• CinemaClown

★★★ Watched by CinemaClown 24 Sep, 2016

A little warm-up before I kick off my contribution to Cine's Hoop-Tober Challenge!

A guilty pleasure that's still fun & amusing, Anaconda was one of those famous B-movies that used to air a lot on TV when I was a kid and whenever I caught a glimpse of it while switching channels, I'd usually end up staying till the end. Creature feature was my go-to genre while growing up and this, along with Jurassic Park & Godzilla, were amongst my favorites.

Looking…

• WizardmanJones

★★★ Watched by WizardmanJones 20 Sep, 2016

I genuinely don't know what kind of accent Jon Voight was going for in this movie. Like, I get that he's supposed to be Paraguayan, but I'd bet a thousand dollars that's not what they sound like at all. I thought he was going for Italian at first, but his voice just kept getting flatter and flatter and eventually started sounding like snake hisses. Is he supposed to be a were-snake? Is he a were-snake trying to life the curse…

• dean_

Watched by dean_ 02 Sep, 2016

jon voights accent

• Kikomia

★★★★ Watched by Kikomia 12 Sep, 2016

Jon Voight just walked onto the set and actually thought he was being hunted by a giant anaconda.

• Jack Gattanella

★★½ Rewatched by Jack Gattanella 04 Nov, 2014

Rifftrax screening. Jon Voight gives the wink of a career.

• Marcelo Cypreste

★½ Rewatched by Marcelo Cypreste 06 Sep, 2016

This looked terrible then... It looks awful now.

• Morton's Tomb

★★½ Watched by Morton's Tomb 28 Aug, 2016 4

I'd give four stars to the film that Jon Voight was in, if it was listed separately. Everything else here is pretty dismal though - awful 90s CGI, a cast that looks interesting on paper, but nobody gets much to do, a plot that seems to revolve entirely around fuel canisters. Voight is in such inspired form that it carries the film; I probably shouldn't have watched this the same day as The Jungle Book, when I remembered what animals actually looked like.

• Troy L

★★★ Rewatched by Troy L 29 Aug, 2016

Terri: "Okay we gone wait for Mateo til the morning"

Westridge: "What you think he took, a walk in the woods?"

Lol that literally almost had me in tears but he was like the realist on there when it came to actual sense until the end. This movie wasn't all that but anyone can enjoy it still for what it is

• eskimoeyes

HDTGM #61
    A basic monster movie until the last 10 minutes goes C-R-A-Z-Y

• Lewkuh

★★★ Rewatched by Lewkuh 12 Aug, 2016

Entertaining B-monster flick which director Luis Llosa used as leverage to apparently get real movies for rational adults made back home in Brazil. A game cast including Jennifer Lopez, Ice Cube and especially Jon Voight hamming it up as greasy grampa snake poacher make this a brief trip down a snake-infested river... of fun!

My major niggle with the film, however, is the lack of inventive kills due to its PG-13 nature and the fact that an anaconda only really eats its prey one way. They should have been nature's assholes like JURASSIC PARK's velociraptors!

• t-hom

★★½ Rewatched by t-hom 09 Aug, 2016

This is truly one of those "it's so bad it's good" kind of films. The animatronic snakes still look fantastic, while some of the cgi work ahs not aged as well. It's fun to see Jon Voight play a ridiculous bad guy, as Eric Stoltz is once again relegated to nothing more than a glorified cameo. Jennifer Lopez is clearly a star on the rise, and Ice Cube seems to just want out of the picture.

Is it a classic? No. Will genre fans have a good time talking back at this weirdly paced, and sometimes lackluster, creature feature? Yes.