• cronic

★★ Added by cronic

4/10

• Colleen McAleer

★★ Added by Colleen McAleer

i love that there was so clearly no research done to figure out how snakes work. the snakes are what people remembered snakes looking like but they didn't check to make sure they were right by just looking at a couple pictures of real snakes.

• Colin the dude

★★★ Rewatched by Colin the dude 24 Sep, 2014

You know what? The snake effects totally hold up, animatronics and CG both. As one the cheesiest killer animal movies of them all, the effects do exactly what they're supposed to do and that's be the showcase of a cheesy giant snake movie. The best moments are of the snake attacking and the best shot comes from inside the snake as it's swallowing Jon Voight, and it looks great! It's a shoddy movie in every other respect but hey, the…

• Michelle Arf

★★★½ Watched by Michelle Arf 18 Sep, 2014

I hadn't seen this since I was like 13, so let's consider this a first watch. I don't even know how to rate it, because some of it was laughably and enjoyably incompetent, some of it was painfully incompetent, some of it was bafflingly incompetent, and some of it was depressingly incompetent. I don't know how much I was entertained, but I had morbid curiosity throughout wondering how this could have made it to theatres. A+ on Jon Voight for constantly trying to make the most ridiculous facial expressions possible the entire film.

• Danny Aston

★★ Watched by Danny Aston 16 Sep, 2014

ice cube is a documentarian for national geographic and j-lo forgot to pack any bras. jon voight does 7 different accents. sometimes, i just don't know.

• Lewiss

★★★½ Rewatched by Lewiss 16 Sep, 2014

The slow burning tension and genuine creep-out effect of the first half is quickly thrown away for cheap thrills and crazy deaths in the second. Although it's kept going by Jon Voight's hammed up villain, which makes for good entertainment in plot and character interactions when the big bad isn't slithering its way onto the screen. Just the thought of being in the same body of water as a giant snake is enough to freak me out however, so while the second half is more action than horror, it still made my skin crawl.

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★½ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 13 Sep, 2014 3

Extra half-star for Voight.

As far as monster movies go, I definitely prefer Creature from the Black Lagoon derivatives over many other options (but mostly because I love jungles, rivers, and jungle-rivers).

Rewatching this also took me back to the good old days when stuff like this could still end up in theaters, rather than straight to the Syfy channel.

• Barney Rubble

Watched by Barney Rubble 15 Sep, 2014

Danny Trejo shoots himself in the head in the first few minutes and he turns out to be the smartest character in the entire movie.

• JPC

★★ Watched by JPC 12 Sep, 2014

Previsible. Obviamente una anaconda gigante no puede con Ice Cube.

• IlikeCheese

★★ Added by IlikeCheese

My anaconda don't want none unless you got Buns Hun!

• Hollie Horror

★★★½ Rewatched by Hollie Horror 08 Sep, 2014 16

After reading Jason's review, I felt compelled to watch Anaconda again for the first time in probably 15 years. Much to my surprise, I retained a lot of the imagery but blocked out some of the performances.

Jon Voight is one hell of an entertainer. He was in his own movie, seriously - I'm not sure if he was even aware of anyone else in the shot with him besides the snakes (and most of them weren't even real). Even…

• stevenfisher22

★½ Rewatched by stevenfisher22 06 Sep, 2014

Anaconda - 3/10. So maybe the acting isn't so great. And the f/x are... bad. But the... plot? No. Oh well, it was fun. No it wasn't.