• Christopher Wilson

★★★★★ Added by Gergely Borz

Örök darab

• Nick Sutera

★★★★ Watched by Nick Sutera 31 Dec, 2014

How am I supposed to rate this? I was really high.

One thing I am sure of: There was much enjoyment.

• Heljar Wilhelmsen

★★★½ Watched by Heljar Wilhelmsen 31 Dec, 2014 4

Lesser things than Baraka have turned people religious, created wars and doomed entire groups of people.

Baraka is quite the powerful film, as the photographed sequences of various people in their natural habitat and scenes from sacred sites and religious temples, portray the world we human live in. And the world we have created.

There's a marriage between music and imagery here that elevates every single minute from the state of pretty pictures to a profoundly moving experience. It's hard…

• c. Rich

★★★★ Watched by c. Rich 22 Dec, 2014

Awesome!

• lobsta

Watched by lobsta 23 Nov, 2014

Watched with subtitles, 1/4 volume with a drink and the very best of the doors full 2cd album. Absolutely Amazing

• Maria Crowe

★★★★½ Added by Maria Crowe

If you want to get visually lost in a documentary. This is what's gonna do it.
    You don't watch this for the story, but yet all these images unfold in front of your eyes.
    Cannot wait to watch the sequel to this.
    PS if you really want to be mindfucked by this, watch it when stoned.

• Michi

★★★★★ Watched by Michi 03 Nov, 2014

Baraka showcases mesmerizing photography once again by Ron Fricke, who also shot Koyaanisqatsi (1982). Unlike the latter, this gives us a glimpse through various cultures around the world, but also synchronizing an enchanting score (by Michael Stearns) with each shot.

• Fsjallink

Direction: 8/10
    Pacing/Editing: 7/10

• Catherine Stebbins

★★★★ Rewatched by Catherine Stebbins 08 Jun, 2014

With its direct images, enveloping spiritualism, and earnest curiosity about globe-spanning rituals, a trek is made from hope in variety to despair in decimation, settling somewhere in the middle, like a peaceful reconciliation.

cinenthusiast.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/top-ten-by-year-1992-ten-honorable-mentions-edition/

• BazbauersT

★★★★ Added by BazbauersT

BEAUTIFUL

• Joshua Thomas

★★★★★ Added by Joshua Thomas

Tied with 2001: A Space Odyssey as the greatest experience you could ever get from watching a film/documentary. No words can describe how breath-taking and mind-blowing this really is!