• Jourdain Searles

Made my skin crawl.

• Jake Williams

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jake Williams 30 Aug, 2015

88%
    Linklater's nonfictional story, but fictional documentary is absolute genius. It's a hilarious and controversial story that can only be described through Black's sensational performance. He's perfect for the role and brings the whole idea together of this unusual tale. McConaughey is great as usual and Linklater's direction takes the fl to unique heights and switching up the way a true story is told in his documentary styled retelling. It's one interesting story and one of the best films of 2011.

• Liz Ennis

★★★★ Watched by Liz Ennis 29 Aug, 2015

___________________________________________________________________
    Film #13 of the "Scavenger Hunt #5" [Blackjack and Hookers edition]
    Task #4: A movie starring Jack Black
    ___________________________________________________________________
    This movie is both sweet and strange. I really liked the interviews, mostly because all of the people were hilarious. My favorite was the guy in the diner with the 5 parts of Texas.

Jack Black is really awesome in this. It is the best I have ever seen him. He makes Bernie seem like a truly decent guy who wants to help people as much as he can.

• Austin Armstrong

★★★½ Added by Austin Armstrong

This has to be Jack Black's best role. I really felt for the character. He was doing his best while being dealt a terrible card. This is a great character portrait film.

• Craig Dawson

★★★½ Rewatched by Craig Dawson 04 Aug, 2015

In small-town Texas, an affable mortician strikes up a friendship with a wealthy widow, though when she starts to become controlling, he goes to great lengths to separate himself from her grasp.

While not in the top tier of Linklater works, any film that can make Jack Black a sympathetic onscreen presence is doing something right. I do like how non actors are used in the documentary type moments and they give me a realistic feel of how a small Texas town could be.

Awesome supporting role from McConaughey.

• rsr216

★★★★½ Watched by rsr216 25 Aug, 2015

A really great Jack Black performance and an incredible dark comedy.

• Rob Carmack

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rob Carmack 24 Aug, 2015

I love this movie. I could watch it once a month.

• XaviSanchezPons

★★★★ Added by XaviSanchezPons

"Bernie", una comedia ácida y negra con un Jack Black de otro planeta. Un documentos TV freak donde la voz del pueblo robaplanos. Buena.

• Michael Parks

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Parks 22 Aug, 2015

Jack Black is amazing. The Texas region breakdown is perfect. A hilarious film.

• Alex Vieira

★★★★ Watched by Alex Vieira 21 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

"Well, Bernie was so nice, so accommodating, so willing to keep from hurting other people's feelings, he just couldn't tell anybody to piss off."

Sempre achei interessante as histórias verídicas no cinema. Ao redor do mundo, acontecem coisas absolutamente inusitadas nas vidas das pessoas, que algumas merecem serem contadas ao grande público.E, por sua vez, quando tais factos são revelados, a popularidade é tamanha que coincide com a influência na mudança da vida da pessoa biografada.

O cineasta contemporâneo Richard…

• Gabrielle

★★★★ Watched by Gabrielle 21 Aug, 2015

I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. The townspeople and the actors were great, and the script was delightful.

• Irtaza Raza

★★ Watched by Irtaza Raza 20 Aug, 2015

Interesting. Uniquely made , just like the series The Office.

Was amazed t learn in the end that this was based on a true story. Great plot to the movie. After the start , the movie gets predictable and you know what will happen next. But just as the movie reaches the hour mark, it gets really interesting and gripping , keeps your attention.

Very impressed by Jack Blacks acting, probably his best performance. Plus Matthew McConaughey acting in all his roles are exactly the same. But hey , I'm not complaining , he's a kickass actor!