• donnydonowitz

★★★½ Watched by donnydonowitz 25 Apr, 2015

i have a feeling that i've seen this before, but i couldn't really remember anything except the classroom scene.

sometimes you're just in the mood to be entertained by some ridiculous deaths and even more ridiculous drama between 9th graders.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Blu-Ray

• Guilherme Miranda

★★★½ Watched by Guilherme Miranda 20 Apr, 2015

the true hunger games

• Jeremy Clark

★★★ Added by Jeremy Clark

People will often cite Battle Royale as the inspiration for the blockbuster franchise The Hunger Games, but I think William Golding's 1954 novel "Lord of the Flies" is the precursor to Battle Royale. Both Golding's book and Battle Royale depict youth in a controversial struggle for survival on a deserted island and they both deal with the same themes of nature vs nurture, individual welfare vs the common good, and the moral tension between violent savagery and civilized behavior (or…

• GooglyEyes

★★★★½ Rewatched by GooglyEyes 18 Apr, 2015

In this day and age, no one can mention Battle Royale without comparing it to The Hunger Games. And I'm pretty sure most of the people who have seen this movie know which of the two is better.

Battle Royale takes place in the future in Japan; after unemployment has skyrocketed, the youth are in revolt, skipping school, stabbing their teachers, and have lost all respect for adults, who are now in fear of the youth. As a result, the…

• KAMILLE

★★★★★ Watched by KAMILLE 17 Apr, 2015

the film that made jennifer lawrence a star now with subtitles

• Sherhan Mahmud

★★★★½ Watched by Sherhan Mahmud 14 Apr, 2015

So this happens to be the movie that Hunger Games copied...wow. This was one crazy ass brutal battle between school students and an emotional journey as well. You know what, I actually prefer this over The Hunger Games.

• Yumin Ha

★★★½ Added by Yumin Ha

music

• Reece Leonard

★★★★ Added by Reece Leonard

It's violent and fun, with lot's of teenage romance/drama making for a substantial picture.

• mariusdownunder

★★★½ Added by mariusdownunder

I don't know if I can even begin with this film. The concept is amazing. Take a bunch of unruly schoolkids to an island, equip them with various weapons and send them out into the island with this is mind: You must kill your fellow students until one person remains. If there is no winner, everyone dies. Did I mention that they all tracking devices in the form of exploding necklaces?

If you want to, you can take alot from…

• Courtney Cheshire

★★★★½ Watched by Courtney Cheshire 07 Apr, 2015

My friend came over and I told her to bring whatever movie she wanted and she brought Battle Royale. I was really happy because Id never seen it and had heard all good things. I really enjoyed this movie, it's fun, suspenseful, and even a little heartbreaking. I really like how they touched base with every kid for at least a little bit. The only thing that bugged me was the cliche sounding music.

• SebL

★★★½ Watched by SebL 04 Apr, 2015

Damn nice cookies, i love it.