• alfonso

★★★★ Watched by alfonso 24 Aug, 2016

quisiera cualquiera de los batman modernos tener escenas como la del museo o el waltz del final.

• ratna1969

★★★★ Added by ratna1969

Tim Burton's take on Batman, is quite good, though overshadowed later by Nolan's trilogy. He brings back the dark brooding atmosphere, and Jack Nicholson makes for a great Joker.

• Dan Scully

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dan Scully 20 Aug, 2016

This gets better every time I revisit. A few observations from this time around:

- This is Gotham. This is not New York, Chicago, or any of a number of surrogate cities. This is Gotham.

- This is THE Joker. No love lost for Heath Ledger, who came close, but Nicholson did it best. Additional thoughts here: cinedelphia.com/lets-give-the-joker-a-vacation/

- I love the Nolan trilogy, but the whole idea of putting Batman into the real world is weak gravy. Batman could…

• Jack R. Deso

★★★ Watched by Jack R. Deso 23 Aug, 2016

Jack Nicholson steals the show.

• Patrick Bratin

★★★½ Watched by Patrick Bratin 23 Aug, 2016

"You're insane!"
    "I thought I was a Pisces."

Having finally watched Batman all the way through this time around, I suspect nostalgia plays a big role in people's opinions of it.

First of all, I am not a fan of Tim Burton. I find him to be over-indulgent when creating a film's look and aesthetic. That said, his gothic, surrealist take on Gotham City is spectacular. The pointy, dilapidated skyscrapers and the pastel-coloured set backgrounds make the city a character…

• ghostdinosaur

Watched by ghostdinosaur 20 Aug, 2016 2

Relentlessly campy. But in a way I mostly found offputting, self-conscious, and rather joyless. The art destruction in the museum is a perfect microcosm of taking an idea that should be rambunctious and anarchic and rendering it flat and sort of embarrassing to witness.

• Carly

★★★½ Rewatched by Carly 05 Aug, 2016

once again blessed by tim burton and the beautiful dark aesthetic

• Joe

★★★½ Watched by Joe 21 Aug, 2016

When I was younger this movie was EVERYTHING to me. Now rewatching it in my 30's it's not only not a very good Batman movie, it's not a very good movie in general. It's still enjoyable but Tim Burton clearly never read a Batman comic in his life. I will say the set design was probably mind blowing at the time of release, I wish was able to have seen it in theaters. 3 stars as a movie, .5 stars…

• Satmbanco82

★★★★ Rewatched by Satmbanco82 21 Aug, 2016

Il vero Batman, in cui l'atmosfera è perfetta. Il dark è il vero dark è la natura nativa fumettistica del personaggio, non è stata tradita.
    Non condivido l'esaltazione per il Joker di Nicholson in quanto, l'istronico attore non interpreta il criminale ma fa il solito Nicholson di tutti i film.

• Kit Charlton

★★★★ Watched by Kit Charlton 21 Aug, 2016

Curse you comically long gun! Curse yooooooooouuuuuuuuu!!!!!

• GrantFDM

★★★½ Rewatched by GrantFDM 08 Aug, 2016

Has time been kind to Batman (1989)? I saw the movie on its first night at Canterbury’s Odeon cinema and I remember enjoying it.

Now, more than quarter of a century later, it still stands up pretty well. It was considered dark at the time and as far removed from 60s’ Batman as it was possible to get. Today it feels a lot closer than in tone to that than it does to the grim Christian Bale stuff.

Keaton’s good.…

• Scott W. Black

★★★ Watched by Scott W. Black 17 Aug, 2016

Certain aspects of this movie have not aged well.