• Josh Kirkland

★★★★★ Added by Josh Kirkland

A bleak masterpiece of postmodern horror, Ridley Scott's Alien presents a grimy, worn future populated by realistic people who fall prey to the best-designed monster in the history of cinema.

• DC Hopkins

★★★★½ Added by DC Hopkins

Quite possibly the greatest sci-fi horror film of all time. Often imitated, never replicated.

• mattcowan

★★★★★ Added by mattcowan

Even not being a big sci-fi fan, I can't help but rate this movie so highly: Tony Scott did such an amazing job directing Dan O'Bannon's story, with a superb cast and H.R. Giger's art direction, you end up with a super tense, super claustrophobic, stuff of nightmares!

• 3son

★★★★ Added by 3son

Even though I’ve seen this too many times, this one still creep me out...it's a classic for a reason. Never has space been quite so...intimidating.

• OpticPotato

★★★★★ Rewatched by OpticPotato 10 Feb, 2016

A thrilling, claustroohobic SciFi-Horror-Thriller.

The first Alien movie still remains one of the best movies out there, with so much detail put into every scene. From set design, to cinematography, direction to foreshadowing, this movie has it all.

If you need a thrilling ride on a spaceship, take the Nostromo.

• Scott Bailey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Bailey 08 Feb, 2016

Alien in my opinion is Ridley Scott's best film to date for me, everything about it is loaded with so much tension and atmosphere and it still scares the crap out of me. Every time I watch it I can feel hairs standing on end every time I see it, without fail!

I just love how creative the designs are for the Alien life cycle are and the eventual look for the Xenomorph. It was just terrifying watching it hunt…

• Ronin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ronin 07 Feb, 2016

"When I get back I'm going to eat a decent meal."...........

..........And then alien happened.

• kylegarvey

★★★½ Added by kylegarvey

If something's like a Sigourn -- in that in later life it been working through some HOLES, VILLAGE, AVATAR, CHAPPIE bumps along the way -- you can use the adjective "Sigourney" to describe it. Precisely! Candor is the least of a few problems, though my personal tastes would push me more toward hitching my wagon to Woody Allen's problematic-at-least real experiments than the Alien franchise's very good sci-fi scum plunge. But to each his own. Spoiler alert: I like Holm…

• Matt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt 06 Feb, 2016

Perfection (including Sigourney Weaver)

• Patrick Dunham

★★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick Dunham 06 Feb, 2016

Hands-down the best set-design and environment of any film within the lexicon of sci-fi cinema classics. The spaceship’s many environments are so varied and creative that at times they resemble other planets. The film's tension is cutthroat and expands on itself continually throughout the film, especially from the eerie beginning in the deep-sleep chamber. I can’t give this film any original laudation as it has all been said before, but this is a perfect movie.

• Movie Rat Ian

★★★★ Rewatched by Movie Rat Ian 07 Feb, 2016

Upon rewatch, I'm like 89% sure the cat and the alien were in cahoots.

• Brendan Michaels

★★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Michaels 06 Aug, 2015

Forgot to log this. Lol. Anyway its real good. H.R. Gieger is king but it drags at sone points for me. Everything else is amazing.