• Cedric B

★★★★★ Watched by Cedric B 25 Mar, 2015

Like the impossible miracle of life, nature, belief, and thought, Baraka transcends and exceeds the grasp of words for explanation or analysis. That is why I have no words, only stirred spirituality and emotion.

• Hamus

Watched by Hamus 20 Mar, 2015

There's no way in hell this can compare to Koyaanisqatsi.

What Baraka attempted to do was film whatever looked the most foreign to Westerners and threw them into a stirring pot without any central purpose. What you get is the sloppy mess they feed to pigs. Individually, you can get a few "Oooh"s and "Aaah"s out of the shots but there's nothing to hold them together as a film.

Koyaanisqatsi took the things we were familiar with and, in a…

• evlkeith

★★★ Watched by evlkeith 16 Mar, 2015

More of an experience than a film, this wordless trip around the world is breathtaking at many times. I had to watch it in three sittings though. It kept sending me into a hypnotic trance.

The blu-ray transfer is gorgeous, one of the best I've seen, a show case for the technology.

This is a hard one to rate. Some of the sights are five star sights, but it's the difficulty of watching that brings it down somewhat.

• sailordanae

★★★★★ Watched by sailordanae 07 Mar, 2015

If ever a movie should be called poetic, this is that movie. This is most a work of art, a creation of tone, image, and theme. It is also stunningly, magnificently beautiful.

Humanity reaches for, longs for, a spiritual connection. Perhaps it is found in religion, perhaps in community, perhaps in nature. But our commodified civilization, and humanity's cruelty (to each other, to other creatures, to nature) drive us away from each other and further from true spiritual connection.

A film everyone ought to see, yet a film that is not for everyone. A moving, powerful composition, meditative, forceful, simple and profound.

• Chris Newar

★★★★★ Watched by Chris Newar 01 Mar, 2015

wow... after a long week of watching a tonne of movies I just threw this on while I was folding clothes. as the movie went on members of my family started wandering in wondering what I was watching. each one stayed, glued to the screens, my kids asked a million questions about what we were watching.

As beautiful footage as you will ever see. the combination of music and footage was perfect. no words necessary the movie moves like a symphony. amazing

• Omidion

★★★★★ Added by Omidion

If aliens were to ask you "where are you from?", you would just give them this film to watch. This is Earth, this is life, this is what we are.

• Boost

★★★★ Added by Boost

Made for IMAX. Dated, still full of awe, wonder and amazement though. Fantastic.

"A cinematic gap year of forest temples, baking deserts and teeming cities."
    - Robbie Collin, Daily Telegraph

"Nothing in this epic visual poem is less than extraordinary."
    - Hal Hinson, Washington Post

• emilio

★★★★ Watched by emilio 07 Feb, 2015

BARAKA is a beautiful documentary with no narration or plot: it consists of beautiful 70mm footage from all over the world, compiled and ordered with minimal structure and narrative.

There are fantastic moments throughout. I don't think the Tomb of Pope Alexander has ever looked as amazing as it does here, except for maybe in person. The dazzling interior of Shah Cheragh, an Iranian mosque, made my jaw drop. There are countless gorgeous nature shots as well, including a contemplative…

• agrayspace

★★★½ Watched by agrayspace 18 Jul, 2002

I cried like a baby after seeing this in the theatre. i can't explain why.

• Anthony Albarran

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

I just picked this up on Blu-Ray. Hands down this is the best looking disk I have ever seen. If you own a Blu-Ray player if any kind, just go buy this disk to show off the budding format.nnOh yeah, and the movie is pretty great as well. The cinematography is simply amazing.

• Alex Tasselli

★★ Watched by Alex Tasselli 21 Jan, 2015

I'm going to go round filming people in East London and call it 'u wot m8'

• Angelica92

Added by Angelica92

Εκπληκτικό, σε αφήνει με το στόμα ανοιχτό...