• DarthOrange

★★★★ Added by DarthOrange

I really hate reading subtitles. They are the worst. Battle Royale is the only movie with subtitles I have seen more than once, it is that good. It also helps that there is so little dialogue in the movie.

• Anna

★★★★★ Rewatched by Anna 29 Apr, 2016

I don't think I can appreciate anything more than a film that inspired Kill Bill other than watching Kill Bill.

• Zackary Bender

★★★★ Watched by Zackary Bender 24 Apr, 2016 2

Battle Royale is the ultra violent batshit Hunger Games that I didn't get in my youth. With 40+ students going at it with their guns they can't aim properly, I didn't find a lot of fault in it. It's one of those films that does not take a break in the intensity. I like those films. That teacher was pretty awesome. Kawada is the motherfucker (as Todd would say). It's a blur now, but for what it was worth, Battle…

• FilmFreek25

★★★★★ Added by FilmFreek25

Quickie Review
    There are some that say that "The Hunger Games" is a ripoff of this brutal masterpiece from Japan. "The Hunger Games" wishes it was this masterpiece of Japan and this is coming from a "Hunger Games" fan. You will never find a more striking combination of bloody action, intense characters & a smart statement about worldwide violence in general.

• nanna

★★★★ Watched by nanna 21 Apr, 2016

mom holy fuck

• paul indrome

★★★★ Watched by paul indrome 15 Apr, 2016

makess me feel lik the teenage shitboi leftist i used to be

• Kamran Ahmed

★★★★½ Watched by Kamran Ahmed 17 Apr, 2016

Somewhat campy but its flaws are endearing. Visually immersive, aptly paced, & a great soundtrack. Strongly thematic, focused on the characters and their feelings of trust and young love.

85/100 - Excellent.

• brat pitt

★★★★½ Watched by brat pitt 18 Apr, 2016

better than the hunger games because jennifer lawrence isn't in it

is it too EDGY to hate on jennifer lawrence on letterboxd.com? whatever im gonna do it anyway

EDIT: lost a follower for hating on jennifer lawrence but i dont care because im committed to the truth

• Silence

★★★★ Watched by Silence 18 Apr, 2016

8/10

• derpzerplin

★★★½ Watched by derpzerplin 17 Apr, 2016

I hadn't watched Battle Royale in over a decade, and I can't believe that I didn't recall how cheesy it was. I still enjoyed it, make no mistake, but my fond recollections of the movie totally glossed over all of the melodramatic dialogue and death scenes (some of which, in fairness, are played for laughs). The graphic violence is a lot of fun if you're in the mood for it, but if you're looking for substance beyond blood spatters and…

• cinematteo

★★★★ Watched by cinematteo 15 Apr, 2016

I was prepared for the blood. I wasn't prepared for this film to be as moving as it was. It's not perfect, but I found it to be a pretty intensely satisfying movie experience.

• Allan

★★★★ Watched by Allan 17 Apr, 2016

some banter on that kitano