• Erin J

★★★★ Rewatched by Peter Senay 17 Apr, 2014

Special Extended Version

• Laine

★★★★★ Rewatched by Laine 17 Apr, 2014

TALE AS OLD AS TIME, SONG AS OLD AS RHYME, BEAUTY AND THE BEAASSSST.
    I don't think anyone could love this film more than I do. This is one of the movies I obsessively rewatched in my toddler years and will continue to do so in the future. Timeless and magnificent.

• Adam Cook

★★★★★ Rewatched by Adam Cook 14 Apr, 2014 20

The Little Mermaid may have kickstarted Disney’s resurgence but it was the enchanting Beauty and the Beast that cemented their renaissance in the 1990s. Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise’s film perfectly captures the magic and romance of the studio’s classics whilst bringing it up to date for a modern audience.

Belle, a provincial girl wanting more from life, finds herself trapped, first by the unwanted attention of the egotistical Gaston, and then by a beast in an enchanted castle. It’s…

• troyson

★★★★★ Rewatched by troyson 12 Apr, 2014

One of the best films Disney have ever created. It's always fun to watch an old Disney film now and then

• Brett Blumenkopf

★★★★ Rewatched by Brett Blumenkopf 07 Apr, 2014

Movie a Day - Day 97

I think that Beauty and the Beast has the best story and the most complex characters of any of the Disney renaissance films, and yet I still don't love it in quite the same way I do The Little Mermaid and Aladdin and I'm at somewhat of a loss as to explain why. It's still clearly one of Disney's best films; thematically rich with great songs and wonderful designs.

• MurphDiver

★★★★★ Watched by MurphDiver 06 Apr, 2014

Sing-a-long!!

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★½ Added by Keith LaFountaine

Though not the best Disney musical, there is still a lot to love thanks to the excellent animation and the great voice acting.

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 05 Apr, 2014

When I was around 13, my youngest sister watched this movie every morning for close to a year. It was then succeeded by several months of early morning daily The Lion King watching. So, there have been many days in my life where I woke up to lines of dialogue to each of those films.

That fact isn't really important to my review of Beauty and the Beast but it did come to mind.

Beauty and the Beast is, in…

• lucyhitz

Added by lucyhitz 1

I wanted to be Belle so bad.

• Alex

★★★½ Watched by Alex 04 Apr, 2014 1

[insert nostalgic statement about animated films back then and now here]

• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★★ Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 03 Apr, 2014

Some of the best Disney songs, one of the best villains from Disney, fucking Jerry Orbach, this one is just about perfect. I could watch it anytime, anywhere.