• Luke Ibbetson

★★½ Watched by Luke Ibbetson 25 Aug, 2014

Very enjoyable Woody Allen film, but one of his lesser works. Learned loads of new words.

• Caty Alexandre

★★½ Watched by Caty Alexandre 16 Aug, 2014

Anything Else is another typical Woody Allen romcom, with the usual insecure and neurotic main character, dealing with problems in a relationship.

I think it was the first time that I felt so annoyed by a Woody Allen film. I’ve seen a lot of his films and I really like Woody’s work. The way he writes and how the simplicity of his stories can be so engaging and interesting to watch. This story is like many others that Woody has…

• Rti03

★★ Watched by Rti03 16 Aug, 2014

"Women. Camus said that women are all that we're ever going to know of paradise on earth. In your case, Falk, there is a seminal joke that Henny Youngman used to tell that I think is perfect. It sums it up perfectly as far as you go:
    Guy comes into a doctor's office. He says, 'Doc, it hurts when I do this.' The doctor says, 'Don't do it.'
    Think about that.

-Dobel

I'm trying to get around some of the…

• Stephen Earnest

★★★ Watched by Stephen Earnest 28 Jul, 2014 4

The general consensus on Jason Biggs here is that he was miscast, but I’m slightly hesitant to pull that card. Rather, for me, what doesn’t work is that the connection between he and Christina Ricci is less than present. Maybe they didn’t have any of that good ol’ fashioned acting chemistry, maybe neither of them had a handle on the screenplay or maybe—just maybe—the screenplay doesn’t do a great job of tracing the ups and downs of their romance convincingly.…

• JayKay99

★★★½ Watched by JayKay99 18 Jul, 2014

Much better than I was anticipating. It's never great, nor bad, it's mostly okay but it is funny and there's substance there. Allen gives an excellent comedic performance but I thought Jason Biggs was miscast, he was completely overshadowed by Woody in their scenes together. The camerawork is pretty interesting and the dialogue is witty. Liked the fact that it felt like an update on Annie Hall, but this time it was pro LA and even anti Manhattan. Although Biggs breaking the fourth wall and talking to the camera would've been much more effective as voice over.

• Gustavo H.R.

★★★ Watched by Gustavo H.R. 17 Jul, 2014

Jason effin' Biggs doing the Woody Allen routine? Next to the real Woody? No can do.

• Criterion10

★★★ Watched by Criterion10 11 Jul, 2014

Nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. Rough around the edges, and the story isn't quite up to snuff, yet there are still interesting remnants found throughout. Though, there is something oddly bizarre watching Jason Biggs give the leading performance in a Woody Allen film.

• Matt Fisher

★★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 06 Jul, 2014

Definitely made during Woody's unfocused period; there's no great moral or lesson other than once cray always cray so get out while the getting is good. Still funny, I found myself laughing out loud several times and Jason Biggs was uncharacteristically great and I know that Quentin Tarantino put this as one of his top 20 favorite films since 1992 if that's worth anything.

• MrBlers

★★½ Watched by MrBlers 04 Jul, 2014

Comedieta que no transmite nada. Lo único que se salva es Christina Ricci, buen papel de hormonas alteradas, en todos los sentidos.

• Thomas McCallum

★★★½ Watched by Thomas McCallum 30 Apr, 2014 1

Performances : 7.8/10
    Story : 7.5/10
    Production : 6/10
    Overall : 7.1/10

I only have two things to say.

Firstly - do not avoid this because Jason Biggs is in it. He does a fantastic job of playing the best Woody Allen that Woody never played.

Second - whenever you're right, strive for originality. But if you have to steal, steal from the best.

• Samuel Oliveira

★★½ Watched by Samuel Oliveira 21 Apr, 2014

Depois de ir e voltar da europa, Anything Else é um quase pastelão da série de filmes medianos de Woody Allen.
    Allen médio pra bom

• Dylan Visvikis

★★★½ Watched by Dylan Visvikis 28 Feb, 2014

"We just saw Elaine Stritch on Broadway, she was great! Wanna do some cocaine?" - Paula Chase (Stockard Channing)

Even when Woody's off his game, he's still got it. There are some damn-near classic Woody lines in this film. For example:

Amanda (Christina Ricci): I've had a crush on you since we met. Couldn't you tell, the way I was ignoring you?
    Jerry Falk (Jason Biggs): Well, there was something compelling about your apathy.

The problem with the movie is…