• oneinfinity

★★★★★ Rewatched by oneinfinity 31 Aug, 2015

Masterpiece. End of story.

• Brad Stephenson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Brad Stephenson 30 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

/\ |_ | [- /\/

• Jason M

★★★★★ Watched by Jason M 29 Aug, 2015

Still an epic piece of filmmaking. I just watched the "directors cut" for the first time, and I'm not sure that it made it any better. But still a frigging great movie perfection in so many ways... Apart from that terrible jumpcut when Ripley reconnects Ash. But apart from that, top notch from my fellow Hartlepudlian!

• Philman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Philman 30 Aug, 2015

Director's cut with Oliver Harper.

• Deckard1984

★★★★★ Rewatched by Deckard1984 24 Aug, 2015

As I recently had a bit of a shift around in my living room, the 5.1 surround sound has been set up better and more spread out. So I have decided to go through some of my blu rays and watch them with better sound. I went through the trilogy (because who honestly likes Alien Resurrection?) and all three were fantastic, it was like watching them for the first time!

• Ilgvars Čevers

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ilgvars Čevers 29 Aug, 2015

close to perfect

• Eric

★★★★★ Rewatched by Eric 29 Aug, 2015

I had the privilege of showing my 13 year old niece this film in complete darkness, volume up, after midnight on blu-ray. She was completely enamored. I was too, despite having seen this at least a handful of times. Its a masterful piece of art. I hope it leaves a strong, lingering impression on her like it did for me when I first saw it.

• Fish

★★★★★ Rewatched by Fish 23 Aug, 2015

There are two major areas in which people become obsessed, and not only terrified, but fixated with the theory that Earth holds the only intelligent life. 'Alien' is one that takes our fear of the unknown, distorts, evolves and subsequently realises our absolute, innate, horrific, nightmare like images, and projects them in a superficial way that for once is realised.

From an inspired director, this film was always going to succeed, the only problem was setting. The atmosphere would always…

• Daniel Arena

★★★★½ Watched by Daniel Arena 27 Aug, 2015

My 100th film of the year!

• Sigfred Storstrand Sigfred Matias Storstrand

★★★★ Watched by Sigfred Storstrand Sigfred Matias Storstrand 19 Aug, 2015

I watched this movie for the first time when i was about 11, and i have not seen it again for 8 or so years. I remember the Xenomorph clearly, but from what i remember, i didnt really love the film as much as i felt i should.

After rewatching it, i can say, that it is an excellent film, the sets look great, and the tension alone gives you an uneasiness few movies can capture. This movie is living…

• Conan Tan

★★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 05 May, 2015

It is a fine body horror film set in space. Anyone can die.

• RonnieGardocki

★★★★★ Rewatched by RonnieGardocki 24 Aug, 2015

Still blows my mind every time I see it.