• Mason_Daniel

★★★★ Rewatched by Mason_Daniel 27 Jul, 2016

All movies should end with a Prince song that samples the main theme from the musical score

• Christian Steiner

Rewatched by Christian Steiner 28 Jul, 2016

Die lange Besprechung gibt es als Podcast hier: superherounit.de/superhero-unit-07-batman-1989/

Bei der längst überfälligen Wiederholungssichtung und mit dem Kontext der Superhero Unit ist mir erst aufgefallen, wie wichtig dieser Film für das Genre ist. Burton gehört unbestritten direkt neben Donner in die Ruhmesriege des Genres. Sein Batman reaktiviert nicht nur das Genre, sondern liefert eine immens wichtige Grundlage für eigentlich alle weiteren Batman-Filme. Wahnsinn!

• Jack Valentine

★★★ Watched by Jack Valentine 27 Jul, 2016

Jack Nicholson throws a pen through a man's neck in this film.

• Aislinn

★★★★ Watched by Aislinn 25 Jul, 2016 1

the bit where they put paint on the paintings was my favourite bit

• madeline™

★★★★ Added by madeline™

Although not my favorite of the Batman movies (I'll give that one to Batman Begins), I will acknowledge that it's a good movie and had great roles for Keaton and Nicholson.

• Andrew

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew 25 Jul, 2016 1

Tim Burton's take on batman is the perfect mix of darkness and goofiness.  It's a perfect first movie in a franchise and setup for the sequels that were tough to follow up with.  As good as the Nolan movie are, this one is one of my favorites.  Tim Burton 4 life

• Tom Morris

★★★ Rewatched by Tom Morris 23 Jul, 2016

This really doesn't hold up to my childhood perception. Nicholson was always a highlight as the Joker but now I can't help but compare his performance to Heath Ledger's far more nuanced and terrifying interpretation nineteen years later. So much of the dialogue and one-liners are complete nonsense. "Your Uncle Bingo called. Time to pay the check." WTF?

• Ian West

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ian West 24 Jul, 2016

One of my first theater experiences

• AaronBendich

★★★ Watched by AaronBendich 23 Jul, 2016

hmmm... less fun than 'Forever' and '& Robin'. Probably a better film than those to, but at that point we're just splitting hairs...

• LaviniasDiary

★★★★★ Watched by LaviniasDiary 20 Jul, 2016

*that costume looks really uncomfortable, he can't even turn around
    *But Joker has style.
    *Yuhuu, money-rain!

• Carlos Riquelme

★★★½ Added by Carlos Riquelme

Icónica, sí, pero maltratada por el tiempo, Batman de Tim Burton es tan hija de su época como de su director, pero en retrospectiva, pocos directores parecen tan adecuados para el personaje que protagoniza la cinta. El Joker de Jack Nicholson es legendario.

• Rodo

★★★★ Added by Rodo

Burton´s truly masterpiece (with a astonishing OST by Prince).