• Sam

Added by Sam

If you took a ham and cheese sandwich and replaced the contents with Jon Voigt it would be about the same.

I do have to admit, though, that Eric Stoltz's journey through this movie was thrilling. I couldn't believe how much had changed by the end of the movie! He starts out smug, then is unconscious for a long time, then somehow all better, then unconscious again. A triumph! His role in this definitely made sense.

• Steve Dickson

★★★ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 08 Nov, 2014

It knows what it is and it does it pretty well. Same idea as Lake Placid in the fact it is a daft B movie but a Daft B movie that does it well. Total nonsense but fun nonsense.

• Isaac von Schmitt

★★★½ Rewatched by Isaac von Schmitt 04 Nov, 2014

Theres a lot going bad for this movie. Wait, make that "there very little going good" for this movie. Still I can't help but love how bad it is. Jon Voight steals the show, hands down.

• DirkH

★★★★ Watched by DirkH 06 Nov, 2014 9

This movie sucks ass.

Let's be honest.
    Us true cinephiles, we don't care.

Let's be honest.
    John Voight produces the Mona Lisa of overindulgent campy B movie performances.

Let's be honest.
    We were all rooting for the snake.

• JoeMovies

★★½ Watched by JoeMovies 04 Nov, 2014

11/4/14 - watched with Rifftrax Live commentary.

• Mike McGranaghan

★★★ Rewatched by Mike McGranaghan 30 Oct, 2014

RiffTrax version

• Zach Evans

★★ Rewatched by Zach Evans 30 Oct, 2014

If you ever wanted to see Jon Voight play a gross greasy snake man with an accent that has never been spoken on this earth before, this is the movie for you.

• Gala Avary

★★★½ Watched by Gala Avary 10 Oct, 2014

Jennifer Lopez is very real looking, Jon Voight plays an obvious villain, and Eric Stoltz lays in bed for half of the movie ... but there's just something fun about giant snakes eating Owen Wilson. Plus, you don't get to see Ice Cube be a hero every day.

• Jon Muggleton

★★★ Rewatched by Jon Muggleton 30 Oct, 2014

Shocktober Horrors 2014 #22:

Man, this movie was cheesy. I forgot just how ridiculous Jon Voight's performance was, particularly the fact that he basically spends the entire movie looking evil and yet, no one else notices FOREVER. The live riff was pretty good, though it seemed a bit more adult than usual. I'd say of the three riffs we saw this year, this is the weakest, but it was still funny.

• Gray Whitten

★★★½ Watched by Gray Whitten 30 Oct, 2014

Viewed as a Rifftrax livecast, and that's probably the only way you'd ever need to see this, really.

2.0 stars for ANACONDA itself
    3.5 stars for the Rifftrax version, which was a lot of fun

• Lyndell Clark

★★★★ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 30 Oct, 2014

Saw this on the big screen last night with the RIFFTRAX fellas riffing it. It was hilarious. Im actually a fan of Anaconda, the movie itself. However it is definitely ripe for riffing.

"Id rather get a cap in my ass than a fish in my dick!"

• Ross Bonaime

★★ Watched by Ross Bonaime 30 Oct, 2014

Watched this last night at a RiffTrax event, having never seen it before. Up until a few years ago, I believed this to be a genuinely beloved film by some. It's...just dumb. So little of it makes sense, especially Jon Voight, who might actually be my favorite part of the film. But...why do they need to bring their narrator while they're filming? Or why is Ice Cube just essentially playing Ice Cube: Boom Mike Operator? I dunno. It's a dumb movie.