• Chris

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 22 Oct, 2016

We all know this is goofy and stupid as hell but it's also really goddamn entertaining. That one shot with Jon Voight (You all know the one) is worth it alone.

• Wooderson

★★★ Watched by Wooderson 20 Oct, 2016 1

I haven't been counting but I believe the amount of times Ice Cube say said "Today is a good day" in movies might exceed the amount of times he utters it in the song. I like to think all Ice Cube movies are just Ice Cube trying out new jobs.

I adore Jon Voight doing a bad Tony Montana or spot on Razor Ramon impression.

I miss when CG snakes where the terror animal of choice. Sharks just ain't doing…

• Kat 🎃 👻 🕸

★★★ Watched by Kat 🎃 👻 🕸 13 Oct, 2016

Hoop-tober 3.0.1
    Other reviews: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8| #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19

Okay let's just start with the elephant in the room (before the anaconda eats it). Jon Voight as a paraguayan? Really? Really? While I'm always pretty frustrated with whitewashed casting, at least I'm usually able to see what the logic…

• teaalldaylong

★★★ Rewatched by teaalldaylong 13 Oct, 2016

A long time ago, when I was a cinema student, a friend asked me what makes a "good" film. I told him that any film one enjoys is "good", even if it is lacking in form or structure or narrative or meaning; that if someone gleans enjoyment from it, it is a Good Film.

I thought this was a Good Film in 1997 when I saw it at the pictures with my dad, and I think so now, many viewings later. It is stupid, ridiculous and fun, and if you haven't already, you should watch it.

See also: Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Rogue

• Chad Anderson

★★½ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 08 Oct, 2016

I saw this in the theater when it came out, felt it was marginal then and found nothing to change my opinion this time. This felt like an unusual low for Jon Voight, though part of that was the crazy motivation written for his character in the script, leading him to be more erratic than necessary.

• Ross Birks

★★★ Rewatched by Ross Birks 30 Sep, 2016

This was a staple of my VHS-dominated childhood and I haven't revisited it in a long time. Anaconda is dopey as hell but there's something very charming about it.

The mix of early CGI with practical effects makes me happy. It exists in that sweet spot of American genre cinema that's post-Jurassic Park but pre-superhero movie where could have a crappy monster movie but still see a rubbery mechanical version of the monster itself. There's also a lot of old-school…

• Adryon Thomas

★½ Rewatched by Adryon Thomas 20 Sep, 2016

Jon Voight should be in every movie, Jennifer Lopez should drink bleach... oh, and Ice Cube should stick to the whole rapping thing.

• Jeremy Flores

★★ Added by Jeremy Flores

two stars for jon voight's accent.

• Darren Fx

★★ Watched by Darren Fx 30 Sep, 2016 1

"You don't know shit about the shit we're in out here!"

Anaconda ruined the giant animal horror/thriller film genre, in a way that it hasn't ever fully recovered. The awful CGI and hacky acting created a new film sub-genre: the CGI giant animal shitfest film genre.

If the creators of this knew what sort of catastrophe they would be creating, they probably wouldn't have done it.

Pushing all the future indecencies aside, Anaconda is just a completely terrible film that…

• Ryster

★★ Watched by Ryster 25 Sep, 2016

Part of Hoop-Tober 3.0

Here's the thing with Anaconda, it's a big piece of B-movie fun for many but for me it was sadly not that entertaining. I've never been afraid of snakes. There's many animals that do occasionally give me the creeps but snakes aren't in that group. I wasn't expecting this film to change my opinion as I'd heard it was quite a sad attempt at horror but I thought that I might be held in suspense. I…

• CinemaClown

★★★ Watched by CinemaClown 24 Sep, 2016

A little warm-up before I kick off my contribution to Cine's Hoop-Tober Challenge!

A guilty pleasure that's still fun & amusing, Anaconda was one of those famous B-movies that used to air a lot on TV when I was a kid and whenever I caught a glimpse of it while switching channels, I'd usually end up staying till the end. Creature feature was my go-to genre while growing up and this, along with Jurassic Park & Godzilla, were amongst my favorites.

• WizardmanJones

★★★ Watched by WizardmanJones 20 Sep, 2016

I genuinely don't know what kind of accent Jon Voight was going for in this movie. Like, I get that he's supposed to be Paraguayan, but I'd bet a thousand dollars that's not what they sound like at all. I thought he was going for Italian at first, but his voice just kept getting flatter and flatter and eventually started sounding like snake hisses. Is he supposed to be a were-snake? Is he a were-snake trying to life the curse…