• JamesMG

★★★★★ Rewatched by JamesMG 14 May, 2004

The nightmare of my childhood, this film rocked me to my core. I still fear the silence. The perfect space horror.

• Fred Anderson

★★★★★ Added by Fred Anderson

The first movie I saw in the series was Aliens, on a bootleg vhs actually, the longer cut of James Cameron’s beloved sequel. At the time it was among the best movies I ever seen, but when I later rewatched it I kinda felt more cold towards it. It felt way too noisy and empty. Empty barrels, you know. I feel I’ve been a bit too harsh in my opinions about during my life and I will try to watch…

• Sergi

★★★★★ Added by Sergi

Una de las películas que más he disfrutado en mi vida. Nunca me cansaré de ella.

• Caleb Herring

★★★★★ Rewatched by Caleb Herring 18 Oct, 2014

Beautiful film. Science fiction at its finest.

• Erasmus Craven

★★★★★ Rewatched by Erasmus Craven 19 Oct, 2014

Parte 12 de Hoop-tober

Hay películas para las que no pasa el tiempo. Y Alien es una de ellas. Roza la perfección en casi todos sus elementos: diseño, dirección, efectos especiales, sonido, fotografía e interpretaciones (es imposible no sentir el miedo de Ripley y hacerlo tuyo). Vamos que Alien es una PUTA OBRA MAESTRA.

Y si no la has visto ya tardas.

• Corey Hollis Brown

Costume Design - ★★★★
    Makeup - ★★★★½

• marstersgirl

★★★★★ Added by marstersgirl

Classics are called so for a reason. Still creepy and claustrophobic, you can never not be disturbed by the gut wrenching sound of the chest burster coming out of John Hurt or the uncomfortable horror of Ian Holm shoving the rolled up paper down Sigourney Weaver's throat. Giger's alien is still one of the best cinema monsters every created, simple and deadly and beautifully not over exposed that you feel hairs on the back of your neck stand up wondering if it could be hiding round that corridor, or the vent above. Horror films today should take note, that less is so very very much more!

• Chad Turner

★★★★★ Added by Chad Turner

Holds up every re-watch. Basically a slasher film in space. Really well done room tone and lighting. There's a cat, too.

• Austin Shermer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Shermer 18 Oct, 2014

Film #25 of The Hoop-Tober Challenge

Saw this in theaters last night. It still scares the shit out of me as much as it did the first time I saw it.

• Kristine_A

★★★★ Rewatched by Kristine_A 18 Oct, 2014

Ο τρόμος όσα χρόνια και αν περάσουν θα παραμένει ίδιος.Και ο έρωτας για την Sigourney Weaver.

• Lukas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lukas 18 Oct, 2014

ALIEN

Upfront a phone lights up,
    Pissing off eyes and angering moods,
    moods of black space and icy winds
    and slippery lit corridors that won't end.
    Poor Kane, throat-fucked by horror itself,
    a creature felt in gut and bone and
    slick shining glistening; alien.
    Is your lesson learned?
    Has Kane taught you nothing?
    In egg infested rooms,
    rows and rows of parasitic gloom,
    do not touch anything, Not a thing,
    else black space become your tomb,
    quietly spelling doom for you,
    your friends, and your entire crew.

• Cole Schneider

★★★★★ Watched by Cole Schneider 14 Oct, 2014

Alien is a 5 star sci-fi film, a 5 star horror film, and a 5 star art film rolled into one uniquely effective package. It's quiet, unsettling, and flawless.