• makenna

★★★★ Watched by makenna 02 May, 2016

I was convinced for 4 years from the age of 2 to 5 that I was princess belle

• Sean Curley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Curley 30 Apr, 2016

The first animated feature nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture, and the only film to do so in the former five-nominee bracket, Beauty and the Beast is a landmark in the history of American animation. As well, the music is the gold standard for modern cinematic musicals. This was the last film that Howard Ashman saw through to completion, and it is a fitting capstone to an all-too-brief career and his historic partnership with Alan Menken. Every song…

• Matt Fisher

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Fisher 24 Apr, 2016

Even though this was one I grew up watching, I can't say nostalgia hijacked my opinion as I honestly found it kinda eh. The songs are solid, probably Disney's most Rodgers & Hammerstein outing (I was reminded of Oklahoma and Sound of Music specifically) and there's some really magnificent animation, but Beast is totally emo and try as they might Belle just comes off as aloof and spacey, so with two unappealing protagonists at the helm my heart never latched onto anyone or raised my hopes for victory.

• CigarsOnMars

★★★★½ Watched by CigarsOnMars 28 Apr, 2016

Jamen altså, det er jo en klassiker fra min barndom, hvad mere skal jeg sige! Og så er Gaston jo en af de bedste karakterer Disney nogensinde har skabt.

4,5/5

• Dave Mello

★★★★ Watched by Dave Mello 24 Apr, 2016

I have no idea how I went so long without seeing this movie, but it was as good as everyone said. How great a character is Belle?

• bbanks2121

★★★ Rewatched by bbanks2121 11 Feb, 2016

Belle, what a nerd!

• Daniel Mármol

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Mármol 21 Apr, 2016

RETO 2016: Un película de animación clásica.

Beauty and the Beast, como unas cuantas películas animadas, forman parte de las películas que por alguna razón no logro recordar por qué no pude ver en mi infancia -o quizá la verdadera razón sea que no logro recordar si las vi completas- y que más puedo decir de esta impecable animación del mundo animado de Disney, simplemente es una composición de increíbles secuencias animadas y de personajes muy bien pensados y desarrollados…

• Steven Johnson

Rewatched by Steven Johnson 07 Apr, 2016

Watched @ El Capitan Theatre (Hollywood, CA). Throwback Thursday event.

My favorite movie. Got to see this as a Throwback Thursday screening at El Capitan Theatre, with producer Don Hahn and directors Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise speaking about the film’s production.

• Carolinanz

★★★★★ Added by Carolinanz

"For who could ever learn to love a beast?"

• Nathanial00

★★★½ Added by Nathanial00

6.8/10
    I like it- but don't love it

• David Kociol

★★★★★ Added by David Kociol

Oh my God, why are they remaking this film when it ain't even broken? Amazing music, amazing animation, amazing performances from the cast and a story that'll bring a tear to your eye. Probably the greatest animated film ever.

• Reksoprodjo

★★★★ Added by Reksoprodjo

how did the rose floats can someone pls explain??? still loving the movie despite having to see talking teapots and candle light