• John Connor

½ Watched by John Connor 17 Apr, 2012

Dumb. Really dumb. There were plot developments towards the end of this film that were so hackneyed that the entire cinema I was with erupted into laughter. And we weren't laughing with 'Battleship', we were most assuredly laughing at it. The characters are paper thin, the plot is an after-thought, and the cynicism of the people who called the shots on this is breath-taking. Peter Berg made 'Friday Night Lights', one of my favourite sports movies, but he needs to pull out of this nose-dive quick smart.

• KMOKLER

½ Added by KMOKLER

I'm not a fan of peter Berg nor Taylor kitsch so i thought the movie was going to be a big pile of CGI shit and it reached my expectations.

• RunDogmaRun

Added by RunDogmaRun

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Peter Pluymers

★★½ Watched by Peter Pluymers 15 Feb, 2014

"Let's drop some lead on those motherf... "

I really didn't have high expectations when I started watching "Battleship", and yet I had a great time with this action packed SF. Ultimately, this movie shows what they initially made it ​​for: awful lot of action and stupid violence, heroism of the highest order and sometimes some humor. Despite the length of the movie , I didn't get bored and it wasn't as usual a battle against sleep. Granted, you should…

• Lowbacca

★★ Watched by Lowbacca 07 Sep, 2014

It's a long and brutal battle here, mostly between the film and me trying to keep watching it. The entire first part of the film is weak at best, however somewhere around the halfway mark it does start to get a bit more interesting.

It's very generic and cliche, war games gone wrong, firing at aliens that fire back and decimate, etc. Honestly, bits of this even seem ripped off from Phantom Menace just a little bit. It was interesting…

• Mandalorian

Watched by Mandalorian 06 Sep, 2014

You know how they say you can't polish a turd? Well, I'd like to respectfully disagree, because that's exactly what Peter Berg has done with Battleship. It's an abysmal trek through stupidity and mind-numbery, but it's always pretty to look at. Universal clearly made Berg take Michael Bay 101, but it just isn't the same. I know this isn't going to make me any friends, but I like most of Bay's films (most). Bay knows how to frame and follow…

• Dietger Pieters

★★★ Watched by Dietger Pieters 06 Sep, 2014

Nice

• pikkio

½ Watched by pikkio 05 Sep, 2014

Probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

• WesternUnion

★★ Watched by WesternUnion 28 Dec, 2013

45/100

Nothing but a long string of weak/poor viewings during last holiday season. This anonymous big-budget contraption fit right in and then some so much I think it achieved some kind of invisibility.

• Wesleyjw

Added by Wesleyjw

Battleship is plagued by a ridiculous plot and even worse acting. However, it is the directing that truly deserves a Razzie for the dizzying closeups and poor structure. The camera never sits still throughout the movie. I suppose this is to simulate the constant movement of the battleship itself, but is a sweeping camera movement on every shot, including closeups, really necessary to remind us that the fate of the world is dependent on a 70 year old warship? I think not.

• Maisie

★½ Watched by Maisie 30 Aug, 2014

not as bad as I thought it would be - taylor kitsch is not charismatic at all though

• Brett the Wiese

★½ Watched by Brett the Wiese 29 Aug, 2014 1

This movie CGI's horses...Seriously, horses? The filmmakers were so inexperienced with animals they couldn't be bothered to film real live creatures? God damn, movie.
    Extra half-star for a third act that works where the first two don't.