• Jeremy Heilman

★★★½ Watched by Jeremy Heilman 21 Jul, 2015

While not quite one of Woody Allen’s very best films, the terminally underrated Anything Else is clearly one of his best-directed efforts. At the very least, it marks a significant turning point in Allen’s body of work. For one, it is an early demonstration of his recent predilection toward elaborately choreographed long takes. Secondly, the film’s ending, in which two hours of impotent rage and separation anxiety culminates in a decision to abandon New York City, presages the journeyman phase…

• mrmaguda

½ Added by mrmaguda

This is the only Woody Allen film I've ever seen. I was forced to see it at the insistence of my editor at my college newspaper. It's genuinely regarded as his worst movie which is probably why I never got around to watching another one. What follows is my review from my college newspaper. My editor deserves credit for the headline: "Almost 'Anything Else' But This"
    ----------------------------------------
    The new romantic comedy, Anything Else, signifies an attempt by 67 year old…

• PhilParma

★★★ Added by PhilParma

Woody Allen is a joke writer. In this movie he plays a character who is a joke writer. Which I'm all for, because no one can deliver a Woody Allen joke as well as Woody Allen: "Crazy? She IS crazy. The Pentagon should use her hormones for chemical warfare!"

• seasondays

★★½ Watched by seasondays 12 Jul, 2015

such an uneven film, every single thing works at times and does not even come close to working at others; nothing wrong with unlikeable characters but BIGGS & RICCI did not have the skills to deliver the performances to make things work.

• the_narrator

★★★½ Rewatched by the_narrator 13 Jul, 2015 6

I still have yet to watch All the President's Men or Apocalypse Now. I have now watched Anything Else two times.

• Tiago Massoni

★★★½ Watched by Tiago Massoni 05 Jul, 2015

Great in a strange and simple way.

• Spesh to Death

★★★★ Added by Spesh to Death

Screw the haters

• Michiel Venmans

★★½ Watched by Michiel Venmans 09 Jun, 2015

(La vie et tout le reste)
    Mijn Woody Allen queeste continues. Deze heb ik gezien op aanraden van Tarantino zijn favoriete filmlijst. Komt nog niet tot aan de tenen van Husbands and Wives en Manhattan maar oké heb me ermee geamuseerd. Ik ben blijf fan.

• Rosp

★★★★ Added by Rosp

Nota = 8

• _Jorgos

★★★ Watched by _Jorgos 23 May, 2015

Chuckled consistently but nothing particularly memorable.

• Daniel Levine

Watched by Daniel Levine 08 May, 2015

Surprisingly, this was a pleasant movie. A little on the long side, but Jason Biggs wasn't that bad.

• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 23 Mar, 2015

Jerry Falk: "Do you love me?"

Amanda: "What a question. Just because I pull away when you touch me?"

Anything Else was written and directed by Woody Allen and he also stars in the film. Jason Biggs and Christina Ricci are in the film as well. Biggs is really good and Ricci is pretty good. Woody himself is hilarious as always and is probably the highlight of the film. My biggest problem with this one was that the characters just…