• Marco Waller

STILL MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

• Thomas Faughnan

★½

Proudly marketed as a board game to movie adaptation, Battleship plays out as a lazy Michael Bay rip-off full of mindless explosions and cringeworthy dialogue. One scene in particular stuck out to me in which a sailor is running for his life in slow motion from a CGI robotic alien projectile. Typical blockbuster action right? Except this time someone forgot to slow down the visual effects, so the result is a slo-mo man being chased by a regular speed robot.…

• Andrea

my dad said we watched this and even showed me the dvd but i have no memory of it

• Jake

Apart from Liam Neeson and a semi-decent soundtrack there isn't much to like about this film. The action, rest of the cast, plot, script and score are all below average and you can tell this film didn't have all that much thought put into it when at the end and during the credits they play the anti-war song 'Fortunate Son' by Creedance Clearwater Revival despite the fact this is clearly a two hour plus jerk off to the war machine.

• Chris Upson

★★½

I got offered this DVD for free with an online order and was like hell yea, i'll have that. it had been staring at me from the foot of my bed for the last month or so, me getting greedier and greedier for it, imagining all CG and hot sun lighting and military nonsense, and praying for a ludicrous amount of digital cameras following digital missiles through the air. i woke up this morning unable to restrain myself and it…

• mads

taylor kitsch, askars, and/or rami malek can sink their D6 in my V12

• mau5headxz

What can I say, I like it. [6/10-Above Average]

• Rip de Wynter

If you can get past the many flaws... then it is an pretty good film visually and as far as the special effects go. Another Hasbro film, this time based around their game Battleship. Surprisingly bad acting from this group of actors, could possibly be because of the poorly written script, the characters background, all of it really. To be fair, it was an excellent concept with no real thirst to bring out a top notch film, in other words... excellent concept made into a flop. The only reason this film rates at all is visually it is stunning.

• anne_f_

If you want to have fun with battleships get a couple of pieces of paper, a friend and play the game. Don't watch this film which is a ridiculous story involving people doing and saying things that nobody would do in the circumstances.

• Jackson Mills

Because:
    1. The simple idea of Hasbro licensing their classic board games to studios for big screen adaptations is contemptible enough, but also
    2. Having said adaptation open with fucking Taylor Kitsch microwaving a goddamn burrito and going downhill from there practically spits on anyone who so much as bothered to pay the $5.50, none of which they'll ever see again.
    In short: this film is assballs.

• Zach Taylor

½

"I've only got about 5 minutes of left time" they couldn't even do another take in order to say this line correctly as "5 minutes of time left"

• Ferre Rodriguez

★★★

¿Habría tenido esto la recepción tan visceralmente negativa que tuvo si no se llamara como se llama? Posiblemente no, porque rechazar así una película como esta - una absoluta medianía tan modesta como insignificante - es como condenar a muerte a alguien porque te ha puesto una zancadilla. No es perfecta, ni siquiera estoy diciendo que sea especialmente buena pero llena todos los recuadros de la plantilla de "parecer una película" con cierta fluidez y decencia, que no es poco para un blockbuster veraniego.