• mikemath3

Added by mikemath3

Didn't like it.

• Joachim Andersson

★★★★ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 14 Apr, 2014

While rewatching this on a cheap bluray one thought popped up in my mind time and time again: Why isn't anyone shot in the head? Is it a cultural thing?

• Steve Grzesiak

★★★★ Rewatched by Steve Grzesiak 13 Apr, 2014

The subtitles for this on Netflix said that "jaunty music" was playing when Verdi's Requiem started playing. What kind of unholy fucking sacrilegious arse did these subtitles? I suppose I should be thankful it didn't put up "CHOOOON!" when Blue Danube Waltz was playing.

This is the third time I've seen Battle Royale now and I'm actually not quite sure why I became compelled to rewatch it tonight, especially considering, y'know, there are a fair few films that I haven't…

• Chevalier

★★★★ Added by Chevalier

No matter how bad kids might be, adults will always find far worse "solutions" to any problem kids might create.

• cineedo
  • Devon

★★★★ Watched by Devon 09 Apr, 2014

I love the idea behind this film and how the whole thing was set up. They did a really great job in creating so many ways of killing off more than 40 kids, but after a while it got very repetitive because guns were the main weapon. I think if they left guns out, it could've been a lot better. Ending started to get pretty unrealistic how they prolonged so many people's deaths even with 15 bullets in their bodies. Overall, i really enjoyed it.

• Lincoln

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lincoln 09 Apr, 2014

"Die, ugly!"

I just really enjoy this movie. I'm always impressed with how well they managed to deal with having so many characters. The story is great, as well as the acting. The ending is a little lame and some parts are really drawn out, but I still <3 it.

• Stefan Griens

★★★★ Watched by Stefan Griens 10 Mar, 2014

Thriller about a school class being put into a fiendish game. The plot is basic, yet so daring and raw that it really works and even knowing the premise the viewer gets startled by what is happening on screen. The performances are a mixed bag, but there are still enough characters that you become emotionally engaged with.

• Al

★★★ Added by Al

Not as great as it was made out to be, but it's definitely something that should be watched.

• DanMyers

★★★½ Added by DanMyers

This is what Hunger Games ought to have been - a compelling story of children forced to fight each other to the death in a game-like setting. While it lackes some of Hunger Games more futuristic societal elements, one actually feels the fright and danger the children protagonists endure. Not bad at all.

• Gogo

★★★★ Added by Gogo

Gratuitous violence at its best. The politics behind the government of the Battle Royale world are cruel and frightening to all viewers. The Hunger Games totally ripped this masterpiece off...it can't be said enough.

• Rob Carmack

★★★½ Watched by Rob Carmack 30 Mar, 2014

I think I speak for everybody when I say, "What the #&@!?"