• Gary Lane

★★★★½ Rewatched by Gary Lane 04 Jul, 2015

Our annual tradition is to watch a Disney movie on the fourth of July. I hadn't seen this one in probably fifteen years. It's still every bit as good as I remember it being! The late 80's/early 90's truly were the heyday for Disney films. The animation is spectacular and the early work with Pixar has a nice-but-not-too-in-your-face sensibility.

Catchy songs, loveable characters and beautiful animation make this one beautiful beast of a film!

• JulieC

★★★★★ Rewatched by JulieC 05 Jul, 2015

Gaston: I use antlers in all of my decorating!

• The Movie King

★★★★★ Rewatched by The Movie King 02 Jul, 2015

Film #9 of The Movie King's Scavenger Hunt Challenge: Disney Edition
    Task #17: A Disney Princess film

I won't go in-depth on this one as I've already talked about this one tremendously in two prior reviews, but man, Disney, this is how you craft a love story without all the mush and clichés one finds on the Hallmark channel! Belle is seriously the best of the Disney princess heroines! She could care less on what she's labeled and goes out…

• Sabela La

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sabela La 02 Jul, 2015 2

La trigésima película de animación Disney es, en mi opinión, la mejor que haya rodado jamás el estudio. Y que me perdone 'Blancanieves...', pues a pesar de ser mi preferida y el que considero más importante de los clásicos, soy consciente de que la antigüedad juega en su contra en algunas cuestiones.

'La bella y la bestia', sin embargo, es la obra magna de todo el repertorio Disney. Un clásico imperecedero con un mensaje ejemplar y una heroína fuera del…

• Alex

★★★½ Watched by Alex 01 Jul, 2015

Gaston is my favourite Disney villain.

• Craig

★★★ Rewatched by Craig 27 Jun, 2015

Not a patch on Pixar but still very enjoyable family viewing.

• AJ Robinson

★★★★★ Added by AJ Robinson

Out of all the Disney Films to follow the True Love storyline, this film executes it the best. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• christian531

★★★★★ Added by christian531

BEST MOVIE EVER

• Matheus Albano

★★★½ Watched by Matheus Albano 13 Jun, 2015

You've just got to admire any movie that has the ability to simply make you smile. Beauty and the Beast remains as ageless as any of the (let's call them) achievements from Disney's golden era and perhaps even more so.

Sure, there are some plot elements that don't seem to fit for me and I've seen better paced films, including animations, but honestly, who the hell cares? This is as exhilarating, fun and beautiful today as it was by the…

• L!M!N

8.2 out of 10

• lantio

★★★★½ Rewatched by lantio 07 Jun, 2015

In preparation for Inside Out
    As I said in my Lion King review, I am attempting to watch all of the pixar movies and some of my favourite Disney movies to get ready for pixar's new movie.
    So, Beauty and the Beast is one of Disney's most mature efforts. While the story may seem cliche on paper, this rendition of the "tale as old as time" manages to feel refreshing and all-out wonderful. With some of the best songs Disney…