• Patrick Goff

★★★★½ Added by Patrick Goff

Mind. Blown. Think this one will be a rite of passage to watch with my boys as they each turn 8 or so. My oldest (6) sat through some of it with me tonight but was a bit too young yet. This is the story of all of us. Gorgeous on Blu-Ray too.

• Ben

★★★★½ Watched by Ben 27 Jul, 2014

The other day I read a particularly glowing review of Linklater's Boyhood in which the reviewer said it was 'one of the fullest encapsulations of life ever committed to film'. Obviously, this was the opinion of a Caucasian male American.
    Ron Fricke's Baraka sweeps across millions of miles to ever nook and cranny of our planet earth to sniffle out the life we arent always aware of. It is positively bursting with life in all its forms. So in a…

• Joachim Andersson

★★★★ Added by Joachim Andersson 5

I'm not so sure I "got" the message, it's not as clear as Koyaanisqatsi but it still is one hell of a movie that looks gorgeous on blu.

• Joaquín Chávez

★★★★★ Watched by tavomama 08 May, 2014

perfect

• Nadav Pais-Greenapple

★★★★½ Watched by Nadav Pais-Greenapple 16 Feb, 2011

This film is a religious experience.

• shanderson88

★★★★★ Rewatched by shanderson88 17 Apr, 2014

Occasionally, I just want to sit down and watch a film, any film, as long as it fits into a specific genre. I might say "I'm in the mood for a comedy" or "I could go for a kick ass Sci Fi right now", and then I walk over to the wall o' film and find exactly what I am looking for to whet my appetite. As the clock struck midnight and a new day began, I realized what I…

• Blair Russell

★★★★★ Added by Blair Russell

It is difficult for me to think of what to say about this film, given that it is without narration and it's footage from across the world accompanied perfectly by an astonishing and unique musical score from Michael Stearns... and what the movie means and what it's about is up to interpretation by the viewer.

I won't reveal what my opinions are as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen the film yet. But, I say…

• Elspeth Grant

★★★★ Watched by Elspeth Grant 13 Mar, 2014

Interesting

• Jeff Hannah

★★★★ Rewatched by Jeff Hannah 31 Mar, 2014

Still absolutely stunning in terms of visual presentation. It has some of my favorite shots in cinema (particularly, the one aerial shot where the reflective water and sky merge seamlessly) and is about as effective as any travelogue can be.

But it feels about 20 min too long and gets repetitive towards the end. It also comes close to preaching on more than one occasion (its successor, Samsara, is much worse offender there) and doesn't quite fit together as a…

• Bill Hogan

★★★★★ Watched by Bill Hogan 16 Mar, 2014

someone once said "if aliens ever visited earth, i would want this to be the film they watch to get a sense of who we really are." i couldn't agree more with this statement.