• David M

★★★★★ Watched by David M 29 Apr, 2016

One of my favorite films as a child/teenager - I've seen it tens of times - and the Alamo gave me the opportunity to see it on the big screen last night (thank you!). It is better than I remember it. Almost a perfect film.

• Shoumik Hassin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Shoumik Hassin 29 Apr, 2016

I keep thinking a movie that relies so heavily on mystery and slow reveals would be worse on re-watch, but I like it better every time I do.

• r mutt

What she order?

Alien-fillet.

• Tyler Hillis

★★★★★ Watched by Tyler Hillis 14 Apr, 2016

So after watching Blade Runner and being reminded of Ridley Scott's brilliance, I thought of the last time I watched Alien. It was about six months ago and I was in another film studies class in which I was tasked with writing a film review of any film of my choosing. Well, I misread the prompt and ended up analyzing the use of color in Alien instead of giving a traditional review. It didnt grade very well, but I enjoyed…

• ObiJuanKenobi27

★★★ Watched by ObiJuanKenobi27 27 Apr, 2016

Enjoyed it but I expected much more considering how highly praised this film is. A couple things bothered me and maybe I am guilty of going a little hard on this film due to it's reputation but that doesn't change that I noticed these things an they felt wrong.

Mainly, what bothered me was the sound mixing, i don't know if it was just me but it was terrible. There were lines that sounded like they were dubbed in and…

• RealJohnGrace

★★★★ Added by RealJohnGrace

What happened to THIS Ridley Scott?

• Ian Loring

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ian Loring 26 Apr, 2016

Obviously

• Craig Duffy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Duffy 26 Apr, 2016

I don’t know if it's the bluray transfer or what, but while revisiting Alien for “Alien Day” I found myself continually in awe of what a visually beautiful film it is. I’ve seen it numerous times on VHS and DVD, yet here on bluray I came away thinking that it might possibly be one of the most visually perfect films of all time. Perhaps even moreso than the much more famously designed Blade Runner. Everything just feels so much of…

• Brian Williams

Rewatched by Brian Williams 27 Apr, 2016

Rewatched with Superego "commentary. " My favorite part was when "John Hurt" felt offended by a cat silently judging him while he failed to parallel park.

• Steve Rogers

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Rogers 26 Apr, 2016

Unfortunately the digital mastered theatrical version, shown tonight, is better than the 35MM print I saw last year.

Except for the Ian Holm's detached head scene, the practical special effects hold up extremely well.

It really is masterful in the way it uses suspense, atmosphere and especially music. Jerry Goldsmith's score is fantastic.

• dvbsh

★★★★½ Rewatched by dvbsh 27 Apr, 2016

My biggest nitpick is that there's about twice when you can clearly see the Alien is a man in a rubber suit. That's it.

Hardly the biggest complaint about a movie now is it?