• Silversaxophone

★½ Watched by Silversaxophone 19 Oct, 2014

Two twenty-somethings hold onto their childish fantasies of being the coolest guys around after the apocalypse, only to have everything explode in their faces in the apocalypse of their personal lives. Glodell seems to strive for the mythic in his tragedy of Dudes and their toys, Bro's & Bitches, but the characters are so foolish as to be laughable. The height of achievement for Aiden, for example, is to stop in small towns and show off his cool car and flamethrower.…

• Lars Swedberg

★★★★ Rewatched by Lars Swedberg 22 Sep, 2014

I absolutely love this movie. From the story behind it; how they made this movie with a 17,00 dollar budget. How they built the car, the flame thrower, shot that propane tank with an actual shotgun, etc. I think Evan Glodell as time goes on and he makes more films could become the next maverick filmmaker like Tarantino. More than that though; the film has layers and depth to it. From the love story developing in the beginning chapters to…

• Charles Lyons

★★★★½ Added by Charles Lyons

• Jon_Kissel

★½ Watched by Jon_Kissel 29 Aug, 2014

There's definitely something to be said for making a film that looks as good as Bellflower on a $17,000 budget. However, appearances will only get you a person so far. My car's technically proficient, too, but I don't want to watch it run for 103 minutes. Bellflower is a well-constructed monument to ugliness. Its marble is polished up nicely, but the statue itself is two bros holding a gun in one hand and their junk in the other.

Writer/director/lead Evan…

• Windyblue

★½ Added by Windyblue

Warning:
    Violence
    Weapons (knives, firearms)
    Sexually explicit
    Rape

idk. that was kind of all over the place. also all the characters look the same. I expected it to be better..

• IfWeMadeIt

Watched by IfWeMadeIt 07 Jun, 2012

Episode 51

• Brad Swenson

★★ Watched by Brad Swenson 31 Aug, 2014

There were pieces of a movie here, but an awful lot of uninspiring ones with the few interesting moments. Yes the cinematography, production design and music were interesting and often times beautiful. But it wasn't enough to sustain a good cinematic story for me. Felt like a short film / music video stretched out over 105 minutes.

• Brent May

★★★ Watched by Brent May 28 Aug, 2014

I heard a wide array of reactions to this film, some loved it and others loathed it.

I can see why some liked it, but I had no connection with the lead characters. They were annoying f'ing hipsters that apparently had no goals other than to look cool. From a character standpoint I'd have love to turn the flamethrower on all the unlikable characters in the film.

I guess I got some of the reviews wrong as I came into…

• sven.

★★★ Watched by sven. 27 Aug, 2014

ein selbstfindungstrip.

ein road movie zu sich selbst sozusagen.

aber auf jeden fall indie.

sehr indie.

beeindruckendes und überbordendes.

ästhetisch vielsagend.

plot- und schlaglöcher werden von mir links liegen gelassen.

of milly's shit and lord humungus.

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 27 Aug, 2011

This movie takes risks. Not all of those risks pay off, but most of them do. Enough that most of the movie is absorbing with the extra thrill of recognizing that it may not go in the direction you expect.

• Aaron King

★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron King 22 Aug, 2014 2

A breath of fresh air. The end really disturbs me but I think it should do that to you. I can't wait for these guys to make another film because I'll be waiting for it.

• arlsvera

★★★½ Watched by arlsvera 12 Aug, 2014

It's hard to describe this film. It starts off rather sweet - a great portrayal of male friendship and their budding romances with some local gals. About three quarters of the way through the film, things get trippy. Things go very, very bad for the boys. The tone of the movie changes. I had no idea what I was getting into, but it was quite a ride!