• Trevor May

★★ Rewatched by Trevor May 15 Dec, 2014

Re-watched this and realised that it's even more flawed than I remembered.

• Mark

Watched by Mark 14 Dec, 2014 1

This is unbelievably bad. I don't even understand how we got here. Watching these all within close proximity to each other makes this film seem impossible. I thought Aliens was a massive drop off from the first film, and I thought Alien3 was boring and generally kind of terrible, but I could understand how both came to be made, why the filmmakers would choose to take the series in the directions they did.

But this...I don't understand how *anyone* would…

• Liliana Medina

★½ Watched by Liliana Medina 13 Dec, 2014

There's a Portuguese word that describes this movie to a T: "palerma". This word also sums up everything Joss Whedon ever wrote or directed.

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Purwitsky 28 Sep, 2009

78/100

• onemarathon

★★½ Rewatched by onemarathon 30 Nov, 2014 2

For some strange reason, I had convinced myself that I liked this fourth installment in the Alien series. But upon a re-watch today, years after last viewing the movie, I came to the conclusion that, no, I don't much like Alien: Resurrection.

Director Jeunet, who was masterful with films like Amelie, The City of Lost Children, and Delicatessen, really flubs this sequel. Writer Whedan must also take blame. The dialogue and story are pretty awful. There is no mood established…

• Dion Wyn Hughes

★★★½ Rewatched by Dion Wyn Hughes 30 Nov, 2014 2

This is a real popcorn movie. It does give a great discredit to Joss Whedon, and I would of loved to have seen that version. But the whole concept of a hybrid human/xenomorph was just awesome. The fact that Winona Ryder is in the movie makes me happy. Plus Sigourney Weaver was just a bad ass in this film, proving how well Whedon can create strong female characters.

• KMOKLER

Added by KMOKLER

I could tell Sigourney Weaver was trying but the rest of the movie didnt do anything for me ANYTHING!.

• Sean Summ

★★ Rewatched by Sean Summ 30 Nov, 2014 3

"Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?" - Ripley/the entire crew that worked on this film

"Kill.....me....." - Ripley v7/the Alien franchise

I was looking forward to this one because I remembered it being a fun time barr it's flaws. I just didn't remember how heavy those flaws were and how much they'd effect my fun.

Alien3 was basically held together by the fact that we're rooting for Ripley. Here, her 'resurrected' character is butchered so…

• Stefan

★★★★ Rewatched by Stefan 25 Nov, 2014

Rewatched ALIEN RESURRECTION for the first time in over a decade, and I have to say, it might be one of my favorite bad movies, and it's slimey, grimey 90s-ness has made it feel surprisingly fresh in the sea of sell-out CG we live in now. Knowing this time round that the director made AMELIE soon after made me really appreciate the visual style and frenetic energy. Take the legacy out of the equation, and you are left with a beautiful bastard. That only makes my love for the ALIEN saga as a whole grow three sizes today.

• Ben Lott

Rewatched by Ben Lott 12 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Joey

★★½ Added by Joey

Not a great movie, but a fun, elseworldsy, Metal Hurlant adventure in the Alien universe. Also, Joss Whedon's prototype for Firefly.

• Garin W

★★★ Added by Garin W

better than the third movie but not great.