• Calvin John

★½ Watched by Calvin John 24 Apr, 2014

Here's the thing: This didn't have to be awful. There's enough wit present in segments of the movie, and the cast is generally strong enough to carry the goofier aspect. Hell, the sequence where they basically play Battleship with the aliens is actually pretty fun.

But holy God, the movie is a tonal mess, the pacing is awful, the character beats are telegraphed and never quite come through... this is a movie that had no idea what it wanted to do or say.

• Rowan Simpson

½ Watched by Rowan Simpson 21 Apr, 2014

1/2 a star because the pegs the aliens shoot are shaped like the pegs in the board game of the same name.

Otherwise wholly unremarkable.

I didn't make it to the end.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

"This could be like Columbus and the Indians," a nerdy radio astronomer worries. "Except we're the Indians." From a powerful transmission facility in Hawaii, he's supervised the transmission of a signal to the Earth-like Planet G in another galaxy, and in no time at all, aliens come calling. Considering that they arrive in weeks, they must have discovered faster-than-light speeds, so it's a little strange that when they arrive they're strictly analog. Their vast warships splash down in the Pacific…

• Daniel Charchuk

★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 18 May, 2012

Totally fucking ridiculous. Taylor Kitsch needs to fire his agent.

Also, Rihanna cannot act, as expected.

• cabri

★★★½ Watched by cabri 08 Apr, 2014

I've seen this about 5 times now and missed at least the first 20 minutes every single time. I can only assume that the really bad parts are at the beginning because what I've seen is so much better than "Pacific Rim". Sure, it's a little clichéd but then Pac Rim ain't exactly avant garde. The best part about Battleship as compared to Pac Rim is that the people actually have conversations instead of declarations.

Leaving Pac Rim aside, I…

• Chevalier

Added by Chevalier

What the hell is Tadanobu Asano doing in this thing?

• Rebecca Kivak

Added by Rebecca Kivak

Seriously awful, and from the get-go. It has the worst beginning of any blockbuster I've ever seen - burrito, anyone? A lazy excuse for a blockbuster.

Special effects aren't bad, but the plot is ludicrous, which isn't a surprise considering a board game was the inspiration. The movie's finale involving the historic USS Missouri is actually pretty cool, but you have to suffer through the rest of the film to get to it.

Taylor Kitsch's agent needs to pick better…

• mvmckenzie

½ Watched by mvmckenzie 12 Apr, 2014

this movie made us so stupid that by the time they actually started playing battleship, it took us 5 minutes to realize it.

• Warren Crocker

★★½ Rewatched by Warren Crocker 06 Apr, 2014

Pending review...

• TwinIon

Watched by TwinIon 07 Apr, 2014

Unless you expect it to physically assault you, you're expectations are too high. Shockingly and disgustingly bad in everything but VFX.

• BuffaloBill

½ Watched by BuffaloBill 07 Apr, 2014

Battleship - You sunk my career... pretty much sums up everyone in this movie except for Liam Neeson.

• Blake Marshall

★★ Watched by Blake Marshall 05 Apr, 2014

Worth it for the old men montage set to ACDC's "Thunderstruck."