• bruceclement

★★★★★ Rewatched by bruceclement 03 Dec, 2016

If this was 10 year old Bruce's Letterboxd account this would be logged two times a day. Re-watching now is still a great experience.  Tim Burton at his best! I don't give a hooty hoo if it don't follow the comics. Love the set design. Some really cool pre-cgi rotoscoping and modelling going on here.

Michael Keaton was an insanely bold choice for a serious roll at the time, but he turned in an amazing performance proving his detractors wrong.…

• Robert G

★★★ Rewatched by Robert G 05 Dec, 2016

The only two things that keep this iteration above mediocrity are Jack Nicholson and Danny Elfman's score.

• Victor Sartório

★★★½ Watched by Victor Sartório 04 Dec, 2016 2

"A little song, a little dance, Batman's head on a lance."

I always liked this movie.

• Brandon

★★★ Watched by Brandon 20 Nov, 2016

Batman is not a great film by today's standards. However, it's still a fun watch that paved the way for so many future comic book movies. Michael Keaton gives an okay performance as Bruce Wayne and looks badass as Batman despite his inability to turn his neck in the costume. Jack Nicholson gives a great performance where his kooky attitude actually fits his character. Most of all, Tim Burton's signature style is evident throughout the film and creates an intriguing Gotham City to get immersed in for 2 hours.

• PhiloSJ

★★½ Watched by PhiloSJ 03 Dec, 2016

Doesn't have much going aside from its visuals and special effects. The Dark Knight set the bar too high for me in terms of character development and overarching theme. Expected too much from this one.

• TheCultureFreak

★★★★★ Rewatched by TheCultureFreak 03 Dec, 2016

I remember watching this movie in cinema as a kid with my dad and from then on it has always been my favorite Batman/comicbook movie (i do have to say the original TMNT is on the same first place ! I love this movie from start to finish , it still has my favorite Batman aka Michael Keaton and my favorite Batmobile ! Jack Nicholson is awesome as the joker , i have been a Nicholson fan all my life…

• Denisse Valdenegro Durán

★★ Rewatched by Denisse Valdenegro Durán 02 Dec, 2016

Me dolió ver esta película de lo aburrida que estaba.

• Gals

★★★★★ Watched by Gals 01 Dec, 2016

Lieutenant, is there a six-foot bat in Gotham City? And if so, is he on the police payroll? And if so, what's he pulling down... after taxes?
                                           -Knox
    Hold on let me grab my Nostalgia Goggles.....ah, that better.  This movie has ment more to me almost any other. I loved it when I was ten seeing it in the theater for the first time, and I loved watching it tonight, saying most of the lines along with it.
    I know…

• Pernell

★★★★ Watched by Pernell 01 Dec, 2016

I gotta say, it's refreshing and equally thrilling watching a vision fully realized. Tim Burton's Batman is a fascinating vignette that's a tad bit scattered structurally, but often feels like a cycle and a fun contrast of these myths. Because Burton never loses a grip on these characters and his sharp-sense of craft, rooting Batman in an extravagantly theatrical world of despair that doesn't feel like it drives these characters or the story crazy, but begets it.

• Chris Ward

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Ward 01 Dec, 2016

At the end of the '90s I thought this was looking a bit dated but I've come full circle on it and am now of the opinion that it is growing old rather gracefully and is still the best of the '80s/'90s Batman cycle.

• muddleworkshop

Rewatched by muddleworkshop 01 Dec, 2016

I hadn't seen Batman in many, many years and it certainly didn't age well for me. Great set design and score but I regret re-watching this movie.

• Hpromonex

★★★ Watched by Hpromonex 30 Nov, 2016

What kind of a warped Batman movie is it when the Bruce Wayne scenes are the best part?