now? Step forward, French arthouse hero Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Best known for his work with co-director Marc Caro, Jeunet had sole credit here, with Caro only on board as design supervisor. The film, however, greatly resembles their work…

• Simon Jay

★★ Rewatched by Simon Jay 27 Jun, 2014 1

Rounding off the Alien Quadrilogy box-set, a film that is often seen as the weakest in the canon, which certainly can't be argued against; it has a higher rating on rotten tomatoes than Alien3, (by a good 10%) and also has some of the oddest sequences in a mainstream sci-fi/horror action thriller ever.

I originally gave this film 1 star, but have given it another because I wanted to judge it on its own merits - the poor reviews and…

• Griffin Laking

★★★ Watched by Griffin Laking 11 May, 2014

It looks like a Jeunet film and is scripted like a Joss Whedon film, which is exactly what it is. When it starts off its pretty much Firefly and then it turns into an early Whedon attempt at creating the ultimate nerdgasm with the aliens doing everything you could possibly think of and stretching the canon to the absolute limit. Pretty much just an Alien fanfiction come to life. It's fun and trashy and minus the fact that it feels like way too much was cut out, its a good time.

• Aaron King

★★★ Rewatched by Aaron King 22 Jun, 2014

Some people really hate this film and think it is utter garbage. I don't hate it but know that this film is by far the worst one out of the four. I think one of the biggest problem is the director because he has a very distinct style to his films and that style doesn't work nearly as well as the other directors. I've read that Joss had written a fairly funny script and then when they made it, the…

• Christina

★★½ Rewatched by Christina 09 Jun, 2014

Watched both the original and the special edition. The special edition merely changes the opening credits and I found it rather pointless. I am a bit creeped out by Ripley in this one as she straddles the line between a loving mother figure and a destroyer. The altered aliens were not my favorite. It is an okay movie but my least favorite of the series.

• Matt Fisher

★★★ Rewatched by Matt Fisher 11 Jun, 2014

That shit was bananas!

Much of this movie's heart is in the right place. The franchise devoted a great deal of plot to the idea that the Weyland Corporation was trying to retrieve a Xenomorph and a movie dealing with the consequences of just that was a smart move (except claiming that Weyland was bought out by Wall-mart was totally unnecessary) and resurrecting Ripley via cloning technology was a perfect way to keep the series going without succumbing to trite…

• absolalone111

★½ Added by absolalone111

nah

• Lobezno Estepario

★★ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 29 Jul, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.