• Danny Dunne

★★★ Watched by Danny Dunne 26 Feb, 2015

Special Edition.

• Jordan Mackay

★½ Watched by Jordan Mackay 27 Feb, 2015

So I recently bought the beautifully packaged Alien Anthology BluRay set with the intention of rewatching the first two, and checking out parts 3and 4 for the first time. Then Blomkamp announces that Alien 3 and Ressurection are to be completely disregarded and never happened, so that was a waste of fucking money,

While Alien 3 isn't a great film, I'm still kind of disappointed that it's no longer canon. I liked a few elements and it feels like a…

• James Kinsella

★★★ Watched by James Kinsella 26 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Fuck these Aliens man!

Never going to be better than it's preceding films, but still enjoys a good enough story with a top body count list.

After decades since Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) died she is brought back to life via cloning by mad man Brad Dourif and his gang. Ripley is carrying an Alien Queen which the doctors want to bring back to Earth. Eventually it turns into a stand off between a surviving group of 6 scoundrels (Led…

• kempol

★★★★ Watched by kempol 26 Feb, 2015

8/10

• Robert Armitage

★★★½ Rewatched by Robert Armitage 23 Feb, 2015

Fluffy. It's a weird side trip in the alien universe. A much needed lightening of the mood after the fun-leeching fugue that is Fincher's Alien3.

• Dan Mullen

★★★★ Watched by Dan Mullen 21 Feb, 2015

Really surprised by how much I enjoyed this. If you can get past the whole "this didn't even need to be made" argument and take it on its own merits, i found it thoroughly entertaining and quite intelligent and complex. Alien was outer space horror, Aliens was space action war movie, Alien 3 was prison drama horror, and Resurrection is mad scientist experiment gone wrong horror. So by that token, it's a unique and deserving entry into the canon.

And,…

• Alastair Hendry

★★★ Rewatched by Alastair Hendry 21 Feb, 2015

This film is often cited as the worst in the franchise. I honestly can't agree with this centiment. Having seen this a couple of times I feel this is a film with some interesting ideas but fails to really capitlise on them fully.

Firstly, the aliens. Their depiction in this film is miles ahead of the Alien 3. Practical closeups that look suitably repulsive and CGI that is noticibly better than before. The hybrid alien design was controversial although I…

• Sarah-Jane Haywood

★★ Rewatched by Sarah-Jane Haywood 06 Feb, 2015

There are ony a few good things about this.

1 - It's written by Joss Whedon
    2 - Ron Perlman, Leland Orser and Brad Dourif are all underrated (in general)
    3 - The CGI still looks half decent

Interesting continuation of the Alien Saga, but it's the worst of the original 4.

• Simon

★½ Watched by Simon 21 Feb, 2015

Utter garbage. Bonus half star for amusing gore.

• John Dougherty

Rewatched by John Dougherty 21 Feb, 2015

My wife: "This film is not good. It's all action. There's no story, no suspense. The opposite of the first one!" So there you have it.

• Steve Sandberg

★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Sandberg 16 Feb, 2015

Oh dear, I really forgot how slimy, gross, and weird this movie is, and I really like it. It may be the stupidest of the main franchise, but it's never boring. And it's so visually interesting, beyond the visceral nastiness and the horrific xenomorph/human hybrids, scenes like the one set in a spaceship corridor lit with candles have a surreal quality that adds a dreamlike vibe to the whole thing.

• Brock Rizy

★★★ Rewatched by Brock Rizy 14 Feb, 2015

I'd give 5 stars to the cinematography and practical effects.