• MrPootytang

★★★★½ Added by MrPootytang

As a kid I sympathized with Beast, felt pity and sorrow for him. Actually sorrow is a good word, although it's a romantic tale (that I'm usually not into at all) Beauty and the Beast is sad, dark, and has your classic happy ending. I've actually watched the 1946 film with the same name, and Disney's adaption strikes many good resemblances. Originally I had no intention for writing a review of this, but somehow Beast as a fantasy character is a deep character that adds to an already meaningful story.

• KMOKLER

★★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

I can watch it over and over again because it's awesome no flaws.

• Garrett the Mad

★★ Rewatched by Garrett the Mad 19 Sep, 2014

Plot Hole #1: So the prince of France got turned into a monster and nobody noticed?

Plot Hole #2: It's supposedly been 10 years since the prince became the beast and he has to find love by the time he is 21 in order to not stay that way permanently. So he was 11 when the spell was cast? Seems like kind of a severe punishment to give an 11-year-old, who also appears to be much older than 11 in…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 21 Mar, 2010

Beautifully romantic and wonderfully animated, Beauty and the Beast is a fantastical and magical film that is also really charming and entertaining. The score, the songs, and the musical numbers are an absolute delight, and the truth is that there's no doubt that this will always be one of Disney's biggest classics.

• Prysewhert

★★★★ Watched by Prysewhert 10 Sep, 2014

As with most Disney films, I feel like the seriousness of the relationship between the two main characters could be explored a bit more while at the same time reducing the amount of comic relief and funny minor characters. This has always been my biggest gripe with their style, but I can still VERY MUCH appreciate how gorgeous this film is, how astonishing Robby Benson's voice acting is and how heartfelt intense the emotions can become. By the way, the North American theatrical poster was the reason I watched this, because it's so damn beautiful. Take that, blue/orange.

• Landon Defever

★★★★½ Rewatched by Landon Defever 01 Sep, 2014

What a wonderful film this is. Beauty & the Beast is one of those rare Disney films that gets better and better as the years go by. Its music is the best that Disney has to offer, the animation is excellent, the characters are extremely likable and its pacing is surprisingly solid.

It isn't my favorite Disney film, but it's far and away the best.

• Matt Conti

Watched by Matt Conti 30 Aug, 2014 1

**Part of the Best Picture Project**

In which the villagers are portrayed as dumb know nothings and the aristocrats are noble characters. Nothing but bourgeois propaganda!

...

I kid.

It's hard for me to make arguments in favor of CG animation over traditional animation when this film still looks crisp and fresh 23 years later and something like Shark Tale makes me want to vomit just looking at a screenshot let alone a clip.

I wish the rental disc I…

• Sam Denyer

★★★★★ Watched by Sam Denyer 31 Aug, 2014

Helped massively by a colourful array of supporting characters, gorgeous animation and two genuinely interesting leads, Beauty and the Beast is one of the Mouse House's best efforts and its legacy as one of cinema's greatest love stories will remain that way for years to come. Never has the Disney canon been more enchanting and downright joyous to watch than in Beauty and the Beast.

• JoelOhsteen

Added by JoelOhsteen

i think this might be the first movie i remember seeing, which is unfortunate because this movie is super shitty

• The Movie King

★★★★★ Rewatched by The Movie King 01 Mar, 2014

"Tale as old as time true as it can be. Barely even friends then somebody bends unexpectedly."

Animation is a genre that's hard to put into words sometimes. At one point there's cartoons that are so stupid that you wish that animated films never existed, such as most animated films released today (particularly garbage like The Croods and Planet 51), but then again, when looking at the many great animated releases from Disney, you don't want the genre to go…

• _natalaki_

★★★★½ Rewatched by _natalaki_ 28 Aug, 2014

το τερας πρεπει να σπασει την καταρα πριν γινει 21, και το τερας ειναι τερας εδω και δεκα χρονια. Αρα ηταν το πιο κακομαθημενο αγενες 11χρονο, να μαθει να αντιμιλαει.
    Α, και η Belle ειναι ΞΕΚΑΘΑΡΑ η Audrey Hepburn

• JG Still

★★★★ Watched by JG Still 25 Aug, 2014

Not a frame is wasted in this classic tale of love and redemption. Utterly charming, and not just for kids!