• Kaotius

★★★★★ Added by Kaotius

I've lost count of the amount of times I've watched this film. It has never gotten old or boring to me and I doubt it ever will. It's definitely in my top 10 films of all time. Batman '89 tells the story of Batman vs the Joker. We all know this story. We've seen it hundreds of times in various formats. But this one is definitely up there as one of the best. With great acting from Michael Keaton, Jack…

• AmandaJohns

★★★½ Added by AmandaJohns

Of the 15 thousand Batmans this is the only one I really like.

Bruce wayne is a little boy. His parents get killed. He grows up to be loaded and sexy and him and the old man butler beat up bad guys.

• James Callahan

★★★½ Rewatched by James Callahan 22 Jul, 2015

You know what contemporary Batman movies are missing?

Songs by Prince.

• HotDonkeyBear

★★★★★ Rewatched by HotDonkeyBear 28 Jul, 2015

After the Superman franchise tripped on its own cape and fell against a black felt backdrop, Tim Burton offers us his version of a comic book icon.

The Gotham City shown in the Tim Burton Batman movies (and arguably the Schumacher films too) boasts far more character than the Nolan locations. Matte paintings, scale models and beautiful art direction give a very distinct and gothic feel to Batman's stalking grounds.

Keaton's Bruce Wayne is a wonderful thing to behold. A…

• Jack Rys

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jack Rys 27 Jul, 2015

I grew up with this freaking film. Batman is my favorite character ever along with the Joker who Tim Burton makes come alive in this great film. All the new film people bitching about it being lame or campy, need to shut the fuck up. Batman is the man, this film is the man, the new Batmans are amazing. So is this. With neo-noire aspects that I didn't even pick up on as a child (who the hell knew what neo-noire was as a 4 year old) this film is just so well done. Love it.

• Matt Gilbert

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Gilbert 27 Jul, 2015

Michael Keaton. Is. Batman.

• refocusedmedia

★★½ Rewatched by refocusedmedia 24 Jul, 2015

It's really hard to judge this film fairly, and not just because I haven't seen it for nearly two decades. Not only is it one of the key turning points for comic book movies, not only is it the work of a once-great director during his heyday, and not only does it contain a legendary Jack Nicholson performance, but it is also now completely overwritten. Plus, while tastes matured & evolved, this film just has not aged well. Still, it's like a living historical document.

• Michael Camilleri

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Camilleri 26 Jul, 2015

The first 'modern' superhero film, it has a more gritty feel than the Christopher Reeve Superman films or any of the Batman sequels that followed (up until BatmanBegins). The biggest surprise on rewatching it as how much development of the Bruce Wayne character Burton squeezes in. Nicholson's Joker steals most of the scenes that he's in, but Keaton does a terrifically understated job acting out the psychosis of a man who's decided the best way to contribute to society is to dress up in a bat suit.

• haza

★★★½ Added by haza

I waited too long to watch this movie, it's fun and has a great aesthetic and commits to the style 100%. So Burton, baby.

• Asko

★★★½ Watched by Asko 24 Jul, 2015

Obzirom da igram Arkham City osjetio sam potrebu da odgledam par Batman filmova a kako mi je izvrsna Nolanova trilogija još svježa u glavi tako sam počeo sa ovim Batmanom. Dobar je, jedino se osjeti da ga je malo nagrizao zub vremena po dizajnu Batmanovog odijela i efekata ali je sve ostalo odlično. Glumci su prva liga, pogotovo rula Jack Nicholson u ulozi Jokera, ovo je možda i najbolji Joker do sada (ali trebao bih još jednom odgledat Ledgera da bih sa sigurnošću znao).

• Zach B

★★★½ Watched by Zach B 24 Jul, 2015

I think the best part of the movie was its ability to capture a comic book on film. It really felt like I was watching a graphic novel, similar to The Crow. It was campy and laughable at times, but I still enjoyed it. The set decoration was truly incredible. 7/10

• Daan Janssens

★★★★ Rewatched by Daan Janssens 24 Jul, 2015 11

Ah yes, that time when Burton knew how to entertain the crowd with GOOD movies. I still choose the '90s batman era over the Nolan trilogy. Yes, even 'Batman Forever'. No, I won't go as far as to say 'Batman and Robin' too.

The thing I liked better in this series is that not Batman, but mainly the villains find their origin stories within these movies. Who to me were always the more interesting characters in the DC universe. And…