• Blots

★★★½ Watched by Blots 04 Oct, 2015

2002 IMAX restoration.

I watched this a lot as a kid, so the whole thing came hurtling back in pieces, and mostly via atmosphere – the bad vibes of the forest, the shadowy bruise-coloured statues, the enormous hallways, etc. It was enjoyable to revisit.

The gentle integration of computer animated elements intrigues me – of course, there’s the sweeping ballroom camera moves, but the more effective stuff is a little more subtle; chandeliers, the multi-tiered cake and forks in ‘Be…

• Andy Nelson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Nelson 04 Oct, 2015

My thoughts: This movie is magnificent. In a rare case for a Disney film, every character works and works well -- even all the cute sidekick characters. The animation is gorgeous, the music memorable and brilliant, and the story beautifully told. It's quite a feat.

What's funny about this film is that I didn't like it when it first came out. I was at a point in my Disney animated film viewing where I was hyper-critical and overly analytical, finding…

• johnirwin

★★★★★ Rewatched by johnirwin 04 Oct, 2015

Lovely animation - that prologue! that ballroom dance!

Pitch perfect musical numbers. I never fail to be delighted by the Busby Berkeley inspired "Be Our Guest", with its chorus line forks kicking their tines and its baritone beer steins. Or the parodic anthem to Gaston's douchiness, which has some of the funniest lyrics in all the Disney musical pantheon ("I use antlers in all of my deeecoraating").

Romantic and sweet, goofy yet mature, classy and timeless - Beauty and the Beast is basically perfect. Outside of a few of their 1940s masterworks, I count this as Disney's finest achievement.

• Princess Leia

★★★½ Rewatched by Princess Leia 02 Oct, 2015

Princess League Film #6

I say, be my guest when it comes to a Disney film like ''Beauty and the Beast.'' Along with Gaston (one of the Vainest villains in the Disney library, want prof... I just made a list of Disney Villains), good songs, comedic moments here and there especially from the clock and the candle, and a scene in a ballroom that'll BLOW...YOUR...MIND!

(7/10)- Decent

Alright Princess League, you're going on pause again, but not for a long while, but until the Blu-ray release of ''Aladdin'' that is.

• Rachael

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rachael 26 Sep, 2015

The original animated version is better than the "extended" version with this stupid song thrown in for an extra scene. This rating doesn't reflect on the new song FYI.

• massageman

★★★½ Watched by massageman 26 Sep, 2015

This is my favorite Disney cartoon, and watching it always brings about memories from the first time that I saw it when I was 10 years old. I like the characters and the songs more than the other Disney films! It is always a great time machine back to childhood!

• goldloud

★★★★★ Rewatched by goldloud 26 Sep, 2015

- I want to do something for her... but what?

-Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep...

• stefanie

★★★★★ Rewatched by stefanie 20 Sep, 2015

I've seen this movie more times than I can count or remember and it never gets old. I've memorized all the songs which I'm sure sure I should be bragging about. But it's fun to watch the extended version when they include Human Again. I will never get tired of this movie.

• Nazeer Vawda

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nazeer Vawda 20 Sep, 2015

A tragic story about a girl who got Stockholm Syndrome and the murder of the man who tried to save her

• Caiã Caramori

★★★★★ Watched by Caiã Caramori 15 Sep, 2015

• Fitzers227

★★★★★ Rewatched by Fitzers227 01 Jul, 2015

• RIMovieCorner

★★★★★ Added by RIMovieCorner

What can be said about 'Beauty and the Beast' that hasn't already been said? This is pretty much 'perfection' as far as Disney films are concerned. It was the first animated film to be nominated for Best Picture. It's just one of Disney's absolute best films. It has one of the company's best Disney princesses in Belle and a great romantic story line involving her and the Beast in which they have to get along before falling in love. It…