• Jordan Smith

Added by Jordan Smith 2

To anyone with a love for Ice Cube's timeless 1993 single "It Was a Good Day" like yours truly, his first line of dialogue will resonate: "Yeah, well, today's a good day." It definitely was, Ice Cube, because I watched Anaconda. Released in 1997, Anaconda features three paragons of 90s-ness: Jennifer Lopez, the aforementioned Ice Cube and Eric Stoltz, who wisely spends much of the movie's 89-minute runtime in a wasp-induced coma (aside from a moment in which he comes…

• Austin Wolf-Sothern

★★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Wolf-Sothern 06 Jun, 2015

Jon Voight gives what may well be the greatest performance in motion picture history. He doesn't deliver a single line or display a single facial expression that is not brilliantly funny. And capping it off with that wink! Perfect.

• Simon9688

½ Added by Simon9688

Bad.

• Naughty

★★★★ Watched by Naughty 29 May, 2015 3

_________________________________________________________________
    Film #30 of the "Scavenger Hunt 2" Challenge!
    Task #27 : A film that is a guilty pleasure that you HAVE seen before and prize highly! However no one would EVER expect you to love it!
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-2/
    ___________________________________________________________________

Yes! I love this film!

Yes! I sought emergency treatment to no avail!

It is one of the most entertaining and enjoyable modern day creature feature flicks out there!

It has not one but two gloriously over the top villains! I…

• Dubzi

★★★ Added by Dubzi

Ice cube is in this movie. 10/10.

• Ernst_Bitterman

★★ Watched by Ernst_Bitterman 09 Sep, 2004

I can't work out which upsets me more:
    - Jon Voight's outrageous accent;
    - the utter hogwash about the feeding habits of constrictors;
    - the yawning gap between ambition and accomplishment in the CGI department.

I usually like the sort of stupidity that's on display here, but... well, either it's not cooked properly or there's just too much of it on one plate.

• Kai Perrignon

★★★ Added by Kai Perrignon

I give this 3 stars simply for digested but winking Jon Voight.

• fermion

★★ Added by fermion

i don't know my future after this weekend
    - and i don't want to!

it takes courage to enjoy it
    the hardcore & the gentle

big time sensuality

- Björk

• SmokingPizza

★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

Gillian Anderson was originally the casting choice for Jennifer Lopez's character and that would have been much better.

• Goremaster

★★★ Added by Goremaster

Ok. Anaconda is over the top and laughable at times, but it's one of those movies that's so bad that ends up being good. Another flick in the same style is Lake Placid, but with an alligator in place of the snake. The scenes of the giant snake climbing trees, a waterfall and eating a whole man make this movie worth watching.

• RickyHaze

★★★★ Added by RickyHaze

The best episode of 'River Monsters' that you've ever seen.

• GoodBadAndOdd

★★★½ Watched by GoodBadAndOdd 18 Apr, 2015

With its terribly-CGId monster snake, Voight doing snake-Ahab all the way to 11, and ripe overacting from all involved, this is a dumb, fun monster movie that takes the plot of Creature From The Black Lagoon and grafts in a gigantic snake - and uses all sorts of snake species besides to carry on the snakey motif.

Rather good fun - Voight's wink seals the deal.