• Jay James James

Added by Jay James James

This was a mediocre movie. The one thing redeeming this movie was the brainless action and the aliens but everything else is crap. Yeah sure Taylor Kitsch isn't that bad of an actor and Liam Neeson and Alexander Skarsgard did a good job, along with a few others, but almost everybody else did awful especially Rihanna she was a worthless character and her acting was either over the top or wooden. Some of the characters are really annoying and the…

• Tyler Foster

★★★½ Watched by Tyler Foster 19 Apr, 2014

Matt Lingo keeps telling me to update Letterboxd, so here is one of the many films I have watched since February.

• Luke Curtis

★★½ Watched by Luke Curtis 16 Nov, 2014

Battleship is a film that reminds me of Titanic and Pearl Harbour, absolutely *terrible*, abysmal, a real drag to get through until the action starts then it really is a quite good action spectacle that holds the attention. (oh and it fails the Bectel test spectacularly!)

• Nathan Ludwig

Added by Nathan Ludwig

The more you support idiotic garbage like this, the dumber this country gets. Nobody seems to care, though. They're too busy getting stupider by the minute. Go ahead, keep texting and listening to terrible music. Keep shopping and consuming things. All of that keeps you nice and stupid enough to enjoy this kind of crap.

• Adrian Zachow

★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 19 Aug, 2012

It turns out the way to justify turning a board game about sinking battleships into a movie is to conjure up an Michael Bay-like alien invasion scenario. Predictably dumb, filled with one-dimensional characters, but sporting great special effects and strong production values, Battleship is ultimately let down by the fact that every aspect of it is already so familiar it's just plain boring.

• Matt

½ Watched by Matt 10 Nov, 2014

This battleship was sunk even before Rihanna yells "Mahalo, motherfucker!" at a Beyblade...I mean, a Transformer...I mean, fuck this movie.

• Kevin Bechaz

★★★½ Rewatched by Kevin Bechaz 21 Sep, 2014

If you’re just after a ton on mindless action this will aim to please in what I can see becoming a popular guilty pleasure flick. The many flaws aside it’s a nice little throw back to the countless B grade alien invasion films of the 1950s.

• Tom Prankerd

★★½ Watched by Tom Prankerd 25 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Paul Davey

★★ Watched by Paul Davey 08 Oct, 2014

The Dillon Panthers reunite to fight some aliens. Could have been significantly more terrible than it turned out to be.

• TheWriter

★★½ Watched by TheWriter 28 Sep, 2014

SALEN LOS PALITOS DE PLÁSTICO DEL JUEGO.

• Luke Patterson

½ Added by Luke Patterson

So bad. It fails on every level. Rihanna can't act. Taylor Kitsch can't act. Brooklyn Decker can't act. Everyone else is just as shit. Why the fuck was Liam Neeson in this when he's only on screen for 2 minutes? Even the action is shitty. At least with Michael Bay you know the action is gonna be good, but with this no action scene apart from the Hong Kong sequence was cool or impressive. I mean for a 200 million…

• Richard F

★★½ Watched by Richard F 21 Jun, 2013

****ing hell, this movie blew. It was awesome that Tadanobu Asano, one of my favorite actors, got such a big part as the captain of the Japanese vessel, but... goddamn, this movie sucked. I hope Rhianna's finished with her "acting" experiment and I hope she takes Brooklyn Decker into "acting" retirement with her. The film gets some points for the stuff with the naval veterans that was a nice nod, but... that's about it.