• Joachim Andersson

★★★★ Added by Joachim Andersson 5

I'm not so sure I "got" the message, it's not as clear as Koyaanisqatsi but it still is one hell of a movie that looks gorgeous on blu.

• Joaquín Chávez

★★★★★ Watched by tavomama 08 May, 2014

perfect

• Nadav Pais-Greenapple

★★★★½ Watched by Nadav Pais-Greenapple 16 Feb, 2011

This film is a religious experience.

• shanderson88

★★★★★ Rewatched by shanderson88 17 Apr, 2014

Occasionally, I just want to sit down and watch a film, any film, as long as it fits into a specific genre. I might say "I'm in the mood for a comedy" or "I could go for a kick ass Sci Fi right now", and then I walk over to the wall o' film and find exactly what I am looking for to whet my appetite. As the clock struck midnight and a new day began, I realized what I…

• Blair Russell

★★★★★ Added by Blair Russell

It is difficult for me to think of what to say about this film, given that it is without narration and it's footage from across the world accompanied perfectly by an astonishing and unique musical score from Michael Stearns... and what the movie means and what it's about is up to interpretation by the viewer.

I won't reveal what my opinions are as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen the film yet. But, I say…

• Elspeth Grant

★★★★ Watched by Elspeth Grant 13 Mar, 2014

Interesting

• Jeff Hannah

★★★★ Rewatched by Jeff Hannah 31 Mar, 2014

Still absolutely stunning in terms of visual presentation. It has some of my favorite shots in cinema (particularly, the one aerial shot where the reflective water and sky merge seamlessly) and is about as effective as any travelogue can be.

But it feels about 20 min too long and gets repetitive towards the end. It also comes close to preaching on more than one occasion (its successor, Samsara, is much worse offender there) and doesn't quite fit together as a…

• Bill Hogan

★★★★★ Watched by Bill Hogan 16 Mar, 2014

someone once said "if aliens ever visited earth, i would want this to be the film they watch to get a sense of who we really are." i couldn't agree more with this statement.

• Reece Roberts

★★★★★ Watched by Reece Roberts 13 Mar, 2014

This film is one of those films that will leave an audience speechless.
    It's captivating, if your not interested in the people or the cultures represented in the film then you are at least interested in the scenery, and the way they capture the magic of the locations they chose for this film.
    Every shot is masterfully crafted, and every shot tells a story, whether it gives a story of a person or a place or a culture.
    This film is a mid bending experience, showing just how tiny an individual is in the grand scheme of things

• Allen

★★★★★ Watched by Allen 03 Mar, 2014

Wow.

So many emotions, and none of them can be easily communicated. After having seen Reggio's Koyaanisqatsi (which I loved), I had very high expectations for Ron Fricke's film...and while I did anticipate some level of amazingness, I wasn't expecting it to be this incredible. Just truly spectacular, enchanting, breathtaking: and while I could throw around some more adjectives in an attempt to be descriptive, nothing I say would do this film any justice. Just go out and watch it, if you haven't. And if you have, then do yourself a favor and go watch it again.