• CinemaClown

★★★★★ Watched by CinemaClown 01 Oct, 2014 5

One of the most original, suspenseful & terrifying films you're ever going to come across, Ridley Scott's breakthrough feature is a masterful blend of horror & science-fiction and is a triumph of imagination, art direction, set design, special effects, unsettling score, perfect cast, terrific performances & quality narration that today is widely & rightly regarded as one of the greatest motion pictures of all time.

Alien follows a seven members crew en-route to Earth on board a huge commercial ship when their journey is…

• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★★★ Rewatched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 30 Sep, 2014

Ridley Scott's best Masterpiece.
    watched the Directors cut.

• angelo13000

★★★★★ Added by angelo13000

Perfect concept really scary shit imprisioned in outer space with this creature

• Nurderer

★★★★★ Added by Nurderer

The strange thing about Alien is that I can never seem to find any faults in it. It's truly a masterpiece. The atmosphere, the attention to detail, the great female lead. Allot of people often choose Aliens as their favourite film of the Alien franchise. I have to disagree. Don't get me wrong, I love Aliens, but something will always stand out in the original for me. One of my all time favourites.

• JoseIgnacioWert

★★★★ Added by JoseIgnacioWert

“En el espacio nadie puede oír tus gritos”. Probablemente, el markéting cinematográfico nunca haya parido –osado verbo para usarlo en esta película- un eslogan más genial. Y es que, a estas alturas, lo demás es Historia: emoción y terror gracias a un “suspense” que no necesita de enseñar al bicho para crear angustia. Por no hablar del entonces atrevídisimo protagonismo femenino. Sigourney Weaver siempre le estará agradecida a la teniente Ripley.

Muy recomendable.

• jacksonclark

★★★★½ Watched by jacksonclark 15 Sep, 2014

The pacing. The sense of pure discovery. That discovery turning into this manifestation of humans great fears. I still really dont know how Scott was able to put in a full minute of someone just having water drip onto his face, but it works...it works very well. Its just a masterful control over pacing; semingly a perfection and elevation of the slasher\bmovie type that came before.

Honestly, though, the aesthetic and kentic abilities would have been for naught had the…

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 27 Sep, 2014

It's a gooder.

• Jack Gaffney

★★★½ Watched by Jack Gaffney 27 Sep, 2014 8

For a film highly regarded as one of cinema's finest films, it kind of falls flat in some departments of film making. It does have some predictability, even though I knew what happens in the end, I still put myself in the shoes of a first time watcher of "Alien", and I still saw it coming. Sigourney Weaver was so heavily placed as the main protagonist that you knew she was going to get out of this. But my main…

• Anthony Kellaris

★★★★½ Rewatched by Anthony Kellaris 26 Sep, 2014

*2003 director's cut

• No-Personality

★★★★★ Rewatched by No-Personality 25 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• YI JIAN

/____|____|____|____\

A____|____|____|____V

A____L____I____E____V

A____L____I____E____N

I will never get tired of that title card. I remember reading an article somewhere saying something like: "The Alien title is placed at the top of the screen, reminding us to keep watching the stars." I think that's a pretty interesting idea.

"Crew expendable."
    The facehugger is some real scary shit, it used to make me paranoid as a kid, so many sleepless nights, damn you…

• Lee Kolcz

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lee Kolcz 24 Sep, 2014

Great movie. Vagina symbolism. Face rape. Sigourney Weaver's Pussy.

I think that covers anything I have to say about this one. Just know I have the same opinion on this film as all other cinephiles with a brain: THIS MOVIE IS PERFECT AND I'LL FACE RAPE YOU IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE.