• wildlark

★★★★★ Rewatched by wildlark 19 Aug, 2014

Until next time, thank you for listening.
    ~Gary Trousdale

Guys, I leave for college in a few days. I own the Special Edition of Beauty and the Beast and until tonight I had never listened to the audio commentary. Something had to be done.

Much of the information told through the commentary by Don Han, Kirk Wise, and Gary Trousdale (with special guest Alan Menken) isn't new to Disney buffs or those who have seen documentaries such as Waking Sleeping…

• sleepwalker

★★★★★ Added by sleepwalker

I have never seen this movie before and it was a big mistake. I love it!

• Amelia

★★★★ Watched by Amelia 18 Aug, 2014

I finally watched this on VHS. It's just as sweet and lovely as I thought it would be, although my son was terrified of the beast and Gaston.

• Alex Krajci

★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 11 Aug, 2014

I Don't Like 1991's Beauty And The Beast, I Don't Like It Because Ms. Sindelar Once Told Us About This Movie One Time.

• Shayne Bock

★★★★ Rewatched by Shayne Bock 08 Aug, 2014

Walt Disney Animated Feature Series
    -------------------------------------------------

Enchanting, sweepingly romantic, and featuring plenty of wonderful musical numbers, Beauty and the Beast is one of Disney's most elegant animated offerings.

That's rotten tomato's consensus.

And I agree.

There's not much else to say, it's pretty self evident. It's Beauty and the Beast - almost everything I said about Mermaid applies to this.

• Sean

★★★★ Added by Sean

I still think this is arguably the animation studio's best film. I could argue with myself for a long time, but this one's up there. The music. The MUSIC.

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 04 Aug, 2014

When her father is imprisoned by "The Beast" in his castle, Belle, his outspoken daughter, takes his place only to find that there's more to the Beast than meets the eye. One word to say about this movie and that is beautiful, amazing animation and one of the best story out there.

• Elsa López

★★★★½ Added by Elsa López

79. Hermosa :') Tiene muchos años que no la veía, y me hizo sentir como esa Elsita que se sentaba todos los días frente a la tele a ver ésta, Blanca Nieves y Policías y Ratones (esta última siendo las más bad ass de todas, lo que es). La canción de Gastón en el bar es de mis favoritas <3 Ah, :')

• Antonio Guzman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Antonio Guzman 24 Jul, 2014

Slays me every time. It's also the most beautiful blu-ray I've seen with impossibly vibrant colors.

• Luke McGrath

★★★½ Rewatched by Luke McGrath 20 Jul, 2014

Charming. Decent songs. Lansbury.

• StarklyReviews

★★½ Rewatched by StarklyReviews 11 Jul, 2014

"Crazy old Maurice ay?…….. Crazy old Maurice……."

I think the main problem I have with Beauty and the Beast is how dated it feels, I'm one of those fucks that likes the way films have evolved, especially Disney films.

Even though this was only made in 1991, I feel like it was made in the 50's. Pinocchio feels less dated than this in my eyes.

In saying that Gaston is hilarious, he's so far up his own ass he shits…

• thegambler

★★★½ Added by thegambler

It's what's inside that counts... just don't kiss your Beast til he's gorgeous. A mixed message, but what a Beast he is! Disney's most impressive character bar none, both in animation and voice acting.