• Warriors

★★★★½ Added by Warriors

Although i never was a fan of science fiction movies, this film made a impression on me that i never forgot!

• Tom McHenry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tom McHenry 25 Oct, 2015

You can watch Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton wheedle and gripe about their shares and come to a kind of cosmic understanding of what's broken about most science fiction movies: none of them feel like a place where you have to go to a shitty job and that shitty job is the future. Thousands of years of human society tells us the next thousands of years of human society probably won't be all that different. Even an alien killing machine won't change it.

• Sam

★★★★★ Watched by Sam 30 Nov, 2015

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

• Ben

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ben 28 Nov, 2015

Perfect sci-fi horror. Nothing more needs to be said.

• Adolfo Vergara

★★★★★ Watched by Adolfo Vergara 29 Nov, 2015

I can't believe how many times this movie was on tv while growing up and never gave it a chance but i loved it, it's so cool how it was made 13 years before i was born

• Станислав Абдулхакимов

★★★★★ Rewatched by Станислав Абдулхакимов 29 Nov, 2015

Абсолютные 5/5.

• crabnoir

★★★ Watched by crabnoir 07 Nov, 2015

Probably worth more than 3 on reputation, but effects very dated, and the crew (Ripley aside) were all too stupid to survive. The comedy of their buffoonery detracted from the tension.

• MattRisnes

★★★★★ Rewatched by MattRisnes 28 Nov, 2015 3

I've probably watched this 20 or more times in my life and I never cease to be blindsided by the Ash robot reveal. It's just so expertly built to and masterfully executed. Ian Holm is so fascinating in this film. His irritation with Ripley so nuanced and human, yet coming from such a calculated and inorganic place.

This movie gets better every time I watch it. Its endless layers of meticulous world building and unparalleled set design are all the…

• Craiggers

★★★★★ Rewatched by Craiggers 27 Nov, 2015

I reached this as part of my Roger Ebert Great Movies challenge. I had forgotten how deliberate the pacing is in this movie. If this movie had been made today by a lesser director, the film would have immediately zoomed forward straight to discovering the alien and then focused on fighting it with guns and gadgets. Ridley Scott lets the atmosphere and mood breathe with a stifling sense of impending doom. Witness the way the crew members can barely see…

• Adam Danoff

★★★★ Watched by Adam Danoff 26 Nov, 2015

Waited way too long to watch this classic.

• parkthesedaze

★★★★★ Added by parkthesedaze

Ridley Scott's best film, plain and simple. Extremely unnerving and chock full of slowly unraveling suspense that'll give you the chills, again and again. Classic horror.

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Gehman 22 Nov, 2015

Ridley Scott paints with light so spectacularly in Alien that they should call him Thomas Kinkade.

Of course, everything else within Alien is just so damn near perfect. You've got that storyline that still manages to feel fresh, despite being aped so often. (Most sci-fi horror movies owe a huge debt to Alien, and ditto sci-fi horror video games.) You've got a delightful cast of characters. It's a movie that looks great in every single shot.

If there's a flaw,…