• Boost

★★★ Watched by Boost 17 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Lily Ho

★★★½ Watched by Lily Ho 05 Mar, 2014

Bat Without Wings is a fantasy wu xia pian - swordsplay film - by Chor Yuan. In fact the film is easily a typical the style of his films : multitude of characters, fantasy/magic contents giving some mysterious feeling (adding the constant fog and even some kind of horror/ghost aspects), linked sub-stories with conspiricies, betrayals and plot twists, the importance of the set design and even in the way it's shot (sometimes the characters are shot in backround surrounded in…

• Sean Frost

★★½ Watched by Sean Frost 23 Jun, 2013

I gave up trying to follow all of the double-crosses and reveals, and I sat back to let the crazy just wash over me. A silly good time was had by me.

• Joe

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 21 Oct, 2012 3

When I first saw this about a year and a half ago I think I described it as being akin to a "Mario Bava Shaw Brothers movie." That description isn't inaccurate but it also ignores the fact that way too much of this movie is standard vaguely confusing Shaw Brothers walking around and talking. Still, you have to accept a little bit of that as just part of the form, and once you do you'll see a pretty entertaining and interesting kung fu movie, with lots of horror movie atmosphere on the side.

• louisp

★★★★★ Watched by louisp 10 Jun, 2012

anytime guys fight with giant pitchforks im sold

• Alan Dorich

★★★ Watched by Alan Dorich 11 Apr, 2012

Enjoyable action madness from the Shaw Brothers that features a villain who wears makeup like a member of KISS, a helping of gore and a finale where people fight as they go insane. What's not to like?