• Paul Robinson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Robinson 05 Jul, 2015

Ridley Scott's groundbreaking Sci-Fi Horror "Alien" has set the standard for so many films in the genre. Many have copied the style with success but none have matched it for its brilliance.

From the sprawling empty corridors to the amazing slow and secret introduction of the now iconic Giger designed Xenomorph - this film is hugely detailed and genuine. The cast is perfect and the suspense is thick, with some great scares that never lose their ferocity no matter how…

• Catty_Mills

★★★½ Rewatched by Catty_Mills 30 Jun, 2015

Is it possible to have really liked this film without being impressed? Alien suffers from a sort of tonal issue; there are two main draws of the film—the world of it and the titular alien. Face it, the alien is a pulpy (though brilliant) creation. The world (i.e. the spaceship), while grungy and lived in, is still high tech and put together with rational thought (unlike the organic alien)—so it cannot register as such. The two draws are great individually,…

• Chris Allred

★★★★★ Added by Chris Allred

I went into this movie expecting to be disappointed. I had always heard so much about Alien, even before I even became interested in film. For about 2 hours, my eyes were glued to the screen. What I wasn't expecting was for the film to be so suspenseful; from the very moment that the alien disappeared into the ship, nowhere to be found, up until the end credits, I was on the edge of my seat. My shoulders were tense, and after the film ended my hands were shaking uncontrollably. This was an unbelievably effective horror film, and is among Ridley Scott's best.

• Matt Heckler

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Heckler 04 Jul, 2015

Holds up, as usual. This was the first time I watched the director's cut, and I enjoyed the additional material, especially the scene at the end with Dallas in the sort of hive chamber, but did feel like overall it hurt the pacing a bit. I'll probably stick to the theatrical cut in the future, but it's still a great movie, no matter what form you choose.

• Lucas Marmol

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas Marmol 03 Jul, 2015

The tension is palpable and the pace is incredibly tight. the visuals are top notch thanks to the out of this world blu-ray transfer, just mesmerizing.

• Marie

★★★½ Rewatched by Marie 03 Jul, 2015

This re-watch felt like it was dragging on forever! but it's a classic

• brunocldr

★★★★½ Watched by brunocldr 03 Jul, 2015

"In space, no one can hear you scream"

Alien foge da ambientação dos filmes de terror e suspense dos filmes de terror convencionais e desenrola a sua história no espaço, com um clima bem tenso.

A história se desenrola muito bem, desde a aterrissagem da nave até o seu countdown na reta final do filme. As ''execuções'' do alien também são bem interessantes, pegando um por um, se escondendo , apenas pra aterrorizar cada vez mais os tripulantes da Nostromo.…

• Porkins

Added by Porkins

"The film delves deep into the human psyche and explores primordial fears about the body, birth and sexuality."
    zouchmagazine.com/building-better-worlds-the-production-design-of-alien/

feels real, tangible;
    Sci-fi masterpiece.

• jake340

★★★★ Added by jake340

Suspenseful but the use of the jump scare that ended up being a dumb cat just got old.

• UttiyoS

★★★★½ Added by UttiyoS

Alien- 4.5/5

Not many can imagine what lies beyond our planet earth, and the term ‘alien’ has been referred to many a thing ever since humanity got a scientific structure of its own and Ridley Scott gives a glimpse of what may lie in outer space through his exemplary ‘Alien’ which shows how the lives of six ambitious astronauts change when they wander into unknown territory and a dangerous leech ties onto their ship as Scott has masterfully crafted an…

• eschwa22

★★★★½ Added by eschwa22

9/10: ★★★★★★★★★☆

"Some of the best atmosphere ever conceived on film."