• Milo L'Estrange

★★★★½ Rewatched by Milo L'Estrange 24 Oct, 2014

I watched this film ages ago when I was a kid, but I wasn't able to fully appreciate it.
    The last 20 minutes of Alien was one of the craziest, most intense and enthralling movies experiences I have had in a while.
    Sigourney Weaver is fantastic. The cinematography and editing are excellent, especially in that scene when the alien kills Brett and it cuts back and forth from Brett to the cat with the light on its face... so awesome.

• EthanLlewellyn

★★★★★ Added by EthanLlewellyn

Watched the special edition version

• Bablakeshka

★★★★ Added by Bablakeshka

This is a really cool movie. Maybe a bit boring at the beginning, but I can suffer through boredom if it's paid off by a phallic monster (pardon me, alien) eating its way through a crew of space ship people (or whatever it does to them once they're dead ;) ) -- usually I root for the monster in movies like this, but when Sigourney Weaver kicks this alien's ass I felt like cheering for her. I mean, if I…

• Michael McKenzie

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael McKenzie 22 Oct, 2014

Amazing, ground-breaking film that elevates a standard horror plot with incredibly cinematography & set-design and well drawn characters that engage in dialogue that feels realistic unlike other space operas of the time.

• #BigSwagDaddyJ

★★★★ Watched by #BigSwagDaddyJ 23 Oct, 2014

This is a film about a woman and her cat.

1979's Alien is exactly what you think it is ... and that's a good thing.
    It is the defining Sci-Fi, survival horror film of not only the 70/80's but arguable of all time. I don't have much to say here because it's all already been said, Alien is amazing. The acting is good, the sets and atmospheric and claustrophobic and of course the Xenomorph is outstanding. Big ups to Bolaji…

• Karl Riesterer

★★★★★ Watched by Karl Riesterer 23 Oct, 2014

Its great. Everyone else has already said it so I cant add anything more

• kwrather

★★★★★ Rewatched by kwrather 23 Oct, 2014

Take note: I gave this movie a higher rating than Citizen Kane. I stand by it. The pacing and atmosphere are incredible. The combination of suspense, story and dread are palpable - even after many viewings.

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★★ Watched by Viktor Prentovski 23 Oct, 2014 4

I finally got around to seeing this!
    Alien is a very original, suspenseful movie made by Ridley Scott. It looks incredible, even though it was made more than 30 years ago. The set designs, the effects, the general look of the movie, it's all magnificent. It's accompanied by a bone-chilling score which leaves you very tense.

The acting is really great by everyone in the cast, but Sigourney Weaver absolutely killed it as Ripley. She is one of the most…

• Lucas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Lucas 22 Oct, 2014

The sound design is absolutely perfect.

Horrorfest 2014

• peaksa

★★★★½ Added by peaksa

watch it

• JamesMG

★★★★★ Rewatched by JamesMG 14 May, 2004

The nightmare of my childhood, this film rocked me to my core. I still fear the silence. The perfect space horror.

• Fred Anderson

★★★★★ Added by Fred Anderson

The first movie I saw in the series was Aliens, on a bootleg vhs actually, the longer cut of James Cameron’s beloved sequel. At the time it was among the best movies I ever seen, but when I later rewatched it I kinda felt more cold towards it. It felt way too noisy and empty. Empty barrels, you know. I feel I’ve been a bit too harsh in my opinions about during my life and I will try to watch…