• King Kongo

★★ Watched by King Kongo 05 Feb, 2016

Alien Part 1 is a really good movie. Alien 4 not.

• Zodokai

★★ Rewatched by Zodokai 04 Feb, 2016

"Now I can't even remember her name."

The completely unnecessary sequel. Alien3 clearly should have been the end of the franchise. It was set up as such and should have remained so. The only positive thing about this film is that it makes its predecessor seem a little bit better than it actually was. I guess maybe I'm being a bit harsh on this one. It probably would have been a mediocre sci-fi film if it was released on its…

• Christian Alec

★★½ Watched by Christian Alec 30 Jan, 2016

I skipped 3 so sue me. This is basically Alien except with more CGI, more Aliens on the ship and two badass female leads except just 1.

• Fish

★★ Watched by Fish 24 Jan, 2016

Andrea actually stopped me from putting 'Alien: Resurrection' on, after we had viewed my most recently five starred review, because she didn't want my good mood to be spoilt. All this did, was inspired me to watch the film, I should have listened to her.

Alien: Resurrection isn't exactly a bad film, but it is such a badly thought out, convoluted mess, that is is extremely hard to take away the good points. The direction wasn't all terrible. the acting…

• Neichelle Loh

★★½ Watched by Neichelle Loh 24 Jan, 2016

the alien child thing was kind of cute

• stephendanay

★★★ Rewatched by stephendanay 24 Jan, 2016

Not terrible given that it's the worst in the series. I will never by Winona Ryder as being tough, even when the toughness is supposed to be fake.

• Israel H

★★½ Watched by Israel H 24 Jan, 2016

This movie is the definition of a mixed bag.
    For the first half or so I was thinking, "I don't quite understand the hate this one gets. Sure, it's not as good as the first two, but it's pretty much on par with 3, and actually has some interesting stuff going on."
    But then things take a huge downhill turn and it becomes an absolute mess.
    I actually liked the space pirate characters, as they had a little more personality…

• Aaron King

★★★ Rewatched by Aaron King 23 Jan, 2016

I always feel that this film has something in it but the great idea about cloning and is this Ripley really the same Ripley from the other series but instead we get a weird movie about a clone her being a mother of an alien hybrid that has great actors who would go on to be tv legends. The dialogue is a tad clunky at times and I always wonder if the script was better but got lost on the…

• Ty

★★ Rewatched by Ty 22 Jan, 2016

God, what a mess. It gets a half star for Sigourney's performance, which ALMOST makes it feel like a good movie.

• Owen Greenwell

★★★ Watched by Owen Greenwell 26 Feb, 2012

Not as bad as I remembered but pretty silly all the same. Cool swimming aliens.

• Caz54