• Plus_Ultra V

★★★★★ Added by Plus_Ultra V

man i wish school were really like this, that'd be hella dope

• Epicness1000

★★★★★ Added by Epicness1000

This movie is among my favorite films of all time. Many people compare this movie to the Hunger Games, as they both have such a similar premise, but it is very obvious that Battle Royale is the superior movie. Better action, better effects, better soundtrack, etc.

• BlacktusJack

★★★★½ Watched by BlacktusJack 24 Jul, 2015

Hunger what? Battle Royale has a very good premise that delivers incredibly well. It delves into the psyche of the 14 year old Japanese kid who has been told essentially kill or be killed, and it does so very well. A premise that actually scares me to think about; I actually had a dream recently where I was about to be put in the exact same position and I almost instantly woke up out of fear.

Seeing how the class…

• Cait Cibulsky

★★★★½ Watched by Cait Cibulsky 07 Sep, 2012

lmao b**** this is such a good movie!!!!! I love this kind of absurd conceit! Let me watch ppl sent to fictional death arenas all day long! This is such good fun.

Me and my roommate had a Battle Royale party once. It was a great time.

(I know this isn't really a like...comedy comedy, but idk where else to put it, tagwise)

• Jay Jay Jay

★★★ Watched by Jay Jay Jay 23 Aug, 2015

Movie about survival life. Solid film. Ending was ehhhhh.

• Mikhail Hanafi

★★★★½ Watched by Mikhail Hanafi 26 Aug, 2015

It's like a better Hunger Games .

• George Morris

★★★★½ Watched by George Morris 05 Sep, 2013

It's violent, it's hyperactive and it's definitely got a bone to pick with The Hunger Games for stealing its plot. But can you blame it? This is ten times the film those will ever be, whilst remaining sharply satirical and exhaustively exciting.

• Yuri90

★★★ Watched by Yuri90 24 Aug, 2015

Il film è meglio del manga poiché più sintetico ma soffre sempre delle deboli spiegazioni sulla legge, i personaggi stereotipati e il finale un po' forzato (non quanto quello del fumetto).

• edkupfer

★★ Watched by edkupfer 23 Aug, 2015

Enjoyment: 4/10
    Quality: 7/10

I hate allegories. How about just telling a story?

• Aaron Boardley

★★★ Watched by Aaron Boardley 23 Aug, 2015

Trying to keep track of 40+ characters in identical uniforms is difficult at the best of times, but when you're relying on subtitles it can get even more confusing. Still, the film doesn't hold back when it comes to violence - a fair yet not exaggerated amount of it - with staging and screaming that's wonderfully theatrical. Some good messages in there, but it would take a second viewing for me for them to not get lost.

• bree1981

★★★★½ Watched by bree1981 22 Aug, 2015 6

Vicious satire on youth culture and the collapse of society? Sick and twisted horror movie? Black comedy? Batshit crazy action film? This movie is all off these things and so much more.
    Proceeding The Hunger Games book's by almost a decade our film is set in a near future Japan where social unrest is causing chaos in the streets and the kids are revolting against the schooling system, fearing full scale rioting the government pass the BR act, a law…

• maggie

★★★★★ Added by maggie

You know that girl that kills everyone? I'm in love with her.