• Robert Sutton

★★★★½ Rewatched by Robert Sutton 15 Sep, 2014

Still pretty rad. I love Burton's Gotham while Keaton and Nicholson seem to be having a whale of a time. If it wasn't for Kim Basinger and the movie's Prince soundtrack you could almost re-release this is as a modern blockbuster.

• Jeremy Medina

★★★★ Added by Jeremy Medina

I wanna get nuts with Prince.

• ecnu

★★★½ Watched by ecnu 07 Sep, 2014

It was a bit of a shock to realise I've never seen this. If I'd seen it when I was 9, I'd've been Batmad.

Well done to the production team. Gotham City in Batman is a character in itself; dark, twisted, unreal. The timelessness it instils over the Dark Knight's world renders this movie above its time, even while being of it. As a late 80s/early 90s period piece, it has aged unmistakably.

Jack Nicholson's Joker is essentially Jack Nicholson…

• Dan Gorman

★★★ Watched by Dan Gorman 10 Sep, 2014

Reviewed and discussed on Episode 44 of Time Bandits Podcast.

This was basically a fresh viewing, as I have not seen the film since I was so young that I don't even remember any details any more.

Without that attachment, I couldn't muster a lot of interest in praising this messy, uneven, yet often wonderful film.

There's a lot to like in here - from the casting, to the production design, sets, and in some regards the script, which chooses…

• Marconne Sousa

★★★★ Added by Marconne Sousa

jack nicholson i luv u

• Emmalee

Added by Emmalee

Tim Burton: Anyone who knows me will tell you that I would never read a comic book. I would especially never read anything created by Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith: Which I guess explains Batman.

• tjkeeley6

★★★★★ Added by tjkeeley6

The best Batman film

• Alberto del Rio Medina

★★★ Rewatched by Alberto del Rio Medina 10 Sep, 2014

La última vez que vi esta película tenía una *capa de Batman. Y puede ser nostalgia por la niñez, o algo así, pero quise verla y Netflix me ahorro la necesidad de buscarla en la bahía o en blockbuster.
    Es caricaturesca, y la selección de música y el grupo de pandilleros del Guason bailando la hacen ser tan ochentera, cosa que no pasa con Batman Regresa, donde Burton le baja a lo caricaturesco y villanos bailando y lo cambia con…

• Ben Rasmin

★★ Rewatched by Ben Rasmin 07 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Austin Lugar

★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Lugar 07 Sep, 2014

One of Tim Burton's best realized films and Michael Keaton is genius in this. However, The Joker still never feels the most consistent to me.

• Leonardo Moreno

★★ Watched by Leonardo Moreno 06 Sep, 2014

Jack Nicholson's performance is quite good, but this one just can't look good after I've watched Nolan's Batman movies.

• Mario

★★★½ Rewatched by Mario 04 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.