• Oliver Killen

★★★★★ Added by Oliver Killen

Love it not just it's scary as heck, but just the whole film itself.

• Cody Hunter

★★★★★ Watched by Cody Hunter 25 Jan, 2015

This really was the first time I watched this, other than in bits and pieces on TV growing up. Fantastic, of course!

• Matthew Bowland

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Bowland 17 Jan, 2015

A classic films that spans the sci-fi and horror genres. Sigourney Weaver introduces us to one of her most memorable characters, Ellen Ripley. The special effects stand up and don't look phony except for one moment late in the film involving Ash. The supporting cast delivers wonderful performances that make you cringe at yell at the screen during suspenseful moments. Watched the director's cut, which features a sequence that shows what happens to each crew member after they vanish. Favorite lines: "I'm altering the vector... now."

• Guzco

★★★★½ Watched by Guzco 24 Jan, 2015

Alien is on the Mount Rushmore of sci fi films for sure. Amazingly rich in visuals and some of the best suspense I've ever seen. Many aspects of this movie are what I would consider as perfect.

• Cat Kelly

★★★½ Added by Cat Kelly

I am not the kind of girl that is hiding their face in a pillow during a horror movie, in fact I am usually laughing at the first person who jump but during this movie I am not ashamed to say I jumped a few times. The visual effects were amazing in fact it's hard to believe that this movie came out in 1979 especially since it completely terrified me in 2015. As for the plot I found Ripley (Sigourney…

• Michael King

★★★½ Added by Michael King

I am not a

• Jamie MacKinnon

★★★★★ Added by Jamie MacKinnon

I don't feel like I need to review this film as everyone know's about it.

The reason it's so good, is because it scares the living daylights out of you, I watched it for the first time on a day sick from school aged 14, back in 1994. I'd seen Aliens first and assumed this would be the same. It wasn't, I had to turn it off and wait another two years before I gave it a second chance.

• kdknopf

★★★★★ Added by kdknopf

Not much I can say about this other than it's one of my all time favorites. An incredibly stylized vision of space travel by a director in his prime.

View

• T U D G E - "Lil Saucy"

★★★★★ Added by T U D G E - "Lil Saucy"

"The Crypt Keeper" from "Tales from the Crypt" and "Alien" were two of the first things that genuinely scared me as a child. I couldn't help but be fascinated by the fear that was instilled within me from an electronic box, late at night, on an analog cable network that would occasionally air this film. In essence, watching "Alien" as a child taught me the definition of "catharsis", without being familiar with the word.

• Josh Alfrey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Alfrey 20 Jan, 2015

w/ commentary by Ridley Scott, cast and crew.

• TeresitaSunday

★★★★½ Rewatched by TeresitaSunday 19 Jan, 2015

Cómo si no la hubiera visto veces, pero anoche no había nada en la tele y es un BluRay tan jugoso...
    ¡Maldito gato que siempre me asusta!

• Brad

★★★★ Watched by Brad 16 Jan, 2015

Visually stunning, realistic acting, and a story that is shallow yet immensely deep at the same time, Alien is a dazzling film. Filled with gruesome and startling moments that literally make an audience’s jaw drop and cringe, the special effects that are in this film are groundbreaking, even more so when the fact that this film debuted in 1979 is considered. The cinematography, score, and tone set in the entire movie are just a few of the many factors that…