• Gonzo_Rhoads

★★★★½ Rewatched by Gonzo_Rhoads 08 Apr, 2014

Las dos primeras pelis de esta saga son tol pepino.

• Steven Flores

Rewatched by Steven Flores 14 Apr, 2014

A stylish and adventurous film from Tim Burton about the Caped Crusader that is played by Michael Keaton in a very restrained performance while Jack Nicholson is fun to watch as the Joker. "When you got to go out. Go out with a smile!"

• Frozone

★★★★ Rewatched by Frozone 12 Apr, 2014

Like most of the older Tim Burton films, the art design is what the film worth watching. The costumes, the set and the make up looks great. The gothic look fits perfectly into the character. Jack Nicholson plays the Joker great and even Michael Keaton did a good job as Bruce Wayne.

• João Monteiro

★★★★½ Watched by João Monteiro 11 Apr, 2014

I acquired Batman on DVD something like a month ago, but I had never seen it. I wanted to watch the 1966 version first and after all I have to say this one is better, but I wouldn't say much better because even though the movie is awesome, I still think that Tim Burton fucked with the original, that's a thing that pisses me off on most of his remakes (which aren't just a few ones) is that he always…

• Trinity Martin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Trinity Martin 06 Feb, 2014

Not the best Batman film, I readily admit it. But I loved this movie when it came out and I still love it today. There are things about it that are dumb, to be sure, and Batman seems to take a backseat at other times in the movie to characters that aren't that interesting, but the moments I love make up for those shortcomings in my mind.

• James

★★★★ Watched by James 25 Mar, 2014

Somehow, I had never seen this before. With that being said, damn, Jack Nicholson is an awesome Joker. Anyhow.

Loved that there was no origin story. I don't need to know that shit. I already do.

I did, however, hate some of the casting. Ummm....Harvey Dent is white later on in the series and Gordon is not a fat guy. Other than that, great movie. I am surprised at how well Tim Burton did.

• cineedo
  • Baz Film

★★★ Rewatched by Baz Film 03 Apr, 2014

A film that never really feels ominous but certainly is macabre in places. Playing like a 1949's crime noir, it's a film that is a mix of genres. Add to the mix, Danny Elfman's slightly creepy score, and we've got ourselves a fun flick.

Keaton's Batman is certainly dated, but his turn as Bruce Wayne is still the most rounded.

The film, though, belongs to Nicholson. Whilst I'm no fan of the slightly camp-tone his character is built around, it's a damn fine performance of the sinister sociopath.

• Dnl Crnll

★★½ Added by Dnl Crnll

Tim Burton is one of the most overrated directors in Hollywood and this is indicative of his limited abilities. The movie is totally dated and very boring with the exception of some nice moments by Jack Nicholson. This is a guy that clearly peaked in high school and never grew up.

• BITW

★★★★ Added by BITW

Tim Burton's Batman was a great way to bring back The Dark Knight to the silver screen. What a way to bring him back too, with this film being darker than the Adam West version and bringing an amazing actor like Jack Nicholson as The Joker. Tim Burton does a decent job at being somewhat faithful to the comics but the liberties this film makes doesn't distract you from the movie. A great and memorable Batman movie.

• Amanda

★★★★ Rewatched by Amanda 02 Apr, 2014 5

Oh 1980s/90s Michael Keaton, is there anything you can't do?

• Michael Harper

★★ Rewatched by Michael Harper 30 Mar, 2014

"Winged freak terrorises? Wait until they get a load of me!"

At the time of release, Tim Burton's 1989 film "BATMAN" was something else! Nobody has seen this kind of comic book movie before. It was dark. It was adult. It was visually astounding. And, it…well, it wasn't quite Batman.

There are supporters of this film that argue that the film is more a Batman film than any that preceded it, or came after. I disagree. "BATMAN" is a Joker…