• KyHarbor

★★★★★ Added by KyHarbor

cool font \m/

• Erik Stolpmann

★★★★ Rewatched by Erik Stolpmann 15 Dec, 2014

A true masterpiece as a sci-fi, a horror, and a creature feature--damn Xenomorph, you scary!

• Harry Robertson

★★★★½ Added by Harry Robertson

the best thing ridley scott and fox ever did

• Simon Jones

★★★★★ Watched by Simon Jones 13 Dec, 2014

I just signed up to receive all of my cable film channels in HD and this was the first film that was on after this. I couldn't have hoped for a better showcase f why HD exists!

This film is beautiful- whether its the inside of the Nostromo or the expedition onto the alien planet. The attention to detail is mind blowing.

Lots has been written about this film already so I'll save my thesis for another time. But I will leave with one more cliche- If you haven't seen this movie, you're missing out!

A masterpiece.

• wabbit

★★★★★ Rewatched by wabbit 13 Dec, 2014

Bolaji Badejo's best performance.

• Connor

★★★★★ Added by Connor

Horror masterpiece.

• Cass Nicholas

★★★★ Watched by Cass Nicholas 12 Dec, 2014

Despite being directed by a racist asshole, this was really good. The special effects were amazing and this was a really good space movie. Also the cat was cute but it's probably dead now so that's sad

• Jaybee18

★★★★★ Added by Jaybee18

Amazing artistic masterpiece

• Matt Greene

★★★★★ Added by Matt Greene

The word “perfect” is not one I usually like to use when describing a film, but it’s perhaps the most apt description of Scott’s quiet, unnerving and stunningly scary scifi horror. With so much of it engrained in the zeitgeist, it’s hard to appreciate how effective and satisfying the surprises are within. Add in complex performances (Weaver is genius), timeless monsters, and sets that are beyond insane, Alien is easily one of the greatest and scariest films of all time.

• Mat Pringle

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mat Pringle 10 Dec, 2014

At the BFI.

• Alex A

★★★½ Watched by Alex A 09 Dec, 2014

I'm pretty sure being as late as I am to finally see this movie is the reason I didn't love it. Like The Godfather, hearing all the critical acclaim for Alien many years before finally experiencing it left me expecting and wanting more. However, for it's time the visuals are ahead of it, the soundtrack is perfect, the chest-burst scene is still shocking, Sigourney Weaver is an attractive lead and the iconic antagonist needs no introduction. The first half was very slow in my opinion, but afterwards until the end Alien proved to be a successfully atmospheric Sci-Fi horror.

•  Justin Purwitsky