• JC Shaffer

★★★★ Watched by JC Shaffer 25 Nov, 2015

A fantastic film to look at. Sometimes a little too pat in its plotting. But unfortunately pretty resonate for me lately.

• ckdumas

★★★★ Added by ckdumas

Excellent low budget indie with intriguing characters and explosive action.

• Jack Gattanella

★★★½ Added by Jack Gattanella

Not a great film, but I am certainly intrigued by the director and this warped style. The storytelling can get fucked most of the time, a break happens halfway through the film where character(s) do things that just make the film go in a total other direction with little motivation, and it doesn't really have an ending. But for a film made for 17 grand, it's audacious as hell. I want to see what Glodell does for his second or third film, when he matures (at least somewhat) as a director/writer/actor/flamethrower-maker. It's the highest 3 1/2 out of 5 star recommended movie in a while.

• Steven Millan

Watched by Steven Millan 28 Sep, 2015

Two guys that are close friends who specialize in building futuristic looking Mad Max/Road Warrior-esque vehicles fall in love with the same gal,resulting in a long,ponderous,dragging,boring drama that doesn't end well. It also is a real severe pain to sit through and watch,as well.

• afdye

★★★★½ Added by afdye

kinda sophomoric. Definitely feels like a first feature. But this film means a lot to me. Saw it at a pivotal time in my life.

• Tawarien

★★★★ Watched by Tawarien 08 Jul, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Woodrow und Aiden sind zwei Mad Max Freaks, die auf Endzeitszenarien, dazu passende fahrende Untersätze und Flammenwerfer stehen. Die beiden Jungs aus Wisconsin sind deswegen extra in einen Vorort von Los Angeles gezogen, um sich ganz der Bastelei entsprechender Utensilien zu widmen. Sonst kein Ziel vor Augen besaufen sie sich regelmäßig, auch in diversen Pubs. Dort lernen sie bei einem Grillenwettessen Milly und Courtney kennen. Spontan fahren Woodrow und Milly während ihres ersten Dates nach Texas und genießen nach…

• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 08 Jun, 2013

Excellent performances from all the leads, stunning cinematography and a hard-hitting plot all make for a fantastic low-budget indie drama. The ending is very dark, however.

• GumboGumbo

Watched by GumboGumbo 27 Aug, 2015

Jarrett Duncan Memorial Film Challenge
    13/30 A movie about cars

This worked for me. I like the scrappy-ness. I know people like this.

Some things don't matter, but where did they work? Why the infidelity? The emotional propulsion of the drama was effective for me but the logic is rotten.

However, I think labelling this movie as pretentious is a bit foolish. It is dumb at times but there are some real guts here (emotions and courage). Pressing the boot down on the flaws only goes so far.

But it did remind me of television's Friends.

go read another review!

• alexbhades

★★½ Watched by alexbhades 22 Jan, 2013

Pues me ha decepcionado un poco, sentia curiosidad por verla sobretodo por su irrisorio presupuesto (17.000$). Y bueno, se puede ver, pero su final confuso y su montaje a golpes de flashback sin justificar de han dejado un poco desaborio.

• GKnight

★★★★ Added by GKnight

I was expecting an action flick, and surprisingly, it turned out to be an indie love story on steroids. It's not a conventional movie by any means, the newcomer director uses all the tricks at his disposal that fit into a shoe-string budget. Surprisingly, the end result is quite good, it even manages to create an unexpectedly surreal vibe, leaving us with a kind of ending that makes you think long after it's over.

• Chad Nichols

Watched by Chad Nichols 17 Jul, 2015

This movie was a lot stranger than I expected it to be.

• mfulton