• Omidion

★★★★★ Added by Omidion

If aliens were to ask you "where are you from?", you would just give them this film to watch. This is Earth, this is life, this is what we are.

• Boost

★★★★ Added by Boost

Made for IMAX. Dated, still full of awe, wonder and amazement though. Fantastic.

"A cinematic gap year of forest temples, baking deserts and teeming cities."
    - Robbie Collin, Daily Telegraph

"Nothing in this epic visual poem is less than extraordinary."
    - Hal Hinson, Washington Post

• emilio

★★★★ Watched by emilio 07 Feb, 2015

BARAKA is a beautiful documentary with no narration or plot: it consists of beautiful 70mm footage from all over the world, compiled and ordered with minimal structure and narrative.

There are fantastic moments throughout. I don't think the Tomb of Pope Alexander has ever looked as amazing as it does here, except for maybe in person. The dazzling interior of Shah Cheragh, an Iranian mosque, made my jaw drop. There are countless gorgeous nature shots as well, including a contemplative…

• agrayspace

★★★½ Watched by agrayspace 18 Jul, 2002

I cried like a baby after seeing this in the theatre. i can't explain why.

• Anthony Albarran

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

I just picked this up on Blu-Ray. Hands down this is the best looking disk I have ever seen. If you own a Blu-Ray player if any kind, just go buy this disk to show off the budding format.nnOh yeah, and the movie is pretty great as well. The cinematography is simply amazing.

• Alex Tasselli

★★ Watched by Alex Tasselli 21 Jan, 2015

I'm going to go round filming people in East London and call it 'u wot m8'

• Angelica92

Added by Angelica92

Εκπληκτικό, σε αφήνει με το στόμα ανοιχτό...

• NSlater90

★★★★★ Watched by NSlater90 29 Jan, 2015

One of the most beautiful film experiences I've had. As a film without dialogue or plot you have to rely on sound and image, and this film delivers both in spades. Much like Messrs Malick and Lubezki, Ron Fricke seems to see the world in a slightly different way to other film makers, and the results are breathtaking, humbling, heartbreaking, and awe inspiring.

• Christopher Wilson

★★★★★ Watched by Christopher Wilson 09 Jan, 2015

Breathtaking

• Gergely Borz

★★★★★ Added by Gergely Borz

Örök darab

• Nick Sutera

★★★★ Watched by Nick Sutera 31 Dec, 2014

How am I supposed to rate this? I was really high.

One thing I am sure of: There was much enjoyment.

• Heljar Wilhelmsen

★★★½ Watched by Heljar Wilhelmsen 31 Dec, 2014 4

Lesser things than Baraka have turned people religious, created wars and doomed entire groups of people.

Baraka is quite the powerful film, as the photographed sequences of various people in their natural habitat and scenes from sacred sites and religious temples, portray the world we human live in. And the world we have created.

There's a marriage between music and imagery here that elevates every single minute from the state of pretty pictures to a profoundly moving experience. It's hard…