• Jeffrey Flam

★★ Rewatched by Jeffrey Flam 24 Apr, 2014

This movie is amazing. There is not one thing that works in the entire movie.

• ednamode

★★★ Added by ednamode

I was ten years old when I saw this movie, and I really didn't know what I saw, but I actually enjoyed it.

I've been a fan for the longest of Alien, even with the horribly third movie, which should have been scrapped. I honestly didn't know what I was watching with that one. I was so disappointed in that, but anyways, moving on and sticking to this one.

It's been five years in between before giving us THE END…

• Graham J

★★½ Rewatched by Graham J 21 Apr, 2014 4

....and it's all over.

We're a long way away from Ridley Scott's Alien (about 257 years or so) but with Fincher's empty Alien 3 diverting the franchise into existential gothic horror, at least Alien: Resurrection tries to have some fun.

It looks like an early outline for writer Joss Whedons own Firefly series, with a story in which he pits a roguish band of space pirates against our favourite face-fucking xenomorphs.

It's a little daft (Dan Hedaya stand up) and…

• Barnaby Walter

★★★★ Rewatched by Barnaby Walter 19 Apr, 2014

A touch of weirdness (well, more weird than usual) keeps this fourth instalment feeling fresh and exciting, even if the subtle power of the original has almost entirely vanished.

A note on the viewing: Viewed in High Definition at 2K resolution. Fox's Blu-ray presentation is very grainy at times, though I suspect this is intentional and true to the source, and offers frequently sumptuous images.

• Metin Seven

★★★ Added by Metin Seven

I found this Alien movie the least interesting of all parts, but I feel obliged to mention that I really like the French movies Jeunet created together with Caro, like Delicatessen and City of the Lost Children.

• Thief12

★★ Rewatched by Thief12 16 Aug, 2009

Anyway, to finish up my viewing of the Alien Quadrilogy, me and my wife sat down to see Alien Resurrection, which I still had fresh in my mind. Anyway, my opinion stays basically the same. It is a competently made film when taken as a stand-alone film, with some interesting directing by Jean Pierre Jeunet, and some pretty good scenes. But when compared to the previous installments, the film feels too cartoonish and separated from them; as if it were a whole new series with a whole new essence. Characters are simple caricatures and everything just plays like a game.

(review written in 2009)

• Ross Whyte

★★ Watched by Ross Whyte 18 Apr, 2014

So there's a clone and aliens except the aliens don't do much until at the end there's another alien and it still really doesn't cause all that much trouble.

Oh, remember when Ripley has new powers but doesn't use them? That bit was great.

• Stephen

★★ Rewatched by Stephen 18 Apr, 2014

There are a handful of moments that suggest there's a decent film lurking somewhere in here but, unlike the aliens themselves, it never bursts out.

• Erik Stolpmann

★★½ Watched by Erik Stolpmann 16 Apr, 2014

Ripley's got that Xenomorph blood to take control of this franchise and resurrect it. But nope, this is where the Alien series goes bye-bye into the bowels of space! It's funny because this film is not even that bad, but it just cares too much for Ripley as a clone and lame CGI that it feels so over-the-top. Had Alien: Resurrection given me more Ron Perlman face time and Xenomorph action, then I would have felt that the film would…

• cineedo
  • Geoff T

★★★½ Added by Geoff T 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• dellamore

★★ Watched by dellamore 13 Apr, 2014

I have no idea what went wrong. Alien 3 at least ended the franchise with death of Ripley, I thought and hoped back then. But the milking continued with this grotesque... ''something''.
    I haven't seen this until today, looks like it would be better decision to not spend almost 2 hours of my life for this.
    It actually could be a an average blockbuster if it wasn't an Alien film, but what we got is this absolutely bizarre film... In…