• Brittany

★★ Watched by Brittany 28 Feb, 2015

Love Michael Keaton, but this film is dated, corny, and needs more Michael Keaton. Who is Batman? This movie does not show me.../corny

• Alexander Heff

★★★½ Added by Alexander Heff

The Dark Knight of Gotham City begins his war on crime with his first major enemy being the clownishly homicidal Joker.

Pretty weak storytelling saved by incredibly fascinating characters. Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson are both superb and their performances carry the film.

It seems pretty tame for Burton but it's entertaining non the less.

• Felix Hubble

★★★½ Watched by Felix Hubble 02 Mar, 2015

Jack fuckin' Nicholson

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

This was my sole interest in comics (I watched the old series too because we had the Family channel). I still like the second one better (if you've stumbled across any of my other reviews, you know why).

I also had a bat signal flashlight and a t-shirt which I refused to take off (which was endlessly frustrating to my parents).

Probably my fourth-favorite Tim Burton movie.

• Gabriel Martz

★★½ Watched by Gabriel Martz 27 Feb, 2015

Aesthetically it is great, like most of Burton's movies. Then you see the plot relies too much on coincidences until your suspension of disbelief commits suicide and the whole movie falls apart, also like in most of Burton's movies.

There is also a continuity error in the museum scene.

• CinemaManiac

★★★★ Added by CinemaManiac

Batman. this movie is amazing! it is probably one of Tim Burton's best work. batman is about Bruce Wayne who dresses up as a caped crusader at night called the batman. this movie probably has one of the best villain casting choices ever. Jack Nicholson as the joker. also Michael Keaton's performance was top notch. when the press released that Michael Keaton was announced the new batman every one hated the choice, really beetle juice! but when he put on…

• Ivica_Pusticki

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ivica_Pusticki 24 Feb, 2015 1

I decided to watch Batman again as a moral support to Michael Keaton and him being robbed at the Oscars! IMO he should have jump on the stage, grab Redmayne and ask him "You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"!

Anyway...Batman is still awesome! Love the soundtrack, love the effects, look of the movie...everything! Although I still prefer Batman Returns just for an inch...

• dantebk

★★★ Rewatched by dantebk 18 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Part 12 of my Comic Book Movies, Ranked project.

The following review contains spoilers.

Overview:

When career criminal Jack Napier has a run-in with a mysterious vigilante known as “The Bat-Man” he ends up getting knocked into a vat of dangerous chemicals. He emerges a changed man, with dyed white skin and green hair, his face frozen and twisted into a terrible grin. A newspaper headline about “The Bat” terrorizing the city gives him an idea: the citizens of Gotham…

• Dave Sloboda

★★★★ Added by Dave Sloboda

One of the most incredible movie-going experiences I've ever had. So much to love about this movie, even the soundtrack by Prince!

• Joe Heizer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Heizer 23 Feb, 2015

Holds up surprisingly well.

• fistofan0077

★★★½ Watched by fistofan0077 22 Feb, 2015

First time I have seen this as an adult (last time I saw it I was probably 6 or 7). It kind of holds up! Burton does create a gorgeously dark film (Those sets are to die for), and it really works as a decent old school batman film. There's certainly things that don't work (Prince's music, Robert Wuhl's character), but it mostly stays thoroughly entertaining throughout. Also: Jack Nicholson is almost always great.

• Jeremy Koh

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeremy Koh 21 Feb, 2015

"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist"

This movie holds up much better than I remember. The Elfman theme is iconic and much more memorable than anything Hans Zimmer attempts in Nolan's trilogy.

And although it's become vogue to anoint everything in Nolan's movies as superior to what comes before, Keaton and Nicholson put in masterful performances as Batman and the Joker - two sides of the same coin.

I think the mistake we all make is assuming…