• Mynt Marsellus

★★ Watched by Mynt Marsellus 28 Jul, 2015

Ummm... This is not a good movie. If you're a Jon Voight completionist its probably worth watching cause he is bananas. But thats about it. Its a bad movie :P

• Infernal King

★★★ Watched by Infernal King 25 Jul, 2015

All Nicki Minaj jokes aside, Anaconda is an abysmally ephemeral Hollywood creature feature, replete with tremendously shitty late 90's CGI.

So why did I watch this movie?

Because heaven sent us an angel, and his name is Jon Voight.

He's one of my favorite actors and after reading the hype surrounding his incredibly bizarre performance, I had high expectations which, needless to say, were easily surpassed. This man knows how to chew the scenery as much as anyone.

Saint Voight's…

• Robert Cullen

★★½ Rewatched by Robert Cullen 16 Jul, 2015

I was watching it with the Rifftrax. This movie is as stupid as I remembered (in an endearing way), but the riffing was pretty topnotch.

Rifftrax score: ★★★★

• Jordan Smith

Added by Jordan Smith 2

To anyone with a love for Ice Cube's timeless 1993 single "It Was a Good Day" like yours truly, his first line of dialogue will resonate: "Yeah, well, today's a good day." It definitely was, Ice Cube, because I watched Anaconda. Released in 1997, Anaconda features three paragons of 90s-ness: Jennifer Lopez, the aforementioned Ice Cube and Eric Stoltz, who wisely spends much of the movie's 89-minute runtime in a wasp-induced coma (aside from a moment in which he comes…

• Austin Wolf-Sothern

★★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Wolf-Sothern 06 Jun, 2015

Jon Voight gives what may well be the greatest performance in motion picture history. He doesn't deliver a single line or display a single facial expression that is not brilliantly funny. And capping it off with that wink! Perfect.

• Simon9688

½ Added by Simon9688

Bad.

• Naughty

★★★★ Watched by Naughty 29 May, 2015 3

_________________________________________________________________
    Film #30 of the "Scavenger Hunt 2" Challenge!
    Task #27 : A film that is a guilty pleasure that you HAVE seen before and prize highly! However no one would EVER expect you to love it!
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-2/
    ___________________________________________________________________

Yes! I love this film!

Yes! I sought emergency treatment to no avail!

It is one of the most entertaining and enjoyable modern day creature feature flicks out there!

It has not one but two gloriously over the top villains! I…

• Dubzi

★★★ Added by Dubzi

Ice cube is in this movie. 10/10.

• Ernst_Bitterman

★★ Watched by Ernst_Bitterman 09 Sep, 2004

I can't work out which upsets me more:
    - Jon Voight's outrageous accent;
    - the utter hogwash about the feeding habits of constrictors;
    - the yawning gap between ambition and accomplishment in the CGI department.

I usually like the sort of stupidity that's on display here, but... well, either it's not cooked properly or there's just too much of it on one plate.

• Kai Perrignon

★★★ Added by Kai Perrignon

I give this 3 stars simply for digested but winking Jon Voight.

• fermion

★★ Added by fermion

i don't know my future after this weekend
    - and i don't want to!

it takes courage to enjoy it
    the hardcore & the gentle

big time sensuality

- Björk

• SmokingPizza

★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

Gillian Anderson was originally the casting choice for Jennifer Lopez's character and that would have been much better.