• Joe Hastings

Watched by Joe Hastings 11 Apr, 2015 2

As fulfilling as a frozen chicken burrito.

Even the board game was boring, so why make an action film out of this? Many people will put the blame on Taylor Kitsch, but he had nothing and no one to work with here. Even I realize that his character was a typical dude bro who brags while not having any real skill beyond flexing muscles. Read the script before you say yes. Liam Neeson was reduced to a sorry cameo appearance…

• Alexander V

½ Watched by Alexander V 10 Apr, 2015 2

As I had dental surgery earlier I wanted to watch something that required absolutely no focus or any other brain output.

Battleship most certainly provided that....Bloody hell what a disaster Battleship is and no pun intended. Wooden acting, predictable plot with all the required cardboard characters. I tried to find one small glimmer of quality or something funny which would redeem Battleship somehow, but after a 2 hour watch I couldn't conclude but that this was a complete waste of my time.

• Michael Waller

★★★ Added by Michael Waller

I rolled with Battleship. The guy from Taken chewed up the scenery. Tim Riggins saved the world. Rihanna didn't sing. The battleship game effects were kind of cool.

• Wes Ball

½ Added by Wes Ball 2

30 Day Film Challenge Day Eighteen: A Film that Disappointed you the Most.

Imagine this for me, if you will. An epic-looking naval sci-fi film, starring Liam "Taken" Neeson as a high-ranking Navy officer battling an alien invasion occurring worldwide, with their main mothership happening to be a massive alien space/water craft hybrid that threatens the world's security. He is supported by a cocky lower-ranking Naval officer and a few other people (including Rihanna) and together, they save the world.…

• DiegoSanchez

★★½ Watched by DiegoSanchez 23 Mar, 2015

Demasiados planos para Rihanna...... los extraterrestres tienen tecnología para venir a la Tierra a patearnos el culo, pero para mandar un sms a su casa necesitan nuestras antenas.... demasiado larga.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Crap pacing, crap story, crap acting, crap movie. At least transformers was laughably crap. Liam Neeson being in it makes it slightly better but still bad.

• Jules Mumford

★★★ Watched by Jules Mumford 02 Sep, 2012

Flushed with the monetary if not critical success of "Transformers", Hasbro has been rummaging around in their toy cupboard for another franchise.

Deciding that a board game consisting of guessing where your battleships are hidden to the refrain of "Hit" or "Miss", one imagines would have been low on their wish list.

However, investing a production budget of some $200 million, it had better be a "hit" otherwise someone will be in trouble.

Wisely deciding that filming a board game…

• Erin

½ Watched by Erin 21 Mar, 2015

Well, my day was pretty crappy so I figured it might be a good time to watch a crappy movie.

I don't even understand how this got made, even after all the time and distance we've had since it was released.

• Drummer

★½ Watched by Drummer 18 Mar, 2015

Holy christ. I don't turn off movies very often but this one I did. I heard a lot about how it washy that bad and Netflix had it at a 4/5. Thought I would give it a go, even for something mindless, it was horrendous. Acting is truly atrocious by all cast members.
    I dont understand why Hollywood is connecting franchises to movies that end up having no relation to the movie. Like Battleship, it could have been called anything…

• Graham J

Watched by Graham J 15 Mar, 2015 6

Poor Taylor Kitsch, first the mind-numbingly dull John Carter From Mars and then this.

Saying Battleship is marginally better than Carter is akin to comparing dried dog poop to a fresh splatter of baby dung. One may be easier to look at but it's still inevitably, shit.

• Sam Harvey

Watched by Sam Harvey 15 Mar, 2015 2

I was hungover, my remote control was broken and as a result this was on in the background. Like a noisy fly bothering me for 2 hours.

• Phil Doyle

★★½ Watched by Phil Doyle 15 Mar, 2015

Yeah. This was totally worth the several days it took to watch it in the early mornings when my infant son woke up.

Sigh.