• Signora Fosca

★★★★ Rewatched by Signora Fosca 13 Feb, 2016

Stylistically, this is one of Burton's finest achievements. A Batman adaptation that looks like a comic book, but honors the tone. And BATMAN has a terrific tone.

Burton's gravitation towards the bizarre and grotesque play into the mythos of Batman excellently. His aptitude at turning harmless figments into nightmarish visual concoctions seems tailored for the larger-than-life characters found in Bob Kane's comic series. BATMAN continues Burton's established tradition (this being his third major feature) of unsettling angles, modern Gothic design,…

• RockyIV

★★★ Rewatched by RockyIV 06 Feb, 2016

He's so dark he wears fancy cape

• Cole Bradley

★½ Rewatched by Cole Bradley 10 Feb, 2016 1

Working on a theory that Tim Burton didn't get terrible, he was always terrible and he just had occasional flashes of competency.

• Patrick Holmes

★★★★½ Added by Patrick Holmes

I really enjoy this movie, from cast,costume and set design, and music , even tho there was a huge uproar over Michael Keaton being casted as the Dark Knight/Bruce Wayne, he played a good Batman. Jack Nicholson played an excellent Joker/Jack Napier. Overall if you do love comic book movies this is a must see and own

• Matt Wright

★★★½ Watched by Matt Wright 04 Feb, 2016

Not sure how I managed to be a kid when this came out and not see it, but for whatever reason I'm only just seeing it now. It was so big when it came out, that for a long time I thought I actually *had* seen it, but really I'd just absorbed it. So it's weird finally actually watching it now, and trying to think about whether it's a good movie or not. I was expecting to love it, as…

• Greg Mako

★★★ Watched by Greg Mako 04 Feb, 2016

A reminder that we used to have sets

• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 79

61eR ®

• jmisurelli

★★★★½ Rewatched by jmisurelli 25 Dec, 2015

Used to think of this as a masterpiece and possibly the best comic book movie ever…this time I noticed a few of its flaws. Its pacing is entirely awkward, but goddamn is it a bizarre and fun film, mixing german expressionism with some of the best qualities of the campy TV series, and a little Hitchcock to boot. This is a film of impossibilities, but never seems defeated by this mix of styles thrown together that really shouldn't match. Never rub another man's rhubarb!!!

• Josh Needle
  • KeyboardKafe

★★★½ Rewatched by KeyboardKafe 03 Feb, 2016

Burton crafted a setting almost as (if not more so) iconic than the land of Oz out of Gotham. The image of this seemingly 30’s behemoth of a city is intentionally polluted, gothic, and unwelcoming in presentation, giving it a unique identity. Nothing can come close to the true noir-grittiness of Gotham, which perpetuates it as possibly one of the best portrayals of a single location ever. Everything is uncut and murky, shady characters are lingering down dark alley streets…

• Zoe Marissen

★★★½ Rewatched by Zoe Marissen 03 Feb, 2016

Nostalgia man.

• Bluray.kid Nolen Grubbe

★★★★ Added by Bluray.kid Nolen Grubbe

"Have You Ever Danced With The Devil In The Pale Moonlight"
    Batman (89) is the the best Batman of the 4, not talking about Christopher Nolan's trilogy the ones from 89-97 Micheal Keaton is my 2nd favorite Batman, and Jack Nicholson as The Joker is brilliant! Tim Burton did a great job directing this dark and sometimes funny Batman Movie.