• COBRARocky

★★ Watched by COBRARocky 31 Jul, 2015

Why couldnt this whole movie just have been Brad Dourif making faces at the alien?

• Erix Antoine

★★★ Rewatched by Erix Antoine 27 Jul, 2015

If nothing else, Jean-Pierre Jeunet's flamboyant fourth entry in the cycle cements the Alien series as one of the more interesting ones out there. Four singular films from four separate visionary filmmakers, each bringing their own personality to the table in unique ways.

Another plus is that the film is definitely entertaining. Certainly more so than the third entry, if only because it at least injects a refreshing sense of play into the proceedings. Maybe it wasn't a conscious decision…

• Matthias Lang

★★★ Rewatched by Matthias Lang 16 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Number 8 saves the Movie.

• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★★ Added by Michael Schutz-Ryan

This one's close to a complete disaster, too. But the humanization of the final monster is genius. And some of the alien antics are quite clever.

• Riano

★★★★ Added by Riano

It's great and entertaining, but it's my least favorite film in the ALien franchise

• Riano

★★★★ Rewatched by Riano 21 Jul, 2015

It's great and entertaining, but its also my least favorite film in the Alien franchise

• CharlieMcCrary

★½ Rewatched by CharlieMcCrary 16 Jul, 2015

I don't think there was a single likable character in this movie. The action just seemed over the top and goofy for a lack of a better word. Also I felt like the aliens were an afterthought for most of the movie. Oh well at least I got a good laugh out of it.

• the_narrator

★★★★ Rewatched by the_narrator 13 Jul, 2015 2

You read that star rating right, motherfuckers.

I feel like a YouTube commenter wishing for the good old days when movies like Alien Resurrection were getting made, but seriously, how many big-budget tentpole movies are getting made now (or, let's be honest with ourselves, then) where the thumbprints of at least three separate authors are visible in addition to the studio-demanded stuff? You've got Jean-Pierre Jeunet combining oddball, arty directorial choices (like a shot that takes the POV of Winona…

• OldLee

★★★★★ Watched by OldLee 10 Jul, 2015

it feels good to be overwhelmed

• Maggie Parker

Watched by Maggie Parker 22 May, 2015

This movie was the worst. All that poor alien wanted was his momma

• zaws

★★★½ Rewatched by zaws 12 Jul, 2015

Jeunet Bien, Whedon Mal.

• Keith

★★★ Rewatched by Keith 12 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The final film in the Alien Anthology that I didn't get to finish last night. This time we get Jeunet explaining that the 2003 Special Edition is not the director's cut. The theatrical version is his director's cut. He feels that the special edition will help to flesh certain things out, but also that he got it right first time. Refreshing to see a director stick with what he did first time and also not slate a special edition.

If…