• Mike

★★★★½ Watched by Mike 25 Feb, 2015

As one of those movies about "the true spirit of Christianity" this is pretty broad in spots, kind of a Mom movie, but I love it just the same. It's hard not to when it's not taking itself nearly as seriously as you'd think a film set in a strict 19th century Danish religious community would. One of the best moments comes when the resident cook, a mysterious French woman, decides she's going to cook an elaborate meal that is…

• Harrison Tucker

★★★★ Added by Harrison Tucker

Babette's Feast>Instagram food pics

• John Paul Ryan

★★★★★ Added by John Paul Ryan

Some people say that the best films are those with "groundbreaking special effects" like Lord of the Rings, or ones with "innovative and engaging story lines" like Inception. However, Pope Francis has identified this film, Babette's Feast, as his personal favorite. As I sat down to rewatch it, I couldn't help but playfully scratch my head in wonder and giggle to myself. "This was his favorite movie?" I gurgled, "I remember watching this in religion class and I thought it…

• andylove

★★ Watched by andylove 18 Jan, 2015

DVD

• 'Becca'lise

★★★★ Watched by 'Becca'lise 17 Jan, 2015

Beautifully captures a time and place. Loved the music and its quiet confidence.

(Not gonna lie though...some of those dinner prep scenes made this vegetarian cringe!)

• Greg Wright

★★★★ Watched by Greg Wright 15 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Goooooooooood
    Foooooooooood

• Joel Mayward

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joel Mayward 14 Jan, 2015

A parable of grace so delicious, even a person with severe food allergies can appreciate it.*

*Contains gluten.

• Kirstin Marcon

Rewatched by Kirstin Marcon 11 Jan, 2015

This films makes you think about art and what people will sacrifice for it. My teenager and I were both moved to tears at the end.

• Seanery

★★★★ Watched by Seanery 06 Jan, 2015

Warning: this movie will make you hungry for food you (probably) can't afford. It's a lovely story though, and I was thoroughly charmed by the end.

However, there was one thing that drove me nuts. The story concerns two sisters, whom we see in old age and youth, but the actresses who play their younger versions look like the opposites their older counterparts. That is to say, the taller sister has deeper eyes and more pronounced features while the other…

• Will Ellis

★★★★★ Watched by Will Ellis 22 Dec, 2014

This movie really was a revelation. While I have a strong sense of what I got out of it, I'm certain I've only just begun to understand it. Despite the film seemingly offering blatant explanations of what it was trying to say, full comprehension seems to have eluded me. The entire time I was being pulled along through the story by the emotional heft and magnetism embued in every moment. I will definitely need to watch this again, and I know I will be having small epiphanies about this film for years to come.

• KasperL

★★ Watched by KasperL 01 Dec, 2014

The production values are high, but the movie SUPER-uninteresting.

• ILoveFilm1998

★★★★½ Watched by ILoveFilm1998 07 Dec, 2014 2

Grounded in strong characters, and wonderfully human performances, "Babette's Feast" is extremely touching in it's simplicity. The photography is beautiful, and the third act is a wonder of film-making to behold.