• Carl Sandell

★★★½ Watched by Carl Sandell 01 Nov, 2015

Apart from atrocious digital snakes this is one of my favorite monster movies. I don't know if every aspect of the story holds, but the film crew getting lured into a dangerous situation is nice. All the establishing shots of the boat slowly gliding up the river add to the isolation and a sense that it's not just people splashing around in a cozy studio. It's not exactly Aguirre, but it's closer to that than to Sharknado.

The actual monster…

• Chester H

★★★★ Added by Chester H

More than just a fun B movie. Jennifer Lopez vs giant blood thirsty snakes! What more do you want from a film?

• Derenzo

★★½ Added by Derenzo

"They got snakes out there this big?!"

• Robert Berlin

★★½ Watched by Robert Berlin 28 Oct, 2015

Spooky Scary Horrorthons 2 - Film #26

Anaconda is a very forgettable monster flick. A cast of characters that are walking clicheés and some really outdated special effects doesn't help it one bit. BUT! In the midst of all this generic nonsense there is Jon Voight playing one of the sleaziest characters that I've seen in a North-American mainstream film. As soon as he shows up you know that he will be nothing but trouble. When the other characters believed…

• Fish

★★ Rewatched by Fish 23 Oct, 2015

I make my feelings about Jennifer Lopez quite clear; she is unattractive but looks and personality, she cannot sing, and she cannot act. Who would think that she would be one of the better aspects of this film?

'Anaconda' is a monster movie, no matter how you try and dress it up, but like many big monster it get's caught up trying to build it's characters up to needlessly, and distracts away from the monster in question. The evil of…

• Amund

★★½ Watched by Amund 19 Oct, 2015

Anaconda is without a doubt the best comedy of 1997, and the greatest riverboat adventure since Apocalypse Now. Jon Voight delivers an incredible performance that will live on forever. How the Academy managed to overlook his stunning work here is nothing less than a disaster. I mean when your movie shows the same scene of a boat going forwards twice, but playing it backwards the second time, with a waterfall in the background where the water is clearly going upwards, you know you have found a true masterpiece.

By the way, is the horrifying snake meant to look like Sir Hiss from Robin Hood?

• Lise Monsen

★★★½ Watched by Lise Monsen 19 Oct, 2015

Not gonna lie: I enjoyed it. Jon Voight is a psycho snake hunter. Jon Voight makes some really weird facial expressions. Jon Voight has got a really strange accent. Paraguay? I'm not convinced, but hell, that's one of the things that makes it so amazing. J.Lo's boyfriend lies in bed sick from his wasp sting while she saves the day with her buddy Ice Cube, running from a flying snake on fire. This is good.

• Jesse Schwab

★★½ Added by Jesse Schwab

Jon Voight steals the show par none. Oh. And Ice Cubes float.

• Omar Ahmed

★★★★ Watched by Omar Ahmed 18 Oct, 2015

Benicio Del Toro, Javier Bardem, Edward James Olmos, Andy Garcia, Mario Lopez, George Lopez, Antonio Banderas, Cheech Marin, Luis Guzman, Raul Julia, John Leguizamo, Desi Arnaz, Michael Peña, Ricardo Montalban, Danny Trejo, Jon Voight.

One of these things is not like the others.

• tobe_whooper

★★★ Watched by tobe_whooper 17 Oct, 2015

It's obvious Jon Voight had more fun making this than anybody ever had watching it.
    That being said, between Voight's ubermensch, the rest of the affable cast, and the man vs. nature themes, there's a lot here to like--if you can ignore the primitive CGI and dopey script.

Cf. Congo

• Dave Holmes

★★★★ Added by Dave Holmes

One of the most entertaining "bad" movies I've ever seen. Great Jaws-rip off premise, cool locations and - apart from boring J-Lo and Stoltz - awesome hammy acting. Hyde is brilliant and Wuhrer is SO sexy and Voight absolutely hilarious - chewing every bit of scenery that it's a wonder there's anything LEFT of the Brazilian rain forest. This is B-movie, low(ish) budget (who-will-live?) creature feature at its finest. Dodgy effects (perhaps even by mid-90s standards) may seem laughable, but…

• PsychoSavager

Added by PsychoSavager

What little I remember, I remember being terrible.