• Chevalier

;)

• Joseph Shea

★★ Rewatched by Joseph Shea 30 Mar, 2014

[FILMATHON MOVIE]

It's been about 10 years since I last saw Anaconda. I still can't entirely work out if that's a good thing or not. We'll see again in 10 years.

• Richard Trapp

★★★ Rewatched by Richard Trapp 15 Apr, 2014

"They strike, wrap around you. Hold you tighter than your true love. And you get the privilege, of hearing your bones break before the power of embrace causes your veins to explode."

Forget the animatronic snake... the real horror of Anaconda is Jon Voight's career-worst, complete embarrassment of a performance, in which he waxes poetic about snakes' killing methods in the wrost French accent ever put to film.

The film itself is fun, but Voight has to be seen to be believed.

• Matt Lavender

★★★ Rewatched by Matt Lavender 30 Mar, 2014

(Filmathon movie)
    So Anaconda came at a great time during the filmathon, it's so dumb and corny it revived us all. Got a weird history with this movie where in my house at uni we all loved it for it's fucking dumb bullshit. Jon Voight is on another fucking planet.

• Antoin D

★★ Watched by Antoin D 16 Mar, 2014

How much did they pay Ice Cube to say it was a good day? It better have been a small fortune.

Anaconda tells the tale of a documentary crew who are seeking out a tribe in the jungle. The plan is sidetracked when they pick up a strange man who quickly turns their whole journey upside down as they get hunted by a giant snake. The film stars Jennifer Lopez, Ice Cube as the heroes and Jon Voight as the…

• martinblank

★★★★ Added by martinblank

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• thekobrakid

★★½ Rewatched by thekobrakid 06 Feb, 2014

If you hate snakes, this film will have you pretty freaked out. Anaconda is a very basic monster movie with the basic monster movie plot.

Basically Jaws with a giant snake instead of a shark, Anaconda sees a documentary crew take a boat down the amazon river to search for a rare tribe who supposedly worshiped snakes. Along the way they find a stranded "fisherman" who claims to know the whereabouts of the tribe they are searching for. As he…

• FrankDux

★★★ Rewatched by FrankDux 29 Jan, 2014

Worth watching if only for Jon Voight's (the actor, not the dentist) hilarious facial expressions and ridiculous South American accent.

• Drew Farrar

★★★ Added by Drew Farrar

The scariest part of Anaconda is how Jennifer Lopez’s eyebrows disappear and reappear like some sort of Amazonian wizardry.

• Jennifer

★★ Watched by Jennifer 27 Dec, 2013

It's an entire movie about how much Jon Voight sucks at catching snakes.

Also, I'm pretty sure these are magic snakes, because they defy the laws of physics and snakeness. The snakeness thing I can understand, because watching an anaconda go to sleep after it eats someone wouldn't be very thrilling, but unless it has a little superhero cape the damn thing should obey the laws of physics.

• Ryan O’Hara

★★ Watched by Ryan O’Hara 26 Dec, 2013

Just imagine every character doing the stupidest thing possible, over and over and over again, with a few anacondas involved.

• Ruby

★½ Watched by Ruby 15 Dec, 2013

I'm guessing this movie gave a lot of people their vore fetishes, thankfully I am not that sad, also nice scene where a bolt action rifle turns into a semi-auto at random