• SinceApril2015

★★★★ Watched by SinceApril2015 25 Apr, 2015

It is very much alive and breathing with tremendous air of magic. Very refreshing to once again watch seamless hand-drawn illustrations.

• Angelsfeelings

★★★★ Added by Angelsfeelings

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

One of my most beloved Disney movies. I love everything about this movie. Whether it's Belle's opening song, the absence of the villain or Mrs. Potts.

Now I know you'll probably tell me that Gaston is the main villain in this story but I don't see him that way. Sure he's pretentious and cocky but that doesn't make him "the villain". Even when he rouse the village to go kill the Beast, yes I know he does it for his…

• Nazeer Vawda

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nazeer Vawda 23 Apr, 2015

This film doesn't have nostalgic value to me. I saw it when i was really young, but i barely remember it. ITS AMAZING

• moviemanwill

★★★★ Added by moviemanwill

Belle may be the prototypical strong female character, but I've never been 100% sold on her. She seems too perfect and the romance still feels too rushed. This is Beast's story and his characterization is perfect. The musical numbers - all fantastic. Animation is absolutely gorgeous. This is mostly a great film, but I'm still, for whatever reason, not sold on the film outside of the spectacle.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

VHS

• dEL

★★★★★ Rewatched by dEL 20 Apr, 2015

That Gaston guy seems pretty rapey.

• Sam Denyer

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sam Denyer 18 Apr, 2015

Disney's signature melodrama at its finest, mixing catchy songs with a wit and heart you'd be hard-pressed to find anywhere else.

• likely_lad

★★★★½ Added by likely_lad

Love it, nearly gave it the full 5 stars. My favorite Disney movie.

• Jason Darby

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Darby 08 Apr, 2015

It can be argued that, of all the films to come out during the Disney renaissance, Beauty and the Beast is the one that gets everything right. Every other classic film from the era (The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and The Lion King primarily) has some other flaw that stands out. Beauty and the Beast lacks many of those flaws.

The story doesn't stray too far from its fairy tale roots, and certainly applies to the usual Disney conventions. But whereas…

• moviefan84

★★★★★ Watched by moviefan84 08 Apr, 2015

My favourite animated film of all time.

• Alexander Perelson

★★★★★ Added by Alexander Perelson

30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 12: Your Favorite Animated film.
    Not sure what To say about this one just see it.

• LiteYear

★★★½ Watched by LiteYear 04 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Continuing my own personal Disney Renaissance this year. I can see why this is a popular one. Pure fairytale fun with engaging main characters and far-fetched allegorical love story drama. The sidekick characters are not that funny but fill in some of the gaps. And the songs are nothing special other than the famous one, but that isn't integrated all that well into the film itself being sung by a teapot. It's the end credits version that stands out more.…