• Joe Ibañez

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Ibañez 02 Aug, 2015

I just finished Alien: Isolation so I decided to watch this again as a reminder of why I put myself through that.

• Adam Piggott

★★★★½ Watched by Adam Piggott 02 Aug, 2015

After years of refusing to watch this partly because of a traumatic experience at Disneyland when my dad took me on their "ride" based on this movie (seriously, Dad, what the hell, I was psychologically scarred), and partly because I'm a wimp anyway, I finally got round to this.

It's very good. I read an article recently bemoaning the amount of "wise-cracking" heroes in films (forget where that was, otherwise I'd reference it by name). Ripley's terror in this film…

• Kevin Falk

★★★★★ Watched by Kevin Falk 01 Aug, 2015

Why have I never seen the 1979 Science Fiction Thriller Classic Alien I don't know? I just never got around to it but I figured I need to cover at least one more franchise for classic movies (it was either this or Indiana Jones which I'll cover next year) So I decided to cover The Alien series.

Mostly because Prometheus 2 will be coming out 2016 and plus I wanted to finally watch these movies.

After finally seeing Alien obviously…

• Jared

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jared 02 Aug, 2015

First time on the big screen. Amazing as usual.

• Colin

★★★★★ Added by Colin

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This is my favorite movie of all time. The cast in this film was flawless. The color schemes and camera angles were perfect. This film really conveys the feeling of claustrophobia. Viewers will feel uncomfortable in a good way. This movie really has a beautiful dark feel to it. Last I want to point out that the props and designs of everything were amazing. The concept of the Alien is fantastic. H.R. Giger's design killed it. There is no monster…

• Kleiny

★★★★ Added by Kleiny

This stands out as a truly great film that happens to be made by Ridley Scott. I don't know if you remember the 80's, but you can imagine we were all pretty excited when a Ridley Scott film was about to emerge. For the first half of the 80's that was true. From then on it has been a bumpy ride...

• skrot

★★★★★ Added by skrot

Probably the best movie of all time.

• Hazwold

★★★★★ Added by Hazwold

Simply one of the most legendary films in cinematic history, let alone the last 50 years, Alien perfects suspenseful horror and does so much more with the material given than was necessary, thanks in part to H.R. Giger's brilliantly chilling creature design

• Ed Glendenning

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ed Glendenning 28 Jul, 2015

After playing Alien Isolation, re-watching this for the umpteenth time is a real treat.

• McMac Henry

★★★★★ Added by McMac Henry

fuck aliens, james cameron can suck shit

• Sam Osborne

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sam Osborne 24 Jul, 2015

Alien is one of the classics that doesn't fade with time. Some special effects and CGI have become a little laughable, but Scott's suspenseful masterpiece stands up for itself after almost 40 years.
    I saw Alien for the first time several years ago and have since managed to forget most of the details beyond the stand-out alien-based scenes, which made watching again this time a great experience. It even managed to make me jump on a couple of occasions.

• Rachael

★★★★ Watched by Rachael 26 Jul, 2015

Really loved this.

It's such a minute scene but I really loved when a certain character dies off screen, you hear the scream, then complete silence. You didn't even see the death happen and I don't know why but that was just really awesome to me.