• Matt Conti

Watched by Matt Conti 30 Aug, 2014

**Part of the Best Picture Project**

In which the villagers are portrayed as dumb know nothings and the aristocrats are noble characters. Nothing but bourgeois propaganda!

...

I kid.

It's hard for me to make arguments in favor of CG animation over traditional animation when this film still looks crisp and fresh 23 years later and something like Shark Tale makes me want to vomit just looking at a screenshot let alone a clip.

I wish the rental disc I…

• Sam Denyer

★★★★★ Watched by Sam Denyer 31 Aug, 2014

Helped massively by a colourful array of supporting characters, gorgeous animation and two genuinely interesting leads, Beauty and the Beast is one of the Mouse House's best efforts and its legacy as one of cinema's greatest love stories will remain that way for years to come. Never has the Disney canon been more enchanting and downright joyous to watch than in Beauty and the Beast.

• JoelOhsteen

Added by JoelOhsteen

i think this might be the first movie i remember seeing, which is unfortunate because this movie is super shitty

• The Movie King

★★★★★ Rewatched by The Movie King 01 Mar, 2014

"Tale as old as time true as it can be. Barely even friends then somebody bends unexpectedly."

Animation is a genre that's hard to put into words sometimes. At one point there's cartoons that are so stupid that you wish that animated films never existed, such as most animated films released today (particularly garbage like The Croods and Planet 51), but then again, when looking at the many great animated releases from Disney, you don't want the genre to go…

• _natalaki_

★★★★½ Rewatched by _natalaki_ 28 Aug, 2014

το τερας πρεπει να σπασει την καταρα πριν γινει 21, και το τερας ειναι τερας εδω και δεκα χρονια. Αρα ηταν το πιο κακομαθημενο αγενες 11χρονο, να μαθει να αντιμιλαει.
    Α, και η Belle ειναι ΞΕΚΑΘΑΡΑ η Audrey Hepburn

• JG Still

★★★★ Watched by JG Still 25 Aug, 2014

Not a frame is wasted in this classic tale of love and redemption. Utterly charming, and not just for kids!

• wildlark

★★★★★ Rewatched by wildlark 19 Aug, 2014

Until next time, thank you for listening.
    ~Gary Trousdale

Guys, I leave for college in a few days. I own the Special Edition of Beauty and the Beast and until tonight I had never listened to the audio commentary. Something had to be done.

Much of the information told through the commentary by Don Han, Kirk Wise, and Gary Trousdale (with special guest Alan Menken) isn't new to Disney buffs or those who have seen documentaries such as Waking Sleeping…

• sleepwalker

★★★★★ Added by sleepwalker

I have never seen this movie before and it was a big mistake. I love it!

• Amelia

★★★★ Watched by Amelia 18 Aug, 2014

I finally watched this on VHS. It's just as sweet and lovely as I thought it would be, although my son was terrified of the beast and Gaston.

• Alex Krajci

★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 11 Aug, 2014

I Don't Like 1991's Beauty And The Beast, I Don't Like It Because Ms. Sindelar Once Told Us About This Movie One Time.

• Shayne Bock

★★★★ Rewatched by Shayne Bock 08 Aug, 2014

Walt Disney Animated Feature Series
    -------------------------------------------------

Enchanting, sweepingly romantic, and featuring plenty of wonderful musical numbers, Beauty and the Beast is one of Disney's most elegant animated offerings.

That's rotten tomato's consensus.

And I agree.

There's not much else to say, it's pretty self evident. It's Beauty and the Beast - almost everything I said about Mermaid applies to this.

• Sean

★★★★ Added by Sean

I still think this is arguably the animation studio's best film. I could argue with myself for a long time, but this one's up there. The music. The MUSIC.