• Danny Aston

★★ Watched by Danny Aston 16 Sep, 2014

ice cube is a documentarian for national geographic and j-lo forgot to pack any bras. jon voight does 7 different accents. sometimes, i just don't know.

• Lewiss

★★★½ Rewatched by Lewiss 16 Sep, 2014

The slow burning tension and genuine creep-out effect of the first half is quickly thrown away for cheap thrills and crazy deaths in the second. Although it's kept going by Jon Voight's hammed up villain, which makes for good entertainment in plot and character interactions when the big bad isn't slithering its way onto the screen. Just the thought of being in the same body of water as a giant snake is enough to freak me out however, so while the second half is more action than horror, it still made my skin crawl.

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★½ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 13 Sep, 2014 1

Extra half-star for Voight.

As far as monster movies go, I definitely prefer Creature from the Black Lagoon derivatives over many other options (but mostly because I love jungles, rivers, and jungle-rivers).

Rewatching this also took me back to the good old days when stuff like this could still end up in theaters, rather than straight to the Syfy channel.

• Barney Rubble

Watched by Barney Rubble 15 Sep, 2014

Danny Trejo shoots himself in the head in the first few minutes and he turns out to be the smartest character in the entire movie.

• JPC

★★ Watched by JPC 12 Sep, 2014

Previsible. Obviamente una anaconda gigante no puede con Ice Cube.

• IlikeCheese

★★ Added by IlikeCheese

My anaconda don't want none unless you got Buns Hun!

• Hollie Horror

★★★½ Rewatched by Hollie Horror 08 Sep, 2014 11

After reading Jason's review, I felt compelled to watch Anaconda again for the first time in probably 15 years. Much to my surprise, I retained a lot of the imagery but blocked out some of the performances.

Jon Voight is one hell of an entertainer. He was in his own movie, seriously - I'm not sure if he was even aware of anyone else in the shot with him besides the snakes (and most of them weren't even real). Even…

• stevenfisher22

★½ Rewatched by stevenfisher22 06 Sep, 2014

Anaconda - 3/10. So maybe the acting isn't so great. And the f/x are... bad. But the... plot? No. Oh well, it was fun. No it wasn't.

• Richard Trondsen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Trondsen 08 Sep, 2014 4

Seriously one of my favorite films of all time.

• Chris Haydon

★★ Rewatched by Chris Haydon 04 Sep, 2014

The most unbelievable element in Acaconda is not the 40 foot hosepipe which serves as the slithering villain, nor is it that apparently Ice Cube is a registered documentarian for National Geographic.

It isn't even the the unfathomably camp performance from Jon Voight or the ridiculously crummy opening sequence with Danny Trejo.

The most unbelievable element in Anaconda is that Kari Wuhrer is HOTTER than Jennifer Lopez here. I mean she looks ten times better than J-Lo; I'm sorry but it's just too unrealistic for my liking...

• Jason Alley

★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Alley 03 Sep, 2014 8

I love this silly movie. You'd have to be trying pretty hard to not enjoy the oddball cast of Jennifer Lopez, Jon Voight, Ice Cube, Owen Wilson, Eric Stoltz, and Danny Trejo fighting a giant snake in the Amazon, in this endearingly corny, old-fashioned JAWS/INDIANA JONES hybrid.

And lest you think this is purely a so-bad-it's-good endorsement, nope; I actually think it's a good movie. Sure, it's pretty cheesy most of the time, but that's never been an automatic fail…

• Willow Catelyn