• ingelis22

• Connor Adkins

★★★★★ Watched by Connor Adkins 27 Sep, 2015

• Guilherme Miranda

★★★★ Watched by Guilherme Miranda 04 Oct, 2015

1h30 de "eeeee olha ai o mundaooo"

• Prasath

★★★★★ Watched by Prasath 21 Sep, 2015

Stunning Visuals...........

• St-Christian Aldrin

★★★★½ Rewatched by St-Christian Aldrin 28 Aug, 2015

A sober re-watch.

• St-Christian Aldrin

★★★★½ Watched by St-Christian Aldrin 26 Aug, 2015

Even in a film that couldn’t do justice to our vast strangely beautiful world, you just couldn’t help feeling so insignificantly tiny. Well, I don’t think it is possible that a single film could imitate or capture the entirety of our world, all may try but all will fail. With less than a hundred minutes in its running time, Baraka will always felt so short.

• Brian Stack

★★★★½ Added by Brian Stack

This spiritual successor to Godfrey Reggio's Koyaanisquati (1982) was directed by Ron Fricke, the cinematographer of the earlier film.

Containing no narrative, it's a series of long tracking shots of people and places from around the world, often using time-lapse photography: the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, oil fields in Kuwait, Auschwitz, African tribal ceremonies, a crowded subway terminal. It's National Geographic without interpretive voice overs.

A statement about the interconnectedness of humanity, it's a breathtaking, beautiful film highlighting the diversity of the world and the wonder of creation

• Elliot Fane

★★★★ Watched by Elliot Fane 28 Jul, 2015

Ron Fricke's 2012 journey across the world with 'Samsara' is probably my all-time favourite documentary with some of the best cinematography ever put to screen, so I was so excited to see his earlier trip around the globe with 'Baraka', which I really enjoyed!

The cinematography is amazing, with some visuals being unbelievably beautiful when paired with the well orchestrated score. I think it needed some more hard hitting imagery, or shots that just blow the audience away (as he…

• pirs

★★★★ Watched by pirs 24 Jul, 2015

It's interesting how much a movie can say and imply without a script or words.

Baraka shows footage of life itself. The human experience. Not social interactions, but how we interact with nature and the laws we build ourselves. It was shot on over 24 countries, mostly on Asia and Africa. The second act has some of the most interesting juxtapositions I've seen. Think Chaplin's Modern Times.

There's an eastern dance or religious ritual and, as westerns, it seems so…

• Barxday

★★★½ Watched by Barxday 22 Jul, 2015

Although not as magical, due to not having Philip Glass as the composer, and not as coherent as Koyaanisqatsi, Baraka has astounding beautiful and mesmerizing imagery.

• Jack Keane

★★★★★ Watched by Jack Keane 13 Jul, 2015

From IMDb:
    '"Baraka" is an ancient Sufi word, which can be translated as "a blessing, or the breath, or the essence of life from which the evolutionary process unfolds."'

This is what cinema was made for.

This is what epic film-making should aspire to be.

This is a perfect example of a perfect marriage between moving image and musical score.

This is a film that you sink into...a film that washes over you, like clouds roving over mountains...a film…

• Daniel Webb

★★★★½ Rewatched by Daniel Webb 12 Jul, 2015

Saying goodbye to my film collection, part 4.