• Roberts

★★★★★ Rewatched by Roberts 23 Nov, 2014

Played ALIEN ISOLATION recently and after spending way too much time hiding in lockers, I decided to revisit the first movie. Yup, still a masterpiece.

• alf025237

★★★★★ Added by alf025237

um clássico de ficção científica maravilhoso.

• funsohng

Watched by funsohng 20 Nov, 2014

A quintessential sci-fi horror from the medium's one of the greatest visionary maestros.

• Nick

★★★★½ Added by Nick

The quintessential science fiction film. Perhaps the most important movie to come out of the genre in the last 50 years.

• Chad Anderson

★★★★ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 15 Nov, 2014 2

Not often that you have this one come across Korean TV so I grabbed the chance. I was only able to watch the end with Hyunsook there, but I guess that is the most exciting and engaging part of the film.

My favorite parts are the early parts, the setting of the scene and the creation of this high-technology future world that is still so riven by class divisions and plain grunge work.

It is amazing to remember when this came out and look back at how old it all is by now! I am an old man!

• Gex

★★★½ Rewatched by Gex 17 Nov, 2014 5

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Brett the Wiese

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brett the Wiese 27 Oct, 2014

Spooktober #25
    Oh, ALIEN.
    How is it you age oh-so gracefully compared to every other science fiction film? Metropolis, The Thing from Another World, Scanners, The Blob, all are fine films with timely blemishes that can be used to detract. You are still fresh, still beautiful, still provocative, and still heart-stoppingly bad-ass. With a beautiful, grimy set, some under-appreciated character actors who hadn't hit that big break yet, and smart "less is more" directing style, you are the bar every single horror movie has to stand up against to prove their mettle.
    And they all fall before you.

• Gabriel Martz

★★★★★ Added by Gabriel Martz

I luv it.

• Michael Williams

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Williams 16 Nov, 2014

I find as I get older and become more and more of an old asshole that I am. I respect and enjoy classic films that seemed to me as a younger person, okay or borderline generic, this film was well written and thought up by Dan O'Bannon and another person I cant recall his name and Ridley ties it together with his awesome style of directing, its had sneaked it way over time into one of my most favorite films.…

• Jack McPherson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jack McPherson 15 Nov, 2014

Re-watched as my Partner had never seen it.

After 35 years Ridley Scott's ALien remains one of the top science fiction visions of all time.

The film is a triumph of production design. This is especially clear in the contrast between the industrial mining equipment of the Nostromo and H.R Gieger's sickeningly sexualised alien creature.

I love the way that the journey of the Nostromo is completely de-romanticized to make space just the latest in a long line of shitty…

• James Healey

★★★★ Watched by James Healey 19 Sep, 2014

Really good, if a little overrated

• Niklas Karlsson