• Paul Fleming

★★★★ Watched by Paul Fleming 05 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A fun, expectedly juvenile in places, reunion with the original American Pie gang. It could easily have been overly sentimental but this managed to strike the right balance between comedy, sentimentality and juvenile humour while never letting the characters off completely; the legendary Stiffler actually comes across as sad here as he has seemingly been unable to grow up and move on.

It all works well though and provides plenty of laughs and being a huge fan of the original…

• Sol

★★★★ Watched by Sol 19 Jun, 2015

"Stifler's having a party tonight. OK, I know that doesn't sound romantic or anything, but remember our first time was at a Stifler party. You made me your bitch."
    -Jim Levenstein

71%

• El_Ju

★★ Watched by El_Ju 16 Jun, 2015

Pues se reúne el reparto de las dos primeras y hay un par de gags divertidos que no originales.

• Lianne Motshagen

★★★½ Watched by Lianne Motshagen 14 Jun, 2015

A nice, nostalgic reunion! Reminds me that I must rewatch some AP's sometime!

• Dion Wyn

★★ Rewatched by Dion Wyn 10 Jun, 2015

While I don't think American Reunion is the best of the franchise, it's still very enjoyable and has some great moments. The opening scene is hysterical and easily one of the best moments of the entire franchise. The film plays off many of the same gags that the first 3 films did. While it doesn't really offer anything new, these gags are still pretty funny for the most part. The film did a really good job of capturing the humor…

• Pete Haynes

★½ Watched by Pete Haynes 05 Jun, 2015

While my tastes in film has grown and developed since the first American Pie movie in 1999, it seems that isn't the case for the people behind American Reunion.

Rather than laughing along with the antics of the characters like I would have done back in '99, I now find myself cringing and not in a good way.

Hopefully there won't be anymore reunions for Stiffler and the gang.

• Jon Birondo

★★★★ Watched by Jon Birondo 07 Jun, 2015

Redeems the series! It's great to see the gang back together! Not as great as the first one but it's great for a franchise so lewd, outdated, and full of God-awful spin offs to come off as this funny, enjoyable, and well, good.

That Nicki Minaj line from Jason Biggs was priceless!

• John Lees

★★ Watched by John Lees 05 Jun, 2015

I can't say I was expecting anything great from AMERICAN REUNION, but even with my low expectations, it managed to disappoint. As an adolescent of the late 90s, SCREAM and AMERICAN PIE were two of my favourite films. Both films are actually very similar in a lot of ways. Both were inventive, self-aware revivals of popular 80s teen film genres: the slasher and the gross-out student comedy, respectively. Both inspired a slew of lesser imitators in their wake. Both stood…

• Rishaad Moudden

★★½ Watched by Rishaad Moudden 05 Jun, 2015

Sentimental, self-serving, contrived, one dimensional and tame wrap up of the franchise. It is rather worthless, misogynistic and embarrassingly reliant on punctuating each story arc with explicit callbacks to antiquated jokes. But damn, the guy who watched the first two films on repeat during the summer of 2002 with his friends got some fleeting joy from this. And I'm sure that Hitchcock could learn something about suspense from the naked 18 year old girl stealth bedroom drop off sequence.

• Gustavo Menezes

★★★½ Watched by Gustavo Menezes 30 May, 2015

The perfect ending!
    This resembles the first installment of the series in the best ways.
    First, the structure of the screenplay is basically the same.
    And the four friends are back together (plus Stifler) and given fair screen time. Plus, we are once again rooting for them. Most of the time, anyway. I got annoyed by the fact that Oz and Kevin are kind of obsessed about getting back with their high school girlfriends. You know, in real life people…

• Grant Larsen

★★★½ Watched by Grant Larsen 23 May, 2015

Series is complete!

• Robyn

★½ Watched by Robyn 10 May, 2015 3

watched all of this for natasha lyonne.