• tangytangy

★★★★★ Added by tangytangy

One of the greatest futuristic monstrosities ever created.

• Tyler Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Wilson 21 Jul, 2014

great sci fi movie

• John Lees

★★★★★ Rewatched by John Lees 21 Jul, 2014

What can be said about ALIEN that hasn't already been said? I've seen the film many times, and it never gets old, never loses its power to frighten and amaze. On this latest rewatch, it's surprising just how much film there is before that iconic sequence where John Hurt's Kane encounters the egg and things get horrific. But right from the moment we first meet the iconic xenomorph of the title, things click into full throttle and everything from that…

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 20 Jul, 2014

No one can hear you scream in space.alien. okay is this movie good or Bad well I can say it is good.this film as good visual effects and good score.

• Hydrola

★★★★½ Added by Hydrola

Just as Jaws is the icon of horror for the seas, Alien is the image of fear for space. It's the film that all other sci fi horrors will look up to and try to imitate. But none have been capable of matching its brilliance remaining the defining picture of horror in space. And it's easy to see why with visuals that hold up as well today as they ever have and one of the most threatening monsters put to…

• Austin P.

★★★★ Watched by Austin P. 14 Jul, 2014

I had a difficult time seeing what was going on on screen half the movie, but that was perfectly okay. Alien is a fun ride for anyone who decides to try it out.

• James Kujawa

★★★★ Watched by James Kujawa 17 Jul, 2014

As a first time viewer, there's nothing I can say about "Alien" that hasn't already been said, so I'll just tell you that everyone who told me that this movie was sweet is totally right.

• Margaret

★½ Watched by Margaret 17 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Timo

★★★★★ Added by Timo

One of my favorite movies ever. Hate the other ones from the series.

• trigjosh

★★★★★ Rewatched by trigjosh 15 Jul, 2014

One of the best Sci-fi/horrors of all time.

Weaver plays Ripley, on-board a spaceship which homes in on a signal. What they find on a planetoid is another spaceship. What they find inside is far more terrifying.

Excellent use of suspense in this movie as they try to keep alive.

• Grayson D

★★★★★ Added by Grayson D

Some good-ass movie. It's so hard to imagine this movie being made today. In a weird way I appreciated Prometheus a little bit more after this rewatch. While I still do not like Prometheus, it feels like an earnest (if misguided) attempt to return to this movie after the progressively louder and stupider sequels.

• Roman Colombo

★★★★ Watched by Roman Colombo 13 Jul, 2014

For a film that came out almost 40 years ago, it's amazing how some the effects are still unmatched even today (proving the merit of practical over CGI a thousand times over). It's suspenseful, the cast is great, the setting is wonderful...and of course, not bad to see such an iconic creature debut...but I would have liked to see more of him. Isn't he the star of the show? It chose to go in the Jaws direction (we're more scared…