• Michael King

★★★★½ Added by Michael King

The BEST Disney Animated movie EVER! Great songs, great visuals, great story.

• Kate Veismane

Watched by Kate Veismane 21 Jan, 2015

Everything but humans were kind of good for a Disney cartoon. And Gaston. Gaston was great. He has biceps to spare you know.

• Matthew Murray

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Murray 22 Dec, 2014

One of the classic Disney princess films. It took me long enough to see this one but it definitely has all the magic of the Disney golden era that occurred throughout the 90s.

Probably my favourite of the princess films, due to having one of the smarter protagonists and a more complex prince than every other.

The music is mostly pretty bearable (I hate musicals) and, at least, it doesn't take away from the story in my eyes.

• Nadine Keels

★★★★★ Added by Nadine Keels

Tale as old as time
    Tune as old as song
    Bittersweet and strange
    Finding you can change
    Learning you were wrong...

As far as I can see, this one tops all the Disney princess films. Even with its Disney princess film status aside, Beauty and the Beast is a well-told, well-developed love story of two souls who have some growing to do, and do their growing together.

The movie's got a great cast of characters, it's wonderfully scored and has…

• Victor Volchenko

★★★★★ Watched by Victor Volchenko 13 Jan, 2015

Although Beauty and the Beast speaks about topics that are over-used in movies, like: what is true beauty, how love changes a person and that we need to look much deeper in things, it does that in such a fantastic way, that all these questions look fresh. It's touching, very emotional. You know where the plot is leading you but you are still worrying for the main characters.

And all this comes with one of the best songs written for animation movie. Beautiful.

• jannejanne

★★★★★ Added by jannejanne

I don't really have the same Disney nostalgia as most kids in my generation. This is the only film that I feel a strong connection to, and actually remember watching/loving as a kid. The songs are wonderful, the animation beautiful, and Belle has always been my favourite. Watching Gaston's behaviour as a young adult is the scariest thing, because it sends off all the warning bells in my head for an abusive man. Honestly, he scares me more now than the Beast ever did when I was young.

• Matthew Beem

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Beem 04 Jan, 2015

84/100

• Daniel Mumby

★★★★★ Added by Daniel Mumby

The Disney Renaissance was underpinned by two major shifts in Disney thinking. One was a move back to the fairy tale and fantasy territory that had underpinned the Golden Age, and the other was a more confident and forthright approach to production and promotion. Disney spent much of the 1980s figuring out exactly what kind of stories they wanted to tell and how they wanted to sell them, and after many failed but interesting attempts, they finally hit lucky with…

• inamax

★★★½ Added by inamax

Good.

• Keith Phipps

★★★★½ Rewatched by Keith Phipps 01 Jan, 2015

Still like LITTLE MERMAID better but this is just a gorgeous movie with great songs. Wish Belle had a _little_ more dimension.

• Nick Simone

★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Simone 31 Dec, 2014

Continuing on with our Disney marathon on New Year's eve. This was always one of my favorite Disney movies and I still quite enjoyed it upon rewatch. The songs are amazing the animation is great. It looked really good on my HD big screen on Blu.

• Cameron Morewood

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cameron Morewood 29 Dec, 2014

One of Disney's finest achievements. Such a biting, fantastic criticism of machismo, yet also a wondrous tale of unconditional love. Some may argue Belle has Stockholm syndrome, and so what if she does? Maybe Pedro Almodóvar made a Disney movie. At least three of the songs are all-timers and Lumière is the suavest damn candlestick in cinema history. Oh yeah, and everything looks absolutely grand on blu-ray.