• Rick DeSantis

★★ Rewatched by Rick DeSantis 31 Oct, 2014

Watched the special edition. A weak 4th attempt that had little to do with the previous 3 movies. Still enjoyable as an action/sci-fi flick, but I have high expectations in this franchise and it didn't meet them. EFX were still top notch and extremely juicy. I really enjoyed the underwater scenes with the aliens. I did not enjoy the ending and for some reason I actually felt bad for the baby alien dying at the end and I really should not have.

• JM

Watched by JM 28 Oct, 2014 4

Ripley pega taaaaaanto como "chica Whedon". Y esa tripulación de contrabandistas espaciales protoFirefly que se marca el colega... Yo que sé. A mí me ha gustado.

• simonmeisinger

★★ Rewatched by simonmeisinger 28 Oct, 2014

I felt constantly reminded of those awful Joel Schumacher Batman movies.

• Thom D.J.

★★ Rewatched by Thom D.J. 27 Oct, 2014

If I'm not mistaken, the tagline for this movie in several countries, is

"Meh!"

• MrCritic

★★★ Added by MrCritic

Did you know Joss Whedon was involved with this movie? Yea, the guy who brought us Avengers and Buffy the Vampire Slayer brought us an Alien movie. I think he may have been the writer, but I'm not sure. Any way, How does Alien: Resurrection hold up? Pretty well in my opinion. It's not as scary as the first two, but it does fix things from Alien 3 that needed to be fixed. For example, there's more than one alien…

• Bill Cornelius

Watched by Bill Cornelius 26 Aug, 2014

Yes, the one "Alien" film I had never seen. Visually, it's great. Other than that, what everyone says is true. It really sucks.

• Craig Dawson

★★★★ Watched by Craig Dawson 14 Oct, 2014

200 years after her death, Ellen Ripley is revived as a powerful human/Alien hybrid clone who must continue her war against the Aliens.

First time watch of this, the fourth instalment in the franchise and maybe because it has a terrible reputation but I actually really enjoyed this. Fair enough, it's not an Alien film in terms of tone and the fact that Ripley's character has completely changed, but unlike John McClane she is still interesting. I watched this film…

• Paul Davey

★★★ Rewatched by Paul Davey 19 Oct, 2014 1

It's bad, but not as dreadful as I remembered. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that this is the first time I've watched the "Special Edition" from 2003. While there are some terribly poor choices, and Joss Whedon's script is pretty stupid, I rather enjoyed this viewing. It's at least on a par with Alien 3.

• Eric_S

★★½ Added by Eric_S

The first genuinely disappointing entry in this series has a lot of good ideas, but suffers from an uneasy blend of sci-fi, horror, and comedy, the film rarely balancing the different tones as well as it could have. The constant fish-eye lens camerawork is fairly grating. Winona Ryder also shows up as the co-lead, delivering what has got to be the single worst performance in this series and maybe the worst performance of her career.

On the plus side, the…

• Gyurex

★★ Watched by Gyurex 17 Oct, 2014

Lett volna potenciál az alapötletben, de a megvalósítás totális béna és felesleges lett ilyen módon. Ripley végig mosolyogja az egész filmet, mint ha nem lenne probléma, a CGI szörnyek és egyéb effektek soha nem voltak ilyen bénák és a mellékszereplők többsége ZS kategóriás alakítást hoz (a szőrös vállú Tábornok kifejezetten béna). Szükség lett volna a történet továbbmesélésére, de nem így.

• miriam

★★ Rewatched by miriam 11 Oct, 2014

de las 4 la peor sin duda se nota que esta dirigida por un frances...que idas de olla!!!

• Luke

★½ Rewatched by Luke 12 Oct, 2014

"Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?"

"I can get you off. Maybe not the boat."

So the last time i watched this movie i thought it was quite good. I don't know what i was thinking. This film was completely awful.

After the amazing conclusion to Alien 3, we are forced to watch as a new group of scientists clone our favourite hero Ripley and try to breed and study the Alien species. So Ripley's…