• Leo Smith

★★★★

Tim Burton creates a gothic dystopian city of Gotham, which is complex and darkly beautiful. This backdrop is a bit of a contrast to the story, which is a lot less complicated yet just as compelling. The first dark superhero film that set the tone for many more hero films to come.

• Oliver Custer

Simplemente Jack Nicholson

Decidí darme la oportunidad con esta película de Batman ya que nunca la pude terminar por motivos varios.

En comparación con otras adaptaciones, Batman, del 89', resulta una película oscura, Tim Burton la dirige, y con un toque pintoresco, carecterístico del director. Es una buena película y moviéndonos a la época en la cual se estrenó se entiende completamente el boom que causó, pero hay ciertas cosas que simplemente no me gustaron, como la carencia de acción…

• OpticPotato

★★★★

Batman is Tim Burton's first version of the comic book hero and it's a really fine one.
    The main characters are incredibly well developed and established extremely fast. You get everything you need to know about Bruce Wayne in like 30 seconds.
    Jack Nicholson as the Joker is a genius at work, the effects hold up and Danny Elfman's score is fantastic.
    The movie also knows exactly when to be silly and when it's time to be serious, something the…

• Crazyyoyo

good movies

• A.J.

★★★★

This is an odd thing. I've literally always felt the same way about this movie. Even when I watched it as a kid, I liked a lot of it and thought some of it was too cartoony. Batman is pure spectacle, a straight-up fun blockbuster. That's about it. Memorable, exciting, smart, and old-fashioned.

• Alejandra Orihuela

Guilty pleasure

• Jake

★★★★

Even though I have seen parts of this film before this is the first time I have viewed it fully and it really is a great superhero film. Tim Burton really leaves his unique mark on an already well known character. The cast is really good (though Jack Nicholson is by far the best out of the lot), I love the look of it with its dark and brooding world, the action is really good (love the use of miniatures)…

• Ben

★★★★

Opening with Danny Elfman's 'The Batman Theme', Batman easily has one of the strongest and most mood-setting opening pieces ever. The score is drenched in character which seeps into Gotham and it's inhabitants. Keaton is strong as the detached Bruce Wayne, and Nicholson shines as a maniacal and understandable Joker. It's slow in places, lacks in some fleshing out, and looks a little dated in places but Batman is a hard to match hard swing of a 'superhero' film.

• detritustank

★★★★

Though not amazingly good, this film does a passable job of ridding Batman of much of the camp of the '60s show and movie. (Let me say this: I adore the '60s Batman. It's my favorite. But I do enjoy the more serious turn Batman took on film starting with this movie.)

• Dave

★★★

After a short break, my 9-year-old son and I dove right back into our Year of Superheroes marathon where I introduce him to all of our finest caped and costumed adventurers on the big screen. We already finished MCU, the Donner/Lester Supermans and the Raimi Spider-Mans. Now, it's time for ... <in Keaton's low growl> Batman.

A huge hit in 1989, this groundbreaking Tim Burton thriller kicked off a dormant genre with this colorful, effects-heavy origin story that serves as…

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★

Primera vez que veo el Batman de Tim Burton (por si no se habían dado cuenta me estoy haciendo un Road to: Lego Batman, equisde).

Aclaremos que me parece una película de la que se pueden sacar mil memes. Aunque empiezo a pensar que esto es más cosa del propio Batman y como se adaptan en acción real lo idiosincrásico del personaje y su universo (que en las paginas de los cómics funcionan porque se sienten naturales e incuestionables) que…

• Jose Pena