• jdetrick

★★★½ Watched by jdetrick 26 Nov, 2014

I had no idea this was written and directed by one of the Zuckers; I had always assumed that, since Parker and Stone starred in it they had also written it. You can see some of the Zucker wit in evidence in the film, which has some of the absurdist elements of the earlier Zucker, Zucker and Abrahams films. It's not nearly as good as those films, but I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. A pleasantly silly little comedy.

• Johnathon Allen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Johnathon Allen 09 Dec, 2014

"No its not like horse!"

• GoodviewFilms

★★½ Rewatched by GoodviewFilms 17 Nov, 2014

Steve Perry!

• HotDonkeyBear

★★★★ Rewatched by HotDonkeyBear 01 Dec, 2014 2

From the people who brought you Naked Gun, Airplane and South Park comes a complete irreverent sports movie that outshines DodgeBall and the like.

Sure, this won't be everybody's cup of tea but BASEketball is played just to the right side of silly. The humour is dopey and crass, and the music and references are hideously dated but that just adds to the charm.

I love this movie.
    Although... it is weird hearing Mr Garrison and Cartman's voices spewing forth from Trey Parker sans animation.

Oh... and Reel Big Fish suck balls.

• Jeff

★★½ Watched by Jeff 19 Nov, 2014

Eh. It's interesting to see the South Park guys act in real life. Actually, I think they're pretty good dead-pan style comedians, and they would have worked as a comedy duo for more films. As it is, this movie is pretty dumb and not actually all that funny. I laughed a few times, though, so there's that. The story is maybe a step above what you might normally find in a mid to late-nineties comedy, but it's not the Godfather or something. Just an okay movie to put on.

• Gonzo

What I Learned:
    We need a new sport

• Andrew Davis

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Davis 19 Nov, 2014

The beginning of the film could have used some time to explain how the sport became a nationwide phenomenon and the crass humor doesn't always land, but "BASEketball" is still a funny and enjoyable satire of sports films, as well as the Major League sports world in general. Plus, it also serves as a pretty good sports movie in its own right.

• Sam D.

★½ Watched by Sam D. 16 Nov, 2014

You look at movies like Wet Hot American Summer, Pootie Tang, and Freddy Got Fingered, and there's no doubt those movies were unfairly maligned in their day. "The Critics" can be wrong! So that was the hope with BASEketball -- that there was some secret absurd gem to be found. Someone will have to look harder than me, because I couldn't find it.

It's not funny, is the thing. The entire Stone/Parker schtick -- on the page, and on the…

• Steve Williams

★★★★½ Added by Steve Williams

This was probably one of the Funnest movies I've seen in a while, jokes come at random and at full force while the story keeps simple, Trey and Matt are perfect in the roles as basically "themselves", topped with more legendary actor cameos, you can tell this was just one big fun project for the cast and crew. I would definitely watch this over and over again.

• Lyndell Clark

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 16 Nov, 2014

"We gotta get jobs. Then we get the khakis. Then we get the chicks."

• turnaboutint

★★★ Rewatched by turnaboutint 11 Nov, 2014

Ska's shining moment in the sun

• Chris Drake

★★½ Added by Chris Drake

I think I was in a coma for the entirety of the 90s because I don't believe some of the things that happened during it.