• John_Drew

★★★★★ Rewatched by John_Drew 24 Apr, 2015

Sold out theatre. What better way to indicate that a film still holds up?

• LunaVannier

★★★★ Added by LunaVannier

Classic horror, it's claustrophobic cinematography complements the eery atmosphere, unforgiving anxiety. It is a must see for those who like horror, and for those who like the art of cinema as a whole, there is much to be learned from it's techniques and art direction.

• Lobezno Estepario

★★★★½ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 23 Apr, 2015

"For all intents and purposes, I felt that the original cut of Alien was perfect. I still feel that way" ―Ridley Scott

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Blu-Ray

• naomi

★★★½ Watched by naomi 21 Apr, 2015

Alien was everything I wanted and reaffirmed my faith in the genre; an interesting set design- gloomy and dark and futuristic and bright; surprisingly realistic characters, who some of which although I would have liked to explore further, were unmistakably human and reacted to their impossible situation as such. I think it’s really important to keep that connection even in science fiction. The hysteria that they felt and endured was conveyed really skillfully and I was really impressed.
    I’d read…

• Adrienne

★★★★★ Rewatched by Adrienne 20 Apr, 2015

I love this movie more and more with every viewing. I'm still uncertain as to how there are people out there who think the sequel is better than this absolutely perfect horror/sci-fi film. It's movies like this that make me question any sort of mainstream awards show, and the reason is this: why aren't movies like this taken seriously and into consideration? I'm so tired of them not. There are far too many good ones to overlook simply because they fall into genres that are apparently below that of "Drama".
    Anyways I really like Alien and I wish Sigourney Weaver would kick my ass.

• Daniel Lackey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Lackey 19 Apr, 2015

I've watched this movie about two dozen times since I discovered it about thirty years ago, and every time I watch it, I'm struck by two things.

First thing: the chestburster scene will never fail to make my teeth shake in their sockets until the day I die.

Second thing: in the Alien, H.R. Giger managed to create something that is scary because of its obvious sexuality and the essential wrongness of same. It's both phallic and vaginal, and yet…

• Gerardo Novelo

★★★★½ Watched by Gerardo Novelo 18 Apr, 2015

Frightening atmosphere. One of the most recognizable movie monsters. Amazing visuals and lightning. Effects still hold up.

• Sara Williams

Watched by Sara Williams 09 Apr, 2015

Film #11 of the "Scavenger Hunt" Challenge!

Scott was able to portray fear in such a poignant manner, creating an overall scary atmosphere - both with aid of visuals and sound effects. Its a very suspensful film, overall it left me desperate to know how everything would turn out. However, I didn't enjoy it half as much as I expected, maybe because I had such high expectations but, I do admit it is a clever, well crafted piece of science fiction that stands on horror and fear and the unknown and one that unrravels cleverly as the film moves on.

• Rick Vance

Watched by Rick Vance 17 Apr, 2015

Not a Science Fiction film with horror elements or a horror film with science fiction ones. This is the one that walks right down the middle and is complete it is 100% both genres at the same time and all of the time.

The movie is the same as the definition given to the Alien within the film. "You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility."

Nothing wasted.

• Jordan Alford

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan Alford 18 Apr, 2015

Sir Ridley Scott delivers an incredible sci-fi horror film for the ages that makes it's mark with it's beautiful direction and cinematography. It creates an atmosphere of horror and panic so well that you just can't help but be sucked in by the world that Scott has created. Also the cast is beyond great lead by a powerhouse performance by Sigourney Weaver, John Hurt and other's

• Sean Kelly