• Rod Taylor

★★★½ Rewatched by Rod Taylor 28 Apr, 2016

The black sheep of the Alien family. There's some really hokey dialog here, especially from Ripley, but I love the Euro surrealism it has going on, not to mention some very gooey, violent alien action. It's a little bit twisted and weird but I've always liked this installment.

• Melody

★★★★ Rewatched by Melody 27 Apr, 2016

"If those things get loose, it's gonna make the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!"

First off, that line and the random "trying to drink with boxing gloves" bit has me wanting to watch every Winona Ryder movie again as soon as possible. Like I said in my Alien 3 review, I just love what they did with these movies and I wish there were more (I know, finally we're getting another one, but it's 20 years, imagine…

• Eastwood Allen

★★★★ Added by Eastwood Allen

Compared to Alien 3 this looks like the Godfather. Compared to Aliens this is like the Grease sequel.
    As a standalone it's perfectly ok, adequate, fun, fine. It was always going to suffer by the inevitable comparison of the first two movies.
    The third best in the series, with Alien and Aliens being several leagues above the others. Good effort Joss Whedon, who managed to offer something different to the saga.

• Matt Reifschneider

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Reifschneider 26 Apr, 2016

Alien Day 426 Marathon

While Alien Resurrection is something of an odd duck, particularly when compared to the rest of the franchise, it's still a lot of fun and very quirky and uses its odd elements to be very memorable - for better or worse depending on your taste.

• FilmFreek25

★★★ Watched by FilmFreek25 26 Apr, 2016 1

Quickie Review: #AlienDay426 Edition Part 4 of 5
    The first major American film from acclaimed French filmmaker Jean-Pierre Jeunot ("Delicatessen", "Amélié"), the 4th installment of the "Alien" series tries to redeem themselves after "Alien3" by trying too hard to be like "Alien" & "Aliens" and fails most of the time. However, the underwater sequence and Ron Perlman's scene-stealing turn as Johner are ultimately the saving graces of what is a mangled, CG-soaked mess.

• David Darling

★★★ Rewatched by David Darling 26 Apr, 2016

Special/Extended edition

• Craig Hamilton

★★ Rewatched by Craig Hamilton 24 Apr, 2016

Watched the 'Special Edition' version of the film.

• mark1strelok

★★½ Watched by mark1strelok 24 Apr, 2016

This film reminds me of Planet of the Apes where they blew up the Earth in the second movie but still made three unnecessary sequels. One would think that over 200 years after Alien 3 the scientists would have grown smarter, but they and the military behave just as stupidly as ever except for the 8 or so essential characters. Still worthwhile for the clone scene and the final xenomorph.

• Jack Gattanella

★★★½ Watched by Jack Gattanella 11 Aug, 2009

One wouldn't think of pairing Jean-Pierre Jeunet, a half of the directing team responsible (in the 90's) for the very good Delicatessen and visual masterwork City of Lost Children, and Joss Whedon, a comedy writer fresh off an Oscar nomination for Toy Story (yes, there was a time) and just about to start Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But here they are, taking the franchise that started with Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) into another direction.

It's one that's promising, and in a…

• Gabe Rodriguez

★½ Added by Gabe Rodriguez

I saw this one when it came out and it was the only one of the series I never watched a second time. My opinion is pretty much what I remembered: it's better than the third movie and tells a more cohesive story with a clear vision behind it, but still comes off feeling lightweight and full of flaws.

I always would say that I only considered the four Ripley-centric movies to officially be part of the series, but after…

• bluilluminati

Watched by bluilluminati 19 Apr, 2016

Holy shit this is bad. Horrible acting, horrible story, and just horrible everything. The one good thing I can think of that was good was the look of the Aliens, then big white daddy came up, and that was a big no-no. F for Fuck this movie. Would still watch it again just to laugh at it though.

• Barry S

★★★ Added by Barry S

Almost certainly more fun as a Jeunet film than an Alien film, particularly with Dominique Pinon and Ron Perlman onboard.