• Rodney Terrell

★★★½ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 24 Sep, 2016

500 DIFFERENT FILMS IN 2016
    Film 355
    Batman

This is certainly one of the films that sums up my childhood, not in that my parents were murdered and I became a crime fighting vigilante who in this version is quite murderous so Batfleck was not to first to get there, but more that I watched this movie so many times when I was a lad that it's hard not to judge it through nostalgia goggles. Keaton is great as both…

• Jacqueline Swampert

★★★★ Watched by Jacqueline Swampert 23 Sep, 2016

WHOA i cant believe ive never seen the like, Classic Batman before, me being a slut for everything dc and all! and it definitely didn't disappoint tbh, it hit all the right marks for what i wanted out of a great batman film

so the highest highs of this movie were in the portrayal of bruce/batman by michael keaton and the joker by jack nicholson. apparently a lot of people thought michael keaton wouldn't be suited for bats bc he…

• Philip Sibayan

★★★★ Added by Philip Sibayan

An excellent start for a caped crusader Jack Nicholson maybe a good Joker but Heath Ledger is the best and Michael Keaton is a good Batman

Verdict: A-

• jaime⭐️

★★★½ Watched by jaime⭐️ 17 Sep, 2016

scavenger hunt 18 - film 11/30
    task 10: a film with a score by danny elfman

like. it was pretty good. some pretty funny moments.
    i love jack so much and his performance was incredible despite the distractingly bad joker makeup. keaton also is a mvp and may be the best bruce wayne?
    i did actually enjoy the noir-ish quality of the film. like those dutch angles were pretty sick. i love spooky gotham.
    anyways the romantic subplot bored me to no end.
    i love jack nicholson.

• Noah Mulder

★★★ Watched by Noah Mulder 17 Sep, 2016

I watched this on Batman Day.

Plot Twist: My internet was out so I had no idea it was Batman Day.

• HippieDalek

★★★★ Rewatched by HippieDalek 31 May, 2015

Unpopular opinion time; I can't stand Tim Burton and I think Danny Elfman is just awful. But somehow they are both the perfect choices for this film.

Burton's moody, gothic vision of Gotham city is, to me, definitive, and Elfman's inspiring score just couldn't be better.

Michael Keaton and Kim Basinger do pretty well in their roles (though Basinger isn't given much to work with), and for many people Jack Nicholson is the definitive Joker. I particularly love Michael Gough…

• James Aldridge

★★★ Watched by James Aldridge 14 Sep, 2016

This is a terrible film.

However, with the right company and the right amount of imbibing...

This is a great film.

• NoBookends

★★½ Added by NoBookends

I made the mistake of watching this after seeing Batman Begins. I just can't really like it. Plus Tim Burton never admits to his expressionism influences.

• Alex Owens

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Owens 17 Sep, 2016

Love the sets and production design of this film. Great score by Danny Elfman. Jack Nicholson as Joker was hit and miss, some all-time great iconic scenes but also some bits that...well didn't work for me. It's a daring role though, so I give a lot of credit there.

• caleb_yells

★★★½ Watched by caleb_yells 17 Sep, 2016

danced with this in the pale moonlight for Smiler Grogan's Scavenger Hunt
    task 17/30: a film based on a dc comic
    letterboxd.com/kikuchisawa/list/scavenger-hunt-18-1-8-comedies-classics-and/

~~~~~~

does every Tim Burton film set vaguely in the real world feature newscasters???

kim basinger is cool but vicki vale deserved better than being a damsel/love interest who fainted all the time

keaton/nicholson are pros, watching them is worth it. keaton SLIGHTLY better, I'm not a fan of the joker makeup and the scene where bruce wayne…

• Kevin Jones

★★★½ Watched by Kevin Jones 17 Sep, 2016

Next 15 Watches, Vol. 1

Dripping with gooey 80s action movie goodness, Batman features Jack Nicholson unleashing his crazy on the world as the Joker. While the modern day films have decided that doom, gloom, and Henry Cavill brooding, are the ways to make a successful Batman movie, Tim Burton's version embraces the crazy. As with all Burton films, it can be wildly over-the-top at times, but never ceases to entertain as Batman (Michael Keaton) squares off with the Joker…

• TaqueroSatanico

★★★★½ Rewatched by TaqueroSatanico 17 Sep, 2016

Esta nueva vista sirvió para recordarme que este Batman también es un multihomicida loco de las metralletas. Y que este Bruce Wayne es muy Mijares.

También noté que muchos efectos especiales son caricaturas (cuando pone los escudos al batimóvil, los efectos son dibujitos <3).

Este Guasón es un psicótico pervertido. Qué bueno que Vicky se quedó con el psicótico pervertido que se viste de murciélago.