• Tawarien

★★★★ Watched by Tawarien 08 Jul, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Plot:
    Woodrow und Aiden sind zwei Mad Max Freaks, die auf Endzeitszenarien, dazu passende fahrende Untersätze und Flammenwerfer stehen. Die beiden Jungs aus Wisconsin sind deswegen extra in einen Vorort von Los Angeles gezogen, um sich ganz der Bastelei entsprechender Utensilien zu widmen. Sonst kein Ziel vor Augen besaufen sie sich regelmäßig, auch in diversen Pubs. Dort lernen sie bei einem Grillenwettessen Milly und Courtney kennen. Spontan fahren Woodrow und Milly während ihres ersten Dates nach Texas und genießen nach…

• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 08 Jun, 2013

Excellent performances from all the leads, stunning cinematography and a hard-hitting plot all make for a fantastic low-budget indie drama. The ending is very dark, however.

• GumboGumbo

Watched by GumboGumbo 27 Aug, 2015

Jarrett Duncan Memorial Film Challenge
    13/30 A movie about cars

This worked for me. I like the scrappy-ness. I know people like this.

Some things don't matter, but where did they work? Why the infidelity? The emotional propulsion of the drama was effective for me but the logic is rotten.

However, I think labelling this movie as pretentious is a bit foolish. It is dumb at times but there are some real guts here (emotions and courage). Pressing the boot down on the flaws only goes so far.

But it did remind me of television's Friends.

go read another review!

• alexbhades

★★½ Watched by alexbhades 22 Jan, 2013

Pues me ha decepcionado un poco, sentia curiosidad por verla sobretodo por su irrisorio presupuesto (17.000$). Y bueno, se puede ver, pero su final confuso y su montaje a golpes de flashback sin justificar de han dejado un poco desaborio.

• GKnight

★★★★ Added by GKnight

I was expecting an action flick, and surprisingly, it turned out to be an indie love story on steroids. It's not a conventional movie by any means, the newcomer director uses all the tricks at his disposal that fit into a shoe-string budget. Surprisingly, the end result is quite good, it even manages to create an unexpectedly surreal vibe, leaving us with a kind of ending that makes you think long after it's over.

• Chad Nichols

Watched by Chad Nichols 17 Jul, 2015

This movie was a lot stranger than I expected it to be.

• mfulton

★★★½ Added by mfulton

B

• TajLV

★★★½ Watched by TajLV 12 Jul, 2015 2

"Young men are crazy strange emotional beings." ~ Evan Glodell

I really can't write about this film in any detail without including some spoilers, so I'm just going to list some bullet-point observations that might help others decide whether or not to give this award-winning indie action flick a gander.

1. Initial Mystery Solved - Bellflower is the name of a relatively quiet residential street in a California suburban neighborhood where most of the story takes place.

2. Who the…

• J. N. Smith

★★ Watched by J. N. Smith 26 Nov, 2013

It’s trying so hard to be an Indie film, that it gets in the way of itself.

• Christopher Connell

★★★★★ Added by Christopher Connell

This is what love feels like.

• Matt Brown

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Brown 24 May, 2015 1

My original review of this film was "all the Fury Road you're ever gonna need" which was WRONG and a LIE and WOEFULLY INACCURATE

• shanderson88

★★★★ Watched by shanderson88 21 May, 2015

It starts off as a nice little story of young love, but it never feels quite right. Honestly, I can't be completely sure if it was because of an intended tone being successfully achieved or if it just boils down to the very limited budget Bellflower was made on, but that warmth you feel as you watch it is never because of hugs and kisses and the gentle, passionate lovemaking. It's Medusa and the flamethrower that make you feel a…