• Jonathan Abrams

★★★ Rewatched by Jonathan Abrams 23 Jul, 2014

ANACONDA is the kind of movie that has become commonplace today through venues such as DTV and the SyFy network – a cheap, tongue-in-cheek production where the title alone is the premise. More recently, these schlocky giant-reptile flicks have become the domain of the C- and the D-list, but originally they were true B-movies, with a long Hollywood history that included highlights such as CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON – a specific model which ANACONDA bites off of heavily –…

• Richard Doyle

★★½ Rewatched by Richard Doyle 24 Jul, 2014

Fairly enjoyable as an unambitious B-movie, largely for the A-list cast who really give themselves over to the inane plot. Voight in particular is ... big. The effects are pretty awful ... neither the CGI nor the physical effects are better than passable. Worth a look for a bit of very inconsequential fun.

• Kurt Fabisch

½ Watched by Kurt Fabisch 21 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Jerry Downing

★★★½ Rewatched by Jerry Downing 20 Jul, 2014

Connection to previous movie - Ice Cube

Is this a good movie? Not really.
    Do I like it anyway? Yes, I do.

• An Angry Bear

½ Watched by An Angry Bear 29 Jun, 2014 2

I'm just going to assume this is what all movies from the late 90's are like.

• M.D. Perkins

★★ Rewatched by M.D. Perkins 24 Jun, 2014

I'm honestly not sure why I was compelled to see this like 3 or 4 times in the theater back in '97.

• Dave

★½ Rewatched by Dave 07 Jun, 2014

A "National Geographic" film crew is taken hostage by an insane hunter, who takes them along on his quest to capture the world's largest - and deadliest - snake. - IMDB

Way back in 1997, I remember seeing this on a group 'date'. Where we all took our girlfriends at the time and watched this. Whichever girl I was seeing that month, most definitely had nothing on Jennifer Lopez, with whom I was in love with back then from seeing…

• Liara KCrane

★★½ Added by Liara KCrane

Wow so this was a film.
    Likely one of the films that inspired the comedy-disaster genre that includes films such as Sharknado. An entertainingly terrible film - however being an inspiration to the genre and not a member, it actually tries to be a serious film which is ultimately it's downfall.
    My favourite part was when the waterfall fell /upwards/.

• matto

★½ Added by matto

This film was hilarious but not in a good way, and unfortunately taken a little too seriously to be one of those 'so bad it's good' films.
    The acting was poor, the effects were abysmal (the gravity defying waterfall.. Water rise??.. Was magnificent) and the story was just careless.
    The only redeeming factor was how unintentionally funny it was.

• JurassicGriffin

★★★ Rewatched by JurassicGriffin 09 May, 2014

It's so dumb that I can't help but like it.

• Alastair Hendry

★★ Watched by Alastair Hendry 06 Jan, 2007

This is a fun monster movie. The Anaconda is really cool even if the effects do look a little ropey! The cast mix is good and features a pre-fame Jennifer Lopez. Jon Voight puts in a creepy performance as the snake hunter (6.1.07)

• GIGAJJ