• JayKay99

★★★½ Watched by JayKay99 18 Jul, 2014

Much better than I was anticipating. It's never great, nor bad, it's mostly okay but it is funny and there's substance there. Allen gives an excellent comedic performance but I thought Jason Biggs was miscast, he was completely overshadowed by Woody in their scenes together. The camerawork is pretty interesting and the dialogue is witty. Liked the fact that it felt like an update on Annie Hall, but this time it was pro LA and even anti Manhattan. Although Biggs breaking the fourth wall and talking to the camera would've been much more effective as voice over.

• Gustavo H.R.

★★★ Watched by Gustavo H.R. 17 Jul, 2014

Jason effin' Biggs doing the Woody Allen routine? Next to the real Woody? No can do.

• Criterion10

★★★ Watched by Criterion10 11 Jul, 2014

Nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. Rough around the edges, and the story isn't quite up to snuff, yet there are still interesting remnants found throughout. Though, there is something oddly bizarre watching Jason Biggs give the leading performance in a Woody Allen film.

• Matt Fisher

★★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 06 Jul, 2014

Definitely made during Woody's unfocused period; there's no great moral or lesson other than once cray always cray so get out while the getting is good. Still funny, I found myself laughing out loud several times and Jason Biggs was uncharacteristically great and I know that Quentin Tarantino put this as one of his top 20 favorite films since 1992 if that's worth anything.

• MrBlers

★★½ Watched by MrBlers 04 Jul, 2014

Comedieta que no transmite nada. Lo único que se salva es Christina Ricci, buen papel de hormonas alteradas, en todos los sentidos.

• Thomas McCallum

★★★½ Watched by Thomas McCallum 30 Apr, 2014 1

Performances : 7.8/10
    Story : 7.5/10
    Production : 6/10
    Overall : 7.1/10

I only have two things to say.

Firstly - do not avoid this because Jason Biggs is in it. He does a fantastic job of playing the best Woody Allen that Woody never played.

Second - whenever you're right, strive for originality. But if you have to steal, steal from the best.

• Samuel Oliveira

★★½ Watched by Samuel Oliveira 21 Apr, 2014

Depois de ir e voltar da europa, Anything Else é um quase pastelão da série de filmes medianos de Woody Allen.
    Allen médio pra bom

• Dylan Visvikis

★★★½ Watched by Dylan Visvikis 28 Feb, 2014

"We just saw Elaine Stritch on Broadway, she was great! Wanna do some cocaine?" - Paula Chase (Stockard Channing)

Even when Woody's off his game, he's still got it. There are some damn-near classic Woody lines in this film. For example:

Amanda (Christina Ricci): I've had a crush on you since we met. Couldn't you tell, the way I was ignoring you?
    Jerry Falk (Jason Biggs): Well, there was something compelling about your apathy.

The problem with the movie is…

• Flash Stabone

★★★★★ Rewatched by Flash Stabone 25 Feb, 2014

My second favorite Woody Allen film.

I absolutely adore this film! The real message of the film is the one message out of all of Allen's work that I can relate to the most...you can and should only rely on yourself. Trust in yourself that you know what will make you truly happy in life and go for it...take a chance every now and then...leave everything in your life that you spent what could be years working on behind and…

• mazzyhope815

★★½ Watched by mazzyhope815 17 Jan, 2013

Not the worst Woody ever, and charming in parts, but the Christina Ricci character is so one-note and Jason Biggs’ character so spineless that it gets a little tiresome.

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★ Rewatched by Justin Purwitsky 03 Aug, 2009

Interesting Woody Allen film this one is. It's funny, it's cold, it's a nightmare. Biggs plays a great if naive guy while Ricci plays the most selfish crazy in-grating female to ever walk the earth.

You can't help but feel bad for Biggs and laugh at him too. A little overlong, a little to uncomfortable but still a pretty decent film that so far has gotten better with every watch (3 times so far). Maybe next time I'll bump the rating up a bit? Who knows...

70/100

• Marshall Granger

★★★½ Watched by Marshall Granger 09 Feb, 2014

A bit difficult to accept Jason Biggs as, basically, a young Woody Allen, especially in something so relative to Allen's own "Annie Hall". However, Biggs can be uncomfortable to watch because he is genuinely so.
    This entry in the expansive filmography of Woody Allen has always seemed like it would fall to the lower end, but I was surprised. If anything, it's some of the best camerawork of his films, apparently being only the second to "Manhattan" to shoot in anamorphic widescreen.