• Cipriano

★★★½ Watched by Cipriano 13 Feb, 2015

Smart, funny, you know... pure Woody Allen.

• Old Shuck

★★½ Watched by Old Shuck 16 Jan, 2015

Christina Ricci is really not good in this. She may have big eyes and wander around in her underwear for a fair portion of the film but that isn't enough to make up for how bad she is in this role.

Woody is Woody and Jason Biggs is ... well, he's also Woody.

Admittedly it is pretty funny at times but Cristina Ricci ... really awful.

Jerry Falk "I was just saying how strange life is, how it's full of inexplicable mystery."
    Cab Driver "Well, you know, it's like anything else."

• PezEspada

★★★★ Watched by PezEspada 03 Jan, 2015

Creo que el consenso general con esta película es que es mala así que como no sé cómo convencer a nadie comentaré que está muy chulo ir comparándola con Annie Hall porque tienen un montón de puntos en común.

• Adam Redman

★★★★ Watched by Adam Redman 31 Dec, 2014

It works. Jason Biggs is the best Woody-surrogate we've ever had - he plays it like a Jason Biggs role, not as a mere Woody Allen impression, and the film is all the better for it. He has great chemistry with Woody and their scenes together are the film's highlights.

• Jaume Vaquer

★★★★★ Watched by Jaume Vaquer 18 Dec, 2014

Música de jazz, los rótulos con la tipografía de siempre, Nueva York, psiquiatras, agentes inútiles de artistas, escritores con problemas, parejas en crisis, un tono agridulce.
    Todo lo hemos visto ya en otros films de Woody Allen. Pero qué bien mezclado está todo en ésta, tanto lo dramático como lo cómico.
    Le daría cuatro estrellas. El resto se lo doy por una frase que me parece genial y memorable: "Si alguien subiera al escenario del Carnegie Hall y vomitara, seguro que algunos dirían que eso es arte".

• Joe DiCanio

★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 01 Jul, 2011

Rating: B

• Iturbinho

★★½ Watched by Iturbinho 06 Sep, 2014

Jason Biggs como MAL imitador de Woody Allen que lo intenta demasiado y no consigue llegar. Woody Allen como un BUEN imitador de Woody Allen que, pese a que parezca escrita y dirigida sin mucho interés, hace algunas cosas bien, sobre todo cuando aparece él mismo en pantalla, recordándonos lo pobre que es la imitación de Biggs.
    De vez en cuando hasta es divertida, pero la química entre Christina Ricci y Biggs yo no la he visto. No la hay.…

• the_narrator

★★★½ Watched by the_narrator 31 Aug, 2014 1

I'm not through with his filmography yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I am bound to be the ultimate Woody Allen apologist. A viewing of Curse of the Jade Scorpion should be in order to test this theory.

• Luke Ibbetson

★★½ Watched by Luke Ibbetson 25 Aug, 2014

Very enjoyable Woody Allen film, but one of his lesser works. Learned loads of new words.

• Caty Alexandre

★★½ Watched by Caty Alexandre 16 Aug, 2014

Anything Else is another typical Woody Allen romcom, with the usual insecure and neurotic main character, dealing with problems in a relationship.

I think it was the first time that I felt so annoyed by a Woody Allen film. I’ve seen a lot of his films and I really like Woody’s work. The way he writes and how the simplicity of his stories can be so engaging and interesting to watch. This story is like many others that Woody has…

• Rti03

★★ Watched by Rti03 16 Aug, 2014

"Women. Camus said that women are all that we're ever going to know of paradise on earth. In your case, Falk, there is a seminal joke that Henny Youngman used to tell that I think is perfect. It sums it up perfectly as far as you go:
    Guy comes into a doctor's office. He says, 'Doc, it hurts when I do this.' The doctor says, 'Don't do it.'
    Think about that.

-Dobel

I'm trying to get around some of the…

• Stephen Earnest

★★★ Watched by Stephen Earnest 28 Jul, 2014 4

The general consensus on Jason Biggs here is that he was miscast, but I’m slightly hesitant to pull that card. Rather, for me, what doesn’t work is that the connection between he and Christina Ricci is less than present. Maybe they didn’t have any of that good ol’ fashioned acting chemistry, maybe neither of them had a handle on the screenplay or maybe—just maybe—the screenplay doesn’t do a great job of tracing the ups and downs of their romance convincingly.…