• Nick Kivi

Rewatched by Nick Kivi 28 Jul, 2015

So wonderfully unsettling...

• dave4pepsi

★★★★½ Watched by dave4pepsi 27 Feb, 2015

Jack Black is perfect in this role. Maybe his best performance of his career. Wow.

• xSeymorex

★★★½ Watched by xSeymorex 26 Jul, 2015

I watched this with my mother-in-law, who fancied a crime film. Film was weird but well done. I don't usually like Jack Black but he wasn't annoying in this. I appreciated the older cast & their humour, and the Texas setting.

• Ethan Rosenberg

Watched by Ethan Rosenberg 17 Jul, 2015

Diabolique, but better; Linklater is so damn good at populating the screen with colorful characters. Bernie Tiede may be the role Jack Black was born to play.

• alexbhades

★★ Watched by alexbhades 16 Mar, 2013

Comedia negra que no ha colmado mis expectativas, su narración tipo documental me ha acabado aburriendo, aunque los personajes están bastante conseguidos.

• Oliver

★★★ Watched by Oliver 15 Jul, 2015

It spins its wheels a little too much and the documentary format didn't work for me, but the film never stops being charming and Jack Black gives a bravura performance.

Also, Bernie Tiede lives in Richard Linklater's garage now? What?

• Thegrandpuba21

★★★½ Watched by Thegrandpuba21 11 Jul, 2015

Sometimes life can be stranger than fiction. Bernie is one of those movies that just makes you question why we need to make up things in the first place when there is so much crazy in our own world.

• reeldreams

★★★★ Watched by reeldreams 11 Jun, 2011

Hilarious

• adwesterfield

★★★★ Added by adwesterfield

Intriguing.

• Bethany

★★★★½ Watched by Bethany 06 Jul, 2015

I think this may be my favorite Linklater movie. I was not the devoted fan of Boyhood that most people were (I was pretty meh on it in general) and as I was watching this, I felt like I was much more impressed with the technical achievements on this one. Maybe a little less flashy, but certainly very difficult and unique. To go into a true story and weave actor's performances in with interviews with actual people is a bold move and I think it works beautifully. Jack Black is as sweet and likable as I've ever seen him. I loved every minute of it.

• Kevin McKay

★★★½ Added by Kevin McKay

A little sleepy and slow.
    But it's a movie that makes you realize how great a performer Jack Black is.

• Dalton Henderson

★★★★ Added by Dalton Henderson

I found this movie absolutely hilarious, because I used to live in a town as hick as the one in this film. It's set up kind of like a mockumentary half of the movie and then the other half it isn't, Jack Black is great in this movie, so is every one else. Rewatchable and very funny movie.